• Published 30th Apr 2012
  • 1,198 Views, 17 Comments

Fallout Equestria : MaelStorm of The Wasteland - Harb



After a day of you and your father leaving a stable, your whole life can change.

  • ...
6
 17
 1,198

First Goodbyes

"We will meet again, under the Iron Sky."


I woke up on the cold metal floor. I slowly got up, and looked over at Calypso. She was gone, the straps broke open, and a note written on paper on the table. I weakly got up and went to it. Maelstorm, I saw what you did. We need to talk. P.S., 13 found me and let me out, we are trying to find a way back to Equestria.
I sighed. I had most likely just screwed up our friendship with my savagery . "Maelstorm, do you hear me?" Mundas asked, just now coming on the radio in my Pip-buck.
"Yes, I do." I replied, my voice hoarse.
"Okay, how goes the search?" He replied.
"Well, I spoke with a pony placed in a potato, saw a creature called a Harbinger, and I have most recently discovered my capacity for hatred and violence." I replied weakly, recalling the recent event of me becoming pitiless.
"Yikes." He replied.
"Yah, if it wouldn't be to much, I need some time alone." I said.
"Sure, just call when you need me." He replied, and then the radio went to static.
I wandered around the room, looking for my gear. I walked out of the control room and down a nearby hallway, thinking where Calypso and my gear was. "Well, I see you've encountered some of the Eyes side effects." Bloodstone's voice said with an echo. "Yes, you could have warned me that it could devoid me of all pity and sympathy!" I said, enraged. "Yes, I did forget to mention that." He said, a bit of shame in his voice. "Forget!? You forget leaving food in the oven! You forget a keycard to get into a Stable security room! YOU DO NOT FORGET A BIOMECHANICAL DEVICE THAT CAN MAKE SOMEONE A EMOTIONLESS MONSTER!!" I screamed in fury, hoping that Bloodstone would leave and take the Eye with him. Bloodstone replied with a chuckle. "That is the beauty of it. It will make you a savage or a paragon." I sighed and sat in the hallway.
I looked down at my Pip-Buck, my Eye now a simmering blue. "Bloodstone. Kill me now." I said, tears beginning to well up. "The one pony who I've had a lifelong friendship with, now hates me. If you have any sympathy at all, you will kill me." I added.
Through the tears of my eyes I began to see the Eye shift to a low purple. "I can't kill you, and even if I could, I would be destroying the last chance of the Eye ever coming back. Not to mention all of the other things that require the Eye to work. I'm sorry for what the Eye has brought you, but neither you nor I can take it back." He replied. "Well, what if I have someone cut it out. Stab me in this accursed part of me?" I asked, hate of the Eye beginning to well up. "You cant, as it is bound to you, its fully installed itself in your head. If you do, you will die anyway." Bloodstone replied. "Good, then this life wont be bothering me anymore!" I screamed back. I slid down onto the floor from the wall, weeping. I put my hooves up to my eyes, a massive flow of emotions welling up inside me.
I hear metal clinking on metal, but I didn't look up. If something of this place would kill me, let it. I took my hooves off my face after I stopped crying and looked up. A metallic pony in a lab coat was looked down at me. "If you have a gun, shoot me now." I said. The pony shook its head from side to side. "Why not? My entire friendship with a pony I've known has been ruined. Just because of this." I said, pointing at my Eye. He quickly motioned for me to follow him. I shrugged and got up to follow him. He walked down a hallway, signs labelled 'The Oracle' pointing down it. We soon came to a steel door. The pony knocked a series of hoof beets on it and the door slid open.
I stepped into a dark room, and the door slid shut behind me, the pony beside me. Blue lights began to flicker on, in the room. What I saw next made my jaw drop and make me ask what the hell I was seeing. Before me stood a massive computer, with electricity sparking from massive coils on side of it, a large swath of keys before it on a keyboard that went up to my chest, and a label on it stating it as 'The Oracle'. The pony went up to the keyboard and typed in several letters. A small scroll of paper came out of a printer next to the keyboard. I went up and held it in my hooves. Hello, sorry I havent spoken, it said. I turned towards the pony. He nodded toward the scroll. "So, why cant you speak?" I asked. The pony typed in several other words. The speaker on my suit is broken. "Ah, so your wearing a suit Mr ?" I asked, leaning on the keyboard. Yet another series of words. Yes, all scientist of the Equilibruim wear them, its kinda required for us to work here, as for my name, its Oroboros "As Interesting as that is, lets get to the giant super computer standing infront of me. What the hell is it?" I asked, my curiosity peaked. This is The Oracle, the central computer core and mainframe housing of this station. It also uses magic rivaling that of several Alicorns to activate its namesake. "And that it?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. Why are you being so bloody thick? It tells the future. Bad part is, the theory of using it to see the future would not only cause the entire station to collapse on itself like a sun, but it would bring the entire universe on with it. "Well, in the case it does, at least then I wouldn't have to live anymore." I said, looking down. Sorry, but I can't, I like my life. I grabbed Oroboros's lab coat between my hooves and pulled him up to my face. "Listen: my entire life has been destroyed in the past few days, and a major part of it just shattered." I whispered to him, my voice full of bitterness. Oroboros gave me a fearful nod. I let him go and turned to the keyboard.
He began to type in several codes. Almost as soon as he took his hooves off the keyboard, the massive coils began to flare, electricity jumping and turning a whole myriad of colors. The lights flickered on and off, the bolts of electricity growing more and more rapid. Finally the glass bulbs on top of the coils shattered, electricity flying everywhere out of the massive bulbs I ducked so that the glass wouldn't hit me. It stopped all at once. The lights shut off "Is the universe dead?" I asked. The lights came back on slowly. I looked up, the chaos settling. A small piece of ticker tape came out of the printer.
The two both shall meet again, under the sky of iron. THIS WAS IT!!! THE ENTIRETY OF WHAT JUST HAPPENED!!! JUST FOR A PIECE OF TICKER TAPE!!! "This is it? All of that, just for a little piece of paper?!" I asked. "Back up generators activating, Oracle repair process beginning." A computerized voice said over the intercom. I looked around and sighed.
A brief flicker came on across a small screen on a shelf next to the keyboard. The flicker became the display of a security camera. "13, we need to find a way out of here." Came the voice of Calypso. "I know, but what about Maelstorm?" He asked. "13, Maelstorm's become too dangerous, we have to let him find his own way out." Calypso replied. The screen finally died, along with some more of my sanity.
Oroboros typed in a few more words. Its not the size of the paper, but what it conveys. "Oh shut up, you just didn't have some more of your life die." I replied, downtrodden as I began to walk away, Oroboros timidly following me. After interrogating Oroboros about my gears location, he directed me to a closet in one of the hallways. I arrived at the door and tried to open it, but to no avail. I sighed, and began to concentrate my magical energy on the inner lock, turning its mechanism to open the door. It clicked, and I pulled back the door. Inside there was a crate with its top open.
The Bloodrose was sitting on top of the pile, staring at me. I sighed, and focused my energy on it. I leveled with my head, and with a flash of every memory in my head, ending with the wretched stream of events that had occurred, pulled the trigger.
A click came in response along with the suicidal urge fleeting from me. I sighed again and looked through the crate until I found my armor. I slipped into it, and after a series of rummaging through a crate, had each one of my guns, items, and ammo back where they where.
I turned towards O. "Show me to the nearest teleport." I said. Without even meaning to do so, I raised the Auto to O's head. Odder then, I made no move to stop myself, like the feeling was something I was meant to do. O nodded timidly, and brought me down the chrome hallway.
We came to a door, after a series of intertwining hallways. Inside was a teleporter. I waived my gun over to what I suspected was the control panel. O obliged as I stepped into the middle of it, and raised my gun back to the direction of his head. "Send me back to where I came from." I said, hoping he knew what I meant. He nodded quickly and began to type in coordinates. When he stopped, lights began to flair up around me.
Just as it began to get into full swing, I pulled the trigger magically, the bullet slamming in between O's eyes. I gave a grim smile. Killing him felt good.
In a flash of light, I was in a torrent of snow, the lights of the town flickering. I had one thing on my mind: blood. I wanted the pleasure of what I got from killing O on everypony in that town. No thought, no reason, just blood. Part of me, granted an extremely small part of me, protested, saying I was better than mindless bloodlust. The rest of me, what my Eye had already gotten to, protested back. It put forward how Calypso and 13 had abandoned me, how I now had massive power in my hooves. With a grim smile, I began to walk off towards the town, one thing my mind: blood, precious blood.

Author's Note:

Maelly's descent into madness is getting steeper and steeper.

Comments ( 1 )

Well, he eventually will, but the thing about the eye is that, the more bloodthirsty, angry, or depressed its wearer gets, the weaker they become, mentally, eventually to the point of becoming feral, aswell as extreme physical strength. The stronger morally its wearer becomes, the happier, blissful or content, the more weak they become physically, but the stronger mentally. The first effect is also activated in terms of emotional, mental, or physical trauma, which Maelstorm has endured all three, thus the blood thirst.

Login or register to comment