• Published 29th Feb 2012
  • 8,090 Views, 785 Comments

when slenderman left me in paradise - Jimbob



slenderman isn't all that bad i suppose

  • ...
34
 785
 8,090

PreviousChapters Next
white everywhere

[Knight]

{Me}

“You’re assuming you have a say in the matter.”

“Yeah because I do, you can’t just say ‘hey buddy guess what? It’s your turn to guard the country, good luck!’ and expect me to jump at the chance.”

“I don’t care if you want it or not the fates said it was your destiny.”

“Right, fates, destiny, so let’s pretend that I go along with this plan, why me? All I’ve managed to do in this world is kill things; Manticores, dragons, timber wolves, and what ever those black things were.”

“You seem to forget that in most of those instances you were only killing to defend those who needed it.”

“And the time I wasn’t? When I killed those wolves in the forest? Or how about all the ponies I just killed out of anger just a few minutes ago?”

“Those wolves would have threatened the innocent eventually. And what you call ponies were actually changelings, tell me do you know what a changeling is?” my silence served as answer enough.

“A changeling is a parasite of the worst kind; they take the form of a loved one and slowly change their partner to become a hermit, all the while they’re feeding off the love from the relationship. Then once their partner is as low as they can get, they leave them to hunt for a new meal.

By this time the partner has isolated themselves and broken all contact with friends and family, normally violently at the changeling’s desire, they fall into a deep spiral of depression normally leading to a life alone or even suicide. So tell me do you still regret their deaths? Even knowing the lives you have saved?”

“I didn’t know they were changelings at the time and still willing attacked them. Nah I wouldn’t be a good defender of Equestria you should go ask captain planet! He would protect the shit out of this place.”

“Let me put this simply for you shall I? If you don’t step up to the plate and defend Equestria ponies will die and I guarantee you that Twilight will be one of the first.” My blood went cold when he said that.

“Is that a threat?” voice in my head or not no one threats my friends.

“No it is a fact, you know as well as I do that if an apocalyptic event were to take place that the elements of Harmony would be the first line of defense and you also know that they will die trying to defend their home. So now make the choice; defend Equestria or let your friends die, which is it?” I stared darkly at the whiteness, this hadn’t been a fair choice from the beginning and it knew it.

“Fine I’ll take your deal” but I wouldn’t be happy about it.

“Good because it’s time for you too wake up” then the whiteness began to fade away; just before the last of the whiteness disappeared I felt a burning sensation on my hand. I looked down at my hand and saw a strange design that looked like it had been tattooed there in black ink.

“What the fuck?’

“My mark you’ll need it.” Before I could ask why I slipped back to sleep or out of coconsciousness or whatever the fuck that was.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

*BEEP*

Oh god not again.

*BEEP*

So we met again heart monitor! Tell me are you here to avenge you fallen brother?!

I lurched up and looked around. Let’s see we got a room to myself, annoying white everything and a sleeping Twilight on my chest. Wait what? I looked down and sure enough there was Twilight sleeping on my chest and drooling slightly.


I considered going back to sleep but I decided that I didn't want any more weird dreams so instead I began to stroke Twilight’s mane which got me a blissful sign from her. Well at least she’s resting peacefully with no bright white rooms and voice blackmailing you into being a guardian or whatever. I checked my hand slowly, please just have been a realistic dream, please! I looked at my hand; nope the same design was still there.

“Buck it all.” Great and now I was picking up the local curses. I went back to stroking Twilights mane content not to do anything at the moment. Of course the universe wasn’t happy enough to let that happen instead two Alicorn Princess Burst through the door waking up a drowsy Twilight.

“Huh whasit?” aww sleep deprived Twilight is best pony. I kept stroking her mane as she looked towards me.

“Morning Twi” instead of answering she tackle-hugged me back against the bed. Well good at least she didn’t want to kill me. I returned the hug and stroked her mane, until the Celestia cleared her throat earning a blushed smile from Twilight.

“My dearest Twilight if you could give my sister and I a moment to speak with Jake.” All of my NOPE. I have all of no desire to speak with her under any circumstance, not even if she’s gonna tell me that I won the lottery.

I may have not hurt her but it was still awkward as hell that I had been mere inches from ending her life and I got the feeling that she may not have appreciated that. Twilight looked up at me, as much as I didn’t want to talk to the Princess I really didn’t want Twilight to have to choice between me and them.

“I’ll be fine Twi, now shoo off with you then!” I said in a mock English voice. She smiled and gave me one last hug before she hopped off the bed.

“Behave yourself Jake!” she said giving me a stern look. I gave her a thumbs up and turned my attention back too the Princess.

“Now then how can I help you?” Luna was staring liquid death at me while Celestia was looking at me curiously.

“I came here to ask you again why didn’t you kill me?” my head turned to Celestia and I thought about it.

“I suppose it was because I didn’t want to doom world to endless day or night, and because I knew how much you meant to Twilight. Other than that I have no idea why” I said as I shrugged my shoulder with an open palm gesture.

Suddenly my right hand was engulf in a midnight blue aura and forced open and brought out in front of me. Luna stared at me with a skeptical yet nervous glance.

“So do tell Jake, why are you marked by Hades?”

“Say what now?”


A/N: Three Chapters in one day? Well I suppose this makes up for me being gone for a week right?

PreviousChapters Next