• Published 20th Dec 2013
  • 981 Views, 24 Comments

Hitch A Ride - Closer-To-The-Sun



After the Doctor takes a step out of his TARDIS to enjoy Ponyville, the TARDIS gets hijacked by the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

  • ...
1
 24
 981

Chapter 5: My Friends

Chapter 5: My Friends

“W-Who are you?” the scared unicorn asked the creature standing before the two ponies.

It didn’t reply right away. Instead, it slowly blinked and raised its orb up again. The orb lit up again and the voice was heard, repeating what it had just stated, “May I be of any assistance?” The tentacles on its face seemed to move slightly.

“We didn’t mean ta wake ya, mister. We’re just lookin’ for some zeiton 7….or somethin’,” Applebloom spoke up, her voice shaking.

“Zeiton 7,” the creature stated, “I shall fetch it for you, madams.” The creature started to walk out of the door the girls were standing near.

The ponies quickly followed the tall creature.

“Excuse me, mister. Who are you?” Sweetie Belle asked as she kept pace with him on one side.

“I am an Ood,” he replied.

“What’s yer name?” the earth pony asked, trotting on the other side of him, still dragging along the large, colorful scarf.

“I do not have a name. All Ood are given a name by their owners.”

“Owners? Are you like a pet?”

“All Ood are servants to their masters,” he explained, continuing his walking down the corridors.

“Well, ya gotta have a name! Let’s give him one!” Applebloom cheered joyfully.

“Good idea! How about….Oody?”

“Nah, that sounds rather lazy. How about Mr. Squidy?”

“I like it!” Sweetie Belle nodded with a smile. She looked up at the Ood and proclaimed, “From now on, your name is Mr. Squidy, and you’re our friend!”

“Friend,” the Ood echoed, “I do not understand.”

“A true, true friend helps a friend in need, and that’s what you’re doing now!” Sweetie Belle explained.

“We couldn’t do it without ya! We barely know what zeiton 7 is.”

The unicorn butted in, “All we know is that the Doctor needs it.”

“Doctor,” the Ood’s orb lit up, “Doctor-Donna. Doctor-Donna….friend.”

“Yeah, now yer gettin’ it!” Applebloom spoke up, “The Doctor is our friend!”

“Whose Donna?” Sweetie Belle peered over to her pony friend.

Applebloom shrugged.