• Published 8th May 2014
  • 1,934 Views, 130 Comments

Sensational Serials: Silly, Short Stories for Silly, Short Ponies - PhycoKrusk



Silly short stories for your entertainment. Not related to anything else I have written. Also not a floatation device.

  • ...
4
 130
 1,934

PreviousChapters Next
Omake Theatre with Velvet Step: The Plan That Had No Business Working But Did, Somehow

The next day at Sunridge Sweets is not when this part of the story takes place, but rest assured that when professional dancer and professional earth pony Velvet Step met her friend there for cocoa and cake, it left the proprietors — who also happened to be her parents — confused as to the exact nature of their relationship, possessed of several questions about their daughter, and possessed of even more questions about her apparent date.

Most critically, however, nothing caught fire or exploded, so it was still mostly an overall success. Probably, at least; we’ll never really know.

Rather than Sunridge Sweets, the next part of the story begins with the dainty and graceful Velvet Step standing at a counter and waiting in a shop that she really and truly had no business being in. Fortunately, nopony seemed to notice.

“I’m so sorry about the mix-up again,” said the shop owner — also a professional earth pony — from the other side of the counter as he earnestly kept his eyes on a bath of very, very hot oil.

“Nonsense! It happens more often than you think,” replied Velvet Step with a cheery smile, purposefully trying to prevent the issue from being pressed further. It was miracle enough that she, a professional dancer, was receiving no odd looks despite being in the midst of a shop that specialized in the production and sale of deep fat fried potatoes and dipping sauces composed primarily of mayonnaise. Being a professional earth pony was itself less helpful to blending in than most would believe, but that’s not important (though it is mildly interesting).

“Still, thanks for not holding it against us,” the shop’s owner said, dumping a basket of hot fries into a large bowl and giving them a good toss with lemon pepper and a large spoonful of minced garlic. He stopped to regard her again. “You know, I can’t help but feel I know you from somewhere. You seem very familiar.”

“I get that,” Velvet replied. “Just have one of those faces, I guess.”

“Yeah, must be,” said the frypony as he transferred Velvet’s purchase from the bowl to a box and dropped it onto the counter. “Here you are, Mister Eagle Eye. We hope to see you again!”

With a nod, Velvet slid the box into her bags, turned and walked out the door. She only made it a few steps before she stopped, a wry smile across across her face, perfectly plain for her companion to see.

“So, did it work?” asked Socket Wrench, the nice if exceedingly-suspicious repairpony she had once mistaken for a changeling. He may have also been a professional earth pony, but this was unlikely as he had a suspiciously curved horn and was most probably a professional unicorn.

“Like a Section Sergeant!” Velvet replied with a happy giggle. “I don’t know how, but I don’t think I care, either! He bought the whole story, hook, line and sinker!”

Socket barked once with laughter. “I don’t want to say ‘I told you so’, but I told you so.”

Velvet rolled her eyes. “Yes, you did, and you were right,” she said, one hoof stroking her artificial facial hair.

“Just gotta flash the ’stache.”

Author's Note:

Remember these two? Welcome to my master plan to prevent Crystal Wishes from ever getting any work done again. It is slightly more evil than my previous master plan of preventing her from getting any work done for a few minutes, and it is way more evil than my previous-previous master plan: "tree house".

Pretty soon, I'll be evil enough to challenge the Superfriends! Or at least evil enough to be almost, nearly a slight inconvenience for them.

PreviousChapters Next