• Published 18th Nov 2011
  • 3,583 Views, 54 Comments

Mega Mare - CluelessDetective



A pony version of Mega Man goes to fight Dr. Discord and his six robot mare masters.

  • ...
3
 54
 3,583

Kindness Mare

A blue vortex appeared followed by a screech in a clearing in the once thick, but now quite dense Everfree Forest. Mega Mare trotted out of the said vortex and looked about before continuing on her perilous journey to rescue another robot mare from Dr. Discord's tyranny.


The Everfree forest was much like Sweet Apple Acres except that it only had metallic trees, each one being the purest silver. After looking around Mega Mare noticed that she was boxed in by these silver trees and tried to find a way out. She saw a strange light that bathed a group of trees.

That must lead the way to the next mare. She thought as she raised her blaster and fired. The trees just seemed to absorb the blow as she stood there stunned.

Much stronger than the ones at Sweet Apple Acres. She concluded as she thought on how to bring these trees down. She remembered getting that necklace from Honesty Mare and put it on. A strange feeling surged through her as her hooves began to get buffer. After the feeling disappeared a voiced filled Mega Mare's head as it spoke with the same voice as Honesty Mare. "Hello there! If you're hearing this than that means that you have defeated me and I gave you my power. Right now I'm going to teach you how to use it. Your hooves are probably extremely buffer than they were before. Did that happen to you yet?" Mega Mare nodded.

"Good!" the voice of Honesty Mare replied before continuing. "We're halfway done. Now I'm gonna teach you how to buck. First turn around so your hind legs are facing your target." Mega Mare did as she was told, making sure her hind legs were facing the metallic trees.

"Now raise your hind legs." Mega Mare listened and raised her hind legs.

"Now kick with them!" Honesty Mare's voice commanded and Mega Mare did a swift kick. It caused a shockwave to appear around her as the tremendous strength of her hooves tore the trees ruffly in half, sending the other half of the trees to fly forward into the light.

"There you go! I hope you learned how to buck with this tutorial." With that the voice clicked out of Mega Mare's head as she trotted into the light and further into the Everfree forest.


Mega Mare reached a clearing, again much similar to the Sweet Apple Acres clearing. She heard a blood curdling screech followed by rustling of the trees from one of the sides in the clearing. The side was torn open as a monster of metal appeared. It was yellow with a blood red mane and a tail looking like a scorpions. It charged after her as she lifted her mega buster seeing if she could shoot it. It took some damage as it hit her with it's tail. She felt a searing pain as she backflipped away from the monster and turned around and raised her hind legs. It charged her again, but this time she struck first with the buck and sent the monster flying into a group of trees. She then fired her buster causing the monster to combust from heavy damage. She smiled and trotted out of the clearing hoping to reach the next mare in time.


The Everfree Forest was filled with all sorts of danger. The type of robots that tried to kill her ranged from annoying bats that could easily be dispatched and more of those yellow-red creatures she encountered before. She was badly injured, but those creatures always left some of those yellow spheres that helped heal her completely. When she reached the exit of the forest she was ambushed by ten metallic bats. She drew out her mega buster and fired causing four of the bats to explode into oblivion. The bats then dived towards her causing another four to meet their demise by her buster. The other two tried to fly away but were easily finished off like they were nothing. She smiled and then continued on towards the exit.


Mega Mare stopped dead in her tracks when she got out of that hell of a forest. She found herself staring at a cottage. It was surrounded by ponds and trees. The door to the cottage opened as a white speck came out of it. She adjusted her eyes. No, that wasn't a speck it was a bunny! And it was running towards her! She raised her mega buster hoof and fired missing completely. The bunny then proceeded to bare it's teeth showing fangs that could tear through a battleship like it was nothing. She gulped and readied Honesty Mares power to buck it. When she tried it didn't let her. The same voice that told her how to buck said "Energy low. Can't use apple buck."

You've got to be kidding me! She screamed in her head and readied her buster and bean charging. If she stored enough energy she could fire a ultra charge obliterating the bunny in one shot, but she had to be ready when it attacked her. A voice started to talk to her "Ultra charge 20% ready." She needed to hold her ground until it reached 100%. The bunny then bit down on her side making her wince in pain.

"50%." The voice rang. She just needed to hold out for a minute. The bunny than walked backwards towards the cottage and began to sprint, showing it's deadly fangs once more.

"100%." The voice yelled. She then fired a green wave of energy towards the bunny. The blast was to big for it to avoid so it burned up in the blast and then exploded. When the blast ended a blue can was left having a familiar letter on it. A P-Tank! She galloped towards it and proceeded to drink it. All of her wounds began to slowly heal and she also began to feel the strength coming back to her allowing her to use Honesty Mare's power once more. She then trotted into the cottage ready to fight the mare inside.


The interior of the cottage looked like what most ponies expected it to. Wood floor, nice looking furniture, and quite a few bird cages. When she stepped in the door behind her shut with a bang. It was locked meaning the mare is indeed in this cottage. She then perked up her ears hearing slow metallic hoofsteps. When the hoofsteps stopped she found herself staring at the mare in question.

The mare had a butterscotch, and metallic body with long, pink mane. She spoke in a quiet voice saying "I'm sorry if I'm bugging you, but are you the mare that's here to steal my power?"

Mega Mare nodded. The mare's eyes lit up as she said "So are you ready to try to fight me? My name is Kindness Mare by the way." Mega Mare nodded once more getting in a fighting position.

Kindness Mare raised her buster, but was beaten to the draw by Mega Mare as the blast scorched one of her wings. Kindness Mare tried to shoot Mega Mare, but she was to quick for her. Kindness Mare yelled "That's enough!" and opened her eyes to their fullest extent. Mega Mare turned around as she met Kindness Mare's eyes. She tried to raise her buster, but she found out she couldn't. Kindness Mare advanced forward towards Mega Mare, still having her teal eyes glued to her. Kindness Mare then fired a blast that hit the Blue Nigher into one of the walls and outside of the cottage.

Mega Mare shook her head. After that blast she was outside and Kindness Mare was advancing. She fired another blast hitting one of the mare's wings once more. She flinched, but regained her composer and opened her soul piercing eyes. They were too much for her as she stood frozen once more, and once again ready to be blasted into oblivion.

Wait a minute.... She thought. Maybe I can summon Honesty Mare's powers to help me with this fight! Thank's to the P-Tank she was able to use Honesty Mare powers to buff herself up. This strength was enough for her to move one centimeter while under Kindness Mare's stare. When Kindness Mare got close enough she kicked a little pebble as it collided with Kindness's hoof. She screamed and shut her eyes and ran towards her cottage. The power under her by that stare was gone. Perfect. She raised her buster and fired three bursts, each one colliding with Kindness Mare. Kindness Mare flinched once more as Mega Mare rushed up to her, turned around, raised her hind-hoofs, and used one last buck.

The concision of the buck sent Kindness Mare flying as she rammed into a wall and fell onto the cold, unforgiving floor. Mega Mare trotted up to her and laid down next to her. Kindness Mare smiled as a necklace showing a beautiful, pink and blue butterfly landed next to her.

"Take this." She stated. "It will allow you to use 'The Stare'. Please save all my other friends."

Mega Mare nodded as she picked up the necklace and put it on. After that Kindness Mare gave out one last sun warming smile and faded out of existence. Another portal opened showing the way to the next mare. Mega Mare walked into the portal as it took her to her next challenge.