• Published 3rd May 2014
  • 1,093 Views, 11 Comments

Equestrian Bulwark - Dubious



A woman wakes up in Equestria after a night of hard drinking and Minecraft with superpowers, will she be benevolent or be a supervillain?

  • ...
19
 11
 1,093

Day Two

Ignis was awoken by a repetitive knocking on her hotel rooms doors. With a groan she threw off the sheets and trudged over to the door. She opened it to find a light gray pony with a purple mane standing in front of her door with a parcel on its back. She also noticed that the pony was wearing a brown cap with DimEx written on it. A cough snapped her into action as she grabbed a pro-offered clipboard that asked for her signature. Having signed it, the pony handed her the parcel and trotted off. Closing the door with a weirded out look, she set the parcel on the bed and opened it. She withdrew a series of either antique or novelty coins, a few random books, a piece of paper with something written in Japanese on it, a pair of good looking gloves which she adorned immediately, and various other bits and bobs. Packing everything in the parcel again, she decided to give it all to Twilight, finding there to be nothing of interest in there other than the gloves.

She discarded the parcel on a nearby table for later retrieval as she collected her thoughts and concentrated on a nice set of clothes, with a flick of her fingers the clothes she was imagining materialized on her. Walking over to a full body mirror that had only recently existed, she checked out her new digs. A blue tank top with a black hoodie with golden trims, a pair of blue jeans, and a pair of knee high white socks and a pair of steel capped combat boots that reached halfway up her shins. With a nod at her new attire, she exited her room and quickly found herself on the streets of Ponyville. She walked towards Sugar Cube Corner to have another breakfast of cupcakes and coffee. On her way there, the air of the normally peaceful town was split by an ear piercing screech. Her train of thought halted, she immediately set off to where the scream emanated from, the surrounding buildings blurring slightly as she reached speeds generally reserved for sports cars.

When she arrived at the source, all she could do was face-palm with a force of a pick-up truck. Laid on the ground before her was a sobbing Rarity and a pile of soaked silk rolls. Grumbling under her breath, Ignis turned to walk away before she felt her legs being grabbed onto. With a look down, she saw Rarity grasping onto them with tears in her eyes. "P-please, you have to help me! They took Sweetie Belle!" She all but cried, her tears streaming down her face.

"Who's they?" Ignis coldly asked, still not forgetting Rarity's insult two days prior.

"Th-the Diamond Dogs, they broke into my store, stole all my gems and foalnapped Sweetie Belle!" Rarity wallowed.

"Fine. I'll go look for your damn daughter." Ignis growled, a sudden cessation of crying reached her ears.

"S-sweetie Belle isn't my daughter, she's my little sister." Rarity explained.

"Then say that BEFORE you beg someone to save her. Now. do you know where I can find these Diamond Dogs?"

"Y-yes, I can lead you to where their last base was." Rarity said with a sniff, with a gesture to lead the way the pair set off to thelair of the Diamond Dogs.


On the way to the lair, Pinkie, Rainbow, Applejack, and Twilight met up with them. After explaining the situation, Rainbow broke off to get Fluttershy. Upon arrival, the group set to looking for clues. A few minutes found them gather around a large, ominous gaping hole in the ground. Looking at each other nervously, the ponies tried to talk themselves into entering the scary hole in the ground. Whereas Ignis was thinking about possible applications for her ability to control particles. A sudden thought came to here mind and she immediately voiced it. "I wonder if I can fly?" And with that she jumped down the hole, much to the shock of the scaredy-cat ponies still on the surface.

Mid-fall Ignis began focusing on herself and slowing her fall. She knew her plan had succeeded when her descend was almost completely arrested. Landing with a light thud, she realised a large flaw in her plan: She didn't have night vision. With a sudden burst of insight, she flicked her fingers and the rock walls surrounding her immediately turned luminous, lighting up the cave surrounding her. With a little more effort, she fashioned a silver necklace with a super luminous emerald green gem in it. Putting it on, she set about navigating the tunnels, marking her way with glowing purple circles. After an indeterminable amount of time, she finally came across a large cavern, filled with piles of glittering gems, and a dozen fugly bipedal dog creatures. Her targets acquired, she forward flipped off the ledge she was standing on for extra style-points. Landing with a thud, she stalked towards her quarries, manipulating the light around her to bend around from her, rendering her all but invisible. Upon sneaking up to the gathering of bipedal dogs, she saw what they were all looking at, a small white filly shackled to a large rock with a salad just out of her reach.

Feeling more than a little angry at the dogs, she stopped bending light around herself and tapped the nearest dog on the shoulder. It turned around with a look of confusion on it's face, only to meet a fist that launched it several metres backwards, shattering every bone in its face in the process. The flying dog alerted the others nearby to her presence and they all almost simultaneously set on her with a vicious howl. Leaping backwards, she formed a two metre long rod of iron from the ground near her and suddenly knew everything about fighting with a bow staff. Twirling the rod of iron in her hands, she got into a fighting stance as she waited for the dogs to get nearer, the noise of six ponies finding their way into the cave not missing her heightened hearing. As the first dog neared her, she struck out with her iron rod, smacking it in the face with enough force to flip it over. Continuing on from her swing, she spun forwards, twirling the rod along with her, at the apex of her spin, she kicked out with her left leg, catching a second dog in the stomach, it hurtling backwards with a whine. She then followed this up with an upwards swing of her rod clocking a third dog in the jaw and flinging him backwards. She then flipped over a fourth dog, spring-boarding off of its back as she cleared its frame, knocking it into a rusting minecart. finishing her flip with a downwards swing at fifth dog, rendering it instantly unconscious, if not dead. With another twirl, she thrust the rod into the chest of a sixth dog, collapsing a lung and spin kicking a seventh in the face, cracking a few bones.

Righting herself, she noted she had taken down seven dogs in a matter of seconds. Looking at the remaining five, she felt lazy and flung fist sized hunks of stone at their heads, knocking them all unconscious. She approached the Chained filly, the other six ponies drawing near as well. Upon reaching the filly, she willed the chains to turn into red licorice and snapped them off the filly, who immediately ran over to Rarity and began crying. Ignis merely picked up some of the licorice and began eating it, noting Rainbow approaching her with an awed expression. "Whoa, where'd you learn to fight like that?" She asked, earnign a shrug from Ignis.

"I didn't."

"What?"

"I didn't, it's like I suddenly just KNEW how to fight like that. Can't say it didn't come in handy. Want some licorice?" Ignis offered.

"Sure." Rainbow said, taking a piece of chain licorice from Ignis and chewing on it. "This is actually really good."

"Should be, didn't get myself a diploma in cooking for nothing." Ignis idly said, taking another bite of her licorice.

"So... Think we should tell Twilight about how you just knew how to fight?"

"Dunno, but I feel stronger for some reason." Ignis remarked, accompanying Rainbow back to the others.

"Thank you for saving my little sister, Ignis!" Rarity said, nuzzling Ignis' hand.

"Still on my shit-list." Ignis said.

"Fine, but at least let me treat you to a meal, on me. It's the least I could do for you."

"Alright, I should probably have Spike send Princess Celestia a letter about what happened here, and Ignis' near masterful control of her ability. Alright, everypony get ready." At that all the ponies present braced themselves. Not aware was they were doing, she was caught completely unawares as they were all teleported in front of the Golden Oaks Library. Stumbling about disoriented, Ignis vomited up the remnants of yesterdays breakfast and fell unconscious. "... Uh, I guess we should also put this in the letter?" Twilight said with a cringe.


Princess Celestia was sitting on a plush cushion on her personal balcony while drinking tea when a scroll appeared before her. Taking it in her magic, she unrolled it and began reading. Setting it down with a laugh at Ignis' expense, she began making plans to turn her into a national superhero, already concocting sun based superhero names with a smirk on her face.

Author's Note:

Uh-oh, looks like Celestia wants to turn Ignis into a caped crusader, like she'd ever let Celestia pick her supersona's name.