• Published 11th Feb 2014
  • 2,182 Views, 42 Comments

A Broken Butterfly - Durant



Fluttershy has been emotionally broken by her ex-coltfirend and her friends want to get her back to normal, by fixing each problem one by one. Rainbow Dash also decides to tell Fluttershy about her feeling for her.

  • ...
13
 42
 2,182

Rumble In A Cottage

Time Tickers hoof pressed down on Pinkies head. Pinkie wasn't sure what do to she couldn't move, then suddenly the hoof was was taken off and a loud pound was heard. Rarity quickly picked Pinkie up, she hit him hard with her back legs, and now her hoofs hurt as well. Time Ticker looked at the two mares, who were shaking a bit as he walked closer to them. All of Fluttershy animals ran upstairs and hid.

“Not so faster!” a voice boomed as a rainbow blur zoomed in and tackled him to the floor. Time Ticker looked up at Rainbow Dash who was taking an offensive stance.

“You wait here sugar cube, we’ll take care of him.” Applejack told Fluttershy as she ran in to the cottage. Applejack ran beside Rainbow ready to help in the fight, she snorted and Time Ticker lowered his head.

“Get Rarity and Pinkie outside” Rainbow Dash said under her breath.

"Are you sure you can hold your own aginst him?" Applejacked asked. Rainbow dash nodded, pawing at the floor a little bit.

Applejack nodded back and ran over to her friends, Time Ticker took a swing at her, put was blocked by a head butt from Rainbow Dash. Applejack quickly put Rarity and Pinkie on her back and ran outside. Rarity let out a grunt of pain as she was lifted onto Applejacks back. Pinkies eyes watered a bit as she was picked up, but she didn't say anything. Applejack ran outside gently placed her friends down. Fluttershys eyes widened as she saw how hurt her friends were.

“Rarity, Pinkie.. I’m sorry. This is my fault” Fluttershy quietly sobbed and wrapped her hoofs around them.

"Its not you fault, darling" Rarity said as she hugged her back.

“Try and help them with their injuries while Rainbow and take care of him” Applejack said as she ran back inside.

"Fluttershy, I don't know if Rainbow and Applejack can stop him, you should hide us, and run." Pinkie said looking at her. Fluttershy started to gathering branches just in case Pinkie was right

Applejack ducked she entered the cottage as a vase was thrown by Time Ticker. Rainbow Dash tried to knock him down with a tackle, but he jumped out of the way, and smacked her to the ground. He ran and jumped ready to land on her, as Applejack bucked him harder than she had ever hit any tree before, while he was still in the air. He went flying into the kitchen and smashed into the table, smashing it to pieces.

“Are you sure this will us cover us up?” Rarity asked, Fluttershy nodded as placed a few more branch on top of her friends. Soon she had completely hid them, now if Time Ticker came out he wouldn't see them. She stood in front of the pile hoeing it wouldn't come to him coming out, at least not awake. A loud smashing sound was heard and a cry from Applejack come from inside.

Applejack fell the floor after Time had hit her hard, Rainbow got in front of her as Time towards them to end it. He didn't stop and slammed both mares, send flying , and crashing into a wall, Time slowly walked towards them. Suddenly a large rock hit him in the head, causing him to stagger a bit. He turned to see who was there, but didn't see anypony, but then felt four hoof land on his back them jump off. He was ready to turn back around but felt a hot burning feeling on his flank and ran outside in panic and pain,lost in pain he slammed into a tree. He scowled as he looked back in the house saw a lavender pony and a dragon on her back, but out of the corner of his eye he saw a creamy yellow and pink pony. He smiled as Fluttershy cowered down at the sight of him. Fluttershy wanted to run, but she could leave Rarity and Pinkie there, even if they were hidden.

“There you are Fluttershy, I've been looking for you. Now get over here, where you belong.” Time said as he slowly got closer.

“GET AWAY FROM HER, NOW!” Rainbow shouted as she bolted towards him. He reared back causing Rainbow to fly right past him. She turned around to try and hit him, but Time quickly bucked Rainbow hard in the chest. The wind was knock out of her, she had never felt pain like that before, slowly she feel off the short cliff near Fluttershy’s cottage. Fluttershy ran over to the side and saw Rainbow laying down, her eyes were open, but she looked like she couldn’t move “Rainbow” Fluttershy said slowly looking at her. Rainbow looking up at her and gave her an “I’m sorry” look. A new feeling formed inside Fluttershy, a feeling that she hadn't felt in a long time. It just kept building, as Twilight and Applejack ran out of the house. Fluttershy looked at Time, but there was no fear only rage and anger.

“YOU…DON’T…HIT..MY…FRIENDS, AND YOU DON”T HURT MY MAREFIREND!” Fluttershy shouted out, as she spread her wings. Twilight and Applejack were in shock, never before had they seen Fluttershy act this aggressive before.

“What’s that defiant look in your eye? Whatever it is, it won’t be there for long.” Time said as he ran towards her, Fluttershy got a little lower. Fluttershy quickly hit him had in the chest pushing him back a bit, Fluttershy bucked him in the jaw, and hit him hard with one of her front hoofs. Time tried to stomp on her, but she flew out of the way, and bucked him again causing him stand on his hind legs. He tried to land back on all four hoofs, but he was starting to fall backward, Fluttershy delivered a head butt causing him to fall, done the same cliff Rainbow did, he landed with a thud, next to Rainbow. He slowly got up and Fluttershy flew down, but stopped as Time picked Rainbow up. He positioned his hoof in way were he could crack Rainbow neck in half a second.

“You shouldn't have done that, you just cost this mare her life.” Time said.

“No, please don’t hurt her, I’ll do anything.” Fluttershy pleaded, tears forming in her eyes.

“Stupid Mares always think-“Time time was hit hard, and was sent to the ground, two guards, held him down. Rainbow quickly fly over to Fluttershy and gave her a hug. Turning back to the scene, there were many guards nearby, some come over to them , other went to her friends, and into her house, behind them was Princess Celestia, looking down at Time. Twilight smiled at the sight of her, and ran over to greet her teacher.

“Princess Celestia, what are you doing here?” Twilight asked. Celestia looked at her student and smiled.

“Something told me I had to come here and to bring a few guards with me.” Celestia said as she watched her guards pick Time up and escorted him to a cart nearby. “I guess I was right, it seemed your friend Rainbow was in trouble.” Celestia answered.

“So what are you going to do with him?” Twilight asked.

“I’m not sure yet, but he's not going to be kept some where for a long time.” Celestia answered.

“Thank you princess, for everything” Rainbow said flying towards her.

“I don’t know how I will ever repay you.” Fluttershy followed. “If anything happened to Rainbow, I don’t know what I would have done “Fluttershy continued, nuzzled against Rainbow.

“There is no need to thank me, if want to thank someone thank Twilight. If she hadn't report him, I may not have been here.” Celestia said as she turned back to Twilight. Rainbow and Fluttershy gave Twilight a hug, thanking her while doing so.

“Well, I guess I should be leaving now, I’ll send you a letter with an update soon. Celestia said as she gave Twilight a hug, and flew off after her guards.

***
Two weeks have passed since Time was asserted. No word from Celestia on what she planned to do with him, but Twilight knew she’s get word soon. Fluttershy had been spending a lot of time With Rainbow Dash and Applejack, she almost back to her normal self. Rarity had a backlog of orders, and no one other than Sweetie Belle had seen her since she started working again. Pinkie was doing, what she had always been doing, partying with everypony who wants too. Twilight was looking out a window ready to tell Spike something,Twilight looked at Spike who was just playing solitaire, and wondered how he would take the news. Twilight went over what she was going to say a few time sin her mind, and looked at Spike,

“Hey Spike, I need to talk to you about something.” Twilight said. Spike looked up and gave Twilight his full attention.

“As you knew Cherilee and I are getting very serious, and we thinking about living together…here.” Twilight said.

“Aren't you moving a little fast?’ Spike asked. Twilight gave it some thought and shook her head no.

“Not really, I guess if you don’t know how well we are together you might think that, but we both think it’s time.” Twilight answered.

“Are you kicking me out?” Spike asked.

“Not unless you want to leave, I’m just asking you to not sleep upstairs anymore.” Twilight answered.

“Oh, ok, I was getting a little worr-BURP!” A letter feel out of his mouth. Twilight quickly picked the letter up and started to read it. She smiled, and started walking towards the door.

“I got to go see Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash. We’ll talk about this when I get back” Twilight said as she flew off.

Twilight flew towards Rainbows house, but stopped as she saw her doing something with the clouds. Twilight go closer and looked at her, Rainbow turned around and smiles as she sat Twilight.

“Hey Twi, what can I help you with?” Rainbow asked.

“Well, I just wanted to come by and tell you Time Ticked in being sent to the Crystal Empire.” Twilight said.

“Why there?” Rainbow asked.

“I don’t know Celestia didn't say why, the letter just said that he would be held there until he was mentally sound. My guess is, he is there so, when he is mentally sound can start a new life.” Twilight answered.

“Like he’s ever going to be mentally sound.” Rainbow said under her breath.

“What was that?” Twilight asked.

“Nothing” Rainbow said, Twilight looked at the clouds Rainbow was holding.

"What are you doing, if you don't mind me asking?" Twilight asked.

"Its a surprise for Fluttershy" Rainbow said.

"What kind of surprise?' Twilight asked.

"I don't want anyone before Fluttershy, I'll tell you later."

"Ok, I'll let you get back to whatever you're doing." Twilight said and flew off. Rainbow looked at what she had made and decided it was time to show Fluttershy, she quickly flew home.

"Welcome home Rainbow" Fluttreshy said , she quickly flew over to Rainbow and kissed her, Rainbow kissed her back.
.
“Shy, there’s something I want to show you outside.” Rainbow said looking at the door.

“Ok, do you want to show me now?” Fluttershy asked. Rainbow nodded and started walking towards the door, Fluttershy quickly followed Rainbow outside. Rainbow slowly started to flew upwards, and looked back and Fluttershy and smiled. Fluttershy slowly followed Rainbow. They flew for a few minutes, Rainbow look back at Fluttershy a couple of times, but wouldn't say anything. Rainbow stopped and turned towards Fluttershy. Fluttershy stopped and looked her confused, until Rainbow points downwards. Fluttershy looked at what Rainbow was pointing at, and tears started to form in her eyes, as she wrapped her hoofs Rainbow smiling.

“Is that a yes?” Rainbow asked, Fluttershy nodded. Down below them was a message which was written out of clouds, the message read “Will you marry me?”

Author's Note:

The ending was a little different at first, I was going to have Timer Ticker die, but I thought that was a little to dark for me, so i went this ending.I feel the Twilight x Cherilee side story was a little rushed, but like I said that wasn't even going to be in story, and they aren't the main focus any way. That's the end of the story. i hope you enjoyed it.

Comments ( 11 )

Having the romance not being the focus of the story is no excuse for a rushed romance.

4130188 I think everyone dose

I more or less enjoyed this but I felt like it ended really suddenly. the story is more or less cruising along, then it gets intense and then oh hey everything is fine for everypony now. yay

4239726 For this story,or in general?

WHAT NO THAT CAN'T BE THE END!!!








AND NOW WE CRY, AN EMPTY SHELL OF THE MEN WE ONCE WERE!!!

4271739 Was the story sad?

4272847 No, I just wish there was more.








AND NOW WE RUN!!!

`Hey man, I just want to say that I think the idea here is great. I read the entire story in one sitting, but I have to say I am disappointed. Not because of the grammar or anything (I know mine needs work), but in the way you handled the subject matter. Domestic abuse, in any form, is something I take very seriously. In fact it's something everyone should take seriously. I don't know how informed on the subject you are, but from what I read I don't think you are. Everything Twilight and company did to help Fluttershy would have only done more harm than good.

They supported her and that is one of the most important things anyone can do for a friend in Shy's situation. Unfortunately, they aren't trained to help her deal with the trauma. They didn't give Fluttershy the time she needed to recover. (Most of the abuse hurt her more mentally than physically) Instead she just latched on to RD in a very unhealthy way. There were a bunch of other problems with how this topic was handled.

My comment went way longer than I imagined. I don't want you to think I am attacking you. Far from it. It's just this is really important topic to me, and having read it I get the feeling this might mean something to you as well. All I ask is that if you decide to write something with this magnitude of importance that you do a little bit of research first. I would also like to say that I am not a professional, I am just a guy.

I would feel bad if I didn't include a link to a site where information is available to view. You have potential, keep writing. Have a mustache :moustache:

http://abuseintervention.org/help/friend-family/

Login or register to comment