• Published 13th Mar 2014
  • 3,166 Views, 104 Comments

Just another soldier - RealityWarper

  • ...
27
 104
 3,166

Cheshire

Author's Note:

Now the next update I do, I can do the chapter for Episode 3 of MLP!

Weaving his way through the trees in Miss Applejack's garden, Aegis found himself almost expressing awe in just how many apples there truly were. It was only a shame he lacked the emotional prowess for such an act. He did however let his eyes narrow in appreciation for the perfect looking apples. The best he'd ever seen. Had he been a thief he would have snagged some of those apples off the tree. However, Aegis was many things. But he was not a thief.

Unless he was stealing from a thief.

That was another situation though.

Digressing, he noted he probably should have stuck to the path. The whole reason he was here was only because of the order he'd received from his higher up. He dreamed of the day when he would be alone and dying a nice painless death of old age.

'Soon...soon...' He thought glumly.

"Hey Aegis! Cheer up! Look on the bright side!" Ah, now this was someone he didn't hate.


This was Cheshire. He'd been Aegis's best friend ever since he was small. He was a black Pegasus with his eyes squint shut to a point where no one could actually see them. Since Aegis first met him, he'd only seen his eye color a few times. He had a mischievous foxy look to his squinted eyes. He was really exotic looking in terms of normal ponies, his mane was streaked with a tealish color while the none color part of his mane was a solid black. It was a long mane and made to purposely fall over his left eye. Though, it didn't quite reach there yet.His face was perfectly clear. The other off putting thing about this pony was his, to Aegis, annoying grin. To every one else it was terrifying. Even the princesses were disturbed at times by him. His teeth were are razor sharp like a monster from ones worst nightmares. It was proven that his teeth probably could bite through literally anything. His mouth was quirked into an smile that never left his face, stretching from corner to corner then a bit further. The toothy grin that was always shown was just annoying as ever. Or terrifying from another perspective.

Despite his terrifying appearance, he was all in all one of the most friendly creatures he'd ever met. Happy go lucky.

But by Celestia's beard he doesn't know when to shut the hell up.

Cheshire was a Night Guard given to Celestia as assurance that even in the night at Ponyville things would stay clear. It wasn't said why he was assigned to partner up with Aegis. But he was no fool, he wasn't born yesterday. She had been trying to butter him up. But she didn't realize that she left him with someone else on an easy trip that was easy to guard. Showing just how much she trusted him.

Hmph.

Annoyed, he finally replied to the little fly that wouldn't buzz off. It irked him how quirky his only real friend could be. He couldn't have a normal friend could he? No, he had to go and get the one that followed him around like a lost puppy.

"What bright side?" Aegis grounded out.

"I don't know! But when we find it we should look on it!"

"I.Fucking.Hate.You.Cheshire." He did nothing but grin at Aegis like the idiot he was. Then he bounced off up further. Like he was one some invisible bouncing boots or something. The weirdo. He tried to remember how he got tied into helping those mare. Oh, yeah. That's right.

'Princess Celestia' He thought irritably. Now, Aegis was a loyal guard. But if there was one thing he couldn't stand was ponies or creatures of higher rank then him and flaunting it like it was nopony's business. Aegis was the type to make it his business. Backing down to anyone, anypony was a mad notion. He was Aegis, impermeable wall of solid rock.

Tough like a rock.

Solid like a rock.

Boring like a rock.

And he was fine being boring, by all means let others believe what they want. It wasn't his business unless he could be pardoned from beating one of them to death.

Aegis allowed a small frown to blemish his otherwise smooth face. His thoughts were taking a dark turn for the worst. If he could just find the blasted path that would lead him to the backwater village's-

"-ping Gala!" Gala. Gala Gala. Where had this come up before?- HNNGGGGGG!

Earlier that day

Hospital 9:50am

Aegis sat in his hospital bed, Twilight Sparkle was recently released out of this god forsaken place. Leaving only the now none hidden Cheshire, Princess Celestia and himself. Though there were guards standing in the door just in case.The princess was gently sipping a cup of tea with an idle look on her face. Her magenta eyes scanned the room, then Aegis. Then Cheshire, though she did take a small moment to shiver as at Aegis's friend. Like normal, even without the wind her ethereal mane billowed softly in the invisible current.

"Aegis, Cheshire, tell me...What do you think about the Grand Galloping Gala?" 'I think it's as worthless as the royals attending are. It's by far even more boring than me. And I take pride in being boring. I hate it with all my might, and anyone who goes there should die a fiery death in ominous deep dark dank devious defiant deadly pits of Tartus. I could personally deliver justice.

"Love it."

"Hate it."

Aegis and Cheshire both turned to each other with 'wtf' written all over their face.

"What do you mean you hate/love it!?" The two said at the exact same time. Celestia looked baffled.

"Well to be honest I hate it. I just thought I'd spare myself the lecture from the Princess." Oops, Aegis said that out loud.

"Well, atleast you two aren't against expressing yourselves. Well, anyhow. I'm giving you two tickets to come to the Grand Galloping Gala! Isn't that exciting? By the way, it's not a request to go. It's an order." Princess Celestia had an amused twinkle in her eye beneath that serene motherly smile she had plastered upon her hiddenly smug face.

Words cannot express...the rage that Aegis felt at that moment, he snorted and went to tell off the princess before he reviewed that thought.

Tell off the princess.

That wasn't going to happen. Not yet anyhow.

Cheshire however expressed his thoughts differently.

"NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Cheshire had dropped to his haunches with in shock and horror, roaring to the heavens defiantly in a expression of denial. It was only too bad he hadn't had a choice in the matter. Cheshire let out a sob of depression, crawling pitifully to the princess with tears in his eyes. "Please! Don't make me go! I'm to young to die of boredom! Take Aegis! He's immune to boredom!" Aegis scowled at his friend's betrayal.

"Coward!" Aegis grounded out. 'If I go down you're going down with me.' Aegis put on his most stern face he could. "Princess, we accept. Both of us." Cheshire's head whipped to look at Aegis with a look that suggested he'd been betrayed as well. "That makes us even, traitor."

"An eye for eye leaves the whole world blind Aegis!" Cheshire scowled.

"That's not necessarily true. I still have my one eye, and you have yours.Not that you ever use them. You keep them squinted like you've got sand in your eyes."

"I've had sand in my eyes for the past ten years."

"Well, you two are just lovely company. It'll be great to have you at the Gala." Princess Celestia took a sip of her tea with the smile still on her face, but Aegis could see behind her false mask. She was trying to provoke them, rile them up. Well, he wasn't going fall for it. Sadly the same can't be said for Cheshire though.

"Have your laughs today Princess. Because I'm going to have Luna prank you for this." Cheshire scowled, then spread his bat wings and flew out the hospital window.

Thunk!

"Ow!" Tried to fly out the window. The idiot forgot windows existed. "Who put this window here? Ugh, windows shouldn't even exist."


Big Macintosh let out a small smile with a hum of approval.

"You look happy about something. Did you finally find a nice mare to settle down with?" Doctor Whooves raised a brow at Big Mac.

"Eeeeenope."


"Ow! Ow! Ow!" The idiot apparently kept flying into the window to force himself out. Apparently he never heard of lifting it.

CRASH!

The sound of glass shattering and then hitting the floor as Cheshire flew through the window instead of opening it.

Aegis let out a sigh of annoyance.

This would be a long day.


Present

Aegis sighed once more. He wasn't lying when he said what he did earlier.`

"-wonderbolts!" Damnit.

Comments ( 12 )

After reading the first four lines of the description, I was expecting a Maud Pie ship.

5029506 I'm still expecting a Maud Pie ship, to be honest.

Tough like a rock.
Solid like a rock.
Boring like a rock.

this guy should meet maud, they would really hit it off

Right gotta make this comment before Reading. With all the mentions of Rocks it would likely have been so much better set post season 4 so Maud Pie could be in it... and make a joke that he's Hot like a Rock.

5029728 As far as I'm concerned, season 4 doesn't exist. Only because Maud is my favorite character(I tend to like characters with no emotion, not angst. Not that those aren't good, but emotionless people seem better for comedy.), will I probably add her in the current timeline.

I thought this story was over... Bravo my good brony, Bravo!

He seemed very OOC compared to the other chapters.
-Talkative.
-Acted pretty much like a generic MLP Pony.
-Seemed stupid.
-Poor attempt at comedy.

I think you've gotten rusty at writing this fic.

5030085 Not very, he's talking more. Yes. But because of his friend. Despite just for the sake of the story, I can't see the realism of having him be cold to someone he's befriended since childhood.

As far as I'm concerned, he acted as he should. And stupid? How'd he seem stupid?

Also, it wasn't really a poor attempt at comedy on his part. Simply how he thought around his friend.

Unless of course, that was aimed at me.

Then you might be right.

5031252 The stupid part was when he accidentally said something aloud when he was [Trying] to just think it.

Also, after reading over my comment again, I apologize for the tone of which I said it. I ment' for my comment to be more helpful than hurtful.

5032035 It's fine! As for the accident part it was meant to be sarcasm, but sarcasm isn't exactly my best forte... :fluttercry:

...is this the end of the story?
:fluttershysad:

Login or register to comment