• Published 16th Apr 2014
  • 1,180 Views, 1 Comments

CMC: The Apple Family Tree Grows - Russell Dickson



Apple Bloom is confused about Big McIntosh and Miss Cheerilee getting married. Is Apple Bloom losing her big brother? What does it mean that her family is changing and growing?

  • ...
2
 1
 1,180

The Apple Family Tree Grows

Cutie Mark Crusaders
In
The Family Tree Grows.


Princess Twilight Sparkle, and her friends, were the keeper of the Elements of Harmony. Until they were force to return them to the Tree of Harmony. The tree in return gave a locked box to the ponies.
The keys to unlocking the box were hidden, and were only found in time to save all of Equestria. However the ponies that open the box were not the friends of Twilight, but the young Cutie Mark Crusaders, Sweetie Bell, Apple Bloom, and Scootaloo.
This is one of their new adventures.

What is Family
Family Tears
Kristalltagslicht or the Crystal Daylight
***

“But, I don’t want Big Mac to move out.” Protested Apple Bloom.

Applejack wiped away one of her own tears. “Oh. Come on Apple Bloom. He not moving out today.”

Apple Bloom was still processing what she had just learned. She had returned form school to find Big Mac talking to Granny Smith. Big MacIntosh look real nerves, and was almost laying on his belly down before Granny Smith like he was begging for something.

Apple Bloom did not think to much of it until she hear Big Mac shout out “YEP!” And, big brother Mac trotted out of the living room as if he had own a grate victory.

When Apple Bloom looked in on Granny Smith, she was slowly walking over to the book case. There she got out the family photo book, and return to her rocking chair.

“Granny? Are you alright?”

Granny Smith was smiling and weeping. “Oh, I am alright. I just have to tell your folks the good news.”

“What do you mean, Granny?” Asked Apple Bloom. Worry that maybe some was wrong with Granny Smith or maybe Big Mac.

Granny Smith just smile. “Go and find Applejack. I have something to tell the both of you.”

At once Apple Bloom ran to find Applejack, who was in kitchen making dinner.

“Applejack! Applejack!” cry out Apple Bloom.

Applejack scolded her younger sister. “Now, Apple Bloom. What have you been told about running and shouting in the house?”
The wide eyed Apple Bloom replied. “I am real sorry, but Granny need us. Some big has just happen.”

Applejack set the fry apple cakes off the burner and went with Apple Bloom back to the living room.

There Applejack and Apple Bloom found Granny Smith look over the old pictures in the family photo book. Her eye had set down upon an old picture of Big MacIntosh as a clot. Tear filling her eyes.

Granny look up form the book and said in a soft sweet voice. “I remember your brother’s midwife holding up your bother up and saying; Behold your son, Big MacIntosh.”

Then Granny wiped away her tears as Applejack came closer. Apple Bloom stood back out of fear.

Granny returned to the book. “Oh your mother was so proud at what she and your daddy had made. Big Mac, looks so much like your farther these days. It is only right that he have a family of his own.”

“Granny? What are you saying?” Asked Applejack.

Granny Smith smiled, looking up for the book once more. She study Applejack face. She saw the worry and love in her granddaughter eyes. Granny Smith then started to laugh. “Well for started, I ant’ going on place. If that what you’re thinking. Your bother was in hear asking me if he could buy the plot of land near the road.”

Apple Bloom came closer to Granny Smith. “What he need land for? I mean we got all this land.”

Applejack interrupted. “You mean he and Miss Cheerilee are going to get married?”

Granny Smith smiled, as all the tears seem to dry up by magic. “They got to talking about getting married right after Big Mac got back form Cynthiana. After that last pie delivery.”

“And, you gave your blessing, right?” Asked Applejack.

Laughing, Granny Smith reported. “Oh, you should have seen that brother of your. He came in hear like he done broke something. He was shaking all over, he was so nerves.”

Apple Bloom was almost dancing. “My bother is going to get married.” Then reality set in. “My bother is getting married to my teacher?”

As Apple Bloom thought this bit of news over. Applejack kissed Granny Smith, then said. “I got to get to dinner. You go and tell every pony in that book the good news. I will call when the food is ready. Come on Apple Bloom, I going to need your help in the kitchen.”

The two sisters went back to the kitchen, and started preparing dinner once more. Apple Bloom started setting the table and filling drinking glasses with ice tea. She then said. “Are we going to have to get a bigger kitchen table?”

Applejack pulled the biscuits out of the oven. “Now what on earth would we need to get a bigger kitchen table for?”

Apple Bloom set the grave bowl and butter dish on the table. “Well, with Miss Cherrilee moving in with us, we going to need a bigger table.”

Placing the biscuits on a big plat, Applejack reply. “Surges cube. Miss Cherrilee not moving in with us.”

Confused Apple Bloom asked, as she place a serving bowl of brown beans in the center of the table. “Then how are Big Mac and Miss Cherrilee getting married, if she not moving in with us?”

Applejack then put bowls of rice and collard greens on the table. “Apple Bloom, that why Big Mac is buying that plot of land down by the road. He going to build a home for him and Cherrilee to move in. Then start there own family.”

“But, I don’t want Big Mac to move out.” Protested Apple Bloom.

Applejack wiped away one of her own tears. “Oh. Come on Apple Bloom. He not moving out today.”

“But, things will change.” Said Apple Bloom.

“Yes.” Said Applejack, who now was hugging her sister. “That what happens when you grow up. Things change, and not always the way we want them to.”

The two of them weep for a little bit, and then Applejack ended the hug. “This food is getting cold. We best call the others.”

Soon the Apple family was gathered around the kitchen table. As Granny Smith said. “Big MacIntosh. You are going to be the head of your own home soon. You say grace tonight for practice.”

Big MacIntosh asked the family to hold hooves. “Dear Earth. Thank you for the bounty that you give us each day. Some days are easy and some days are not. Let us learn to be better ponies in the hard days so that we may enjoy the good days all the more. Thank you dear Earth for all you give us. Amen.” The other joined in with their own “Amen.”

That night Apple Bloom recorded in her CMC notebook. “Today I learn that growing up means that things change. I mean I always knew they would, but I understand it better now.”

“Back when I help give that love poison to Big Mac and Miss Cheerilee, my only thought was to give Miss Cheerilee a colt friend. But, it seem that after getting to know each other, my brother and Miss Cheerilee want to be more than just friends. That was not part of the plan.”

“Now that I think back on it. You can not just plant an apple seed and not expect it to grow. That why you have to think real hard about what you are doing and how things my turn out.”

"I mean giving Big Mac and Miss Cheerilee that poison almost turn out real bad for every pony. And, now that Big Mac is going to move away, it sort of feel real bad again. But, he only moving down the road a little ways, so it only a little different."

Comments ( 1 )

The typos and tense inconsistences are too distracting. I wasn't able to finish because of them.

Login or register to comment