• Published 12th May 2015
  • 215 Views, 3 Comments

Unifinished Normal Tales - Normal



Various stories of various completion. The tales range from Pinkie Pie the Unicorn to Scootaloo the Mentor

  • ...
2
 3
 215

Mother Rose

Hush, child, don't you cry.

Don't you cry.

Don't cry...fly.

The time, the time is nigh.

Hush child, never more shall you cry...

"Yessss..."

The trees were speaking, all around me, leaves shuffling together, their leaves whispering secrets to each other, secrets a pony was never meant to know. I wasn't supposed to know.

I wasn't supposed to be here.

I was...

Scared.

"Just the wind, " The confidence in my voice slips, "The wind..." Is not something that reassures me but rather my fears, "The wind can't hurt you..."

As if feeding off of the fear oozing from my own weak words, the wind strengthens, attacking me. Its claws dig into my flesh, raking across my cutie mark before it rips away my cloak. I'm left bare to its advances and can naught but cry out. The cloak's dance in the wind may be elegant but without its protection I could take no comfort.

And then the whispering, the secrets, the screaming!

They were back.

Sinister laughter seemed to laugh at my newfound bareness, that's what broke me free. I may have been bound by the shackles of fear but now that it what drove me forward. My hooves broke the tough ground beneath me, dirt and leaves spraying out behind me.

Don't you cry.

I'm going to sing you a lullabye.

"Why!" I cry out in aungish.

This journey was supposed to be simple. The closest town wasn't far, why didn't I leave sooner.

I hadn't known, that's why.

I couldn't have known.

Cold kicks and stabs my belly before tearing my tail to the side. I almost collapse right then and there. The journey had never been like this. I had gone to market week after week, why...

What's the point in asking that to yourself?

What should have been five, no, ten minutes at most had turned into a joke. Thirty minutes at least had passed since I realized how close I was...my swollen belly churned at the thought and something else kicked me. This was no wind, but something precious. The kick came from inside, and that's the whole reason-

I couldn't give up.

My eyes faded. The sounds slowed. A whisper turned to a murmur turned to a unheard thought...

Everything went quiet.

Then wailing. A foal crying in pain. In need of someone to take care of it.

My eyes open again, struggling against weakness, against nights of no sleep. There is an orange foal, a filly, not many hoof steps away. I see her there clear as day but for all appearances I cannot tell if she sees me. She's so young, a mere child, with no cutie mark to brand her destiny. Nothing to mark where she belongs or who she belongs with.

A thought takes flight, she could be mine. She may be a pegasus, and I an earth pony, but her coat. It's not so different. Rose red to sunset orange? She's turning, a sound catching her attention. Could it be...my filly? My little girl?

"Scootaloo!"

Mine!

She was mine! My filly. Who were these...interlopers.. to steal her from me. My little girl was looking right through me, as if I wasn't even there, nonexistent to the world of equines. A yellow filly and a white one have stolen her. Stolen! From me, her own mother!

Author's Note:

Scootaloo gets a haunting

Comments ( 1 )

This please Ultron greatly.

Login or register to comment