• Published 22nd Dec 2013
  • 496 Views, 4 Comments

Forever and For Always - ShaD-23



General Tirek has come to take Equestria. Twilight and the others must now stand and face this new threat, but it looks like there's more to everything than what they once thought. Non-canon. In memory of Kiki Havivy

  • ...
2
 4
 496

The Calm Before the Storm

Everypony was either achy or dirty as the sun rose in Ponyville. Celestia had an entire garrison sent to Ponyville when she heard Tirek had been sighted, but he was long gone now. She, Luna, Twilight, Cadence, Shining Armor, Rarity, Zecora and Flash Sentry all stood in the square, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Applejack and Pinkie Pie (her mane curly and puffy once again) all beaming.

“So he's going to be alright?” Fluttershy gasped, her eyes quivering. Celestia nodded.

“Iron Will will be just fine if he takes it easy-”

“You think some joker like Tirek can take on Iron Will!? Iron Will pities the foo!” he called proudly as he wheeled up to them in a wheelchair.

“I don't know why we are taking in the third person, but okay.” Rainbow Dash said, everypony laughing at this. “Now, what is that thing?” Rainbow Dash said as she spied the Harbinger Blade. “It looks pretty cool.”

“This is the Harbinger Blade.” Shining Armor said as he powered his horn, telekinetically drawing the blade from its sheath. “Tirek stole it and threw it into the Great Roost, but even that couldn't destroy it.” he explained.

“So that's why it hardened over.” Twilight said, looking the sword over. Shining Armor nodded. “It wasn't easy digging it out, lemme tell you.” he said, sheathing it once more. “But Discord was slinky enough to drop a tiny hint-”

“He was working as double agent for us-”

“And we didn't even know about it-”

“You know how Discord is.” Luna said with a small smile. “Even in the face of calamity, he needs to get his kicks.”

“I see you were able to decipher me seal.” Zecora said as she looked on all the Elements of Harmony. “Tirek stole me away when the truth, I would not reveal.” Twilight frowned.

“We're just happy you're okay.” Cadence said, putting a wing around the zebra. “But what about you, Applejack?” she said, looking for the orange pony.

“I don't remember much.” she said, wracking her mind to remember what happened when she was turned into a dragon. “All I really remember is Discord tyin' me up after I went in the forest an' leavin' me for a few days, then settin' me loose when Rainbow Dash an' Apple Bloom an' them showed back up at Sweet Apple Acres.”

“I guess we should be grateful he really was on our side the whole time.” Rarity said stiffly.

“Um, AJ?” came a mare's voice from behind. Everypony turned and quite a few of them gasped as they saw Apple Bloom and Babs Seed, both fully grown mares. “Can you tell Discord to stop messin' with Ponyville awready?” Apple Bloom said.

“He kinda switched us up, y'see?” Babs said as she held two tiny, crying baby ponies for them to see, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon regressed to tiny foals.

“I need to stretch my wings and let loose a little chaos.” Discord said suddenly, his head poking up from out of the ground, a few of the ponies jumping back in shock. “I've spent almost a month putting on a face and being a lackey to the insufferable Tirek.” Discord said as a poorly drawn mask of Tirek's face appeared on his face. “I should expect you all know the importance of R & R, right?” he said, tossing the mask away. Everypony just rolled their eyes.

“Fine, I'll change them back... later.” Discord said as he linked back into the ground laughing, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon crying and reaching for him.

“Oh well...” Twilight said as she watched the rising sun peak higher over the mountains. “I think we can all be grateful for so much more, at least.” she said.

Tirek was gone, but he would definitely come back before long. Nevertheless, she was certain they could face him again. She was not afraid of the future any longer, no matter how uncertain it was, now that she knew she and her friends could stand strong through anything.

Author's Note:

To be continued in "The Reign of Twilight Sparkle"

In loving memory of Tiffany "Kiki" Havivy

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment