• Published 20th Dec 2013
  • 983 Views, 24 Comments

Hitch A Ride - Closer-To-The-Sun



After the Doctor takes a step out of his TARDIS to enjoy Ponyville, the TARDIS gets hijacked by the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

  • ...
1
 24
 983

Chapter 7: Some Fantastic

Chapter 7: Some Fantastic

Applebloom and Sweetie Belle returned to the console room with the Ood following behind.

“Did you find the zeiton 7?” the Doctor asked before he realized they came back with a new individual.

“Uh-huh! And our new friend helped us out!” Sweetie Belle chimed.

“Ah call him Mr. Squidy!” Applebloom added happily.

Scootaloo was shocked at the sight of the Ood, “What in Equestria is that?”

“What’s an Ood doing on board? Did I pick up another hitchhiker?” the Doctor rubbed his chin as he thought.

“I have brought zeiton 7 for Doctor,” the Ood spoke, holding it’s orb up to speak.

The Doctor dropped his thinking and returned to the matter before him, “Yes, right! Zeiton 7 over here, my good Ood!” The Doctor quickly hopped up on the console platform where he was joined by the Ood. Taking the vial of zeiton 7, the Doctor began his work.

Elsewhere in the room, the fillies reunited.

“What is that….thing?” Scootaloo asked her friends.
“That’s Mr. Squidy! He helped us find the thingy for the Doctor,” Sweetie Belle answered.

“He’s super nice. He even asked if we wanted ta have some tea,” Applebloom added, pulling up the remainder of the scarf up to the rest that was wrapped around her neck.

The unicorn’s eyes lit up, “Oh, could you imagine having him over for a tea party? It would be so much fun!”

“Do Oods like tea? Ah don’t wanna force our friend ta do somethin’ he doesn’t like,” Applebloom stated.

“He’s your friend now?” the pegasus asked.

“Yeah! He said the Doctor was a friend, too. And Donna, whoever that is.”

Without the fillies knowing, the Ood was standing near them, holding his orb. It lit up as he spoke, “May I be of any assistance?”

“Huh? Aren’t you helping the Doctor?” Scootaloo was puzzled.

“Doctor asked for me to see if others might need assistance,” the Ood stated. The fillies leaded to one side to see that the Doctor was furiously moving about the console and talking to himself. Turning their attention back to the Ood, he spoke again, “May I be of any assistance?”

“Uh….no thanks, Mr. Squidy,” the orange pony said.

“Hold on, the TARDIS is back up and working!” the Doctor shouted for the entire room to hear. The machine came back to life, which caused the Doctor to laugh and congratulate himself. “Right, now let’s get back to Equestria before we crash headfirst into the surface of a star, shall we? Geronimo!”

Flipping a switch, the TARDIS made a loud whirring noise, causing it to shake roughly, rocking all of the occupants within. With that, they traveled back through time and space.

----------------------------

Outside of the TARDIS, back in Equestria, the Doctor looked down at the Cutie Mark Crusaders with a stern glare.

“Now girls, what did you learn?” the Doctor looked down at the fillies.

The white unicorn spoke first, “The TARDIS is a spaceship, not a toy.”

The Doctor continued, “And?”

Scootaloo added, “We shouldn’t take things that are not ours, especially if those things can travel through time and space”

“And?” the stallion edged on, looking at Applebloom in particular.

“We should never take somethin’ that is not ours either. Just because it’s hidden away in a closet, doesn’t mean it isn’t super important to somepony,” the yellow filly spoke up.

“And?” the volume of the Doctor’s voice grew.
All three fillies looked at one another before replying in unison, “We can’t rush finding our special talents.”

A smile appeared on the Doctor’s face, “There it is. You girls will get know your true potential soon enough, I promise you that.”

“We’re really sorry, Mr. Doctor,” Sweetie Belle said.

“We didn’t mean to hurt anypony, honest,” the earth pony added.

“I know that you girls had good intentions, but it’s not enough to justify stealing a piece of ancient Gallifreian technology,” the brown pony lectured.

Scootaloo took a step forward, “But we didn’t mean to! It was like the machine was doing it all by itself!”

The Doctor paused for a moment before replying, “Well, that may be, you should still not have entered the TARDIS without permission. Understood?”

They all responded in unison, “Yes, Mr. Doctor.”

“Good, now run along, little fillies,” the Doctor smiled and waved to them. With that, the three ponies turned around and began to trot back to Ponyville, “Scootaloo?”

“Yes, Doctor?” the orange pegasus turned around to look at the brown stallion.

“Remember what I told you, treasure your friends,” he smiled.

“I promise!” Scootaloo nodded as she waved her hoof at the Doctor. She then quickly turned around to catch up with her friends.

Standing in the doorframe of the TARDIS, the Doctor watched the three fillies gallop back home. The Doctor smiled as he sighed, “Those three gals certainly have plenty of energy and optimism. Just the kind of thing I look for in companions. And they’ll be great ones. Of course, I already know that they will be. Once they grow up a bit and get their cutie marks, they’ll certainly enjoy traveling across the universe, from Mars to the Eye Of Orion, and everywhere in between.”

Turning himself around, the Doctor saw the Ood standing on the platform in silence. “Now then, time to return you to the Oodsphere where you belong, my friend.” With a spring in his trot, the Doctor made his way up to the platform and to the console. Moving his hooves across the console, the TARDIS began to come alive again. “Not much of a talker, are you?” he asked his guest.

END

Comments ( 9 )

Short and sweet. :)

I ask for a sequel nicely

fine bit of work my lad

Interesting...

I like it : D

I find it Ironic that the Stallion who stole a piece a Ancient Gallifreian Technology with only good intentions to go on is lecturing others for doing the same.

Really it should be "Don't steal something that someone already stole first... and is still using it!"

3751819 Hey, the TARDIS stole him! Or rather it was mutual!

4272620 He did have Dodo who was a bit of an airhead and child-like. But yeah, Adric really was his only 'youngster'. Anyway, thanks for reading it!

Login or register to comment