• Published 10th Sep 2013
  • 1,565 Views, 19 Comments

MLP: Friendship is Artistically Done - jidbrony



Grand Admiral Thrawn desires to be the new ruler o the Empire and requires a great deal of magical power to get it.

  • ...
6
 19
 1,565

Chapter 1

Chapter 1


Space, a vast and remote openness with thousands of planets and star systems that spanned to as far as the eye could see. In the vastness of this dark realm the Imperial Star Destroyer Chimera drifted along its normal patrol rout as usual. Captain Pellaeon looks out that observation window on the bridge, gazing out into the vast darkness of space his mind at ease as all he could here was the sound of footsteps of officers moving around the bridge attending to there duies .

"Sir!", A young voice shouted shattering Pellaeon state of mind. Pellaeon turns around as he sees a young naval Lieutenant heading toward him in a hurry.

"Yes lieutenant." replied Pellaeon is his stern gruff voice.

The young lieutenant handed Pellaeon the holobard as he began to look it over. The lieutenant seemed nervous most of these young officers did when they around a elderly veteran such as Pellaeon who had bee in military service since they days of the old republic ."As you can see sir, it's not looking good the other factions ore hesitant if no openly hostile to joining..."

Pellaeon stopped him before he could finish his sentence. "Very well lieutenant, I'll tell him myself, dismissed." The young officer saluted him as he walked off returning to his post. Captain Pellaeon took a deep sigh as he knew what he had to do, straitening up his uniforms and adjusting his officers cap to insure that they were both in tip top military shape Pellaeon exited the bridge and headed down the metal halls of the Imperial Star Destroyer passing by several Imperial naval officers and guards roaming around the ship attending to there duties. As he does he sees just how young many of these officers were, gone were the days when ships like the Chimera only took the best and the most experienced Imperial Officers and soldiers on its deck but now all that was left was recruits and conscript . What was left of the Empire best and elite had either died in the chaos following the defeat of Endor and the death of the Emperor or had abounded the Empire to join the warlords. Pellaeon face hardened as he thought of that word . Warlord, for him that word was the foulest word in the galaxy fouler then even rebel, for these "Warlords" were ruining and continuing to ruin what was once his beloved Empire, an Empire that he had given years of dedicated and loyal service to. Finally he made it the room area of the ship he wanted to get to. Pellaeon took one for sigh as he consolidate the courage to go into the room for he knew that within this room laid the last hope for the Empire he had once loved.

As the door slowly opened Pellaeon began to enter the room blackened the only light coming from the holographic images of strange alien artwork artwork surrounding the walls. From behind him a large shadow began to descend upon Pellaeon, slowly the old officer turned around and jump as great muscular lizard creature stood behind him hissing in laughter.

"Rukh, I hate it when you do that." Pellaeon scolded at him.

"Just attending to my duties as the Admirals body guard." Rukh said hissing.

Pellaeon just scoffed as he turned around to head towards the large metal chair In the center of the room its back turned away from Pellaeon stood there silent and emotionless, but Pellaeon knew that the chair was not vacant as he slowly began to approach it.

"Sir." Pellaeon said nervously. "I have a progress report on the negotiations with the....

"I know." said a cold voice as Pellaeon could see a light blue hand raised slowly begging to lower as it pushed the button on the arm chair causing it to turn around, there Pellaeon saw his commanding officer in his entirety, wearing his clean white uniform, his blue skinned head looking up as his cold red eyes glared at Pellaeon examining him thoroughly.

Pellaeon then got out the holoboard from under his shoulder and gave it to him. "Here are the reports Grand Admiral Thrawn." Pellaeon trying to stay calm.

Thrawn took the holoboard and examined it going over every report not once showing any emotion at all. "Disappointing. " he said laying the holoboard on the side of his chair, he then leaned back his hands pressed together thinking about what next to do.

"We've managed to gain the support of a few victor class cruisers a couple of dreadnoughts. Sadly though none of the main factions have said whether they join us or not....not to mention your support from the ruling council is weary at best to non -existent. They refuse to give you command of there forces, they don't want to give up there influence sir."

Then Thrawn pushed a button on the arm of his command chair which cleared the holograms away and replaced them with images of of High ranking military officers and high level bureaucrats many of them overweight and wearing high decorative uniforms .

"Bureaucrats and Warlords, the real scum of the galaxy." Thrawn said looking over the portraits. "These people are the real threats to order, greater than the even the rebellion could ever be. A threat to a re-unified Empire and the return of order to his chaotic galaxy. But, although they might be strong in arms they are weak in mind." Pellaeon didn't seem to understand what he was talking about, Thrawn must have noticed for he gave a small smile. "Allow to me to explain the metaphor captain.

Grand Admiral Thrawn got up and walked around the room continuing to examine the holographic portraits in the room. "Many of these men, are nothing more than egotist with illustrations of grandeur, men compensating for something. Although they command armies, they don't know how to use them."

Pellaeon seemed stunned by that statement. "But sir, many of these barbaric warlords although horrendous were some of the Empire top General and Admirals."

"Indeed' Thrawn said his voice cold yet amused. "But there Pellaeon is the key word. Were. They were General and Admirals but now they have become politicians and now no longer see things in a military point of view but rather what sets there best interest Although to be honest many of them got there ranks through Emperor's patronage so I guess we shouldn't be surprised." Thrawn eyes narrowed at though of this dishonor. Thrawn then took a deep sigh and looked up at Pellaeon. "I believe Pellaeon that if we are going to re unite the Empire we are going to take a page out of the Emperor's own personal handbook.

Pellaeon still didn't understand the Emperor had many tactics and strategies he had used over the decades to consolidate power many even to Pellaeon own distaste although he always obey a command given to him by a superior .

Thrawn smiled. "What I mean captain, we need....a grand demonstration of power. One great act that will force all the factions to come to our heal" Thrawn walked back to his chair and pushed another button that deactivated the portraits and then a large planet appeared in the room. "Do you know were this is?" Thrawn asked as he saw Pellaeon looking at the planet examining it with curiosity.

"Um...No sir, it looks like any ordinary planet to me," Pellaeon answered as he saw Thrawn eye narrowing before he continued to explain.

"As you know captain, for many years I have spent most of my time in the unknown regions of the galaxy, my duty there was to expand the territorial as influential reach of the Empire and the Emperor, during my time I discovered strains and exotic realms and enemies no mere mortal would even begin to comprehend." Pellaeon shivered at the thought but regain his nerve as he continued to listen to the Grand Admiral. "Before I returned to the known regions I stumbled upon this planet, at first i had no interest for scans had showed that technologically wise they were as backward as a wookie. But then the scanners on the ship picked up a massive energy reading coming from the planet and in a instant that it appeared it vanished."

Pellaeon looked amazed at this revelation. "How powerful was the energy reading sir?" he asked his curiosity bubbling.

Thrawn smiled. "Enough to power a legion of death stars."

Pellaeon looked amazed he had never heard about such power before, except when he he tale of the Jedi and Sith of old. "Amazing sir." but then a though crossed his head, something that worried him. "Sir...If I may be so bold, why did you not seize the power before you returned."

Thrawn raised a eyebrow. "Do you think I would just leave a planet of great power untouched. No.... I have sent several probe droids towards the planet and have to examine the local population I did intend to investigate the planet myself but I needed to deal with things here first before I could go back, but now things have changed course and I now a opening has occurred in my schedule that will allow me to further investigate this power surge.."

"But what sort of of demonstration do you plan to exert once you have the power you most definitely seek sir." Pellaeon asked sounding extremely curious now about Thrawn's discovery.

Thrawn thought that question over. "I do not know captain, for I do not know the power I am seeking and I do not intend to seize that power until I know what it is, for you see, it is not about having power that matters but understanding it that determines success. For the only true power in the universe is intellect and nothing else."

Captain Pellaeon looked disappointed hoping to gain greater insight into the Grand Admirals plan. Thrawn obviously noticed as he chuckled while heading back down to his command chair. "Do not fear captain, I assure you that when I discover what power we are looking for is I will give you and the rest of those treacherous warlords a real lesson of what happens to all those who dare threaten the destiny of the Empire." Pellaeon smiled at the thought of the warlords finally getting what was coming to them.

"Now captain. Prepare the ship were leaving in 10 minutes." Thrawn ordered.

"Yes sir." Captain Pellaeon saluted as he walked of the room wondering about what plans Thrawn had in store but all he knew for sure is that if the planets population resisted they would soon face the wrath of the most brilliant mind the galaxy if not the universe had ever seen.


******
Looking up at the sky Twilight Sparkle observed the stars with her telescope for she was on assignment by Princess Celestia about learning as many of the constellation as she could and there specific character traits. Twilight always enjoyed looking up at the night sky, she was one of the few who appreciated its beauty, one of the things she had in common with the Princess of Night Luna.

"Twilight." said a young voice coming from behind her, she turned around and saw Spike watching her observe the sky with her telescope. "Twilight. it's getting late you should got to bed before your to tired for tomorrow.

"No Spike I have to do this tonight or I'll have to re calibrate all the telescope tomorrow because the stars and planets won't be in the same place." Twilight said continuing to focus on her studies.

"Alright but if you sleep in your going to miss the picnic were having with our friends tomorrow." Spike reminded.

"Don't worry Spike, it won't take long, I just have a few more things to right down on my report." Twilight said sounding confident in her abilities. "Now off to bed before you get sleepy too."

Spike smiled as he got into his little basket and then covered himself with his blanket and drifted off into the world of dreams. As he did Twilight continued her studies looking up into the vastness of space, amazed by just how great and wonderful it was, her amazement was broken however when she saw a flash of light in space and then to her amazement a strange metal ship floating above in space. Twilight then rubbed her eyes making sure she wasn't seeing things she looked back into the telescope, but the ship wasn't there it was gone. She continued to look around the skies hoping to spot the anomaly again but she couldn't find it. Seeming disappointing Twilight decided that perhaps it was best to rest and get to bed still wondering in the back in her mind what exactly she had saw and weather it was a nothing or the a omen of something bad to come.

Author's Note:

Well my first attempt at Star Wars MLP crossover, please leave a comment and suggestions.