• Published 26th Apr 2014
  • 3,658 Views, 83 Comments

Twilight and Blue Sword - Rakoon1



What happen when a mare fall in love with her big brother's best friend? Does it brings problems for a fraternal relationship? That's what happens with Twilight. Will she be able to overcome all this problems and get the love?

  • ...
15
 83
 3,658

Separated... But Not Forever

The morning after the wedding day dawned. In the Blue room in the castle of Canterlot, he and Twilight were sleeping in the bed, after having had their wedding night. Twilight sleep embraced to her husband with her head on his chest. Both had a smile on their face, even bigger than the one when they spent their first night together.

The sun rays came into the room and made Blue wake. When he opened his eyes, he looked at Twilight and his smile widened. He was immensely happy to be married to the mare of a life. They were now one and one only. He passed his hoof through her mane and gave her a kiss on her forehead. He just wanted to stay in bed with her.

It was then that somepony started knocking on the bedroom door. What a bummer, Blue thought, wondering who could be interrupting his first morning with his wife. Struggling to not wake up Twilight, Blue stood up and walked to the door, opening it a little. It was one of the guards, who told him, making him a salute:

"Good morning, Captain. I'm terribly sorry for interrupt you and Princess Twilight, but I have an urgent message from Princess Celestia to you, sir."

"A message?" asked Blue, wondering what could be that message. "What message?"

"Princess Celestia needs to see you as soon as possible in the throne room" the guard replied.

"But now?"

"Yes, sir."

Blue sighed. Only something like that to ruin his absolute happiness. But what could be so urgent for the Princess Celestia call him?

"Very well, say to Princess Celestia I'm coming" he told to the guard.

"Very well, sir" the guard said, moving away.

Blue closed the door, taking a deep breath and then went to take a quick shower, arranging his coat and his mane. After leaving the bathroom, now presentable, he approach Twilight and gave her a kiss on the cheek, saying:

"I love you."

And after that, he headed to the door and left. He drove up to the throne room and, upon entering there, found the Princess Celestia and Princess Luna waiting for him.

"You wanted to see me, Princess Celestia?" Blue asked, approaching and making a bow.

"Blue, you don't have to bow" Celestia said. "Now, you're a prince."

"I'm sorry, princess, but my code as Captain contradicts my new status" Blue replied. "I will take some time to get used to it. What do you want to talk with me."

"It turns out that my sister and I discovered something truly important" Luna said. "Something with gigantic proportions."

By the way Luna spoke, it seemed to be something quite important.

"But what I have to do with that?" Blue asked.

"We need to ask you a favor" Celestia said. "I know that's asking a lot, especially now that you just got married. But, as Shining Armor returned to the Crystal Empire with Princess Cadance, and taking into account the importance of this, we have our only choice."

There was a pause and then Celestia said:

"We have a mission for you."

Twilight started to wake up and opened her eyes, expecting to find Blue at her side. However, she found herself alone in the bed. But where would have Blue gone?"

It was then that the bedroom door opened and Blue came in, closing it as soon as he entered.

"But where did you go?" Twilight asked, sitting on the bed. "I woke up and you weren't here."

But Blue didn't answer her, sitting just on the side of the bed. Twilight, realizing something was wrong, advanced in bed to Blue and put her forelegs around his neck, kissed his cheek and then asked:

"Come on, tell me, what's wrong?"

"I haven't very cheerful news, Twilight" Blue replied.

Upon hearing that, Twilight moved to stand beside her husband and asked, somewhat seriously:

"What news?"

"I have a mission, Twilight."

"A mission?" Twilight asked, seriously. "But what mission?"

"Princess Celestia and Princess Luna asked me to maintain confidentiality about this" Blue answered. "I can't tell you."

"But I thought there were no secrets between us, Blue" Twilight protested.

"And there were no secrets” Blue replied. “Why do you think I'm telling you about this. I can't lie to you. But I can assure you that it's pretty important."

"And can't another guard go in your place?"

"Well, Shining could, but he returned to the Crystal Empire and this mission is urgent."

Despite not liking the idea of being away from Blue, shortly after getting married, Twilight understood his duty as Captain of the Royal Guard.

"And when are you leaving?" Twilight asked.

"Tonight" Blue said.

"What?!" Twilight asked. "But today is our first day as a married couple!"

"I know, my dear, but it will be for a short time" Blue reassured. "It's just a reconnaissance mission. I’ll be back before you know it, and as soon as we can, we will go to our honeymoon."

Listening Blue saying those words, Twilight’s frustration calmed down, she smiled and said:

"I will wait for you, but I hope it doesn't take too long."

"It won't be long, I promise" Blue said.

And then the two hugged and nuzzled each other.

They spent together that day, until, when the day began to finish, they had to say goodbye to each other. At the station, the train was ready to go and Blue, with his saddlebags put, embraced Twilight and when they finish the embrace, Blue said:

"I will try to dispatch this mission as fast as I can. It won’t take long until we see each other.”

"I hope so" Twilight said. "I'll miss you."

There was a whistle coming from the train and they saw it was time. They exchanged a kiss and then Blue said:

"Goodbye, my love"

"Goodbye" Twilight said.

Blue headed to the train and, before entering, he looked at Twilight who was smiling and waving and he returned the smile and the wave. He get in the train and, shortly after, it began pulling out, starting to move away.

Seeing the train moving away, Twilight couldn't resist drop a tear. She knew it would be for a short time, but it cost her be separated from Blue, just when they get married. But she recomposed herself, knowing that she would have to face all the time that she would be away from Blue with all the courage and she knew the desire of seeing her great love would give her encouragement for that.

The End

Author's Note:

And so ends another one of my stories. I hope you enjoyed. The sequel will take a while to come out, but you'll see that the wait will be compensated. See ya in the next story!

Comments ( 10 )

Off to the next story. Great job with this one. Good luck.

hmmm.... this is good, but that does not appeal to me, moreover, have already a favorite ship :twilightoops: ... with twilight :ajbemused: ... but it is a good story :twilightsmile:

Ridiculous. Why would Celestia send off a newly wed pony on a mission?

It makes absolutely no sense. If it was important, then Celestia must have been aware of it prior to wedding. She would have planned around having to dislodge somepony from their honeymoon. If it was urgent, then Celestia would have more then enough more suitable ponies to send. If it was both, she would`ve sent them both.

5191448 You know, if you don't know who Cherry Blossom is, you should read my story "Bloom's New Life" and "Apple Wedding".

5198106 Just to make it clear, the Lord of Chaos is my main antagonist. He is the creator of all evil. He has a brother who is his oposite. He is called Lord of Order. You can know all about them in my stories "Bloom's New Life" and "Apple Wedding", their debut. You can also see how Fire Punch became Dark Hole if you read "Fire Punch's Reborn". If you don't read my other stories, you maybe can't understand some of my references. Excepting for my short mature stories, every story is connected.

5200305 If you want to know who the Lord of Order and the Lord of Chaos are, you just had to read my other stories.

Alright. Last chapter. Let's see how all this closes up.

So we're at the next morning with Twilight and Blue Sword in bed. Yeah, doesn't take a genius to figure out what happened last night.... :facehoof: Curse the dirty mind this fandom has given me.......

The sun rays came into the room and made Blue wake. When he opened his eyes, he looked at Twilight and his smile widened. He was immensely happy to be married to the mare of his life. They were now one and one only. He passed his hoof through her mane and gave her a kiss on her forehead. He just wanted to stay in bed with her.
It was then that somepony started knocking on the bedroom door. What a bummer, Blue thought, wondering who could be interrupting his first morning with his wife. Struggling to not wake up Twilight, Blue stood up and walked to the door, opening it a little. It was one of the guards, who told him, making him a salute:
"Good morning, Captain. I'm terribly sorry for interrupt you and Princess Twilight, but I have an urgent message from Princess Celestia to you, sir."

:ajbemused: You can't give them one day, huh, Celestia? You can't give them one day after being married? They just went through stopping a second Changeling invasion, and you've not giving them a break? Not even let them go on their honeymoon before you start splitting them up? :trollestia:

"Princess Celestia needs to see you as soon as possible in the throne room" the guard replied.
"But now?"
"Yes, sir."
Blue sighed. Only something like that to ruin his absolute happiness. But what could be so urgent for the Princess Celestia to call him?

Well, it sure as Tartarus had better be important!

So Blue agrees, and we skip ahead to the throne room with the Princesses.

"You wanted to see me, Princess Celestia?" Blue asked, approaching and making a bow.
"Blue, you don't have to bow" Celestia said. "Now, you're a prince."
"I'm sorry, princess, but my code as Captain contradicts my new status" Blue replied.

Yeah, I can only imagine how annoying that must have been for Shining Armor.

"It turns out that my sister and I discovered something truly important" Luna said. "Something with gigantic proportions."
By the way Luna spoke, it seemed to be something quite important.
"But what I have to do with that?" Blue asked.
"We need to ask you a favor" Celestia said. "I know that's asking a lot, especially now that you just got married. But, as Shining Armor returned to the Crystal Empire with Princess Cadance, and taking into account the importance of this, we have our only choice."
There was a pause and then Celestia said:
"We have a mission for you."

Uh, what about Twilight and her friends? Can't they help too? Or have you forgotten that they're the ones who freed your sister and stopped and reformed Discord? I think they're qualified for this. (I didn't count the first Changeling invasion and King Sombra; those were both technically Cadence.)

Anyway, we change scenes back to Twilight waking up to Blue not being present.

It was then that the bedroom door opened and Blue came in, closing it as soon as he entered.
"But where did you go?" Twilight asked, sitting on the bed. "I woke up and you weren't here."
But Blue didn't answer her, sitting just on the side of the bed. Twilight, realizing something was wrong, advanced in bed to Blue and put her forelegs around his neck, kissed his cheek and then asked:
"Come on, tell me, what's wrong?"
"I haven't very cheerful news, Twilight" Blue replied.
Upon hearing that, Twilight moved to stand beside her husband and asked, somewhat seriously:
"What news?"
"I have a mission, Twilight."
"A mission?" Twilight asked, seriously. "But what mission?"
"Princess Celestia and Princess Luna asked me to maintain confidentiality about this" Blue answered. "I can't tell you."

:ajbemused: Y'know, I really love how you're making Celestia look in this chapter. Seriously, Celestia wouldn't keep secrets from Twilight when they're pressing issues. If Twilight asks, Celestia tells her. And if its something Twilight needs to know, Celestia tells her without her asking. The only exceptions are if she's trying to teach her a lesson about friendship, and I highly doubt that could be the case in this instance.

.....Well, Blue still is Captain of the Royal Guard, so he has a duty to his country. I just hope Celestia isn't making him leave too soon.

"And when are you leaving?" Twilight asked.
"Tonight" Blue said.

:rainbowderp: ...........Tonight?.......Are you f:yay:king serious right now? She's sending him off on a mission, the day after he was married, without even giving them time for at least their honeymoon?............ Alright, calming down. Knowing Celestia, it must be something urgent.

"It's just a reconnaissance mission. I’ll be back before you know it, and as soon as we can, we will go to our honeymoon."

:ajbemused: Recon? That's it? ..............There's something he's not telling her. I can feel it.

So they spend the rest of the day together, before Blue has to pack up that evening.

At the station, the train was ready to go and Blue, with his saddlebags packed, embraced Twilight and when they finish the embrace, Blue said:
"I will try to dispatch this mission as fast as I can. It won’t take long until we see each other.”
"I hope so" Twilight said. "I'll miss you."
There was a whistle coming from the train and they saw it was time. They exchanged a kiss and then Blue said:
"Goodbye, my love"
"Goodbye" Twilight said.

Okay, in all fairness, in this particular occasion, I don't really mind the "my love" thing.

So Blue leaves in the train, and we end with a closing shot of Twilight shedding a single tear.

(Final review coming up next)

And that's "Twilight and Blue Sword."

The premise is very simple: a love story with drama and a villain. There were some interesting takes on the scenarios involved in such a story, but the overall plot was easy to predict, with the exception of the Changelings.

Toward the end, it seemed a lot like a copy-paste from "A Canterlot Wedding." Shining Armor said it himself in chapter 19:

"Look, all this posing as the groom or the bride thing is already too old" Shining said.

Though I have to give you credit for acknowledging the cliches, it's still the usage of the cliche that brings this category down a little

There were several plot points that needed to be explained more, but I believe they will be explained in your other stories. It definitely would have helped if I had read the stories in their chronological order. Until then, I'm just going to think of the Lords of Order and Chaos as Zeus and Hades until I find out for sure.

Once again, the grammar is the primary issue. I would recommend an editor again, but you've already got six stories on here and, from previous comments, I can tell that you're trying to improve your grammar on your own through trial and error. That's something I respect in a writer.

The story is tagged "Slice of Life", so I'll be judging the moral of the story. And.....well, it was difficult for me to decipher a message from this story.
"Love conquers all"? Done to death.
"Revenge never pays off"? Not well emphasized.
"Friends can come from anywhere"? Not so much.
There isn't exactly a coherent moral to be found here that makes sense with the context of the story, And since this is tagged "Slice of Life", that's going to be a major score cut.

I have to admit, I was wondering where Fire Punch had run off to after getting kicked out. I knew he was mad, but to become a Changeling...sheesh, that's one big ego he's trying to mend.

And once again, we end with Blue Sword taking off with next to no explanation as to what he's doing or where he's going.

Despite all this......I liked the story.

While the plot was predictable, it was interesting nonetheless. The characters were portrayed believably, for the most part. The humor was done well (I'm going to have to add that as a fifth category for this story), and I give bonus points for leaving off with a hint of a sequel. All in all, I really see this series improving, albeit slowly.

Sunlight Blaze's Final Review:
Story: B- (8.2)
Writing: D- (6.0)
Humor: B+ (8.8)
Moral: F (4.0)
Ending: B (8.3)

Overall: C (7.06) :pinkiesmile:

I'm Sunlight Blaze, and now for that issue with Tartarus. I should probably give a disclaimer about where it came from. Tartarus originated in Greek mythology as the prison in which Zeus imprisoned the Titans, a place deeper beneath the earth than Hades and the Underworld. In My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, it is used in a similar manner as, pretty much, the Equestrian equivalent of Hell. (see the Season 4 Finale). There are so many references to Greek Mythology in the show it's ridiculous.

So, you see why I got so worked up before? Being sent to Hell is kind of overkill for just the changelings following orders. So far, only Lord Tirek has ever been sent there....at least, as far as we know up to this point.

....Wow...I was able to get that explanation off without exploding. I'm shocked!

Anywho, with that issue resolved, I'm going to be reviewing every single story in this series, and I'll try to keep them in chronological order. So that means I'm going to have to take care of the Cherry Blossom, Big Mac, and Fire Punch stories first. Well, see you there! *teleports*

The last few chapters reminded me a lot like Cadence and Shining's wedding. Overall I thought it well written, quite funny when intended. But what really put a smile on my face was when Cadence was talking to her foal. I would've liked a little more detail into the birth of Gleaming Shield, but never-the-less a great story! :twilightsmile:

Incredible story, one of my fav fics in fimfiction.net but I've got one tiny little suggestion. You should've added more things from Blue's point of view. Like you should've done every chapter twice only with one of them with Twilight's POV and another from Blue's. Also, you could've written about some one-on-one time with Twilight and Gleaming and should've gone into a little more detail about the latter's birth.

Login or register to comment