• Published 10th Sep 2013
  • 1,565 Views, 19 Comments

MLP: Friendship is Artistically Done - jidbrony



Grand Admiral Thrawn desires to be the new ruler o the Empire and requires a great deal of magical power to get it.

  • ...
6
 19
 1,565

Chapter 3

Chapter 3


The picnic was going well, everyone was enjoying their food and the fine weather, Rainbowdash tan was slowly coming to her liking and Twilight was finally started to relax as her mind began to forget about the strange anomaly she had discovered last night, the only real crisis that happened during the picnic was when Rarity got a bit of mud on her hoof. Everything for the most part was at peace.


"RAINBOWDASH" said a high pitch voice coming from a distance, everyone turned around to see, Scootaloo running toward them looking excited followed by Sweetiebelle and Applebloom.

"Hey squirt." Rainbowdash said looking up. "Whatcha doing up to?" she asked looking curious.

"Look Rainbowdash we found one of those hidden TV cameras." Scootaloo said beaming with joy.

Applebloom just slapped her hoof on her head wondering how her friend can be so naive. "It aint one of those TV cameras." Scootaloo however didn't seem to listen as she continued to stare at Rainbowdash with awe and amazement much to her displeasure.

"Okay, kid, calm down." Rainbowdash said trying to get some space between her and Scootaloo, "What are you...

"Look." Pinkie Pie said stopping Rainbowdash mid sentence, as they saw the strange floating device hoovering behind them it's camera observing and recording everything it saw. Everyone looked shocked especially Twilight for perhaps this had something to do with the anomaly she had discovered in space. Slowly she walked up to the floating device. "What is this." she whispered to herself for she nor her friends have ever seen such a strange an unique creature before. Twilight began to examine the camera in the creatures head wondering who or what was taping them.

"What do you make of it Twilight." Applejack asked

"I don't know, girls were did you find it." Twilight asked the Cutie Mark Crusaders. As soon as she asked the three fillies became embarrassed lowing their heads between there legs.

"Girls" Applejack said sounding suspicious. "Did you go into the Everfree forest again?"

There was a brief silence until at once all three fillies answered. "Yes."

Applejack rolled her eyes in frustration. "Applebloom how many times to I have to say it, the Everfree Forest is way to dangerous. Your getting double chore duty for a weak."

"Same goes for you Sweetiebelle." Rarity said sounding disjointed in her little sister. Sweetiebelle lowered her head in shame.

Scootaloo just looked at Rainbowdash almost looking excited that she would punish her. Rainbowdash didn't seem to understand what the fuss was all about.

"What?" she asked not sure what to do. Scootaloo seemed a little disappointed only because she knew Rainbowdash wasn't officially her big sister and couldn't really punish her. But one day, she thought to herself.

Twilight continued to examine the device, looking over all its strange aspects thoroughly. "Well, it definitely has a camera so it purpose was probably to film us, also this antenna looks like it's transmitting whatever it's recording to someplace, but were though. Also it how does it float, perhaps there is some sort of of anti-gravity device." Twilight continued to look at it wondering how this thing existed at all and why it was here in Equestria

******
On the bridge of the Chimera Thrawn watched the screen as she saw the purple pony touching his probe droid with curiosity. "Hmm, curious creatures these ponies are." Thrawn commented Pellaeon watching along with him.

"What do you plan to do sir." Pellaeon asked.

"I believe captain, it is time to make our introductions." Thrawn said.

Pellaeon looked surprised and a bit hesitant. "Are...are you sure sir. I don't mean to question your judgment but these creatures do not seem to know about the existence of other worlds let alone...."

"Well then captain, what better time for them to take a leap into the future." Thrawn interrupted before Pellaeon continued his discomfort of the plan. Thrawn turned to the communications officer. "Activate the probes holographic images I wish to great these ponies."

"Yes Sir." The Communication officer said as began to tap into the probes holographic image projector. It was time to say hello to these ponies.


********
Twilight then started poking the camera hoping to see what made it tick suddenly the device started beeping as it's upper head made a complete 180 degree turn. Then a bright blue projecting light began protruding through it and formed into a image of a tall creature standing on its hind legs wearing a white uniform and blue skin in front of them his red eyes staring at all the ponies in the area.

"Who, what is that." Rainbowdash said as she got up from her relaxing tan looking shock at the image.

There was still a moment of silence as the staring contest between Thrawn and the rest of the ponies continued, in the end it was Thrawn who decided to break the ice.

"Greetings." he said in his calm yet cold demeanor. He shocked many of the Ponies who took a few hoofs back from the holographic image.

Twilight then slowly walked back up to the image seeming nervous and hesitant. Slowly she began to opened her mouth trying to conjure the correct response. "Hello." she whispered looking up at the the strangers red eyes that looked down upon her as if trying to assert it's dominance. Twilight couldn't let this intimidation get to her as she continued to complete her greetings. 'My, name is Twilight Sparkle....and you are?"

Thrawn smiled. "Ah yes of course where are my manners, I am Grand Admirals Thrawn." He then noticed Twilight was about to ask another question but before she could, Thrawn interrupted her. "And if you are wondering, I am a Chiss, an alien lifeforms from another planet and no I do not live inside the robot this is what you would call a holographic projection, a way of communicating were I come from."

Twilight was amazed how did this creature know exactly what she was going to ask before she asked it, however she decided that perhaps it would be best if she knew why this Thrawn character was here on her planet. "Well, then, why are you here? We don't many aliens as company, in fact...we never have had aliens as company before."

Thrawn was silent for a brief moment pondering how much information to give his new found contacts, he then spoke trying to keep on the charm. "Me and my crew are, expeditiousness, we travel from planet to planet to explore and learn about other cultures in this area of the galaxy."

Then at that moment it clicked to Twilight. "You!" She shouted sounding excited. "I saw your ship last night, for only a few seconds go appear in space when i was observing the stars with my telescope."

Thrawn eyes slowly narrowed a bit discerned that they had been spotted when they jumped out of hyperspace, but in the long term it didn't really matter. "Indeed you did miss Sparkle, very clever. Normally, we don't make contact with the species for fear of harming the natural order of things but in your case we made a exception especially those little ones found or probe droid" Thrawns eyes shifted onto the Cutie Mark crusaders for a brief moment then back at Twilight. "Since ,we made contact, I ask humbly that I and a few associates of mine are allowed down on the planet to study your world, with you permission of course."

Twilight thought it over looking at the others to see what they thought of the strangers officer. "Well...I don't know. Guys?"

"I think it would be cool, we get to be see aliens." Rainbowdash said sounding excited.

"Alien party!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed her cakes and party hats at the ready.

"I don't know Twi, we've never been invaded by aliens before." Applejack said sounding hesitant.

"I think he seems he seems okay, his uniform is stunning I have to say." Rarity said eyeing Thrawn's uniform.

"Well, as long as he's nice." Fluttershy whispered.

Twilight continued to think it over Thrawn watching them examining their every move. In the end of discussing with her friends Twilight turned back towards Thrawn and gave him his answer. "I believe that perhaps you should meet are leader Princess Celestia in Canterlot, that's are capital and ask her."

Thrawn's became intrigued by her proposal but also a bit skeptical. "And, you can give me this audience with the head of your government."

"Why yes." Twilight said sounding a bit impressed with herself. "I'm her number one student and I'm sure I can arrange something. Spike." The young dragon then rushed to her side his pen and quill at the ready. "Send a letter to the princess about the situation and tell her that we wish a meeting,"

Spike quickly began to right the letter and to Thrawn's amazement used his magical fire breath to send the letter to Princess Celestia.

"Fascinating." Thrawn said aloud as he saw the letter drift off into the sky. "How was that done."

"Magic." Spike said sounding as if this was common knowledge. Thrawn merely stroke his chin in interest he was of course no stranger to the mythical wonders of universe, he had seen first hand the powers of the Emperor and the Lord Vader who was a master of the force and other mythical talents, but he knew that if some of these creatures wielded magical abilities his mission to take the power he had discovered would be more difficult .

A moment later Spike burped up a message from the Princess, he opened it up and read it. "The Princess said she would like to meet you in person Grand Admiral Thrawn." Spike said after reading the letter. "Tomorrow afternoon, if that's okay."

Thrawn nodded. "I would be honored, tell your princess that my shuttle will take me from my ship to this location, from there I hope that one of you will lead me to your capital."

"Will be happy to." Twilight said

"Excellent, I will be coming tomorrow in at around 0.900 hours." Thrawn replied.

"900 hundreds hours, Rainbowdash said, sounding confued. "But that's like a hundred days from now."

"No, No Rainbowdash, 0.900 is military time for 9.00 o clock in the morning." Twilight explained to her friends.

"Then, I guess I'll see you there. Goodbye for now." with that the image of Thrawn vanished as the probe droid then began to drift into space and head towards the stars to were Thrawn ship was.

Once the probe was gone the girls and Spike began to comprehend and take in just what had occurred to them a few moments ago.

"So, wow, aliens from outer space, guess we you an apology Twi, you did see something out there." Applejack said still sounding a bit concerned of the whole ordeal.

"That's okay Applejack, I didn't know there was life out there either." Twilight responded rubbing her head with her hoof. "I just wonder if we can trust this Thrawn person."

"He didn't seem mean." Fluttershy said, trying to be a voice of reason.

"True, but still he had a bit of a cold chilling affect." Twilight said remembering Thrawn red eyes and how they looked like they were always examining you. Some of her friends must have been thinking the same thing for they started to shiver a bit their faces looking concerned.

"Well, I guess will let Princess Celestia be the judge." Rainbowdash commented trying to calm everyone's fears.

"Yeah, I agree." Twilight said trying to cast aside any fears she might have about Thrawn hoping that he was a man who just wanted peace.


*****
In his private quarters Thrawn moved around the chambers looking at the holographic art work. The display he had on today was far different then his usual collection, for this display was new, retrieved from the databanks of the probe that had been scanning the planet. However Thrawns concentration was broken as the he heard the sound of the automatic doors opening as Captain Pellaeon entered the room.

"Your shuttle is ready for tomorrows trip sir." Pellaeon replied.

"Good." Thrawn said ncontinuing to examine the artwork. Pellaeon began to look at the art himself and seemed a bit perplexed by it.

"This artwork sir....It's....quite different from you usual collection." Pellaeon commented noticing that artwork that Thrawn had on display look very round and colorful almost in his mind at least childish.

Thrawn must have taken notice at Pellaeon interest in the art for he walked over to him and said, "Adorable."

Pellaeon looked up shocked by what Thrawn had said. "What sir?"

"Adorable," Thrawn repeated pointing at the art work. "From many of the portraits I have observed these ponies have what can honestly be described as.... a cute factor." Pellaeon looked confused, he never heard Thrawn using such words as cute and adorable before, it didn't seem right to him. Thrawn must have noticed for he gave a small little smile. "I use these words captain for they are strategic not because I am embarrassing my inner child." Pellaeon had difficulty picturing Thrawn being a child let alone having a inner child, his thought was interrupted when Thrawn continued his lecture. "It is quite possible for a society to be based on cuteness but that does not mean we should understatement them, less we repeat our mistakes with the Ewoks."

Pellaeon shivered remembering how the most elite of Imperial Stormtroopers were defeated by nothing more than a bunch of teddy bears.

"Also," Thrawn continued. "I have also noticed something that might explain the core of this society." Thrawn pointed at another portrait one made entirely out of stain glass. "Do you notice anything Pellaeon."

Pellaeon looked hard at the stain glass portrait examining for a while not quite sure what to make of it until it finally hit him. "Those are the ponies you communicated with sir." he said looking highly suprised.

"Indeed." Thrawn said. "But that is not the only thing I learned, if you notice from the other portraits, most of them that involve figures or individuals that are never alone." Thrawn pointed to the other sculptures and pieces of art. Slowly Pellaeon did begin to discover a pattern all the portraits involving ponies never did one have a pony that was alone, they were either in groups of two, three maybe even more.

"Yes captain." Thrawn said his eyes glowing the darkness of the room as he saw Pellaeon come to the realization he had come to. "I have determined that the core of this society....is friendship."

As soon as he heard that Pellaeon couldn't help himself but chuckle and look smug much to Thrawn's displeasure.

"DO NOT TAKE THAT LIGHTLY ! CAPTAIN!" he shouted. Pellaeon jumped to attention this was one of the first if ever heard Grand Admiral Thrawn raise his voice in anger. Slowly Thrawn took a deep breath to calm himself and regain control of his emotions. "I realize your smugness captain. I myself have never had any personal use for the concept of friendship, but it is a powerful thing. Fighting and dying for one that is called friend is a very power cause. Which is why merely conquering this planet will not only waster are potential forces for greater battles in the future, but will spare any time crushing what would be harsh resistance should we attempt to rule the planet now."

"And that is why you decided to make contact with these ponies." Pellaeon said coming to realize the full concept of Thrawn's plan so far. "Do you hope that by befriending these ponies they will give you power you are searching for."

"No." Thrawn said coldly. "But it will give me time to learn every aspect about these ponies and to find ways to turn there strengths into their weakness then and only then will we show them are full might should we need to."

"But sir, what if they refuse to let you in. What if there Princess does not trust you" Pellaeon asked sounding concerned.

"Oh they will .They will trust me." Thrawn said sounding confident. "Like I said, friendship is there core value, they will try to befriend me and I will allow it... for now. Until it suits me to no longer be their friend." Pellaeon understood as he exited Thrawn's chambers wondering if these ponies had any idea who they were about to encounter. But he knew one thing for sure Thrawn had something in store for them, something that will secure the stability of the Empire once and for all.

Comments ( 13 )

Please, get a proofreader.

I like this so far...I like it quite a bit.

this would be so much better if you could fix all those grammar mistakes

I think you're doing a pretty good job representing Thrawn, however, I recommend caution. :pinkiehappy:

Thrawn on Equestria, better not let him meet Discord.

is this story dead ?

6695532 IDK probably...It is in terms of Canon in Star Wars lol

Will you update.

update? Thrawn is canon now.

I find your lack of spelling Rainbow Dash, disturbing

Though your writing needs improving, I love how your writing Thrawn and his love for other cultures.
Please update.

Can you please update? I love this story.

Login or register to comment