• Published 3rd May 2014
  • 1,093 Views, 11 Comments

Equestrian Bulwark - Dubious



A woman wakes up in Equestria after a night of hard drinking and Minecraft with superpowers, will she be benevolent or be a supervillain?

  • ...
19
 11
 1,093

Day Three

Ignis awoke to tutting and the sound of hooves on wood. Opening her eyes, she saw Rarity stands next to her bed with several measuring tapes, a quill, an inkpot, and a piece of parchment in her telekinesis. With a glare, Ignis turned the floor beneath Rarity into sponge. Watching Rarity fall through the floor, Ignis repaired the floor with a flick of her fingers before entering the bathroom and performing her daily routine. Upon exiting the bathroom, completely clean, she decided to see the extent of her fine control over her Particle Manipulation. With a moderate amount of thought, she began materializing a white, knee length dress around herself, slitting one side of the dress from the waist down. With a bit more effort, she began materializing some panties and a bra, having realised she had been going commando for the past three days. She finished off by willing the air around her legs to turn into thigh high white lace stockings, and a pair of high heels on her feet. Feeling particularly fancy, she coalesced a white fedora with a black band around it on her head, completing the ensemble and making her feel extra fancy.

Giving herself a once over, she nodded at her choice of outfit for the day and exited the hotel, waltzing out onto the streets of Ponyville once more. Ignoring the passersby, she made a bee-line for Sugar Cube Corner, her stomach rumbling with a nigh insatiable hunger. Upon entering the establishment, she heard a whistle from the counter, looking at the cashier, she noticed that instead of the blue mare from yesterday, there was a yellow stallion. "Those're some fancy lookin' clothes you've got there, did you get Rarity to make them for ya?" He asked, not a hint of fear in his voice.

"Nope, made 'em myself." Ignis proudly replied.

"Then you've clearly got some taste, you should head on up to Canterlot, might get yourself a job as a fashion designer up there." The stallion said.

"Why aren't you afraid of me?" Ignis asked perplexedly at the stallions amicable and non-threatened attitude.

"Pinkie told me and my wife about how you saved that filly yesterday. That was a good deed you performed there. Whatever you order is on the house, take it as thanks for saving that filly from the Diamond Dogs."

"Alright then, one cup of coffee and two breakfast cupcakes." Ignis ordered. After a minute the stallion had her order ready and she went to sit down and began eating her breakfast. As she was eating, Pinkie existed before her with a huge grin on her face.

"Guess what?!" She excitably yelled.

"What?" Ignis guessed, taking a sip of coffee.

"I'm throwing you your 'Welcome to Ponyville' party here at seven, won't that be interesting?" Pinkie exclaimed.

"Not one for social gatherings." Ignis coolly replied, finishing off the last of her breakfast cupcakes.

"Don't worry, you've NEVER been to a party like a Pinkie Party!" The insane reality bending mare giddily shouted.

"Okay then... I'm just going to go now, might talk to Twilight about getting some sort of job around town, or just what there is to do." Ignis said, slowly creeping away from Pinkie Pie and her never ending smile of excitment. Outside, Ignis heard a commotion coming from the market place, deciding she had nothing better to do, she went to investigate. What she found confused her completely, standing there in all their seven foot glory was a minotaur with a tattoo of a cobra on his left arm. He appeared to be standing on a cart loaded with guns, of all things. As she got closer, she decided to pay attention to what the minotaur was saying.

"-And with my patented designs, you'll never have to worry about any timberwolves or manticores attacking you!" The minotaur finished, eliciting a round of murmurs from the crowd. Approaching the Minotaur, Ignis spoke up.

"Alright, lets have a look at your 'patented designs'." She said, motioning for the minotaur to pass her a guns. Smirking proudly, the minotaur tossed her a rifle that resembled an M1 Garand. Snatching it out of the air as the minotaur began speaking once more.

"I see you're interested in my designs? Give it a try, lets see how well someone who has obviously been living a pampered life handles a real weapon." The minotaur grinned. Flicking the safety off after checking it was loaded, Ignis took aim at a squirrel eating nuts in a tree. Sighting the squirrel, she pulled the trigger, missing entirely and hitting the tree instead. With a laugh the minotaur began speaking again. "My, my, clearly you've never been taught how to aim. What were you even shooting at?" He asked.

"That." Ignis replied, pointing at the tree with the oblivious squirrel on it, that also happened to be one and a half kilometres away. Pulling out a telescope, the Minotaur gasped in shock.

"Well cover me in honey and throw me in the path of a rampaging bear, you got within a metre of that bugger without even using a scope! Your species must have legendary eyesight, miss." The minotaur said with awe.

"Nope, just me. Though I might one of these, preferably something that doesn't require aiming. You got any shotguns or machineguns?" Ignis asked, earning her a blank look from the minotaur.

"What's a machinegun?"

"It-it's like a rifle, only it has magazines that hold the ammo and can fire either one shot, a burst of three bullets, or fire bullets until the mag runs dry. How can you not know what they are?"

"Firearms have only been around for thirty years, what you just described is decades ahead of current technology."

"Not for my species, we have guns that have a maximum fire rate of a million bullets per minute."

"By Ramsus! Such firepower must surely be rare?" The minotaur asked with a pleading look in his eyes.

"Sort of, there's no way to keep the damn things feed with enough ammo to reach its maximum potential. Though I preferred working with lasers. Something about launching a beam of concentrated heat and light at someone just seems so, right." Ignis said.

"Your species can create non-magical lasers? You truly are a marvelous race." The minotaur said, humbled by the knowledge he gained.

"Yeah... So, you got anything that packs more punch?"

"Well, I do have a rifle that shoots seven millimetre long bullets. Will that do?"

"Sounds reasonable, what's the price?"

"Six hundred and ten bits for the gun itself, and eighteen per ten bullets."

"Well, here goes nothing." Ignis thought aloud grabbing a bit from her coin sack. Concentrating with all her might to feel out the entirety of the coins make-up, she began grabbing as much air around her as she could in her conceptual grasp, willing them to mimic the exact pattern of the coin in her grasp. A sudden glow encompassed the square, causing the ponies to gasp in fear. Just as soon as the light appeared, it vanished, leaving behind a heavily panting Ignis, who was surrounded by a mountainous pile of bits. "Will. Will this cover it?" She asked, panting heavily from the exertion.

"That should do it." The minotaur numbly said, grabbing the gun and several hundred rounds of ammo. "Might set up a shop in this town." The minotaur said as he hopped off his cart, walking over to Ignis and handing the panting woman her purchased goods. Ignis took them gratefully and went and sat on a nearby bench, placing her large amount of ammo and rifle next to her. Deciding to rest her eyes a bit, Ignis takes a nap.


Ignis found her self rudely awoken by a furious poking at her shin, looking down at the offender, she spotted Sweetie Belle alongside a yellow filly with a red mane and tail and an orange pegasus with a purple mane and tail, all three sitting in front of her patiently. Looking to her left, she spied her rifle and ammo untouched. Looking to her left she could only see chest. Tilting her head slightly, she saw that the minotaur gunsmith was sitting next to her. Deciding to address the fillies first she spoke. "What do you three want?"

"We were wondering if you could teach us how you made all those coins appear." The yellow one asked.

"And you are?" Ignis asked.

"Ah'm Applebloom, this is Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo." She said, pointing at the respective owners of the names when she spoke them.

"Okay. Well I can't teach you what I did earlier, because only I can do it."

"That sounds a little egotistical, just because you can do it, what makes you think other ponies can't?" Scootaloo asked.

"Because only I possess the power to manipulate particles in this land?"

"Oh... Yeah that'd be a valid reason." Scootaloo said, dejectedly.

"Well, could you at least give us an idea on how to get our cutie marks?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"Hmm." Ignis hummed. "Well, you could try carpentry, you could try singing, and you could try... Interpretive dance?" Ignis said, pointing to Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo in turn. With huge smiles the trio ran away to try out her suggestions.

"So, I see you're good with foals as well?" The minotaur commented.

"The last time I was near a child, I was temporarily interred in an insane asylum because I wouldn't stop crying."

"Oh, perhaps you just had poor luck?" The minotaur questioned.

"Nope, turns out it was actually a rapist with proportional dwarfism, got me when my back was turned." Ignis said with a shudder, a strong hand clamping on her shoulder.

"You must have some pretty terrible luck. The name's Gunther, by the way." The minotaur said.

"I'm Ignis Spark." Ignis said, shaking a proffered hand.

"Don't suppose you'd know of any places near here I could rent to set up shop in, would you?"

"Nope, only got here a few days ago, after being nearly assaulted twice."

"Hmm, well I suppose I could always ask the mayor. But just remember this: You ever need some more ammo or maintenance done on your guns, just come see me, I'll give you a thirty percent discount."

"You're also the only gunsmith in town."

"That helps." He said with a mischievous grin. "Well I'll be off, I have a mayor to ask about rental properties. Nice hat by the way." Gunther said, waving goodbye as he got up and walked into the crowded roads. Shaking her head, Ignis gathered her things and set off towards Twilight's.


Upon arriving at the library, Ignis butt bounced the door open and walked inside. Looking around she spotted Twilight staring intently at a book. Walking over to her, Ignis deposited her gun and ammo on the nearest table, causing a clatter that roused Twilight from her stare-off with a book. Looking at her with blinking eyes, Twilight smiled. "Oh, hello there, you're probably the first pony not to knock before entering." Twilight remarked.

"Well it is a public library." Ignis stated.

"True, though most ponies tend to forget that since I live here. So what brings you here?"

"I was wondering if you knew of any jobs I could take here in town. I'm also thinking on whether or not I should try and buy some land, in case I ever want to build a house or something like that."

"Well, there's no openings at the moment anywhere in Ponyville, but if you're willing to travel, I'm sure Applejack wouldn't mind recommending you to her cousins in Appleloosa."

"Lemme guess, desert town." Ignis said.

"How'd you guess?"

"With a name like Appleloosa, it's not hard to guess where it is."

"Never thought of it that way, but if you feel up to bucking apples six hours a day, I'm sure they'd be welcome to have you."

"Ooooor, I could NOT go and work in a desert town and not get stabbed by a thug."

"Well, I guess Appleloosa isn't one of the safest places in equestria, but I doubt anypony'd stab you." Twilight said, waving a hoof in dismissal.

"Still, I'm not about to go to the ass end of nowhere for some bad paying job. I just want something local to occupy my time. Don't want to get sucked into another gaming binge."

"What's so wrong with a gaming binge?"

"Bought a VR interface, blew through most of my games in the first week. All that was left were some... Risque games that I got from a co-worker."

"Oh, OH." Twilight thought aloud, Ignis' meaning finally getting to her. "I can see how that might be detrimental to your health. Well I could always ask Mayor Mare."

"Sweet, I'm gonna go get some lunch, know of anywhere good?"

"Well, there IS this one place that makes a mean daisy sandwich.."


Ignis stared at the pony sitting across from her, what could only be described as a look of orgasmic delight on her face. Blushing slightly at the throaty moans coming from Twilight, she dug into her omelet. Hearing a cessation of the moans of pleasure, Ignis looked up to see a happily smiling Twilight. "Would you like some daisy sandwich with your orgasm?" She asked, causing Twilight to blush.

"S-sorry, it's just that was so good. How's your omelet?"

"Hard to breathy. There isn't hay in this, is there?" Ignis asked.

"Let me ask." Twilight said, getting up and seeking out a member of staff. Upon finding one she voiced her question, receiving an affirmative as to the presence of hay in Ignis' omelet. Suddenly darting outside, she saw Ignis writhing on the ground whilst clutching her throat, gasps for air leaving her mouth. Panicking, Twilight shot an anti-allergy spell at Ignis, who was already unconscious from lack of air. As soon as the spell hit, Ignis' heavily swollen throat returned to normal and she resumed breathing. Letting loose a sigh of relief, Twilight picked her up in her magic and trotted off to the hospital.

Author's Note:

I bet you that those fourteen downvoters didn't even READ this fic.

Comments ( 4 )

I'm liking this so far. the way you write keeps things nice and snappy, you're not overly descriptive. keep up the good work, i can't wait to read the next bit. :twilightsmile:

4366760 Positive feedback? POSITIVE FEEDBACK!!!! Haha, you have no idea how lacking that has been for me lately. I shall probably get the next chapter out in like two days. Just need to finish it.

OP char.:trixieshiftright: But still its a good read, keep it up.

i like how this is going so far, you know how to keep it interesting

Login or register to comment