• Published 27th Dec 2013
  • 3,246 Views, 301 Comments

A Ray of Dusk - AlphatheGriffin17



The changelings are gone, Canterlot is safe and the fighting is finished. Little do Dusk and his friends know that the battle is far from over and the war is just beginning.

  • ...
11
 301
 3,246

Crystal Accommodation

“I have to admit, even after hearing all you and Twily told us, I’m still having a hard time believing it,” said Shining.

“I feel the same and I lived through it,” said Dusk.

They were making their way through the corridors of the palace. A few servants and guards bowed to their prince in greeting, but kept a respectful distance. Dusk was grateful for this. He didn’t have the energy to be talking to ponies he didn’t know right now.

He and Twilight had just explained all that had occurred to him and Cadence. Trixie and Doom had been sent out, along with Sombra, to wait while they did. Now they were with Cadence, making arrangements for them. Shining offered to make sure their rooms were prepared and asked Dusk to come with him.

Though they were friendly with each other, Dusk knew he likely wanted to get him on his own. Security minded as he was, Dusk knew he must have misgivings and prepared himself to address them.

“Do you really vouch for Doom?” he asked. “The last time I heard that name, it was back when you distanced yourself from everypony following his rampage. He’s hurt you and Twilight. That’s a lot for me to overlook.”

“I’m not expecting you to, Shining,” said Dusk. “And ‘vouch’ might be putting it strongly. But he’s already shown growth that I wouldn’t have expected of him and we have come to an understanding. As it stands, his interests are aligned with ours.”

“The enemy of my enemy isn’t necessarily my friend,” said Shining. “I’m telling you right now, Dusk, I’m going to be keeping a close eye on him. And from what I hear, Trixie isn’t much better.”

“I understand, Shining, and I support your perspective on that front. For what it’s worth, I don’t think they’re going to try anything. Not when there’s something much worse out there to content with.”

“Any insight they can offer about Fallen is welcome. There’s a lot we still don’t know and I don’t like it.” He paused to look out a window. “He’s out there somewhere and we have no idea what he’s up to. I almost want him to try something, just so we can stop waiting for it.”

Dusk quirked an eyebrow. “Given the last time he did it resulted in your wedding being disrupted and our homes invaded, I wouldn’t be so keen.”

“I know. I’m just not a fan of waiting, not where our safety is concerned,” he murmured. “And then there’s Sombra… you’re sure he’s good as his word?”

“He is,” said Dusk at once. “He’s aware of his shortcomings and wants to make up for them. He at least deserves the benefit of the doubt.”

Shining sighed. “If you say so. All that time spent keeping him out and then we practically invite him in.”

“Circumstances are strange. Then again, it wasn’t too long ago I was sat down to tea with the Lord of Chaos and two years ago, Luna was a scary bedtime story for foals.”

“You have a point there. I guess I had the same feelings about Luna when she first came back and I’m still not sure about Discord either,” he admitted. “Sorry, Dusk. First time we have a talk and I’m grilling you about security.”

Dusk waves a hoof. “There’s nothing to apologise for, Shining. Your concerns are valid and you didn’t make Captain of the Guard for nothing.”

“I did want to thank you though.” He smiled at him. “You and Twily are looking out for each other, just like you said you would. I almost feel bad for doubting you at first.”

“Almost?”

“I’m still a big brother, it’s my prerogative to be suspicious of my sister’s choice in romantic partners,” he said with a wink. “Don’t worry though, you’re alright by me.”

“An endorsement greater than I could hope to receive,” remarked Dusk.

He laughed at that and the two continued on. Shining verified with the servants tasked with preparing the rooms that all was ready, then sent for their occupants. Twilight came with Trixie, who’s eyes widened like saucers.

“I’m… I’m staying here?” she gasped.

“So long as you don’t cause any trouble, yes,” said Shining. “If there’s anything you need, just say so.”

“It’s… it’s…!” She cleared her throat and composed herself. “It’ll do. I’ll be retiring for now. Trixie’s hooves are weary.”

She flicked her mane and walked in with her nose up. Twilight offered her brother an apologetic look before following.

That left them with Doom. The imposing stallion said nothing as Shining showed him to his own room. Shining said nothing to him either. The glare he gave said enough. Doom returned it and stalked inside. Dusk wordlessly offered to speak with him. Shining looked at him with concern and Dusk smiled with a nod. Shining returned his nod, held the door and motioned a guard over before closing it.

Doom was standing in the centre of the room, casting his eyes over everything in it. His expression didn’t change. Every now and again, he’d snort or scoff.

It was strange for Dusk. He was used to knowing what to expect from him. But when he was quiet like this, it made him more apprehensive than if he was yelling and breaking things.

“I didn’t invite you in,” he rumbled.

“You’re not sending me away either. But if you’d prefer to be left alone…” Dusk started for the door.

He glanced back. “I didn’t say that. Do as you will, it doesn’t matter to me.”

“Very well.”

Dusk crossed to a nearby table and sat at it. Doom didn’t join him. Neither of them said anything for the longest time. What exactly did you say, with what they’d put each other through?

Suddenly, he understood more of what it must have been like for Trixie.

“They fear me,” murmured Doom. “I can see it when they look at me.”

“Can you blame them?” asked Dusk. “You’re far from the most approachable of ponies.”

“It’s pathetic,” he spat. “Cadenza fawns and offers hospitality whilst trying to hide that her guard is up. At least Amour is honest.”

Dusk shrugged. “Well if you’d prefer to be thrown out, I’m sure they’d oblige.”

“Hmph.”

Silence fell again. Another question occurred to Dusk.

“Trixie mentioned that Sombra has been helping you deal with your emotions.”

Doom looked at him, but didn’t turn his head. “What of it?”

“I’m just curious,” said Dusk. “You’re not really one to let others tell you what to do. What makes him an exception?”

He didn’t respond, not straight away. When he did, it was in a quiet voice.

“He… understands.”

“In what way?”

“If you would cease your questions, I would explain,” he growled.

“Ah, there we are.” Dusk smiled despite himself. “That’s more like the Blackhole I know.”

“Hmph.” He went to join Dusk at the opposite side of the table. He didn’t sit down. “He had power. He had strength. Yet when he had the chance to take it back after he lost it, he didn’t. He chose weakness.”

“And that confused you.”

“At first.”

“But now?”

“Now…” He glanced at Dusk. “Perhaps I may have been… mistaken.”

He said the last word like it had been forcibly extracted.

“I see,” said Dusk. “Do you consider him a friend?”

“… perhaps.”

“What about Trixie? What are your feelings about-?”

“I’m done talking. Leave.”

Dusk knew better than to push his luck with his former dark side. He stood to leave, pausing at the door.

“Brother? I wish you the best of luck.”

Doom stared at him from where he stood. Were it not for blinking and breathing, Dusk would have thought him a statue. Then, though it was almost imperceptible, he nodded. No sooner had he done so, he left the table and went to look out the window. Dusk took his chance to leave quietly, though he lingered outside for a few moments.

“A curious being, is he not?” Sombra was approaching from the other way. “One who has known nothing but his base feelings, now forced to confront something deeper.”

“It’s certainly peculiar,” agreed Dusk. “He seems so… I don’t know, despondent? Lost?”

“I would concur.” They set off walking together. “For his entire life, he had drive and purpose even though it was cruel. Suddenly, that purpose has been called into question, along with everything else he thought he knew about himself. It must be quite a shock.” He noticed Dusk frown. “You don’t agree?”

“To an extent. I just find it difficult to feel sympathy for him, given our history. There’s a lot he’s done that’s… difficult to give. Even more difficult to reconcile, considering he’s a part of me,” he added.

“I imagine that, on some level, he has similar feelings. Not to disparage the wrongs he’s committed against you and those you care for,” he clarified quickly. “I think he’s starting to see those things in a new light. That is what I hope I have instilled in him, at least.”

“You’ve definitely left an impression on him, if nothing else.” Dusk looked back over his shoulder. “What do you think will happen?”

Sombra shook his head. “I’m afraid I don’t know. When I was consumed by my own dark ambitions, I was then locked away in my own head with a thousand years to reflect after I was banished. I understand where my follies lie, though even then it’s challenging to fully reconcile. As I’m certain you understand, Dusk.”

“I do. For the record though, you’ve already made a very good start. You decided to come out of exile to try and make a difference. That speaks volumes.”

“In truth, Trixie and Doom indirectly helped with that. Their presence showed me the impact of Fallen’s machinations. They reminded me of how I failed to act on my own failings, blinded by my pride and sense of right.” Resolution appeared across Sombra’s face. “I refuse to let similar consequences occur due to my shame as well.”

Dusk smiled in admiration. “Is all set for your journey to Canterlot?”

“The princess has already contacted her aunts,” said Sombra. “Once some minor preparations are complete, we will be departing today.”

“So soon?”

“I have wasted enough time as it is. The sooner we start, the better.”

“And how are you feeling about it? I remember from your journal that Celestia didn’t seem like your biggest fan.”

Sombra frowned. “I don’t understand. How does the Princess of the Sun keep something cool?”

“No, no, it’s a modern expression. Short for fanatic,” Dusk explained. “And on that note, so is cool. It can also mean that you find something or somepony noteworthy or impressive.”

“Ah, I see. Most curious,” he remarked. “But you are correct. Celestia is no fanatic of mine, nor I of her in all honesty.”

“Any particular reason, other than her coming between you and Luna?”

“Simply that it’s difficult to know where to stand with her,” he answered. “Though she appears generally benevolent and kind, those who can see know that it hides a mind that is playing a game of chess in which everypony around her are the pieces. And if it seems like the game isn’t going in her favour, she will simply change the rules.”

“Well, in your case, you were consumed by darkness and enslaved your Empire,” pointed out Dusk.

Sombra huffed. “I won’t deny that such actions are sometimes necessary. That is one of the burdens of leadership, but here is an example. She dispatched Twilight here as a test, sending her into danger with little real knowledge or guidance. Why did she not come and tackle the problem herself?”

“Well… Twilight is her student and she’s her mentor,” said Dusk after a while. “She’s overcome similar challenges before.”

“So there have been other occasions in which she could have acted against the threat, yet did not? In addition, what of her friends? They are not in her tutelage, yet their lives are also placed at risk,” argued Sombra.

Dusk couldn’t really deny that. Despite her great power, Celestia rarely ever seemed to use it. What with everything he knew about Ray and what he’d been through having Wrath in his head, his views on the Sun Princess had definitely been called into question.

Yet something prevented him from siding with Sombra completely. He had seen that side of Celestia, yet he had also the side of her that revelled in good fun and games. Who had asked him if he thought she was a good ruler. Who despite some of her shortcomings, still cared for her subjects and her home. Who had given him a chance when nopony else had…

“I won’t argue that some of her decisions may be questionable,” said Dusk. “But by and large, those decisions have saved lives. Our friends don’t join us because Celestia ordered them to, but so we can stand together against whatever threat may come. Twilight is a capable pony, with powerful magic and a good heart. Celestia knows it and so do I. Also, if I may be frank with you, you’re hardly one to talk when it comes to endangering the lives of ponies.”

For a moment, Dusk thought he’d gone too far with that last statement. Sombra’s expression turned harsh and his jaw clenched. Then it softened and he appeared morose.

“Your point is well made,” he said quietly. “My apologies, young one. I suppose old prejudices and cynicism cloud my views in this matter. That kind of thinking was what led me down the path I took. I do myself, and you, a disservice by indulging in them.”

“It’s alright. I do understand where you’re coming from, I do. I just can’t say I entirely fault Celestia. I shouldn’t have brought up your past like that though.” Dusk patted his shoulder. “I know that Discord’s corrupting magic and Fallen’s machinations brought out the worst in you. I shouldn’t have thrown that back at you, I’m sorry.”

“Don’t make excuses for me,” said Sombra. “I’ve never entirely blamed those two factors. I’m fully aware the foundations of my fall were already laid before their interference. They merely gave me the push. It seems I still have some work to do on that front.”

“You’re up to it. Besides,” added Dusk, “you won’t be on your own. Cadence is happy to vouch for you and I know I am too.”

“Cadence…” A fond smile came to Sombra’s face. “She is truly remarkable. Even despite what I’ve done, she is willing to give me another chance.”

“She’s very good at seeing into the hearts of ponies,” said Dusk. “Both because of her magic and she’s just good at reading others. That and I know one thing that’s probably endeared you to her.”

“Which is?”

“Well,” said Dusk with a sly smile, “Celestia isn’t the only princess in Canterlot and I know of one that’ll be very happy to see you.”

Sombra’s cheeks tinted red. “You exaggerate, Dusk.”

“Not at all, Sombra. You should have seen her reaction when she thought I’d returned with you the first time and I think you know how much she appreciated your Hearth’s Warming gift,” he added.

“She has… truly missed me that much?” he asked.

“More than I’m capable of expressing,” Dusk answered. “I’m sure she’ll be happy to show you just how much.”

The red spread further across Sombra’s face and a smile tugged at the corners of his mouth. He quickly wiped it from his face when Shining approached, though the former Guard Captain didn’t miss it.

“Do I even want to know what you were talking about?” he asked.

“That’s between us,” said Dusk. “Everything alright?”

“Yep, just here to see you both to the train station. Cadence is about ready to head off herself.” He looked at Sombra. “I hope her faith in you isn’t misplaced.”

“On this, we are agreed.” Sombra held out a hoof. “Your hospitality and patience is greatly appreciated, highness. Thank you.”

Shining looked at the hoof in surprise before shaking it. “No problem. Just don’t go attacking the Empire as a mass of shadow again and we won’t have any problems.”

“That is something I only ever do every other Tuesday.” A long silence followed. “That… that was a jest.”

“Oh right.” Shining’s gaze shifted around awkwardly. “I’ll uh, take you both to the station.”

“I do not think the prince is the greatest fanatic of my humour,” whispered Sombra. “Did I use that correctly?”

Dusk chuckled. “Don’t worry, you’ll get there, on both fronts. He didn’t like me at first either.”

“Perhaps he did not think you were ‘cool’ enough.” Sombra allowed himself a little smile. “You see? I’m already mastering modern expressions.”

“Yeah, like my dad does,” muttered Shining.

Dusk and Sombra laughed again, while Shining rolled his eyes.


“This is amazing!” Trixie flopped onto the bed in her room. “This whole bed is bigger than my travelling cart! And it’s all mine!”

“When Cadence rolls out the welcome wagon, she doesn’t pull any punches,” said Twilight.

“I’ll say! If I’d known all I needed to do was come forward about what happened, I would have just done it straight away.” She rolled around in the sheets. “Oh, I could get used to this.”

Twilight giggled. “The benefits of being the Humble and Apologetic Trixie?”

“But of course. Trixie’s penitence has already started to pay off. Though some penitential grapes would go down a treat,” she added

“I’m sure they would. Hey, I never said but thanks for helping get us out of that illusion,” said Twilight. “I don’t think I would have thought of that, if you weren’t there.”

She nodded proudly. “Trixie has always felt that life is the greatest teacher and experiences are its greatest lessons. Even the ones that make Trixie look back and cringe.”

“Well, I don’t think you need to worry about that one anymore.” Twilight perched herself on the edge of the bed. “By the way, I’m sorry for what I said. About retracting my forgiveness, I mean.”

“Don’t be. Looking back on it, I… I guess there was still some stuff I hadn’t fully dealt with,” she admitted. “Hearing how you’ve messed up before helped give me some perspective, I guess. So thanks and… I’m sorry again, for what I did. Really, I am.”

She smiled. “It’s alright, Trixie. Honestly, when I think back on how I showed you up in the first place, it was really just a freak set of circumstances.”

“Ugh, tell me about it! Those two foals, what were they call again? Doesn’t matter,” she said at once. “If it wasn’t for them and thinking what a great idea it would be to lead an Ursa into town… then again, something like that probably would have happened somewhere down the line anyway.”

“Probably, but that’s all in the past now. I’m willing to let it be water under the bridge, if you are.”

“This time? Yeah, I think so.” Trixie laughed a little. “Tell you what, we could have used that Amulet in that dream or whatever it was that happened.”

“It wasn’t worth the risk, Trixie.”

“I know, I know. But in the moment…” She stared up at the ceiling. “It was tempting.”

Twilight decided not to voice her agreement. She had seen the look on Trixie’s face but facing down an enemy like Fallen, she couldn’t say she wouldn’t be tempted either.

“What was it like? Using the Amulet, I mean?” she asked.

Trixie didn’t reply straight away.

“You can’t imagine it, Twilight. You could just feel the power coursing through when you used it. The power to change whatever you wanted, whenever you wanted. For somepony like me…” She raised one of her hooves up, like she was reaching out. “Nothing else could ever compare. But… I just couldn’t let it take me. N-Not again…”

She rolled over on the bed, facing away from Twilight and wrapped her cape around her a little tighter. Twilight debated for a moment whether or not to say anything to her.

“I can’t say I understand, Trixie. I’ve faced danger before, but I’ve always had my magic or my friends to count on. But for what it’s worth, I meant what I told you after we got away. You are strong for turning down that power. Stronger than most other ponies would be. And… I owe you another apology,” she added. “I didn’t give you enough credit. I still doubted you, before all this. Maybe… maybe I hadn’t quite dealt with some things too. You came along, even though you didn’t have to and you really came through. Thank you and… I’m sorry.”

She chanced a look at Trixie. She was looking over her shoulder at Twilight. She rolled over again and moved to sit next to her on the edge of the bed. She placed a hoof on her shoulder and smiled when Twilight did.

“Apology accepted. Thanks.” Her familiar smirk flickered back. “So what you’re saying is, without me we wouldn’t have made it?”

Twilight smirked back. “Hey, I never said that.”

“You didn’t have to. It’s so obvious, just to look at you.” She stepped off the bed and turned to face her. “You are fortunate, Twilight Sparkle, that the Great and Powerful Trixie was with you on this quest! I don’t know how you’re going to cope when we part ways.”

“I think we’ll manage,” she said with a titter.

“And when we next meet, I shall be Greater and Powerful-er! Wait, that’s not right, is it?” She frowned, then waved a hoof. “Well anyway, I shall use my time here in the Empire to study more magic! Spells the likes of which you’ve never seen and grow ever stronger! Then when we next duel, the outcome will be much different than last time.”

“So long as you don’t go casting spells on my friends, I think I can rise to that challenge. You’re on Trixie!”

“If you’re going to duel in here, make sure you don’t make too much of a mess,” a familiar voice said. “We just had the walls and floor polished.”

Cadence was standing near the door, an amused smile on her face. Trixie’s expression suddenly turned sheepish and she bowed to Cadence.

“Princess, thank you so much again for letting me stay. I promise that I’ll-“

“There’s no need for any of that, Trixie and please, call me Cadence.” She sat at a nearby table and gestured for the two to join her. “You’ve been through a great deal so just rest. You deserve it.”

“O-Okay. Thank you Prin- I mean Cadence!” she corrected quickly. “You’ve been really kind.”

“It’s what I would do for anypony, especially a friend of Twilight’s. Now, if it’s alright with you, I had some questions I wanted to ask you about your contact with Fallen Soul and his associates. But not right now, of course. We can wait until you’re fully rested and-“

“No, no, it’s fine!” said Trixie. “You’ve already given so much, it’s the least I can do.”

“If you’re sure you can manage. Just start from the beginning, tell us as much as you can.”

Twilight listened intently while Trixie regaled her story. How Test Tube had met her at the farm and told her of the Amulet, even offering the bits for her to purchase it. The only thing he’d mentioned was that his ‘employer’ would seek her out again afterward and made some remark about how she handled ‘sensitive information’ at the same time. After that, she’d gone to get the Amulet and verified his claims. They knew the rest of what happened after and didn’t go into it again.

“It seems a little weird that he knew where the Amulet was and had the money, but didn’t get it for himself,” said Twilight.

“Perhaps he hoped to use Trixie as an intermediary of sorts. Let her get it for him, especially since the bazaar was located in Canterlot,” reasoned Cadence. “And you’ve been laying low since what happened in Ponyville?”

“Pretty much. Trixie knows how to shy from the spotlight, if she needs to.” Fear clouded her face again. “He… he won’t come looking for me here, will he?”

Cadence patted her hoof. “Trixie, I can personally assure you that you’re completely safe here. The power of the Crystal Heart protects the Empire from all that would do it harm and my Shining, former Captain of the Royal Guard, has personally trained all of the guards here. Even if things got really bad, the Princesses in Canterlot can respond to any call for aid which I can send to them instantly. You’ve been very brave for coming to us about this and we’re not letting any harm come to you, if we can help it.”

Though she still looked a little apprehensive, Trixie seemed put at ease.

“Thank you, Cadence.” She laughed awkwardly. “Honestly, this is all a lot to take in.”

“That’s understandable. Normally, I’d offer to show you around but I need to be away in Canterlot soon and my husband will have his hooves full while I’m gone. Twilight, maybe you could stay and help Trixie get better acquainted?” suggested Cadence.

“Huh?” She caught the look her former foalsitter gave her. “Oh yes, I’d be happy to. If you want to that is, Trixie.”

“Well, perhaps Trixie could deign to tolerate your company a little longer. But uh, I could really go for a rest right now,” she said.

Cadence nodded. “Of course. We’ll leave you to it. Twilight, can I talk to you for a bit?”

Twilight followed her out. A last glance at Trixie saw her giving her a grateful look which she returned.

“Poor thing,” murmured Cadence when they were outside. “She’s been through so much. I’m sorry to delay your return again, Twilight. I know you two don’t have the best history, but I think a familiar presence will do her some good, at least for a little while.”

“It’s fine, Cadence. I think we managed to resolve a few outstanding issues. I wouldn’t say we’re friends yet, but it’s better than it was.”

She beamed. “That’s wonderful to hear. It’s hard to believe sometimes that you’re the same little filly, who always went around with her nose buried in a book.”

“I still do, I just have more ponies around me to warn me if I’m about to walk into something,” she joked.

“Always an important quality in anypony.” She glanced back at Trixie’s room. “You made a good partial point though. If Fallen wanted the Alicorn Amulet, it’s odd he hasn’t tried to retrieve it.”

Twilight thought for a moment. “Maybe he doesn’t know about it or it’s only part of what he has planned. It seems like he wanted to recruit Trixie and Doom to his cause, but it didn’t work out like he wanted. I guess it’s a good thing they came back with us.”

“I’ll agree to that. It does make me wonder what exactly he does have in mind, if he can afford to overlook such a powerful artefact.” She touched a hoof to her head. “It seems we have more questions than answers, even with what Trixie told us and I’m not sure Doom will know any more than she does.”

“Yeah and he’s not exactly talkative at the best of times, unless he’s telling somepony how weak or pathetic they are.” Twilight paused, then asked: “You sure you’re going to be alright with him around?”

“If anypony knows how to keep somepony in line, it’s me and your brother, Twilight. We’ll be fine.” She glanced out of the window and gasped. “Oh, better get a move on. Even if we leave now, it’ll still be night fall by the time we arrive in Canterlot.”

“But the next train isn’t for another hour. I memorised the schedule,” she answered Cadence’s questioning look.

Cadence giggled. “Of course you did. But I keep to my own schedule and we’ll be taking our own train. Don’t worry, I’ll look after Dusk while you’re here.”

“Don’t let him wander off and get into trouble. Actually, Cadence, there’s something I wanted to ask you. A-About Dusk, I mean,” she added, feeling her cheeks warm.

“Oh? What’s on your mind, Twilight?”

“Don’t worry, it’s nothing bad, really!” she said quickly. “It’s just uh… well, the thing is… I-I wanted to ask about…”

No matter how much she tried, she just couldn’t get the words out. Mainly due to the subject matter, but also because she had a feeling of how Cadence would react when she asked. The thought only made her even more embarrassed. Even now, she could see the knowing smirk forming on her face.

“Y-You and my brother. Uh… how long were you, well, together before you… before he uh… I mean, w-when did you get enga-?”

“Twilight!” Trixie’s voice echoed down the hall. “They just sent me a chocolate fountain with things to dip! You’ve got to try some of these, they’re amazing!”

“Be there in a second! Sorry,” she added to Cadence.

“It’s alright. I think I know what this is about, but I don’t want us both feeling rushed to talk about it.” She thought for a few seconds. “Tell you what, why don’t we talk when we next see each other? I assume you’ll be coming to Luna’s Star Celebration Ball.”

Twilight gasped with excitement. “Of course! It’s the first ever one, as official commemoration and celebration of her return! There’s no way I’m missing it and neither will my friends.”

“Then I’ll see you in two days and we’ll resume this then. Although, just to give an initial answer…” She glanced around conspiratorially, then whispered, “One year.”

“O-Oh. Really?”

“Mmhmm. You and Dusk have been dating for as long, if not longer, if I remember right.” She winked. “Hope that helps, for now. See you soon!”

With a little wave, Cadence cantered off down the hall. Twilight did her best to calm her rushing mind as she turned around and went back to go see what had gotten Trixie so excited.

Author's Note:

Next update will be Friday 30th September. See you then!