• Published 1st Jan 2014
  • 895 Views, 27 Comments

The Last Laugh - Gandalf158



Pinkie Pie is gone. Now her friends are going to tell the story of her last days....

  • ...
1
 27
 895

Prologue

The Last Laugh
By: Gandalf158
Prologue

The congregation was made up of pretty much everyone in Ponyville; even Zecora showed up from the Everfree forest. Along with friends and family, the mourners included the Royal Pony Sisters, Prince Shining Armor, Princess Mi' Amore Cadenza, and Discord. The whole room quieted down as the minister, a dull brown earth pony, took the stage.

"We are gathered here to pay tribute to a dear friend. Pinkamena Diane Pie, the Element of Laughter, party pony, beloved daughter, and devoted friend. Her life had humble beginnings; she was born into a local family of rock farmers. After her coming of age, she went to work as a baker/foalsitter for the Cakes, owners of Sugarcube Corner in Ponyville. After this, she went on to save Equestria on multiple occasions; be it Changelings, Discord, or even the dreaded Nightmare Moon," at this, Princess Luna hung her head in silence, "When Pinkie knew her time was short, she came to me and asked that I have her friend and fellow Element of Harmony, Twilight Sparkle, to say a few words on her behalf. Miss Sparkle?"

As the purple unicorn stood to go to the altar, she wiped some tears away from her eyes using a tissue plucked from the nearby box by her violet-pink magical aura. When she finally got to the altar, she pulled out a carefully organized stack of index cards and began to read them off.

"Pinkie Pie was a good friend. She would always cheer you up when you're down, and searched for any reason to throw a party. She took her job as the Element of Laughter seriously. About two weeks ago, she came to me and asked that I would have myself and the other Elements tell about our last days with her. She wanted me to start."

She flipped through her notes and cleared her throat...