• Published 10th Feb 2014
  • 4,169 Views, 101 Comments

Mad Mare With a Box. The Twilight Time Lord - Snow ghost pony



After the failed wedding, Twilight is still angry at her freind's and brother. So she refuses to speak with them. Then, she finds the box....

  • ...
17
 101
 4,169

Memories of the Mad Man

Darkness. Everywhere there was quiet darkness. Then a golden light appeared that seem to flow like a liquid. From that point stepped a tall creature that walked on two legs and was wearing a lot of clothes.

"Hellooo?" said the creature. "Oh, there you are."

The creature walked closer and knelt down. Its eyes looked both welcoming and exhausted.

"A little horse? A pony, even. I didn't see that coming. Oh TARDIS, you do have an eye for the weird ones. Let's see...Oh, you are intelligent. That's good. Very intelligent in fact, one of the smartest...Twilight Sparkle...Good name."

The creature stood up and began to pace as he talked.

"Well, Ms. Sparkle. I'm the Doctor and you're unconscious. All of this, including me, is a dream. Weeell, actually it's a sort of message thing I'm leaving for those who find the TARDIS."

With that the blue box from the basement appeared behind the Doctor. He looked at it.

"Ain't she a beaut'? Anyway, I sent the TARDIS away because...well because I had to die to save the universe. I couldn't just leave her there. Yes HER, the TARDIS is very much alive and she is beautiful. I sent her to find a new person, or pony in this case, to travel with. This is where she ended up."

The blackness became the basement. The Doctor walked up to the TARDIS and opened the doors. The same golden light from before began to flow out. The Doctor turned around.

"I fitted the doors of my TARDIS with a chameleon arch. This won't sound familiar yet, but long story short, it stored all my memories and blasted them into your pony noggin. Normally this would kill any normal creature but I'm clever. I fixed the chameleon arch to do a little extra. It gave you the mental capacity of a Time Lord. Don't worry about what a Time Lord is, they kinda die with me. Just take my TARDIS and go. Bring her to see the universe. My TARDIS is in your hands...or hooves. Good luck."

Everything faded back into darkness as Twilight awoke. She was back in the basement and had a wicked headache.

"Oohh, what the heck was that?" She groggily asked.

"Twilight! Twilight!"

Colgate's worried voice blasted her out of her daze. She turned around just in time to get a face full of blue and white fur. Colgate was hugging her and practically smothering her in worry, while Twilight just stared at the box. Was the being just a dream? She was snapped out of her thoughts when the key in her hoof gave a pulse, bringing her attention to it. It was giving off a bright glow and seemed to be nudging her towards the box.

Twilight hesitated, torn between staying and trying to find a cure or satisfying her curiosity of this box... TARDIS...the creature had called it a TARDIS.. Eventually, her curiosity won out. Colgate jumped a bit in surprise when Twilight suddenly stood up and made her way to the half open door of the box. She carefully pushed it open, but there was no flash this time, and then she saw the interior. Her jaw dropped as she saw the very laws of physics be broken in her own basement, a feat she thought only Pinkie Pie was capable of accomplishing.

"I-I-it's bigger on the inside!" was the first thing that Twilight had the ability to say as she just stood there dumbfounded at the sheer impossibility that was in front of her.

The ceiling alone had to stand at least twenty feet high, and the walls were impossibly far apart. Her stupefied state didn't last long, as a sharp pain in her head forced her to the ground with a yelp of pain. Her mind was suddenly filled with memories and knowledge that didn't belong to her, and at the same time did. The basics of the TARDIS controls then got shoved to the front of her mind, making her moan in pain.

The pain stopped as the memories slowed, and the unicorn was able to stand up again. Twilight stood up on wobbly hooves, her balance a little skewed as she now had memories of how to walk on two legs. Then she realized what she now had at her disposal. Twilight gave a grin that rivaled that of Pinkie Pie, as she started contemplating on how to use the TARDIS. The Doctor had told her it was now hers, and from the looks of the memories, it could go anywhere and most importantly anywhen.

Twilight was in a better mood now than she had been for the past few days. She now had a way to explore and learn even more about both history and the universe than books could supply. Her new memories indicated a library on board, so she definitely wouldn't run out of reading material. As it was, she now had a mental processing and capacity far beyond that of even Celestia herself.

Twilight frowned at the thought that had crossed her mind. She was still really sore about the wedding. Then she realized that this was a perfect opportunity to get away from it all, and let years of tension loose. She was then jerked out of her thoughts by the sound of someone calling her.

Colgate couldn't help but be worried about her fellow unicorn. She had been standing in the same spot for the past ten minutes, and still hadn't moved. "Twilight?" she cautiously asked, jerking the other unicorn out of her thoughts. Said unicorn turned around quickly, appearing startled, then her eyes focused on Colgate. Twilight stared for a moment, then gave a goofy grin.

"Colgate, I think this is my ticket to finally cut loose." Twilight told the slightly confused dentist. She answered the questioning look with an almost goofy flourish. "In other words, I’m going exploring, to see the universe! This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, and I'm not going to waste it by sitting around moping. I'm gonna get out. Blinking, step into the sun. There is more to see than can ever be seen, more to do than-No, hold on….Sorry that’s the Lion King… Regardless, I'm gonna enjoy every second of freedom that I have!"

Colgate just stood there, and for a second Twilight started to get worried, then she broke out into a smile. "Just what I'd expect from the new Doctor. I'm going with you."

Twilight was rendered speechless for the second time in less than half an hour. The first thing that came to mind was one thing that even Starswirl himself had said in times of great confusion, "Huh?"

Colgate gave a little giggle at Twilights reaction, then turned serious. "What I am about to tell you is something that even my own parents don't know about me. I will only say this once, and only because I know you won't go around telling everypony about it." Colgate paused and leveled a look at Twilight that made her realize just how much trust Colgate was putting in her. She unconsciously did the Pinkie Promise, effectively swearing herself to secrecy.

Colgate sighed, then started the story, "When I was a little filly, I was fascinated with all things related to time. It was just that fascinating to me, and I always dreamed of being able to travel through time, being able to learn all it's mechanics and laws. One day, after I got home from school, something strange happened..."

FLASHBACK


A young Colgate was sitting in her room, drawing and designing clocks, when a strange tearing sound caused her to look up. The little filly looked around for the source, but noticed something strange about her wall. There was a crack in it, yet the wall didn't seem like it was broken. She got up and sped over to it, ignoring the papers that she stepped on in favor of satisfying her childish curiosity.


The crack wasn't very big, maybe about a sixth of an inch wide, really unnoticeable unless you were looking for it, but impossible to ignore once you did. Colgate looked at it in confusion, wondering how it got there, but then she heard a different sound than before. This sound had a odd tone to it. The sound gave a feeling of being both young and old at the same time and it seemed to be coming from the crack. Colgate was finding it hard to comprehend this very strange noise-like sensation. Then the filly did something that would change her life forever. She looked directly into a crack.


Colgate's eyes widened at the sight she was seeing. It was almost as if she were seeing time and space in its entirety. She was so distracted by this that she didn't notice the small tendrils of golden aura that were creeping towards her. When she finally did notice, it was far too late, for the energy had reached her and she couldn't do anything about it. Colgate's tiny body went rigid as the power seemed to light her entire body on fire...no fire wasn't right...there simply were no words that could describe the agony that she felt, so terrible that she couldn't even scream for help.

After several long minutes it stopped, and Colgate panted as the sweet relief flooded her. She was about to run downstairs and tell her parents about this, but she then felt an odd pressure building up in her horn. The pressure got more and more intense as the buildup of power manifested itself. Colgate was finally able to scream as the pressure released itself in the form of a massive magic surge. The poor filly slumped to the ground as the surge destroyed her room, to tired to even notice the small flash of light that came from her flank. The last thing that came to her mind before she slipped into unconsciousness was the faint echo of what she both saw and heard from the crack. A tall two-legged creature next to a blue box. It seemed to speak to the box, giving it a command.
“Find yourself a new Thief.”
***
"...and when I came to, I was in a hospital bed being treated for magic exhaustion." Colgate finished her explanation, patiently waiting for Twilights reaction.

The purple unicorn was just dumbstruck. Twilight couldn't believe this friendly and quirky dentist was hiding that big of a secret for such a long time. She snapped out of her stunned reverie when Colgate gave a little cough. Twilight turned to her with a slightly sheepish look on her face.

“So,” Twilight said, “You saw the Doctor send the TARDIS away because you looked into time itself. From that you knew about the Doctor and where the TARDIS would end up?”

Colgate nodded before responding. “I have seen all of time and space. I even saw the events of earlier today in a dream a few years after the incident. I can see these things called fixed points, points in time that cannot be changed in any way. The rest of time is subject to change. I knew all of time for a moment, then it was changed and faded from my memory. Through some odd quirk of unicorn magic, I also gained a sensitivity to Artron energy. Which is how I knew about the key. I could feel the warm Artron energy.”

Twilight nodded and then asked the question that had been bugging her since Colgate started talking, "And now you want to travel with me?"

Colgate smiled and gave a nod. Twilight grinned and started pulling levers and pushing buttons, the TARDIS roared to life.

Without looking up Twilight said, "There's a saying the Doctor used a long time ago."

"Oh, and what would that be?" Colgated asked, tilting her head.

Twilight got onto her hind legs, resting her fore legs on the console. She put a hoof on a far lever and looked Colgate directly in the eyes, grinning widely. She pulled it and the TARDIS came to life.

"ALLONS-Y!"

Comments ( 39 )

AWWWWW YYYEAH ALLONS-Y FTW!:pinkiehappy:

4256714 This will be addressed in later chapters.

Awww:fluttercry: no doctor who theme.

Comment posted by Snow ghost pony deleted Apr 20th, 2014

4254429 the reason is I want to try to get the shorter adventures in as few chapters as possible, while the longer adventures could take upward of five or six. Plus I just want to.

4257032 sorry, can't figure out the URL. Can't tell if it's broken or otherwise.

Comment posted by Snow ghost pony deleted Apr 20th, 2014

4256714 it's basically like smoking, only the "tar" caused by the usage dissipates by leaking through the horn, "cleaning" it. Think of it like a chimney, the more you use it, the more it gets blocked up. And the speed of death can change depending on how much the unicorn uses their magic, and the power of the spells used. Rarity, who doesn't use her magic much beyond levitation and gem finding (that has been shown so far), would have years before magic backup would've been a problem. Twilight, however, who uses magic constantly and uses spells that require massive amounts of power, would only have anywhere from a few days to a month. Princess Celestia, a few hours.

4258605 that is a no, I won't reveal the entire thing just yet, but twilight does gain some of the connection back, but beyond simple spells like levitation or short range teleporting, anything beyond will simply fizzle out and not work. It would be like asking rarity to raise he sun, impossible.

Comment posted by killjoy fifty niner deleted Apr 20th, 2014

4260410 nope, she finds out later that she can do those basic spells, and since she is keeping the TARDIS a secret for now, she tells everyone that her magic reserve was simply to big for the queen to cut off entirely in the split second that it happened in.

Oh oh is there going to be a Dalek or Cybermen:pinkiegasp: so much awsomeness:pinkiehappy:

4269375 both, but that is towards the middle of the story. Will take awhile before I get their.

*sobbing over the references* its so amazing:raritydespair:

4270337 *takes a bow* thank you! thank you! Glad you continue to enjoy the story. Twilights first adventure is coming up, so stay tuned. Am trying to hit at least 5000 on this chapter' so be patient. Also, don't try to predict the schedule, it's gonna be sporadic.

Awwww yeah Daleks will EXTERMINATE EVRYPONY!:pinkiehappy: and Cybermen will suck dick.

Hey when's the next chapter?:rainbowhuh:

4303556 will be a little while. Not a fast writer and still have to work out the adventure. Planing to have her first adventure in the battle between N-Moon and :trollestia:. And still have to work everything out.

Sweeeet:pinkiehappy: can't wait for the next chapter. And put some thought into regeneration chapter and put sad theme to please:fluttercry:

4306170 no prob. Regeneration will be at end of story, though. Btw, what is the usual number of adventures before the doctor regenerates?

Comment posted by Snow ghost pony deleted May 5th, 2014

4306170 gonna take longer than anticipated. schoolwork and family business getting in the way.

A message to my readers, I will continue this story soon, but at the present i will be focusing on Godzilla stories until I get my inspiration back. I repeat, this story isn't dead, I just need to get my inspiration back for it.

Regeneration? Is twilight turn into timelord or just got the mind of one?

4614531 turning into one over the course of the story, with it finishing the transition at the end when she does regenerate.

4401591 You know, you should put these kind of messages in blog posts. If you just add a comment to your story, almost no one gets it. Put it in a blog post and tag it to this story, then everyone can get it.

Shit came back a year and still no update:fluttercry:

4614543 - Any plans for what Twilight II will look like? There's a pony designer on DeviantART by generalzoi. I used it to make my own version of a regenerated Twilight. She didn't become a Time Pony of her own free will, but through exposure to regen energy stolen by some mad scientist or something along those lines.

This is getting interesting :twilightsmile: please keep it up.

The summary require some editing, not just the Paragraphs.
Sounds like fun, from wht it promise up front, though.

You gonna continue this?

6073519 yes, but it's taking a while to complete everything. Not to mention that I need inspiration for it. That's why I'm turning both stories into collabs, that way it will get updated faster and leave less dissatisfied readers

Is there more on the way?

6073905
Snow ghost pony is this even going to continue? It's been almost 3 years now will it continue???:fluttercry:

when is the next Chapter coming?

Login or register to comment