• Published 1st Jan 2014
  • 894 Views, 27 Comments

The Last Laugh - Gandalf158



Pinkie Pie is gone. Now her friends are going to tell the story of her last days....

  • ...
1
 27
 894

Epilogue

The Last Laugh
By: Gandalf158
Epilogue

Twilight stepped back up to the microphone and pulled out another stack of index cards. She organized them and cleared her throat. Then she began to read off the eulogy she had written for her friend.

"I don't know what else to say after that, except that Pinkie Pie was, and is, the glue that held us together, whenever we were down, she would be there to cheer us up. I will always look back on my time knowing her and smile, because that's what she would've wanted. I couldn't have asked for a better friend, and I know you'll all agree with me. So, today, we say goodbye to Pinkie, but she'll always live on in the hearts and minds of those who knew her, and that's the way she would've wanted." She concluded her speech and put away her cards. She stepped down off of the stage, and Fluttershy led her choir of birds in Amazing Grace....

The End

Author's Note:

Well, here we are. The End. Thank you, everyone who read this story, I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I did in writing it. Hope you like what comes next!

Comments ( 11 )
Comment posted by rainmustfall deleted Aug 15th, 2014

:pinkiesad2: It's so sad, but so uplifting.

Sad yet somehow relieving!

ok my friend, i have downloaded the story to my flashdrive, gonna read it

5649484
5649600 Thanks for catching those, I'll make sure to fix that.

This was a very good short tale for manipulating some feels. Yes, I said manipulate. I get cravings for sad fics time-to-time, and I'm not exactly sure why. So I dig up a story built to give me that sad feeling I'm looking for. This one did a good job.
4855904
Just like he said, this story is sad because of the focus on the good Pinkie gave during her final weeks despite her condition. She was selfless to the end, and that was really touching.

I've read some boo-hoo, woe-is-me crap, and I'm glad to report this wasn't one of them.

5650006
I think I've read a quote somewhere about you haven't lived a day until smiled, laughed, cried, and be scared.

5649977 Yeah, I guess I must of deleted that part by accident. Glad you liked the story, and thanks for catching those errors for me.

When I finished reading this, my pillow was soaked and I'm still crying as I write this. As pinkie would probably say "Never stop laughing" Rip, Pinkie, beloved friend, foal sitter, daughter, sister, element of laughter, and savor of Equestia. That's what her headstone should say. I dang it, I'm still crying!:pinkiesad2:long live the spirit of laughter!:ajsmug:

And who ever is being a troll needs to pay! This may be sad, but this so heartwarming that it's too heartwarming to say dislike!

The feels are real :fluttershbad::fluttercry::applecry::raritycry:

Login or register to comment