• Published 7th Apr 2014
  • 830 Views, 17 Comments

Sweet Twister - Eclipse LunarSol



Twist has grown up into a beautiful mare and bought herself a store in Manehattan. Now with everything going so well in her life she could ask for nothing more!.....Right?

  • ...
3
 17
 830

Where Your Tastebuds Fall In Love

Twist slowly opened up her eyes and let out a loud yawn. The muscles in her arms stretched out relaxingly, a few pops here and there as the bones woke up. Twist rubbed out all the "eye boogers" and blinked rapidly to readjust them to just waking up. Twist let out another small yawn, and reached out a hand to her side to find her purple glasses, smiling slightly when it finally laid upon them.

Slipping them into place, she pulled the covers off her body and got out of her bed. She went across the room to her giant closet and picked out her clothes for the day, a subtle beige sweater and blue jeans. She quickly brushed her teeth and combed her mane, which was silky and straight with a couple of curls. Twist smiled to herself in the mirror for a moment, thinking back in time. There were those bullies Diamond Tiara and Silverspoon. Strange how Diamond changed, not completely though, as she was a businessmare. And how she and Silverspoon ended up as friends.

Silverspoon's friendship was good for her business, and she had also earned a friend in Dinky. The filly left Ponyville years back because of her mother's promotion to royal mailmare and moved to Canterlot, which was a surprise to everypony. Dinky had almost mirrored Princess Twilight's life as a filly. She hatched a Rockodile, (no pun intended) not a dragon. Named it Pebble. Celestia knows that will not be how everypony thinks of it when it grows up.

She became Luna's protege later and earned her cutiemark. Suddenly, Twist's ears perked up to the sound of a bell jingling. Thinking it might be a robber, she quickly bolted down the stairs to the main floor, where her store was located. She almost tripped on her hoof as she rounded the corner, but sadly when she finally reached the bottom she tripped on box instead. . .Why had she put that there?"AAAAaaaAaHhHhh!!!!" The pony who had entered turned around and tried to move out of the way of the flying earth pony, but to no avail. Twist's muzzle smashed into the pony's gut, knocking the wind out of it, and both tumbled painfully onto the hardwood floor.

"Oww..." She made a muffled groan in pain on the pony's stomach. A finger tapped weakly onto her head, signaling her to get off. Twist slowly got her head off the pony's gut, her glasses crooked on the rim of her muzzle. A gasp came from the pony. Wondering why, Twist looked up to see the pony's face."Featherweight!?" "T-Twist!?"

The two looked at each other in surprise, years of never seeing each other since back in their youth in Ponyville's only schoolhouse. She noticed a pink blush creep its way onto his muzzle, still staring at him in confusion. Snapping back to reality, she realized she was still awkwardly on top of him and quickly removed herself from his waist.

"W-well what b-brings you here F-Featherweight?" Twist's awkwardness seemingly made the blush seemed to disappear a little from view, but still visible if you looked long enough. But then it came burning back."Uhh. . .Twist y-you might w-want to p-pull down your. . ." She looked at him as if he were crazy for a moment before realizing what he meant. Blushing furiously, she frantically pulled down her shirt, which had been revealing 'some parts'.

"What are you doing down here this early!? We haven't even opened up shop yet!" Twist gulped. It was her mother. Her grumpy in the morning mother."Featherweight, if you know what's good for you, leave before she tears you limb from limb" No need to tell him again, he rushed out the entrance leaving a light trail of dust behind him.

Seemingly out of nowhere, a paper flew onto Twist's face. Taking it off, she quickly scanned over it. Looks like I should return this to him. Maybe tomorrow though, he might come back today even, if he was here just now.

"Twist, you know I like to sleep in on Saturdays." Twist's mother grumbled from the store's cafe eating area."I know, I know." She stood over a delightful smelling pot cooking and bubbling on the stove. After mixing, stirring, and taste testing the soup was done. She picked up the pumpkin soup and (picking up a ladle)headed over to her mother."You made some pumpkin soup. Is it for me or the customers?" Twist giggled."It's for both of us mom!" Playfully punching her in the shoulder.

She pretended to be hurt and rubbed her shoulder as if it was wounded. They both shared a good laugh at this. Twist reached for two bowls from a nearby cabinet. Taking hold of her ladle, she poured them both the delicious orange-yellow liquid. After cleaning up both of their breakfast, Twist set up shop for the day and switched the sign around to OPEN.

Customers went in and out of the shop, buying different sweets located all over the shopping area. Some sat down to eat their chosen prizes, maybe with a partner, child, or friend. In other words, the store was alive and full of happy faces. Twist simply sat back while her mother worked the cash register, much to her annoyance though.

The shop continued on into the day with it's lovely atmosphere. The end of the day soon approached the daughter and mother much to their disappointment, so they retired for the night. Luna's moon slowly ascended into the night sky, blanketing Manehattan with it's silvery moonlight.

Twist put on her denim jacket, and left a note next to her blissfully sleeping mother. A calming, nice blast of fresh air made it's way over Twist. She inhaled the wonderful oxygen, slightly humid in the wonderful Summer night. Looking ahead of her, her thoughts drifted to Featherweight. Her hand absentmindedly making it's way towards her pants pocket, gently gripping the paper Featherweight had left behind.

Unfolding the paper, she found Featherweights address. I should return this to him. . .what could I use this for anyway? Quickly making sure she had the address burned into her brain, Twist hailed a taxi to Featherweight's home.

Author's Note:

Brutality with honesty is always appreciated. :twilightsmile: Originally going to be a oneshot, but decided to go with a cliffhanger. . . .Even though I hate those in stories. And if you're wondering, Bon Bon is Twist's mother. I have headcanons too! :scootangel:

Comments ( 17 )

Just an FYI, the proper terminology for legs describing a horse is unguligrade. Humans are plantigrade, and animals such as dogs and cats are digitigrade.

4196888 Eat your heart out Gummy.

4196888 Yep, just a more teenage Spike. :applejackunsure:

4197725 For some reason, I imagine shipping them. :rainbowderp:

So, just out of curiosity, is she like a centaur? You know hooved on her down parts (legs and feet) and human chested from the top, even if with a horse head? It sure is a strange mixture.

I like where this is going, as you know Feather x Twist is one of the pairs I do, mostly because some girl on the internet requested it, but I grew to enjoy the pair, I mean, it's...peculiar, but they're both (in the show), very shy foals who are background ponies and rarely talk, I can see it working, as for the story, well obviously she has grown and so has he, they must have stories to tell to each other, I can't wait for next chapter. Favorite!

4212223 Think of a Minotaur, but not exact. :applejackunsure:

4213924 Oh sure, I get it now, thank you!

4196729...

A friendly point-out, your cover-art is from the talented DeviantArt(ist) sherwoodwhisper.

So now you can properly credit him and Source Link the image.

:twistnerd:

Hmm Twist you really did a one eighty.
Power up from all sides.
Two point five.

That tell content is high.

Just reading your short bio for this story gave me an amazing idea for a story! It's nothing like this though, and I'll make sure you get noticed!

5854482 That's great! Notify me when you publish it?

This is really interesting, and the way you write! I've never seen anything like it.

Also, three nights ago, I dreamt about the place Twist was walking by, in your picture, but it was really dark and gloomy. I get these things a lot, but that really creeped me out... It did't subtract from your story though! It was amazing! You have a gift in writing! Although there were some grammatical errors, like I'm pretty sure that if there was one person talking, then another, they'd each have there own lines. Other than that, this story certainly doesn't get enough credit!

5855093 Sure :D

You're nice! I like you!

(Sorry if that was awkward... Kinda my special talent...)

5855097 Thanks a bunch, I'm still working in the next chapter to this! I've always felt this could become a great story to write, just because it gives me a chance to describe food, which is always going to be my favorite sensory detail for all time. Price of loving cooking I suppose. Not much of a punishment if you ask me.

5855103 Awkward is adorable('least in my book), and it being your special talent helps strengthen what others would commonly call a weakness. Thank you for being so kind as well.:twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment