• Published 27th Dec 2013
  • 3,246 Views, 301 Comments

A Ray of Dusk - AlphatheGriffin17



The changelings are gone, Canterlot is safe and the fighting is finished. Little do Dusk and his friends know that the battle is far from over and the war is just beginning.

  • ...
11
 301
 3,246

Sombra Feelings

“So we’ve got another former villain who’s learned the magic of friendship,” remarked Rainbow. “Anypony else notice this happening a lot recently?”

“Well, it is how our friendship started, ain’t it?” said Applejack. “Never figured it’d happen and they’d end up datin’ each other though.”

“Funny how that happens, isn’t it?” said Ray. “A former king of shadows with the Princess of the Night. Eh, I ship it.”

“Me too!” cried Pinkie, staring across at them. “They’re just so cute! Aw they look so happy! I just wanna bake this moment into a cake and eat it!”

“He does seem very dashing, dressed like that,” said Rarity. “Very, very dashing.”

“Rarity, don’t be naughty,” chastised Fluttershy with a giggle. “I do see what you mean though. It’s hard to believe he was the same stallion trying to take over the Empire. He looks so nice.”

“Flutters, I’m sat right here.”

“I know, Ray.” She nuzzled his cheek and kissed it. “I’m just teasing. You’re the only stallion for me.”

“Oh. Right, yeah, I knew that,” he said with his cheeks flushed.

Dusk and Twilight shared a smile at the reactions of their friends. They’d managed to find a table at the Star Celebration Ball and were content to enjoy one another’s company for the night. Spike was off catching up with Cadence and things going on in the Empire while Celestia was entertaining some other guests. Luna and Sombra were very much still enamoured by each other and they thought it best not to interfere.

“It sounds like you had an interesting time of things before we got here,” said Twilight. “I heard something about a cake being ruined?”

Pinkie gasped dramatically. “Dusk! How could you?! A poor dessert cut down in its prime!”

“Sorry Pinkie, but it was acting with presumed hostile intent. I had no choice but to respond appropriately, though its loss is still a tragic one,” he agreed.

“What is the world coming to, where delicious cakes are acting in this way?” she sighed. “Oh well, I’m sure it was for a good cause.”

“One of the best. On that note, I do believe we’re about to be joined by Canterlot’s newest power couple.”

They looked to see Luna excitedly approaching their table whilst Sombra remained behind a little, seemingly apprehensive.

“My friends! I’m so pleased you could come tonight, you are all most welcome!”

“Wouldn’t miss it, princess,” said Applejack. “This here’s a mighty fine shindig ya put on here.”

“Yeah you’ve got some great sweet treats!” Pinkie had suddenly an armful of cakes with her. “Though you look like you’ve got yourself a nice piece of arm candy yourself.”

Luna blushed and giggled. “I would certainly agree. Come, my crystal king! I wish you to meet my friends!”

“I have been… previously acquainted, in a manner of speaking,” said Sombra with an awkward smile. “But it is good to see you all again. I hope you’re all enjoying yourselves.”

“It’s been simply delightful and may I say, Sombra, you clean up very nicely.” Rarity studied him closely. “I feel rather inspired to make a similar line of clothes in classic historical style. If you have time, I’d be very indebted if you could help model them?”

“I shall make certain I have room in my schedule. You must be Rarity.” He twirled his hoof and bowed. “An honour and pleasure to meet you.”

“Oh my…” Rarity fanned herself as she blushed. “You uh, don’t have any brothers do you?”

“An only child I’m afraid and even if I wasn’t, I think any relatives I have would be past their prime,” said Sombra with a chuckle.

“Oh well, can’t fault a mare for asking,” she shrugged.

“Yeah, you’ve changed a lot since the last time we saw you.” Rainbow squinted at him. “You better not be faking this whole reform thing, King Sombra.”

“Rainbow Dash!” snapped Luna. “You are very brazen to show such disrespect in my presence!”

“Luna, please. Her concerns are not entirely unfounded.” Sombra looked at her. “For what it’s worth, Rainbow, if I ever do set down the path of evil again, you may have the first blow.”

“Yeah and don’t you forget it. But…” She let a small smile appear. “I guess you don’t seem too bad.”

“I’m pleased to have the approval of the Element of Loyalty. Luna tells me you’re quite the accomplished flyer. You’ll have to give me a demonstration sometime,” he said.

She smirked at him. “I got a better idea. I never got the chance to do the jousting at the Crystal Faire, back when you were still the bad guy. You need to make up for that.”

“How can I back down from a challenge such as that? Very well then, we shall arrange something. Though don’t be surprised if the outcome may not be what you think,” he said.

“Trust me, that ain’t gonna stop her,” piped up Applejack. “Once that Pegasus gets a challenge, ya’d have ta tie her down ta stop her and even then, I reckon that wouldn’t do it.”

“Like you’re any better,” returned Rainbow. “Just you wait AJ, I’m gonna show this guy.”

“Oh I’ll wait, if only ta watch him serve ya up on a fancy platter.” She went to shake his hoof. “Well, mighty nice ta meetcha when ya ain’t an evil cloud-a shadows, yer highness. Name’s Applejack.”

“I recall, good farmer and please, just Sombra will be fine. I am nopony’s king.”

“Not entirely true,” said Luna as she snuggled into his side. Rainbow managed to restrain a gag.

“Well, Jus’ Sombra,” she said with a wink, “glad ta see yer on our side this time. Ya look like a good pony to have in a scrape.”

He nodded. “As do you. I gather from Rainbow’s observation that you’re one for friendly competition and I see that farm life keeps you in excellent shape.”

“Mighty kind-a ya ta notice, Sombra. Whatcha have in mind?” she asked.

“Something simple. A hoof wrestle perhaps?”

“I’ll hold ya to that, but how ‘bout we give it a few minutes? Ya start gettin’ yer hooves on a mare after sayin’ she’s in good shape and yer princess might get the wrong idea,” she said with a chuckle.

“Ah, my apologies,” he said, looking sheepish again. “I let myself get carried away. It has been a long time since I attended an event such as this.”

“Aww you don’t need to be sorry!” Pinkie approached and nudged him. “Come on, Sombra! You gotta loosen up and have some fun! I thought that since you lived all the way up north, you’d be more…” Her grin widened. “Chill!”

She snorted and fell into full blown laughter. Sombra stared at her, utterly bewildered. Not an uncommon reaction to Pinkie Pie. But then he did something Dusk didn’t expect.

He smiled. Then he started to chuckle. And before long, he too had erupted into hearty guffawing. This only added to Pinkie’s laughter as she wrapped her foreleg around his neck and patted his shoulder.

“More chill…!” he repeated breathlessly. He took a moment to collect himself. “It’s little wonder which aspect of harmony you must be, Pinkie Pie.”

“What can I say?” she shrugged. “I’m good at what I do.”

“You might say that you’re in your…” His grin matched her earlier one. “Element?”

“Huh? Oh, oh, ohhhh!” That set them both off again. “Did you guys hear that?! He punned! All hail Sombra, king of puns!”

“That is a title I can gladly accept. My sincerest thanks, Pinkie. I have not laughed like that since… well, not for a long time,” he murmured.

“I’m sorry to hear that,” said Fluttershy. “Don’t worry though, we’ll do our best to make you smile as much as possible. I know Pinkie certainly will.”

“Yep yep yep! And hey, look at you Fluttershy!” She darted over to hug her. “Managing to talk to the new pony without getting all nervous, I’m so proud!”

Fluttershy blushed. “Th-Thank you, Pinkie. But you don’t have to make, um, a fuss about it.”

“I would disagree. Overcoming personal obstacles is always worthy of note, in my view,” said Sombra. “I am certain the strength of your spirit does much to match the essence of your kindness, Fluttershy. Thank you for making me feel welcome.”

“O-Oh. Um…” Her blush increased, but her smile was evident. “I um… y-you’re welcome.”

“Okay, I really need to start writing some of this stuff down or I need to try and get a much cooler voice.” Ray affected a deeper tone. “One that sounds good playing over trailers for movies since apparently, that’s what Fluttershy likes.”

“Ray, don’t be silly!” she giggled, nuzzling him again. “You’re perfect just the way you are, voice and all.”

He harrumphed teasingly. “I’ll believe that when you stop making goo-goo eyes at himself and his perfectly chiselled jawline. Seriously, how do you get something like that?”

Sombra chuckled. “I cannot tell if this is jealousy or attraction you’re expressing, Ray Strike.”

“It can’t be both? I mean I’m not into stallions but even I can’t deny that… Wait…” He frowned at Sombra. “You remember me?”

“Of course. I am sorry for the pain you’ve had to endure in your life, young one,” said Sombra. “The task I’ve assigned myself may help in some way. I can’t make any promises this early, but if something does arise, you’ll be the first to know.”

“I… appreciate that. Thanks, Sombra.” He smiled more easily. “You’re definitely a lot better than when I last saw you. Sad to see you ditched the mascara though.”

“You spoke of this last time, I recall.” He looked to Luna. “My love, what is mascara?”

“I shall explain later. Suffice to say for now, it serves to enhance the eyes and make them stand out more.”

“Ah, like war paint of some description? Well then, perhaps I should adopt the use of this mascara in battle!” His fierce grin faded when everypony started laughing. “I don’t understand, what’s so amusing?”

“Oh Sombra!” Pinkie giggled. “For a stallion of dark and shadow, you sure are a hoot!”

“I… fail to see what owls have to do with this situation, but I shall accept that as a compliment. I think,” he said with a frown.

“How’s the translation going anyway, Sombra?” asked Twilight.

“Still early days, young one. Rest assured that I’m up to the task, however.”

Twilight tapped her hooves with excitement. “Well if you ever need help, I happen to know a bit about ancient pony languages. I’d be happy to lend a hoof.”

“Indeed?” He scrawled something on a piece of parchment and levitated it to her. “Read this.”

“Ooh a test!” She scanned it and frowned. “Eggs, milk, sugar. Sombra, this is just a shopping list.”

“In essence, yes and yet you translated it within moments. I believe I shall take you up on that offer, young Twilight. Celestia has taught you well, it seems.”

“Yeah she’s a great teacher. Buuuut I also do a lot of my own reading and honestly, what pony hasn’t translated the original history of Equestria because they were bored one day?” she asked with a forced laugh.

“Yeah, who hasn’t?” sniggered Rainbow.

“Then that is even more impressive. You’d do well to keep up with this one, Dusk or she’ll be off and away before you know it,” said Sombra.

Dusk shrugged. “That’s very much the dynamic we have. She leads the way…”

“And he nervously brings up the rear,” she finished with a laugh. “In all seriousness though, I like to think we challenge each other.”

“An invaluable dynamic, just as I allow Sombra the faint hope that he may yet defeat me in one of our sparring sessions,” said Luna.

Sombra huffed. “I’m simply out of practice. You wait, Luna. I’ll best you and then you won’t be so smug.”

“Perhaps but until then, smugness abounds!” she declared. Her eyes turned to see others joining them. “Ah, dear niece and young Spike. Good of you to grace us with your presence.”

“Of course, auntie.” She hugged Twilight and sat down. “I was just telling Spike that they’ve already started updating his statue in the Empire to match his current age.”

“Yeah, no big deal,” said Spike with false modesty. “After all, can’t have the crystal ponies forget what Spike the Brave and Glorious looks like.”

“Ah yes, you are the young dragon who saved the Empire. Much bigger than when I last saw you,” Sombra grinned unpleasantly. “Now that you are here, I can at last exact vengeance for your efforts in ending my dominion!”

Spike screamed and jumped back. Rainbow and Applejack immediately rounded on the former king, who at once dropped his grin and held his hooves up.

“A jest, merely a jest!” he said quickly. “My apologies, that was perhaps in poor taste.”

“Y-You think?” Spike snapped.

The guilt was evident on Sombra’s face. “I’m sorry, Spike and everypony. I mean you no harm, truly.”

“I-It’s okay, I guess,” said Spike, slowly coming back to the table. “Just wasn’t expecting it.”

“Yeah, maybe give that a lil’ more time,” suggested Applejack. “Can’t blame folks for still bein’ a bit jumpy on the matter.”

“Of course, I shall keep that in mind. In truth, young dragon, I commend you for your bravery. The praise you’ve earned is well deserved and I can see that you will grow into an impressive specimen of dragonkind,” he said sincerely. “We are fortunate to count you as an ally.”

“Well, I am Twilight’s number one dragon assistant too,” he said with pride. “Now that I’ve got Saviour of the Crystal Empire under my belt and I’ve gotten bigger, who knows what else is in store for me?”

“A pin to deflate your big head, mister,” remarked Twilight and rapped him lightly on the skull.

“I’m sure he knows to keep himself in check,” said Cadence. “So Twilight, how were things in the Empire before you left? Shining hasn’t let the palace burn down, has he?”

“Considering it’s made of crystal, that’d be impressive if he managed,” said Twilight. “But everything is fine. Trixie’s already gotten herself settled in. I think she’s liking being under the Empire’s protection. A lot.”

“I can imagine. And what about Doom?”

“So Twilight wasn’t kidding about that either?” Rainbow gritted her teeth. “Don’t tell me we’re expected to be making friends with that guy too.”

“He’s definitely not at that stage,” said Twilight. “Shining is keeping a close watch on him. He hasn’t complained about it, so I take that as a good sign. It’s… definitely going to be slow progress, but I’m sure Cadence can keep us updated when she’s back in the Empire.”

“Yeah, if there’s even gonna be an Empire to go back to with him around.” Rainbow rose from the table. “I need some air.”

They watched her go, hovering above the floor and not bothering to apologise to ponies who had to get out of her way.

“I’ll go and talk to her,” said Dusk.

He followed at a distant pace and waited until she was out on the balcony. He gave it a few seconds, then went out to join her.

Never one for hiding how she felt, Rainbow was obviously displeased. Her features were set in a scowl and she tapped a hoof rapidly.

“Don’t expect me to apologise,” she said.

“I wasn’t going to ask you to,” replied Dusk. “You have every right to feel the way you are.”

“Damn straight.” She stomped her hoof. “Discord was already pushing it and Sombra’s cool enough, I guess. Trixie had that stupid amulet, but Doom? If anypony expects me to shake hooves and make up with that jerk, they’ve got another thing coming!”

Dusk nodded. “I understand.”

“Of course you do! I just don’t get how you can just give him another shot. First, here’s all the stuff with Discord. After that, he was in your head for months, trying to get you to break and when he did, he took over our home and mind controlled all of our friends. He broke my wings, Dusk!” She flexed the limbs in question and turned to him. “How can you, of all ponies, say that he’s all good now? I know he comes from you or whatever, but no matter what he says, he isn’t your actual brother.”

“No, he isn’t. Not in the conventional sense. But as you say, he’s still a part of me and the fact of the matter is that if it weren’t for him, for the changes he was willing to accept, I probably wouldn’t be here talking to you.” He placed a hoof on her shoulder. “I don’t much like it either, Rainbow. But I’d rather have him and know where he is, than be out there with nopony to rein him in. Consider it the lesser of two bad situations.”

She reluctantly nodded. “Yeah, I guess it would suck if anypony else had to deal with him. Trixie isn’t exactly a saint, but I don’t envy her for that job.”

“I don’t think any of us do,” said Dusk. “But at least he’s all the way up north and with ponies we know and trust. If anything happens, they’ll let us know and we’ll deal with it. I promise.”

“Fine.” She let out a sigh. “I’m not apologising for how I feel, but I’m sorry for making you come out here. You’ve already dealt with enough tonight.”

“You don’t have anything to apologise for, Rainbow. You’d do the same for me.”

“Yeah, but it’s not just that.” She glanced about uncertainly. “I know I can be… well, a little hotheaded.”

“A little?”

“Shut up.” She nudged his leg. “And I know we don’t always see eye-to-eye on stuff. Like after Ray told us his… big secret. I got all worked up and I almost took that out on you and Twilight. I’m not saying I’m completely okay with that whole thing, but that wasn’t cool of me. I… I don’t wanna be butting heads with a friend. So… sorry.”

Dusk blinked a few times while she hanged her head. He certainly hadn’t expected this tonight. But it was welcome regardless.

“It’s alright, Rainbow. I think all of our emotions were running high in the wake of Ray’s… confession. It’s not the kind of thing that’s easy to process and come to terms with. I know that firsthand…” He placed a hoof on her shoulder. “I don’t hold it against you and I’m sure Twilight doesn’t either. Whatever happens, Rainbow, you always come through in the end. It’s just one of the many things I admire about you.”

“Yeah?” She smiled when he nodded. “Thanks, man. You’re a pretty cool friend, you know that?”

“So are you. Hey,” he said putting on a smile, “you looking forward to Baltimare this weekend?”

“Am I?!” Her old energy flared up again and she grinned. “They’re not gonna know what hit them! Your costume all ready to go?”

“Just a few finishing touches, but I can do that when we get home. I’ll have time before we get on the train and a little more when we get to the hotel. Is yours ready?” he asked.

“You know it! This is gonna be great! It’s been so long since we hung out, just you and me. I know Twilight and Spike are gonna be along the next day, but it’ll be cool to hang for a bit together. Be nice to get away from Ponyville for a bit after… well, everything.”

He nodded. “I quite agree. A little holiday to have some fun and come back, ready to tackle whatever problems present themselves.”

“Sounds like a plan!” She bumped his hoof, still grinning. “Thanks for the talk, dude. It helped.”

“Not at all. Honestly, I think it did me some good as well. Now, shall we head back inside? We don’t want to miss the hoof wrestle between the good farmer and former king.”

“Yeah, I’m down for that. Who’ve you got your bet on?”

“Well Applejack definitely has good physical strength but I think Sombra just might be able to eke her out. He’s quite strong himself.”

“Oh yeah? You willing to put bits on that?”

“You know what Rainbow? Maybe just this once…”

The two ponies walked back into the ballroom, leaving the cold of the night behind them. As they neared the table, it looked like Applejack and Sombra were getting ready to commence their contest. He also noted that Twilight and Cadence were absent. He spotted them, at the far side of the hall.

Telling Rainbow to go on ahead, he made his way over to let them know what was happening. As he got closer, he happened to pick up a part of the hushed conversation Twilight was having with her former foalsitter.

“… know if I’m ready for it?”

“Honestly, Twilight, it’s difficult to say. It’s something that requires a lot of thought, but knowing you I’m sure you have that front covered.”

“You’re telling me.” She sighed. “I think I… no, I know I want to. I just don’t know about him.”

“Sorry, Twilight. He’s the only one who can tell you that. But honestly? I don’t think you have anything to worry about on that front.”

“If you say so. I just- oh Dusk!” Twilight’s face blushed up a storm. “I-I didn’t see you there!”

“Sorry for startling you. I was just coming to get you for the upcoming test of strength.” He looked at her with concern. “Is everything-?”

“Fine, yes, everything’s fine! Better get back to the others, see you in a bit!” She said all of this very fast before hurrying away.

“Before you get worried,” said Cadence quietly, “it isn’t anything bad.”

Dusk felt his cheeks warm up. “I-I don’t know what you-“

“Dusk, come on. I can see the look on your face,” she said with a gentle smile. “Before you ask about the details, I can’t tell you. It’s just between us mares. Just trust me and Twilight. You’ll find out soon enough.”

Despite her assurances, Dusk couldn’t help but be tempted to ask anyway. It was obvious that it was something to do with him and it was something Twilight was clearly getting herself worked up over. Then again, it wasn’t difficult for her to get worked up about anything, big or small.

Not only that, but when it came to his relationship with Twilight, Cadence had never steered him wrong. She’d always been there to offer advice and she’d been by his side in one of his lowest points to bring him back up.

“Alright then,” he said. “I trust you both. You promise it’s nothing to be worried about?”

“I promise. In fact,” she said in a conspiratorial whisper, “when the time comes, I think you’re going to be very pleasantly surprised.”

“Oh. Oh! Um… I mean, I don’t think I…”

Cadence giggled. “It isn’t anything to do with that either. Get your mind out of the gutter, you dirty stallion.”

“But I wasn’t-!”

“No, of course you weren’t,” she said with a wink. “Now come on, I want to see how this test of strength turned out.”

Doing his best not to linger on what he’d just heard and what it could mean, Dusk followed Cadence back to the table.


Far away from Canterlot, in a long abandoned and converted diamond dog mine, another gathering was taking place around a table, in the heart of their hideout. There was no laughter or carefree good times here, but a malevolent sense of purpose from those gathered at the table.

At the furthest end sat Selena the Thestral, her yellow eyes moved with mild curiosity at her fellows. Opposite her was Osteo, an earth pony and one of the newer members, sat with his eyes closed though his ears listened intently. Next to him was Ligne Grace, once a travelling performer though he hadn’t really demonstrated what his “act” was. He lounged in his seat with a bored expression. Sting, former commander of the Changeling Swarm, glowered at him and anypony else who happened to look his way. The next two seats were occupied by Snick and Slash, the perpetually silent pair, their face covered by theatrical looking masks.

The pony formerly known as Hard Edge, now renamed Cutting Edge, stood at rigid attention at the other end of the table, his mechanical eye glowing a dull red. Dr. Test Tube, a maroon and small specimen of a unicorn stallion, sat opposite his creation whilst trying to look important.

The seat at the head of the table was empty. Every now and again, their eyes would flicker to it and the door leading into the meeting room.

“Is he going to be much longer?” sighed Grace. “I was actually in the middle of something before this little meeting.”

“I haven’t even met our illustrious leader yet,” said Selena. “I can’t say I much abide by his punctuality though.”

“He is impressive,” said Osteo shortly. “I should like to test my strength against him.”

“Don’t get your hopes up,” muttered Sting.

“All of you, be quiet!” snapped Tube. “Our master isn’t here to cater to your wishes and whims! We have a purpose for which he has gathered us all and we will see it is fulfilled.”

“A purpose which he hasn’t seen fit to tell us about yet,” noted Selena. “You talked a big game, Tube but I’ve yet to actually see it.”

“Don’t let him get you wound up too much,” said Grace. “He’s just antsy because he wants to be the one in the big chair.”

“That is utterly…!” Tube sat back down and cleared his throat. “While I will admit that I have provided the uh, the most backing in this operation, including our headquarters, I am… content with my position. Just so long as I reap my just reward.”

“The snake who lies curled in the grass for the unwary,” remarked Osteo. “But just as likely to be trod upon.”

Tube flushed but said nothing, at least not to them and started muttering quietly under his breath.

But he stopped when they all heard the same sound. A steady, rhythmic metal clanking. All eyes turned to the door, the sound getting closer with every second. A blood red surrounded the door and it opened.

The armoured figure of Fallen Soul strode into the room. He didn’t so much as glance at them, his armour rattling while he walked. Even Grace sat a little straighter in his seat. He swept back his cloak and sat down. Everypony seemed to hold their breath, waiting for him to speak.

When he did, even though he wore a helmet, they all heard him as clearly as if he was whispering right into their ear.

“The princess has been found.”

“Master, that is excellent news!” cried Tube. “How did you find her?”

“Snick and Slash must be offered thanks. ‘Twas their network of contacts that allowed me to surmise her current location. Naturally, she must be retrieved at once.”

“But master, what of the others?”

“Thou needest not trouble thyself, Doctor. The majority of their locations have been determined. Thou hast almost completed preparations for their accommodation?”

“Everything is almost prepared, master. Only a final few preparations. M-May I say as well what an honour it is to see our plan soon be brought to-“

Soul snapped his head in Tube’s direction. “Enough of thy fawning, Doctor. The plan is not yet complete. For that, we must needs ensure the return of Samore. A two pony team will suffice for this task. We do not want the wrong attention to be drawn.”

“Sir, allow me to be a part of it,” said Sting. “I will see to it personally that the princess is-“

“-permitted to escape us once again, as she did before under thy watch?” interrupted Soul. “I think not. Thou art too close to this matter, Sting. Better measures are called for.”

Sting gritted his teeth and hissed, but said nothing.

“I feel I must point out the obvious,” said Grace, “but none of us exactly blend in with the crowd. It’ll be rather difficult to get her back completely unnoticed.”

“Thou needst not be too concerned, Grace. Our sources have determined that Samore was witnessed at an event today, one which plays host to extravagantly dressed individuals. However, thy point is well taken.” He turned his helmet to him. “That is why I have decided that thee and Osteo shall attend this matter.”

“Indeed?” Grace raised his eyebrows and smirked. “Well, it has been some time, I suppose. She’ll be in for quite a surprise.”

“Finding a princess. Such a thing is beneath my skills,” muttered Osteo. “You promised me battle, Soul.”

“I did. Our sources have also determined that the princess has found something of an escort.” He held up an image with his magic. “Perhaps she may offer thee good sport?”

“A griffin.” Osteo’s interest was piqued. “It has been sometime since I fought one of their kind. They are fierce fighters, even the lowest of them.”

“Good. Remember to be discreet, but if thou comes into conflict with her, end her as thou seeest fit.”

He placed the image down. It depicted a griffin female, with white feathers around her head and brown fur on her lion half. A few feathers poked out the top of her head, like a fringe as she cast about a suspicious gaze in the photo.

Osteo allowed himself a grin. Yes, she looked like she would make very good sport.

Author's Note:

Next update will be Friday 8th October. See you then!