• Published 14th Mar 2014
  • 7,313 Views, 65 Comments

Equestria Apocalyptica - BlakeTheDrake



The End of Days has come to Equestria. The Four Stallions of the Apocalypse ride across the realm. Twilight Sparkle finds a way to safeguard the kingdom, but it will require a grave sacrifice... and some help from her friends.

  • ...
32
 65
 7,313
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 11 )

5118968 ...yyyyeah, maybe don't check out the Bad End. :scootangel: Well, that's the point of a 'multiple choice ending', isn't it? You can pick the one you like, and ignore those you don't. It's all just fiction, so any of the endings is as valid as the rest.

Now that's happy end! Equestria is saved from the corruption. Element bearers sacrifice themselves, just as was planned initially. And everyone's happy! Well, the foals' parents may be a little upset their kids became whores, but the foals will bring so much joy into this world that it's worth some minor drawbacks. :trollestia:

On a more serious note, I really like this end the most. No matter the circumstances, death of civilization is the saddest thing I can imagine (well, besides wiping out all living things, but it's not too far behind). Sacrificing a few dozen ponies is worth saving the civilization, no doubts. And completely losing mind to some activity, stopping being a person with thoughts and feelings is death.

5120229

Good job, both endings were good.

Reading about the princess who sacrificed her self in the past in the same ritual, I wonder if that was actually Chrysalis who performed it. She and most of her subjects probably turned into changelings due to the corrupting effects from that ritual, or maybe she turned herself and subjects into changelings to prevent the corruption from getting out of hand.

5120945

Like I said, I know it sounds selfish of me when I said that, but in a story like this, I am cool with it. If it was them dying to save their civilization, I may have chosen otherwise but instead, they have to live the rest of their lives satisfying their "needs" in order to function as normal ponies in a society that would have condemned them for it.

In a story that centers its theme on sex and depravity (clop basically), the world can burn so long as the mane six are alright:pinkiecrazy:

it may not make much sense:derpytongue2: but that's just how I feel about the situation. After what the mane six has gone through, they deserve a break:ajsmug:

...even if it means that the world will burn:pinkiecrazy:

...now that I think about it, maybe its because the story is clop. when a story is clop, my tolerance levels to how fuck up the situation can possibly get skyrockets.

As for the ending, yeah, maybe so. I thought that it would be plausible on the "What if..." scenario of Twilight realizing the corruption much sooner than canon and getting the princesses help who aren't completely corrupted yet and nip this problem before it got deep enough for society to completely collapse. They succeeded but only stopped its decent to the point of no return. They just have to live and adapt to the current level of corruption that Equestrian civilization has.

uhhh...my worst fears realized:fluttershbad:. now I feel sad:fluttercry:. I told myself that I wouldn't read but I just had to be curious:facehoof:.

Oh well:twilightsmile:, this is just one of the multiple ending available so I am free to choose which ending happened and pretend that this ending never happened. Ever.

5121248 Hah, that never occurred to me... but actually, that makes a LOT of sense, doesn't it? The 'Happy Ending' establishes that the Power of Love can fight off the corruption, and the Changelings FEED on love. I can see that ancient princess - severely messed-up after singlehoofedly taking care of all of the Four Stallion, realizing the spread of the corruption and cursing the fates - deciding to transform herself and her people into parasitic creatures in a last-ditch effort to save them. Chrysalis' twisted form and mind would thus be a result of the torments she suffered at the hooves of the Four Stallions, and several thousand years worth of feeding on anything she could get her claws on in order to stave off the corruption. Damn, that's deep... and kinda' depressing.

Also kind of reminiscent of the Dark Eldar from Warhammer 40K, now that I think about it.

5122197

Well your story did feel a bit 40kish with the chaos gods instead of the four horsemen when it first came out.

5172074 Well, assuming you kept reading, I do hope I lived up to your lofty expectations. I had to leave a certain amount of headroom in the first couple of chapters so there'd be room to escalate later, y'know? If you remain unsatisfied by the time you reach chapter 4 and 5, I can only assume that long-term exposure to The Internet has left you remarkably desensitized. :pinkiecrazy:

5215923 Why, yes, 'the fuck' IS indeed at the very HEART of this tale. Truly, you have grasped the essence of my work... :moustache:

"broad tastes" sign me up!

Will they be an end specific sequel or is your next story a new one?

Login or register to comment