• Published 17th Feb 2014
  • 985 Views, 16 Comments

TCB: The End of Magic(Or at least Equestria) - Dragonlover553



Celestia dies in agony.

  • ...
37
 16
 985

Epilogue: Earth

"So Japan fall." Said a man in a tavern.
"Really? Weren't they the first ones to sign up for the whole learn- magic thing,get their swords enchanted and get right to fighting the supernatural?"
"Yeah."
"So how the [censer] did they fall 83rd? I'm just saying, there are like 7 African countries left and they only had like a million people to start with. Japan should have been in the last 10."
"Don't ask me dude. Still, plenty of hunters and witches there, sure they'll be fine."
"When has any country ever been fine since the whole: Equestria thing?"
"USA, right after Equestria vanished?"
"Oh yeah, all their fake psychics suddenly became real psychics. And they had a lot of those. Not to mention all the Wiccans who signed up to become witches. They had a lot of those."
"True. Still, when the main monster force hit them, man, it was a massacre. So many overweight guys too used to just being able to go across the street to get food. Still, somehow America is still running. Somehow."
"Probably cause of the few people who actually worked out."
"What was that, like 25% of America?"
"I have no idea."

Comments ( 6 )
Comment posted by Cloudhammer deleted Feb 19th, 2014

3961607
It's the attitude of the so-called "Pro-TCB" stories that have Celestia standing in support of the Conversion movement, that some folks seem to want to twist into making Celestia be an Orwellian overlord at best, and a clone of Hitler/Stalin at worst; simply because they don't like the perceived implication that humanity has to undergo the change to a different species in order to survive the events of the story.

What to this day I still fail to understand is why, if they dislike the TCB concept so much, they are driven to write drivel like this and other fics that seek to take the most negative interpretations to the extreme, as opposed to writing a story that has the elements that they want to have and takes out the ones they don't. Don't like humans having to face an oncoming Barrier? Then don't have it in your story. Don't like someone else's interpretation of Celestia? Then make your own, and don't use it to belittle other people's ideas.

Sorry for getting a little bit ranty there, but this is a somewhat touchy subject to me, given that I write "Pro-TCB" stories :rainbowlaugh:

3968309 Its most because humanity just lies down and dies, or when they do fight their either complete assholes or just die in an instant, its offends some people that are proud to be human to see a story that makes humanity look like a bunch of fuckin' barbarians by those authors you know who im referring to here.

4346135
>implying humanity isn't barbaric in anti-TCB stories

6500079
The only TCB stories I read where Humans were barbaric were Chat's

Login or register to comment