• Published 26th Apr 2014
  • 3,657 Views, 83 Comments

Twilight and Blue Sword - Rakoon1



What happen when a mare fall in love with her big brother's best friend? Does it brings problems for a fraternal relationship? That's what happens with Twilight. Will she be able to overcome all this problems and get the love?

  • ...
15
 83
 3,657

Preparing to the Wedding

The news about Twilight and Blue’s wedding had spread throughout all Equestria in an immense speed. It was not long until all the ponies know about it. When Twilight came to Ponyville and told her friends the news, they became elated and thrilled by Twilight. Also it didn’t take long until Twilight started receiving letters from family members, like her parents, her uncle and her grandmother, congratulating her. Of course, she also received letters from Princess Celestia and Princess Luna who likely received the news from Blue. They even offered their castle to be the place of the wedding, just like Shining and Cadance’s.

So Twilight and Blue began to prepare everything for their wedding. Twilight, thanks to her immense organizational skills, began to prepare everything for what would be the happiest day of her life, starting with distribute the most diverse tasks to their friends, who would also be her bridesmaids. As was obvious, Applejack would provide the catering, with the help of the Cakes when it came the desserts, Fluttershy would provide the music with her birds, Rarity would prepare her wedding dress and the best manestyle for Twilight, Pinkie Pie would organize the reception and Rainbow Dash would make a sonic rainboom. The latter had even said he could do a double rainboom if she had "a little help". Twilight had realized that she was referring to that potion she created to enhance the talents and Rainbow Dash eventually drank, managing to increase her flight speed and make a double rainboom, ending to cause a lot of damage to Ponyville and also ending to travel between dimensions. Of course Twilight refused.

Blue, with the help of Shining and the Crystal Empire Royal Guard, addressed the security. It was very important to ensure that the marriage didn’t end up like Shining and Cadance’s. Security measures such as lifting Shining’s protective barrier in the the wedding date’s imminence, and the use of the revealing spell in the Canterlot’s entry and all the castle’s entries in order to prevent Changelings infiltrations.

With the approach of the beginning of the summer, a great event pre-dated the Twilight and Blue’s wedding: the birth of Shining and Cadance’s foal. To the disappointment of Shining, the foal was a filly, an alicorn filly. She was very beautiful with a white fur like her father, a mane that contained some of the colors of Cadance’s (moderate rose and pale gold) and some of the Shining’s (moderate sapphire blue and dark phthalo blue) and her eyes were exactly like Cadance’s. They gave her the name of Gleaming Shield, Cadance decided the first name and Shining decided the second. Although the two parents were very happy with the arrival of their daughter, Twilight was quite glad to be an aunt.

When it just left three days to the wedding, Twilight and her friends were already preparing to take the train to Canterlot. The only one who hadn’t finished her things was Twilight. Her friends, including Cherry Blossom, whose pregnancy was now beginning to be noted, were waiting for her.

"Come on, Twilight, if you don’t hurry, we’ll miss the train" Rarity said to Twilight, who was still in her room to finish packing her things.

"I'm coming" she said upstairs.

"But who would say?" Applejack asked. "The punctuality and organization in person bein’ late fer somethin’. But who knew?"

"Yeah, she seems not herself" Rainbow Dash said.

"Wait, Twilight is not Twilight?" Pinkie Pie asked, giving then a big gasp. "Maybe she's a Changeling. Maybe she always was a Changeling, so that means we're friends of a Changeling and she has being feeding from our love since she arrived and helped us to defeat Nightmare Moon..."

"Pinkie, calm down" Rarity said. "Twilight is not a Changeling."

"I think she has every right to be like that" Cherry said. "I was also very nervous when it was my wedding."

“Yeah, but believe me, mah brother wuz more nervous than ya, sis” Applejack answered.

Then they heard hooves descending the stairs and Twilight appeared, bringing her saddlebags and carrying Spike in the back.

"I'm ready," she said.

"Finally!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed. "What were you doing in there?"

"Packing my saddlebags with things I might need" Twilight replied.

"You should see her" Spike said. "Twilight didn’t stop to put in and take things out of the saddlebags."

That made Twilight look sharply at him and Spike said nervously:

"I’ll shut up."

"Twilight, don’t worry" Cherry said. "When they’ll get married to, they will know what it feels like."

That made Twilight made a smile and then thanked:

"Thank you, Cherry."

Then someone knocked on the door. Twilight went to there and opened the door. Then a red carpet arose, unfolding to the bottom of the library, along with the sound of flash bulbs. And then someone came in. It was a creature whose body was asymmetrical, composed by parts of multiple animals: the right leg of a lizard, the left leg of a goat, the left arm of a lion, the left claw of an eagle, the right wing of a bat, the left wing of a pegasus, a serpentine body with an equally serpentine tail with a white tuft on the tip, the head of a pony with eyes with disproportionate pupils, a goat beard and a large, protruding upper teeth, with a deer antler on the right and a blue goat horn on the left. It wore a tuxedo and wore a pair of sunglasses and came in parading. He then turned to the flashes, while laughing:

"Oh please, enough. Enough. Then I'll give you an exclusive interview."

He closed the door and snapped his fingers, causing the red carpet and the smoking disappear, saying to the mares and the little dragon, as he took his glasses:

"Well, you don’t know how annoying those paparazzi are. I’m glad you opened the door and let me in… You are seriously very good friends."

"What are you doing here, Discord?" Twilight asked gruffly, while Discord made the sunglasses disappear.

"Well, I’ll come to the wedding of the year, of course" Discord replied. "As a great friend of the bride, of course I have to go. But I didn’t know when it would be, so I decided to come here to ask you."

“Please, everypony knows when the wedding is” Rainbow Dash said.

“Yes, but I’d been occupied with my work to pay attention to the media” Discord answered. “And then I wouldn’t trust in someone else. Well, I could see the data in my invitation, but…”

"I didn’t send you any invitation" Twilight said.

"Really?" Discord asked.

Then a mailbox appeared in his hand and he opened it, peering inside.

"Oh, yeah, you're right" Discord said. "I believe that my invitation has been lost. We cannot even trust in the mailponies nowadays."

"That's Discord?" Cherry Blossom asked to her sister-in-law.

"Don’t worry, he's retir'd... sort of" Applejack replied.

"No, Discord, I didn’t send you an invitation at all" Twilight said to the draconequus.

But Discord ignored her, turning around and noticing Cherry.

"Well, but what do we have here?" he asked.

He disappeared, appearing again in front of Cherry with fairy wings on his back, saying:

"Wow, the little fairy from another dimension. I heard a lot about you. There was no talk of nothing else when you arrived, when you wanted to go but you ended up staying here and when your psycho boyfriend came to Equestria. I feel almost like I've known you already. Tell me, how is having to use these?"

And he showed her a pony tail and a horn that were hers, having been removed.

"Hey, give me back my tail and my horn!" Cherry Blossom demanded.

"Oh, whatever" Discord replied, doing that and then appearing elsewhere in the library, without the fairy wings. "You have no sense of humor. Anyway, as we are already great friends..."

"We?" Rainbow Dash asked. "Great friends? You must be joking."

"Of course not!" Discord exclaimed, making appear a wallet and making a row of photographs dismounting. "After all the happy moments that we experience, we are breast friends."

Those photographs portrayed essentially when Discord released himself and corrupted Twilight and her friends and when he was freed to be reformed and Fluttershy made a dinner to show her friends how Discord had changed with these photographs showing the "accidents" with the gravy boat, the candles and the soup tureen. Discord collected the photographs and said, dreamily and embracing the wallet:

"Ah, wonderful memories!"

"Yeah, Ah bet they were" Applejack said sarcastically.

"Oh, come on, girls" Fluttershy said to her friends, flying and standing next to Discord. "Discord has shown that is changing. He deserves a chance and go to the wedding."

"Finally somepony who gives me a chance" Discord said, while he put his arm of a lion around Fluttershy’s shoulders and pulled her to his border. "You should learn a lot about friendship from my dear friend Flutterpie here."

"Um, it's Fluttershy" Fluttershy corrected.

"Right, whatever" he said, releasing her then. "The truth is that I love royal weddings. It was quite tedious having to hear Shining Armor and Princess Cadance’s wedding far away inside my prison block. Come on, you would not be able to deny my presence at an event so celebrated and so rare that is the marriage of an alicorn princess, would you?"

And then he made a doggy eyes to Twilight.

Twilight thought about it with great care. She didn’t feel good about having Discord in her wedding, but know that according to her principles, she should give a chance to anypony, even to Discord. She sighed and asked:

"Are you going to behave well?"

"Like an angel" Discord said, joining the paw and the claw and making a halo appear above his head, picking it then, stretching it and starting doing hoola hoop with it.

"So... you can go" Twilight replied. "It's in three days in Canterlot. But if I know about the smallest signal about you being messing up, you will take a permanent vacation to your stone prison."

"Sorry, dear Twilight, but I have prepared my vacation already" Discord replied. "I'll spend a beautiful week in Haywaii, maybe two."

When Discord saw everypony looking at him like he was more full, he said:

"Well, so I'll go. I have yet to schedule pedicure and manicure."

He made a datebook appears, consulting it as he walked to a wall where a door appeared, saying:

"Let’s me see here, I think I'll have to postpone the thing in Hayseed Swamps to the next week."

He opened the door and then said:

"See you at the wedding, girls. Don’t be late. Although the bride always is late. Or is the groom? Oh, what matters, one of them is always late, eventually. Well, bye."

He went through the door, closing it and causing it to disappear.

"What a character!" Cherry Blossom exclaimed.

"You get used to him” Rainbow Dash said to her.

They went to the train station, where the other Twilight’s guests were already, and the train to Canterlot arrived. When they arrived to Canterlot, going through the Shining Armor’s protective shield, the night was already falling, and at the exit of the station, the guards used the revealing spell to confirm if they were changelings or not. While all the guests went to a hotel, Twilight and her friends, except Cherry, who stayed with Big Mac, went to the castle. They entered, after being examined with a revealing spell again. As they walk through the halls, they found Princess Celestia and Princess Luna who greeted them and treated to guide them to their rooms. Twilight, however, decided to stay behind to go see Blue.

She found him giving orders to guards. She advanced to him carefully and, after he has given orders to all the guards, she approached and whispered to Blue:

"Guess who's here."

Blue smiled and replied, turning and pulling Twilight to him:

"My dear future wife."

And then the two kissed. When they parted their lips, Blue asked:

"Are you ready for the big day?"

Twilight sighed and replied:

"I'm a little nervous, but excited at the same time. I'm nervicited, as Pinkie Pie would say."

"Yes, I'm also like that" Blue replied. "I never thought this could happen to me. But still I’m glad it happened."

The two exchanged glances and smiles and then Blue said:

"I think it’s better I go. I have to ensure we have a safe wedding."

"If you see Shining, tell him I say hello" Twilight asked him.

"Don’t worry, I’ll say" Blue promised, after giving a kiss on Twilight’s cheek. "Goodbye."

And having said this, he walked away.

Twilight, after tidying up all her things in her room, she went to Cadance’s room to see her, where she was caring for Gleaming. The baby will have a nanny during the weeding, so Cadance was using the time before the event to be with her and care for her.

The next day was a great would run. Twilight walked from one side to the other to check the preparations, tasting Applejack’s food, evaluating Fluttershy’s birds, cheching Pinkie Pie’s plans for the reception (as well ensuring that it was not too exuberant) besides having to try the dress Rarity made to her for she could made a few adjustments and planning some improvements. Cadance sometimes also gave a hoof, although Gleaming didn’t help her to give the help she wanted.

Blue and Shining also walked too busy to ensure that no one would ruin the wedding day.

The night fell and Blue and Shining made their last turn and now they’re heading to their respective bedrooms.

"Well, what a day" Blue said. "I barely stand on my hooves."

"And I say the same thing" Shining said. "Keeping the protective shield active is giving me a huge headache. I am eager to get to my room so Cadance can heal me."

"I cannot wait for the wedding to be over" Blue confessed. "Not only because of the wedding itself, but also to end all this hustle and bustle."

They reached the end of the hall, where it was divided. It was there that they had to go for separated ways.

"Well, it’s better you sleep well" Shining Blue said. "Tomorrow will be your bachelor party."

"I'm really scared about what you are planning for me" Blue confessed.

"Don’t worry about it" Shining said. "You'll see, your last day as single will be memorable."

Blue laughed and then replied:

"I bet it’ll be. Well, ‘til tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow."

Blue began to walk away. Shining prepared to do the same when a voice called:

"Captain Shining Armor!"

Shining turned and saw a pegasus guard coming towards him in the direction he came from.

When he arrived, Shining saw that something was wrong.

"What is it, soldier?" Shining asked.

“A situation occurred" he said. "It’s urgent. We need your help."

"Well, what are you waiting for?" Shining asked. "Show me the way."

The guard did so and led Shining. They left the castle until they came to a dark area of the city. When they reached to an alley that seemed to be the destination, Shining forward, but he saw nothing.

"But here there’s nothing" he said. "Are you sure..."

Then he felt a sharp blow on his head that left him unconscious. It was the guard who had put him unconscious, outlining a sly smile and making his eyes glow with a moderate harlequin glow.

Author's Note:

About the part about the double rainboom, I inspired myself in the video "Double Rainboom", where Twilight created a potion to increase talents and Rainbow drinks it.

The next chapter will be part of a special of three chapters (at least I hope so) about Twilight and Blue's wedding.

I created the image using a template from DeviantArt.