• Published 5th Jan 2014
  • 494 Views, 0 Comments

The Nether Wars - Blackdrag-rose



Several years have past since Eclipse returned to the Hive. Now his daughter must figure out what's happening across Equestria before everything gets out of hoof.

  • ...
6
 0
 494

9: Epilogue

Three weeks had passed since Eclipse's battle with Nexus and life seemed to be settling back into what it had been for both his changelings and himself. The hive was still under construction, but that was because they were building it to resemble Canterlot, with all the shops, streets, the castle, and even Princess Celestia's stone garden. The changelings enjoyed the work, finding that it allowed them to forget what had happened to their last hive despite the fact that the giant hole where the hive had been was close by. While the changelings would never be able to forget that dreadful day they planned on making a better home for themselves above ground, with some caverns like the old hive had.

"So, what will you be doing with Nexus' statue?" Princess Celestia asked, walking side by side with Eclipse and Viscarias, "I hate to think you turned him into one without a good reason for it."

"I told him that Equestria couldn't afford to have somepony like him running around," Eclipse replied, sighing as he looked around him, "Given some time we might consider turning him back into his normal self, maybe even attempt to turn him away from the path he set himself on and learn how to protect the kingdoms. For now he'll remain in the center of the new hive, to show everypony that you can't just threaten a royal pony without having something bad happening to you. Maybe, after a few months, we'll lend him to your own garden for the ponies of Canterlot to enjoy, just as they had with Discord's statue a few years ago."

"Speaking of Canterlot, but why does the hive look like an exact replica of my city?" Celestia asked, beckoning with a wing towards where her garden was being built and again to a corner where Joe's Donut Shack sat.

"Two weeks ago our changelings came to us and requested that we ask you if we can build a replica of Canterlot to live in," Eclipse answered, shrugging slightly, "so we drafted a letter and sent it to you. A day or two later we received a letter, by magic, bearing the seals of both you and Luna, telling us what we could do as we wished. Truth be told if you had declined we planned on asking Cadence if we could copy the Crystal Empire instead, but our changelings wanted their own Canterlot. Well, they got their wish.

Truth be told Celestia barely remembered seeing that letter two weeks ago, though the only reason she had bothered adding her seal was because her sister had spotted it and wanted her seal added. Made it more official if both the solar seal and the lunar seal were placed on the return letter. Now she knew exactly what the letter had really been about and secretly enjoyed watching the changelings build a new home for themselves.

"I can see that they did," Celestia commented, "and I can tell that they appear to be building their new home in the exact same manner that Canterlot was built in. All these streets are built the same..."

Celestia stopped the moment that she was the still stone statue of Nexus, the stallion who had destroyed the previous hive, and slightly winced at the fact that he showed fear in his face. The only being she had ever frozen like that was Discord, but it had been the power of the Elements that had done him in and not her own magic. Still, the stallion got what he deserved for facing off against Eclipse and begging him to unleash his full power against him. Celestia had never seen Eclipse take on so much magic like that before, save for the moment when he had first taken on the monster form that he used so often these days.

"So, what will Chrysalis and Zircon be doing after the new hive is finished?" Celestia asked, beckoning her head to the replica of her castle, where the previous monarchs of the hive were busy at work, "I assume that they'll be leaving the hive the moment you finish laying all the stonework and finish construction of all the buildings."

"My parents are actually going to be staying with their beloved changelings for the rest of their lives," Viscarias replied, brushing a piece of her mane out of her eyes, "Originally my parents were going to move to Las Pegasus and live as far away from us as possible, but when they heard the news about the old hive they came flying back. They promised that they would help watch over the changelings that they raised and would offer some wisdom in case we ever needed it. At least this way Northern and her sisters will be able to spend some time with their grandparents without having to travel halfway across Equestria to visit them."

"Speaking of which, where are your daughters anyway?" Celestia asked, having looked around countless times without seeing so much of a hair from any of them.

"Near the old hive," Viscarias replied, "They wanted a moment alone before they rejoined the rest of the hive, but we've got two of our best guards watching from afar in case something happens."

- The Crater -

"I'm going to miss our old home," Echo said, staring out at the open hole where their old hive had peacefully rested for so many years before they had even been born.

"Ah'm going to miss it too," Harvest agreed, pulling her hat off her head, "but let the three of us vow that we'll never, as long as we life, let this kind of disaster ruin the lives of the changelings ever again. Let us vow that we will defend our new home from all threats, be they within our borders or outside our borders. Let us vow that we will defend our allies and rush to their aid should they ever require assistance from our parents. Ah swear this upon the ruins of the old hive, so that Ah may defend the new hive."

"So shall I swear," Echo said, placing her hoof on Harvest's hat, "that upon the ruins of the old hive I shall defend the new hive with all my might and protect our citizens from harm. Northern?"

"You guys act just like normal changelings do," Northern laughed, turning around and placing her hoof on the hat, "that being said I agree with you two. I swear upon the ruins of the old hive that, as the crown princess of the changeling hive, I will do everything within my power to defend our citizens and protect our allies should they ever need assistance. Never again will I allow the events that happened here be repeated anywhere else in Equestria. Let the three of us usher in a peaceful age between ponies and changelings, for our parents and the Princesses."

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment