• Published 12th Apr 2014
  • 27,196 Views, 1,368 Comments

The Mighty Warrior of Epicness - shinigamisparda



A cosplayer is sent to Equestria as his outfit, Gilgamesh from Final Fantasy. Let his epic quest for fights and fun begin!

  • ...
84
 1,368
 27,196

Fabulous, Flamboyant, Ferocious Fighting

“Twi...light… stop… please,” Rarity pleaded, barely able to speak with the crushing force around her neck.

"'Stop?' But Rarity, we're having so much fun!" 'Twilight' replied before tightening the grip around her neck. "Or, at least, I am."

"TWILIGHT, WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?" Spike shouted, confused and terrified by the scene in front of him, as were the earth pony guards behind him.

"Why I'm killing them, isn't that obvious?" she replied in a voice that was far too calm. "But how about we kill you first?"

With that, all of the weapons that had been dropped by the guards were levitated, pointed at him.

"NOW DI-!"

The unicorn was cut off when Gilgamesh dashed forwards and punched at her, stopping just before he struck. Immediately afterwards came a burst of wind that sent her flying before crashing into the museum wall and bursting through it. All of the weapons and struggling ponies hit the floor, finally freed from the magical grasp.

"W-What the hay is goin' on!?" Applejack shouted as she finally caught her breath.

"EVERYONE BEHIND ME! KEEP AWAY FROM HER!" Gilgamesh shouted, his arms raised in an offensive stance.

The ponies hesitated until the museum doors were blasted off their hinges. Everypony dashed behind the warrior when they saw 'Twilight' standing there with a predatory smirk on her face.

"Twilight, stop this! It's super-duper mean and not funny!" Pinkie pleaded.

"That's not Twilight. Not now, at least," Gilgamesh explained.

"What? What do you mean? Did she get replaced by a changeling?" Rainbow asked.

"She's not an impostor, she's possessed. Her mind and body are being controlled." He pointed at the purple unicorn. "Isn't that right, Melusine!?" he shouted.

"'P-Possessed!?'" Fluttershy stuttered.

Melusine gasped in an exaggerated manner, bringing her hoof to her face. "Oh my! You've found me out! Oh, whatever shall I do?" she asked before laughing evilly.

"Why? Why possess her? When did you possess her?" Gilgamesh demanded.

"Oh, it was right about when she was doing that little show for those horses. She's quite the prodigy with magic. Honestly I would've preferred to take the Princess, but I'm sure she would've been able to fight me off, and then there goes my little surprise. But, more importantly, this," she said while pointing to her tiara. "These jewels were what put you in stone last time, right? And this one commands them all. Which means," she smirked as she summoned her magic, "IT'S TIME YOU DISAPPEARED!"

Her eyes shined white for a moment, but then nothing came.

"W-What? Why didn't it work!?"

Gilgamesh chuckled. "Looks like you need to do your homework. That tiara might command the rest, but it still requires a team effort. Did you really think the Elements of Harmony would work out of sync?"

Melusine growled and threw the tiara down. "Damn it!" she shouted before taking a deep breath to calm herself. "Hm. No matter, I still am in control of one of the most powerful magic-users on this world." She smirked. "Which means I can still do THIS!" she shouted as her grin widened to a malicious smile and her eyes glowed white.

Gilgamesh jumped back, unclipped his shield, and wrapped his free arm around the five mares and one drake. "BARRIERS, NOW!" he shouted back to the Solar Guard before crouching behind his shield. The unicorns barely managed to raise their own bubbles shields just before a massive explosion of violet energy erupted. As the smoke cleared the damage was revealed: The museum was completely levelled, and several nearby buildings were either subjected to the same or were severely damaged. The guards, the Elements, Spike, and Gilgamesh were buried under the rubble.

Spike managed to crawl out of the rubble, only to come face to face with 'Twilight', who blasted him into a boulder sized piece of rubble, causing it to shatter.

"Twilight... you gotta... fight it..." he groaned as he pulled himself up.

"Oh she's fighting, alright. Futilely. She can see and hear everything that's happening," Melusine taunted before lifting him up in her magical grasp. "I can hear her begging and pleading for me to stop. It's delicious. I wonder how much she'll scream as she watches herself kill the poor little dragon that's been like a son and brother to her."

Spike struggled as she lifted up a mangled piece of rebar.

"Those scales are pretty hard. So tell me, do you want me to shove this down your throat or stick it through your eye?" she asked, her maniacal smile stretching wider.

"Twilight, fight it, please! You're the strongest mare I know! You can beat her!"

"No, she can't."

“Maybe not, but she’s not alone,” came a voice before a massive hand grasped the mare’s head. She soon found herself hurled at a building before crashing through the window. Spike fell to the ground before looking up at his savior. “So, what happened to that scared little kid I talked to a few months ago?”

The dragon could see the warrior smirking beneath his face guard and smirked back. “He grew up. At least, a little.”

The rest of the group, the Guard included, finally pulled themselves from the rubble; a bit worse for wear, but not really damaged. Before they could say anything the building Melusine had been thrown into erupted, half of it being blown to pieces. Standing above what was left was Melusine, still grinning. Her eyes turned white again as magic gathered in her horn. Soon, a building sized ball of magic gathered above her.

“Holy hay! Was Twilight really this powerful!?” Rainbow Dash asked in shock.

“No, it’s not just that!” a unicorn guard answered, the same one who ordered the rest of his troops before. “She might be a prodigy and Celestia’s student, but she’s using far more magic at once than she should! A lesser unicorn would be dead now! At this rate that Melusine, or whatever its name is, will kill her just by the strain of using spells!”

Twilight’s friends gasped in shock.

“That bitch. She’s planning on using her up and then just jumping to another host,” Gilgamesh seethed.

Melusine then fired the massive ball of energy at them. Gilgamesh cast a spell on himself before crouching down and leaping at it, his fists raised.

“DORARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARA!” he shouted as he repeatedly punched the attack. With one final “DORA!” and punch, the magic attack burst. The forced sent rubble flying in all directions, the unicorns shielding themselves and others from the debris. Gilgamesh was also blown back but expertly landed on his feet.

“So, I don’t suppose any of you know a spell to break someone free of possession?” he asked, turning to those behind him. They all shook their heads. The warrior groaned. “Of course you don’t, that would make things too easy for me,” he muttered before turning back to Melusine who was levitating pieces of debris to create a path for her to walk down. “Ok, if we can’t exorcise the possession, then we’ll have to get Melusine to let her go herself.”

“And just how do you propose we do that?” Rarity asked.

“I’m… still thinking about that part.” They all groaned in response. “Hey, give me a break! This isn’t exactly a situation I normally deal with!”

“Yeah? Well maybe you can annoy her into lettin’ Twi go!” Applejack shouted in exasperation.

Gilgamesh paused.

“... That might actually work.”

“Wait, what?”

The possessed unicorn reached the ground, still smiling madly, when Gilgamesh made his move. He took a pose, arms raised and standing on his toes, as music began to play. Everypony stared as he took graceful steps and spins as he approached his opponent. Even Melusine could only look on in confusion.

“Is he… dancing?” Spike asked.

“Enough of this!” Melusine shouted before firing a beam of magic at the warrior, who gracefully spun out of the way. Shocked, she continued the assault only to be met with similar reactions. She then levitated debris and fired it at him, which he countered by destroying with his fists and feet, spinning and flipping all the while. Melusine grit her teeth before rearing up and slamming her forehooves on the ground, causing a pillar of violet energy to burst from under him. A moment later he was standing on a lampost, balancing on the toes of one foot as he spun with his arms raised.

“What is this trickery!?” she shouted.

“Poise, grace, flexibility, reflexes, and the proper training,” he answered.

“‘The proper training?’” she asked before firing another beam at him which he leapt over.

“Twelve years ballroom dancing!” he announced as he landed on the ground. “Eight years ballet!” He jumped over another blast, spinning as he did. “Six years figure skating!” He bent over backwards to dodge another piece of debris thrown at him before backflipping away from another pillar of energy. “And a little dabbling in flamenco!” he finished before rhythmically clapping his hands. “Ole!”

“You have got to be freaking kidding me,” Rainbow said flatly. “First the spa and now this?”

“Well, I have heard it said that the truly masculine don’t care what others think about them,” the unicorn guard offered.

“Grrr! So what!? If I can’t hit you with a precise attack, I’ll just do this!” Melusine shouted in frustration, summoning a ball of energy above her head.

“Yeah, no,” the warrior replied before dashing forwards and simply punting her several yards before she flew between two lampposts. “IT’S GOOD!” he shouted.

“Um, could you please try not to hurt Twilight so badly? Um, if you don’t mind that is?” Fluttershy asked.

Melusine shook her head as she rose. “Is this your plan? To make this drag out forever?”

“Nope. Just killing time,” Gilgamesh answered.

“Wh-What?”

“I was just using that to think up a way to beat you. And now I have. So get ready!”

Another song started playing as he took several poses before strutting towards his opponent. Melusine recovered from her shock and fired at him, causing him to dodge with movements that looked like some kind of cross between dance moves, bodybuilder flexes, and catwalk poses. After a few rounds of this he blew a bubble from his mouth before clapping his hands over it. As he spread them apart the bubble stretched to several feet until he closed his hands, causing it to pop and break into dozens of marble sized bubbles.

"You must be joking," Melusine chuckled. "Don't tell me you actually mean to-"

Gilgamesh grabbed one of the bubbles and flicked it at her. It exploded with enough force to cause her to stumble backwards in pain.

"Wh-What!?" she thought aloud, holding her hoof to her now bleeding snout. "H-How-?"

Gilgamesh grabbed a handful of bubbles before winding his arm up. "SHABON RAUNCHA!" he shouted in a strange accent before hurling the bubbles not unlike a baseball pitcher.

Melusine dodged to the side before the hit, leaving small indentations in the ground as they exploded. Gilgamesh spun and kicked another mass of them at her, which she jumped back away from. He then spun and grabbed the rest, holding them between his fingers, before throwing them at several angles. Before he threw the last one he clapped it and spread his arms three times, creating three more sets of the clear, bubbly explosives.

He then began more flamboyant poses, the movements seeming to direct the bubbles towards Melusine. The pegasi, with their connection to all things sky-related, could tell that he was using the wind to direct them, causing them to move back and forth like snakes or swarm like hornets. The possessed pony jumped and dodged away before finally getting fed up and casting a barrier around herself. The bubbles all swarmed to her, but, rather than exploding, they all converged into one massive bubble, surrounding the magic shield.

Gilgamesh turned, back facing away from his opponent, and struck a pose before shouting "SHABON BARRIA!" The bubble popped, destroying the shield and sending the pony inside tumbling backwards.

Gilgamesh turned and pointed at his opponent.

"Next you'll say 'Do you really think you can beat me with such a childish technique?'"

Melusine rose and glared at him. "Do you really think you can beat me with such a childish technique? ... Wh-What?"

Melusine looked stunned, as did the rest of the ponies. Gilgamesh spun before striking another pose and pointing at her again.

"Next is 'What trickery is this!?' I'll bet."

"What trickery is this!?" she shouted, only to flinch again. "Grrr! Don't you dare-!"

"'Don't you dare mock me, you blithering buffoon!'" He interrupted. "Heh, is that about right?"

"SILENCE!" they both shouted simultaneously. Melusine fired a beam of magic... Only for it to turn around and strike her in the face, causing her to tumble backwards.

"'How is this possible!?'"

"How is this-!? GAH!" Melusine shouted before slamming her hooves on the ground, causing pillars of energy to shoot at him from all sides. He took another pose and every single one flew upwards harmlessly.

"He's totally in her head!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

"No, Dashie, he's right here, silly billy!" Pinkie replied.

"No, she means he can read her like a book," the unicorn Guard explained.

"Well, she is a real bookworm."

All the ponies groaned.

Meanwhile Melusine just noticed how Gilgamesh was able to reflect her attacks.

"Using the bubbles as lenses to reflect the beams. Clever. But let's see you stop this!" she shouted before throwing a chariot sized piece of rubble at him.

Gilgamesh simply grinned before grabbing a handful of bubbles, summoning the wind to his hands.

"SHABON CUTTA!"

He threw the bubbles at the rubble, spun by the wind to the point they were nearly flat, before dicing the rubble to harmless pieces.

"'YOU CAN'T DO THAT!'" he cried as he took another pointing pose.

"YOU CAN'T-! GRRRRRAAAAAH!" she shouted in frustration before hurling a lamppost at him. He responded by positioning the bubbles in front of him, spinning rapidly and shredding the improvised spear to pieces. She growled again, turning her head to look for anything she could use, and saw the ponies observing the battle in the nearby buildings. A maniacal grin spread across her face as she turned back to him. "WHY DON'T YOU TRY CUTTING THIS!?" she shouted before gather power. Four buildings levitated off the ground, the ponies inside screaming in terror, before being hurled at the warrior.

Gilgamesh smiled and thrust his arms forwards, sending out a stream of bladed bubbles to each one. With a sweep of his arms the buildings were cut to shreds, thankfully sparing the ponies inside. Before they could begin falling he raised his hands and a small gem on his chest began to glow, causing them all to hover. With a wave of his arms they all were pulled behind the Guard and set gently on the ground. The gem stopped glowing and he struck another pose, pointing upwards.

"SHABON RENZU!"

Melusine looked up just in time to see a beam of energy fire down at her, jumping to the side to avoid it. She managed to dodge several more before realizing what it was she was being attacked with.

He's using the those bubbles to magnify the sun's rays! He's attacking me with sunlight!

As she thought that, she was struck in the side by one of the beams. She rolled to the side and looked to see bubbles near the ground.

"By reflecting from lense to lense, there is nothing I can't reach!" Gilgamesh proclaimed, switching between poses, causing beams of sunlight to hit her from several angles as she attempted to dodge them. "This is the skill of a true warrior! One who knows how to use his tools to the fullest, and can turn anything into a weapon!"

Melusine continued to dodge until she moved into a cluster of circular bubbles. They exploded, sending her skywards into another clump of bubbles that did the same. Soon, she was several feet in the air.

"Even the sun itself!" he proclaimed, turning away from her and posing dramatically as she was struck from all angles, screaming in pain as she was burned by the rays of lights. As she fell, he stopped the attack, letting her hit the ground.

"Either you release that mare from your control or I knock you out and take you to someone who can. Either way," he began before turning and pointing dramatically. "THIS FIGHT WAS OVER BEFORE IT BEGAN!"

Melusine groaned as she rose, staring him down. She gathered magic in her horn before shooting a beam upwards. There was a short flash before storm clouds began to gather.

"So much for your little ray of sunshine," she taunted with a grin.

Gilgamesh shook his head. "Such a shame. Only thinking one move ahead." His eyes widened before shouting “LASER BARRAGE!” A shower of thin red beams shot from his eyes and Melusine summoned a barrier in response, surprised when she found the attack wasn’t even hitting it. Soon red began to fill her peripheral vision, and she turned to see--in horror--that a dome of bubbles was forming around her, reflecting each of the hundreds of lasers between them, until it looked like a beehive made of them.

Gilgamesh winked at her before striking another pose, causing the beams to rain down on her from all angles until the barrier finally broke. Being pelted from all sides, she didn’t notice a large amount of them were converging towards Gilgamesh. He pointed at her, his thumb and index finger extended.

“Bang.”

With that, a large beam, created from lesser ones, fired and struck the possessed mare in the head, sending her hurtling through the air before tumbling across the ground. Gilgamesh raised his finger to his mouth before blowing on it, as if he was putting out smoke.

“Did… Did he do it?” Spike asked hopefully.

Melusine groaned in pain, shakingly getting up to her hooves.

“You want this mare back? Fine, have her back,” she said weakly before a creature appeared above her. It was bipedal, had feminine features, long blond hair, was dressed in a pink and very revealing outfit. She sat upon a massive snake, one with a head at each end, and floated in the air. She scowled and raised her hands above her head. Flames leapt from the mouths of the snakes and gathered above her in an orb of fire. “YOU CAN HAVE HER IN PIECES!” she shouted before thrusting the ball of magic down at the helpless mare.

“NO!” her friends shouted, only for a massive explosion to cut off their vision. They feared the worst as the creature laughed evilly. As the flame and smoke cleared the area below her revealed… nothing.

“W-What? Are ponies really that fragile? I would at least expect there to be a body,” she thought aloud.

“Look!” somepony called from the crowd.

Nearly half a mile away was Gilgamesh, flames still on his body, cradling the lavender unicorn in his arms. She looked up at him, barely conscious.

“Gilgamesh… you… I’m so-”

“Quiet. Rest now,” he interrupted, setting her down on a debris-free part of the ground. He turned and faced his opponent, the movement enough to put out the flames on his body, as another song began.

“I am Combat incarnate!” He began as he marched forwards. “Sturdier than the grandest mountains! More graceful than the ocean waves! More intense than a raging inferno! Swifter than the winds of a hurricane!” He stopped and unclipped his naginata, spinning it a moment before planting it into the ground. “Gaze upon this red scarf and TREMBLE, SERVANT OF EVIL, FOR YOU FACE THE MIGHTIEST WARRIOR IN ALL EQUIS!” Raising weapon dramatically he continued. “YOU FACE ME, GILGAMESH!” He shouted before pointing his weapon at his opponent. “AND YOU ARE NOT WELCOMED HERE!” With that final proclamation spun his weapon again before holding it behind his back. “PREPARE FOR YOUR END!”

Melusine responded by summoning lighting from her hands and thrusting them forwards, unleashing a Thundaga spell. Gilgamesh simply spun his weapon in front of him and smacked the bolts aside, exploding against whatever they touched. Surprised, she summoned her power once more, her twin headed snake inhaling deeply before exhaling sharply, unleashing a Blizzaga spell that sent blocks of ice towards the warrior and froze whatever it touched. With a simple swing of his spear and a grunt of effort he summoned a tornado that cut through the projectiles and scattered the frigid winds. Trying once again, she summoned flames, leaping from the mouths of her snakes and gathering above her like before, but twice as large as last time. She hurled the Firaga spell at the warrior who took a ready stance and gripped his weapon with both hands.

“TOH!”

With a mighty swing he unleashed a gust of wind that overpowered and dispersed the attack. Melusine simply stared, completely stunned.

“Do you feel that?” he asked. “Your body sweating? Your hands shaking? Your heartbeat quickening? That is fear,” he said as he held his weapon towards her. “Fear of knowing you will pay for your misdeeds! To those who bring pain and suffering to others, I bring the same! To those who would steal the gifts of Life and Freedom from others, I grant the ultimate freedom!” He changed positions, ready to charge at his opponent. “FREEDOM FROM THIS MORTAL COIL!”

With blind speed he dashed forwards and stabbed her through the chest, causing her to gasp in pain.

“YOUR TIME POSSESSING OTHERS IS AT AN END! BEGONE, EVIL ONE!

Gilgamesh gripped his weapon and spun, cutting Melusine as he did, counting “ICHI! NI! SAN! SHI!” for the four strikes. He then stopped, his back to her, before quickly spinning his weapon and clipping it back to its resting place. He then took the same pose he did when transforming, but rather than changing, he simply stood there. Melusine fell backwards and inexplicably exploded in a ball of fire.

The image of Gilgamesh standing there, posing as his body was framed by the light of the explosion just behind him, his scarf flowing in the sudden wind, was an image none of the spectators would soon be forgetting. Neither would most of Equestria, as some of them happened to be photographers and had taken the opportunity to take snaps of the fight.

“So… awesome,” Rainbow Dash and Spike muttered simultaneously.

Suddenly, a flash of white came from behind the warrior, a portal opening up. Before he could even react, he was pulled in by an unseen force, his scream of shock cutting off as he and it disappeared.

The ponies were left to process the entire situation themselves. Few were able to fully comprehend it. Even less could describe it to others.

Author's Note:

So looking at the comments you guys wrote before this… I gotta say it's fun watching you guys guess at all of these things. Obviously some of you were right on the money.

Anyway, here we have a link to Zman537's "Son of Invention" story. That one will be multiple parts and we're still working on it, so expect this half not to be updated for a little while.

I hope you enjoyed the over the top hijinks! Until next time!

Oh, and if those of you who aren't Jojo's Bizarre Adventure fans want an idea of the kind of poses…