• Published 18th Nov 2011
  • 3,583 Views, 54 Comments

Mega Mare - CluelessDetective



A pony version of Mega Man goes to fight Dr. Discord and his six robot mare masters.

  • ...
3
 54
 3,583

Generosity Mare

A red portal opened followed by streamers as Mega Mare trotted out and looked at her next stop. The place was a carousel, surrounded by trees and shrubbery. When she approached the door she tried to open it. Locked. She tried Apple Bucking it, but to no avail it didn't work. She was contemplating on using The Stare, but it'll probably just make her look silly.

She was about to turn around and find some over way in when she felt a vibration in one of her hooves. She opened it and pulled out the source of the vibration: Laughter Mare's necklace. She quickly put it on and once again she heard a voice.

"Hiya!" the voice said happily, almost scaring Mega Mare.

"Let me guess: Generosity Mare locked the entrance to her lair?"

Mega Mare nodded.

"That Generosity!" yelled Laughter's voice, "Making sure nopony can come in and kill her! What nerve!"

Mega Mare just looked at the door.

"Oh yeah! If you want to use the Party Cannon, you're gonna have to listen to me. Are you ready?" the voice asked.

Mega Mare nodded.

"Okay, first you take out the cannon." The voice instructed.

Mega Mare tried to look for the cannon, but she couldn't find it. That is until she check her hoof and found a toy cannon. Once she placed it on the ground it grew into the Party Cannon. She looked at it with amazement. How could it do that? Was the most prominent question on her mind now, but decided it would be better if she just ignored it.

"Now light the fuse!" the voice yelled.

Mega Mare tried to find something to light until she looked at her mega buster and fired a round at the cannon. The fuse was lit and it made it's way into the cannon. With a deafening boom, the cannon shot a cannon ball as it proceeded to explode into confetti, blasting the door off it's hinges.

"That concludes the tutorial of the Party Cannon and I hope you enjoy your fight with Generosity Mare!" the voice exclaimed, shutting off as Mega Mare walked into the carousel.


The inside of the carousel was breath taking. The walls were plush with brilliant colors while the room was surrounded by mannequins, each one being garbed in some of the most stunning dresses adorned with gems both big and small. Once she walked in the center of the room the mannequins started to move!

Quickly, she raised her hoof and fired a few rounds, obliterating a few of the mannequins, but some of them kept marching forward. She put on the apple necklace and bucked one of the monstrosities, which in turn knocked into another and another. She fired one last time, turning the last mannequin into ash.

She smiled as she made her way to a flight of stairs, but stopped once she heard a song. One that she had heard before. And in a blink of an eye it was there. Another filly robot. Instead of an Earth Pony with yellow coat and red mane, this robot was a Unicorn and had a white coat and a mane of different colors like pink and light purple.

The filly took a step closer and raised it's buster, and took aim.


The filly fired, but Mega Mare dived down just in time as the shot impacted against a wall and sent plaster flying. She quickly rose to her hooves and fired a round at the filly, but it's horn shined a great light as a shield appeared around it, absorbing the blast. The filly raised it's hoof again and unleashed a fury of blast as each one impacted against her. She screamed in agony as she put on Kindness Mare's necklace and stared at the filly, tears in her eyes as she did so from pain.

The shield around the filly soon dissipated as it looked to the ground ashamed. Mega Mare took this opportunity and shot a burst of three shots from her buster, each one impacting on the metal of the filly. It seemed to barely hurt the filly as it raised it's buster once more, ready to fight. They soon started to fire and return fire on one another until the filly lowered her buster and rushed towards Mega Mare with her head tilted down, horn ready to impale her.

Mega Mare quickly ran to the side, the horn stabbing the wall. The filly desperately tried to get it's horn out, but to no avail the horn wouldn't budge. She took this time to shoot the filly, the horn chipping off as a wisp of smoke surrounded Mega Mare. Once the smoke disappeared, so was the filly with only a large yellow orb remaining. She touched it with a hoof, feeling it's healing magic as the gashes from her fight disappeared.

She let out a sigh of relief as she trotted up the stairs and opened the door.


The door led to a hallway which intersected into different doors. Generosity Mare must be in here somewhere. Mega Mare thought as she trotted along the red velvet carpets in the hallway, stopping at the first door.

She proceeded to open the door and entered. At first glance it looked like nothing, but once she got closer the door shut and she was surrounded by mannequins! Each one's dress was of a different gem: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, and Topaz. She raised her buster to shoot, but the ruby one knocked her to the ground with a hoof, while the other three started to hold her down. When the ruby one brought her hooves down, her eyes met the eyes of a starer. It was immediately frozen and the other three ran to it's aide, trying to help it. She was able to get to her hooves and fire four shots on her attackers, turning them into nothing, only their gems remaining.

When she reached the exit of the room the gems behind her began to shake and made their way to her. With lightning fast reflexes, she was able to avoid the gems as they embedded themselves into the wall. She then totted out of the room and made her way to checking the others.


After what seemed to be hours she checked every room, each one filled with hazards, that is until she reached the end of the hallway with two doors.

Left or right? She asked herself before some sort of outside force threw her into the left one. The room was a small and circular. It had a red mat in the middle and a cage. When the cage shook it scared her so much that she hid behind the door. The cage swung open as a cat strutted out.

Mega Mare cocked an eyebrow at it. Then she broke out into laughter, but immediately stopped when she saw it's claws retract out of it's paws and launched on her face. It started to attack with fury as it's claws made the cuts on her face deeper and deeper. She was able to shake it off and fire a blast at the damn thing, but it unfortunately survived. The cat tried to make another strike, but it was put down by her hoof as she shot one last blast at it, effectively destroying it.

She smiled with content as she walked out the room and opened the door to the right.


The room was the most beautiful thing she had ever laid eyes on. The whole room was decorated with the most amazing of gems and to top it all off, the rooms color was simply divine with ivory and purple coming together as one perfect wallpaper. She walked further into the room but stopped in her tracks when she saw the pony in the middle.

If the room was beautiful then the pony in front of her was one of the most amazing things she'll ever see in her life time. Just like the walls, the pony had the brilliant combination of white and purple. White for the coat while purple for the mane. Her eyes were an amazing blue, one that only helped her beauty rather then render it.

The pony turned her head and stared at Mega Mare before saying "Hello there darling! What can I do for you?"

Mega Mare's face turned a deep red as she turned her head around, and stared at the ground, slightly of embarrassment because of her wounds and slightly because of envy. Maybe even... Love? She shook her head vigorously. No that can't be it.

"Well, it seems like you'll need some help with your whole body!" the pony exclaimed, rushing up to her and enveloping her in a aura of blue as she felt her wounds heal.

"There! Now you look less.." the pony looked for the words and said "Uncouth."

The pony patted her on the head and said "I'm Generosity Mare. Who are you?"

Mega Mare opened her mouth to speak, but Generosity silenced her with a hoof wave "Oh never mind. I'm sure you're the one that's supposed to free me from Dr. Discords hold. Are you?"

She nodded her head.

Generosity laughed, "Marvelous! Now let's get started shall we?" she asked raising her hoof revealing a buster.

She nodded, raising her own hoof in response for the battle to commence.


Mega Mare fired first, but Generosity ducked, allowing the shot to be absorbed by the gem encrusted walls. Generosity stood up and channeled her magic in her horn as gems started to be plucked off the walls. Soon the gems joined Generosity as a sphere formed around her.

Mega Mare fired a shot, the shot being engulfed by the shield. She tried Apple Bucking it but it only hurt her. She suddenly remembered what Laughter Mare gave her and put on her necklace. She removed the Party Cannon and lit the fuse.

Once the cannonball hit, the confetti hit the shield and it shattered, gems going everywhere. Generosity levitated up some of the gems and started to use them as projectiles, two of them digging themselves inside of Mega Mare's shoulders. She screamed in pain as she fell to the ground.

Generosity raised her buster and said, "Well, think of it this way: I'm generously killing you instead of letting you live in pain."

Mega Mare shot her buster one last time, the blast hitting the cannon and causing it to shoot a cannonball towards Generosity, the ball hitting her mane and sending her towards a wall, one of the diamonds impaling her on impact.

Generosity screamed, "My mane looks terrible! This is the worst. Possible. Thing!"

Mega Mare rushed to her and quickly brushed the confetti out of her hair.

"Thank you so much!" yelled Generosity as she pulled out a necklace and placed it on Mega Mare's hoof.

"That my dear contains 'Gem Barricade,'" explained Generosity "It will allow to form a shield out of gems and then use them as weapons when you see fit."

A purple portal appeared next to Mega Mare, "This shall lead you to Loyalty Mare," said Generosity "She may not be the most civilized, but she does know how to fight!"

"Ta-ta! Remember to rescue my other friends!" yelled Generosity Mare as Mega Mare stepped into the portal.
...

"WAIT!" she screamed, causing Mega Mare to appear out of the portal and run towards her.

"You'll need these if you would want to stand a chance against Loyalty," she said as she enveloped Mega Mare in a blue light once again, this time causing wings to grow on her back!

"This will enable you to walk on the clouds and fly since Loyalty prefers her fights in the skies." Explained Generosity.

"But be careful with it," she warned, "If you get to close to the sun with these they'll burn up and you'll fall towards the ground."

"Go and rescue Loyalty from Dr. Discord's clutches!" yelled Generosity as she shut down.

Mega Mare nodded and made her way to the portal and stepped in, ready to brace the skies.


Comments ( 16 )

You guys are lucky with two chapters in the same week!
Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter.

Great update and nice usage of Opal and Sweetie Belle in this chapter. :raritywink:

I love Rarity's power up in this chapter and the usage of the infamous Party Cannon in this chapter.

Now I have a few questions for the next chapter...

1. Will Tank the tortoise be involved in the next fight ?

2. How will you do Scootaloo's involvement in the fight with Rainbow Dash, given that Scootaloo can't fly ? :rainbowhuh:

3. In the upcoming Fight with Twilight Sparkle, will Spike and Owlicious be used in the fight ? :moustache:

Nice update overall as I cannot wait for the epic fight with the Loyalty Mare. :rainbowdetermined2:

695659
1. I'll try to, because we need more Tank.
2. I can find a way, trust me.
3. Spike will most likely be used as a Metool, while Owilicious will be a mini boss (I hope)
Hope that answers your questions. :twilightsmile:

hmm, party cannon sounds like it would be an awesome weapon. and the stare seems to work like a time stop power.
cant wait to see how mega uses the gem shield.

720203 You've got the job! Fun fact: I submitted it to EQD and it got shot down.

How could it do that?
The cat tried to make another strike put was put down by her hoof as she shot one last blast at it, effectively destroying it.

1. Forgot to italicise this sentence.
2. But.

725836 After all of those derpy mistakes, what did you think of the story itself?

726068 I think... honestly... I do not really know. The characters fit in, yes they do. The flow of the story... is alright but i'm not too sure...

Overall;:applejackconfused:

Will there be more of this?

966295 Yes, but I just need to finish a bunch of stuff that I have planned like a new chapter for one of my stories and a one-shot I'm writing.

I clicked this because I saw the image of Discord in a lab coat and a gigantic mustache. please do not disappoint.

This looks awesome.Can't wait to read it!:rainbowkiss:

3115775 Yeah all chapters are relatively short.

Well, this is has been pretty awesome so far. Looking forward to the last couple of chapters! :pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment