• Published 30th Apr 2012
  • 1,198 Views, 17 Comments

Fallout Equestria : MaelStorm of The Wasteland - Harb



After a day of you and your father leaving a stable, your whole life can change.

  • ...
6
 17
 1,198

Healing Potions and Balefire Cocktails

"Note to self, never get in a drinking game in the Wasteland."


Well, a hydra, a harbinger of death, an almost inkillable monster, was, according to a bartender, alive and in an abandoned stable with an open door. So, in fear of a living hydra, I opened the book. I flipped through until I saw a page titled 'Bestiary'


Oh yah, I also forgot to tell you, this book also has a bestiary and an

alchemical guide, use these well.


The first creature is the hydra, a multi headed creature which breathed acid and fire. Once a head is chopped, two more will grow, so there is only one known way to kill it, you must chop off a head then use fire to seal the wound before two more heads can take it's place. There are two friends of mine that can be very useful in this, the clear cutter shell and The God Killer, see page 2 and 3.

So I turned to page two, a picture of a metal shotgun shell with a luminescent red line running long wise down the shell.

This is The God Killer, it's something that is used to kill alicorns and any other types of creatures with exquisite regenerative abilities. The recipe for this round is 3 tea spoons napalm, 2 teaspoons white phosphorous, 3 pinches of black powder, and 3 small ball bearings. Then load into a fireproof metal shotgun shell, then fire, note: the black powder is placed near the back of the shell when fired to those of you missing half a brain.

I then turned to page 3.

Now, this may seem like a normal shotgun shell, but within it, if made correctly, can decapitate a pony at point blank range. The secret is that the shrapnel within it is made from a special titanium copper allow, so when using this it can go through the density and thickness of a hydra neck, very useful when paired with the God Killer and the BloodRose, as it has a revolver set to it, and when paired with a dual barrel sawed off. This will provide 8 rounds in the large revolver chamber, so place the clear cutter shell in the first setting, then the God Killer in the next two, then repeat again then you have the bane of a hydra.

I looked up to see a Zebra, damn they can be silent if they want to.

"Can I help you?"

"I am Infidus, and I see that you are reading of the God Killer round. I think I have something can you are also looking for." The Zebra said with a thick accent

"And what's that?"

I looked up to see the Zebra holding the familiar long barreled sawed off.

"Wait, how did you get that?"

"I know some ponies, who know some ponies, who robbed some ponies."

"OK, and what do you want for?"

"My people crave knowledge,- He said eyeing the book desirably- your book would suffice, but if you are to attached to it. If you could beat my friend and I in a drinking game." I Looked away from him to see another zebra step out of the shadows of the bar.

"Ok, deal."

"Hey 13."

"What, want to get in a drinking game with some Zebra's?"

"Sure. Hey SteelHeart, get the drinks."

13 said to SteelHeart.

"Ok, I'm going to get the Canterlot wine, it's very strong stuff."

Steelheart said as he opened the door to a wine cellar. He came back with a wine bottle which in tattered letters read 'Canterlot Reserve'

"Ok, wasteland rules, if you go three rounds without being knocked out, then you win what the challenger of the game wagers, if you win, you can also do anything you want with the loser." SteelHeart stated over our table with a row of three large wine glasses in front of us

13 leaned over and whispered to me. "Are you sure this will work?"

I laughed and said. ''I have no idea! Haha."

So I was first. I raised the glass with my hoof and said. "To the hopeful possibility that you won't do terrible things to me if I go unconscious."

So I poured it down, the taste was pleasant, the drowsiness was not. So 13 was up, he drank it down fairly easily. The first zebra drank the glass, he almost fell over, but gathered himself then stood back up, the second one, a much larger zebra, about 13's size. He had no problem, like 13. So my turn again ,fearing the terrible things that would follow, I just got it out of the way.
Then the drowsiness hit me again with much more force. I almost fell off my chair, but through force of will I held my ground, er stool. "Isha thert arl yur ger?"

Oh no, the drunken slurs, speak correctly you fool! So, after five minutes and another round, I gave up all hope of not having terrible things done to me in my sleep by a zebra, dammit wasteland, why are so demented!?

So, last round, the probability of getting a shotgun when combined with two rounds, could take down a hydra, or ungodly things done to me. So I drunk it down.

"You did it, you won BloodRose."

"Yuar derm reigh I ded."

Then I blacked out, before I did however I heard myself hitting the floor.



I us to see the sun shining through a thatch roof.

"Well, you're finally awake."

I looked from the bed I was in, well a small mat of straw, to see a small zebra female.

"Who are you?"

"You may just call me Athena."

"OK Athena, where am I, where's 13, and you haven't by any chance seen two zebra's with a shotgun, have you?"

"You are in a small hut, which I dragged you to after you fell drunkenly on the floor, outside of that village, you're friend is in my storage closet, and you're shotgun is held by my brother,who leads a raider's camp a few miles down, your equipment is beside you, and I took off all your clothes."

"Great, this is what I get for getting into a drinking game."

Athena giggled at the joke.

"Well, seeing as the thatch your sitting on is fire thatch, if you wore you clothes in it, you would have baked."

"Oh, I suppose it has a form of capturing sunlight then holding it, so thus warming the pony, but if I had wore a coat already adapted to heat the body would have friend me in my skin?"

"Correct."

"And you can verify this how?"

"While my brother was playing with his friends and being a bully, I scavenged for books on botany."

"Clever girl, now if you excuse me, I must get dressed, release my friend from you're broom closet, and then go get my gun. Why is he in the closet anyway?"

"I just wanted to do it for a laugh or two."


So after putting on my clothes, getting my gun and loading it, and getting 13 out of the closet.

I slowly turned the doorknob. 13 was asleep, next to a broom, standing longways.

"13."

"13!!" I screamed.

He woke up with a snap then fell out of the closet and onto the floor.

"Where are we?" He asked.


So after explaining to him where we where, we set off. Me with the 95 auto, him with his crossbow. The hut was in a small niche, surrounded by the mountain expect where we exited. Athena came running out with a saddle bag.

"Wait, you'll need these."

"What are they?" I asked

"They're balefire cocktails, it's something my father taught me to make to survive, you'll need to light the cloth then throw them, nature will take care of the rest, there are also some healing potions in here. You may need them."

"Why?" 13 asked.

"I want you to destroy my brothers camp, by destroy, I mean burn it to the ground."

"Are you sure, I mean, he is you're brother."

"He stopped being my brother when he became a raider."

I game a solemn nod then took the pack.



As we walked, the mountain went into a gradual decline and some of the snow began to reside. The sun began to set revealing the night sky.

"Ah 13, is their nothing more beautiful than the night sky. I mean, this is my first time seeing it, and it's fascinating."

"I'd have to say yes, it is so calming to see such beauty."

"Yes, the one thing untouched by destruction. I will cry the day it's beauty ends as well."

"Why do we even sleep at night?"

"Well, we could become nocturnal."

"MaelStorm, as you can see, I don't really understand you're large words."

"Nocturnal means to sleep in the day and live in the night."

"Oh, well, I think I can see the camp."

I was turned behind him, marveling at the night sky.

"And how do you figure that?"

I turned around to see a camp with flood lights showing out from it a metal wall encompassing it, and several zebra's on patrol in the area. Beyond the camp was a frozen plain.

"Ah buck."

I whispered to 13 as I motioned to get down. He gave a nod then unslung the crossbow from his back. He loaded an arrow from the quiver then set it the crossbow. I pulled out the 95 auto then aimed down the iron sights on the head of a zebra standing on the wall. I squeezed the trigger with my magic.

For some reason there was no sound, but the zebra went down easily. 13 aimed down the sight of the crossbow, on what I have no idea, then fired, an arrow stuck into the neck of another guard. Apparently he wasn't dead yet and he triggered the alarm. So a siren went up. I heard a bullet just wiz past my head, others hit the snowbank.

I did something with my Pip-Buck I have never done, I entered SATS. The world went into crawling speed. So I used this to organize the situation. There where 10 guards left, I aimed a shot for another one on the wall, and one on the ground near the wall. I let SATS go, zebra on the wall fell, I think there was a large hole in his stomach. The other bullet didn't exactly go well.

Then I came to the realization, we where ether going to die here, or get out of here with as much experience as we have ever had. Just then 13 grabbed a balefire cocktail out of my pack.

"MaelStorm, if you please could light this."

I ducked behind the cover then lit the cloth. 13 threw it on the wall, a wall of flame sprang up on the wall and 3 zebras around them. So he got another and I lit it again, another wall of flame and death, soon there was one zebra left guarding the wall. I got out from under the bank, my gun trained on the zebra.

"Drop you're gun, or I'll shoot."

"I don't think you have the guts for it."

"OK." I smiled, for some reason, then I put the gun up to the zebras head.

"Look into my eye's, and say that I wouldn't hesitate to kill you."

I tried to make myself to look as crazy as possible. The zebra kept staring into my purple eyes. Then he dropped the gun.

"Who are you?" He asked with fear

Who was I now, I couldn't risk having FallenWing knowing I was alive, I at least had that element.

"I am Vanguard. Now, know that I spare you for one reason, and one reason only, I wish to become known, so go, before I put a bullet in you're head."

The zebra, apparently being scared, nodded then ran off with a frantic expression on his face.

"Well that was fun." 13 complimented.

"Yes now, lets get my gun."

I went to the gate, a small fence between the walls. By now the fire had died out on the metal. I fired the gun at the latches holding the gate closed. In the middle was Infidus, looking very mad, holding BloodRose in his mouth, ready to fire. I went into SATS again, this time I aimed for his head, I went out of SATS, well, lets just say, we where scrubbing gore off of ourselves for some time. I went over to get my gun ,it seemed fitting, almost like it belonged with the 95. auto. Then my vision blurred out in a red haze.




Energy Weapons increased to 24| Speech increased to 23| Sneak increased to 20|