• Published 1st Nov 2013
  • 13,839 Views, 284 Comments

Time for Spike to be a Kid! - The Soviet Turtle



All his life, Spike has done nothing but work, and has never complained. But he never experienced an actual childhood yet. But that's about to change when the mane six take things a bit to far.

  • ...
34
 284
 13,839

Muffins, Pirates, and Pizza

The Sunday sun seemed to shine brightly into Spikes eyes, making him fall out of bed.

“Celestia really wants everypony to wake up immediately as the sun comes up. Otherwise my eyes wouldn’t be burning.”

Spike just stretched himself and got back on his feet. He rubbed his eyes as he walked to the table and made himself breakfast. He only guessed Lyra and Bonbon where still asleep.

He finished breakfast as Lyra and Bonbon both entered the room.

“You both have a good sleep in?” Spike asked.

“Yep.” Lyra simply responded tiredly.

“Well, I’m going to the clubhouse again. See you guys later.” Spike said as he left the house.

He made his way through Ponyville, watching as ponies seemed to only start to wake up and exit their homes to for what they needed or wanted to do this Sunday. He made sure to avoid certain homes as he knew the schedule of those said ponies. Especially the purple one.

Once he arrived at the clubhouse, the only ponies that was inside was Dinky and Pipsqueak.

“Hey Dinky. Hey Pipsqueak.”

“Hello Spike.”

“Hey Spike.”

“Do you know where the others are?”

“Sorry, but I think they’re all busy.” Dinky said.

“Oh.” A small silence hung over them.

“So, you want to do anything?” Spike asked.

“We could go see what my dad is doing. He’s pretty fun to hang out with.” Dinky said.

“Alright, let’s go then.” Pipsqueak said.

The three walked through the town, which had gotten out of its tired state and began to move again, and arrived at a house. Dinky knocked on the door and waited a while. Soon a brown stallion with a brown mane and tail with a tie, and an hourglass cutiemark.

“Hey Dinky, Hey Pipsqueak. Who’s your friend?”

“I’m Spike mister…”

“Oh, just call me the Doctor.” The stallion said.

“Doctor who?”

“No, just the Doctor.” The Doctor said. Spike just raised his eyebrow. But soon shrugged it off. The three walked into the living room to see Dizty Doo.

“Hello muffin.” Dizty said as she walked over and hugged her daughter.

“Hello Pipsqueak, hello Spike.” She said.

“Hey mum. Do you or dad have any idea what we could do this afternoon?” Dinky asked. Dizty put a hoof on her chin and thought for a moment. With thinking music in the background. Until she came up with an idea.

“I know! You dad could take you three in the TARD-“

“Dizty!” the Doctor said as he walked up and whispered something to her.

“Oh…never mind!” she said and put on a cute smile.

“Well, we could go out and get some muffins from the local bakery.” The Doctor suggested. The others agreed and the group left the house, locked the door and made their way to Sugarcube corner.

Once they arrived, Spike stayed outside with Dinky and Pipsqueak as Dizty and the Doctor walked in to check if Pinkie was there. He waited for a while until Dizty motioned for the three to enter.

Mr.Cake stood at the counter as he waved to Spike.

“Hey there guys. Pinkie left saying something about helping Twilight with ‘an investigation’. What can I get for you guys today?”

“Could we get some muffins please?” the doctor asked.

“Sure, what flavour?”

“Blueberry.” Dizty said.

“Same with me please.” The Doctor said.

“Choc chip.” Dinky and Pipsqueak said.

“Do you have any sapphire muffins?” Spike asked.

“I think there’s some in the back. I’ll take a look.” Mr.Cake said.

Once they placed some bits on the counter and got their muffins. The group walked over to a nearby booth. They sat around and started to dig in. Mr.Cake walked nearby after picking up some dirty plates left by some customers.

“How’s everyone’s muffin?” he asked.

“They’re great. Thank you Mr.Cake.” Dinky said as she took a bit out of her muffin. Spike swore he just saw Pipsqueak grip his chest, struggling to breathe. Spike leaned over to make sure Pipsqueak was OK.

“You alright man? You looked like you had a heart attack.” Pipsqueak was only able to let out a few small words.

“To…cute…to…handle.” Spike instantly smiled and let out a laugh.

After sometime, Spike asked some questions.

“So what do you do Doctor? I’ve seen you here or there and I know Ditzy’s a mailmare, but I don’t know what you actually do.” Spike asked. A sweat bead ran down the Doctors face as he looked for an answer.

“I’m a…traveller. Yeah, a traveller.”

“Really? Where have you gone?” Spike asked.

“Oh, Everywhere, basically.” He stated like it was a normal fact.

“Everywhere?”

“Everywhere.”

The group soon finished their muffins and left Sugarcube corner.

“So what do you want to do now?” Dizty asked.

“Um, mum. Can I go with Pipsqueak to his house?” Dinky asked. Smiling sheepishly.

“Hmm…okay, just be back before sunset.” She said.

“Thanks mum!” Dinky ran up and hugged Dizty’s leg. The mother returned the hug as the two ponies and dragon walked away.

The Doctor and Dizty looked at each other as the three left.

“Can we go in the TARDIS again Doctor?” Dizty asked.

“Of course, milady.”

The two run off to an alleyway where a blue box seemed to be waiting for them. They walked in as it made the weirdest noise and vanished.

Meanwhile, back to the foals and Spike.

“So who really is this Doctor guy Dinky?” Spike asked.

“Oh. Well a few months ago it was just me and mum. She always seemed lonely. Sure she had me and she loves me, but I think she wanted somepony else.

Then a few days later, Mum brought the Doctor home and introduced him to me. He was really funny and I instantly liked him. mum later told me she was doing her usual runs when she crashed into a blue box, and as she got up, the Doctor came up and asked her if she was alright.
They seemed to get closer and closer, spending a lot of time together. She still spent time with me but now she had a close friend who she could talk to, and I was happy for it. Then, about three months ago, mum said the Doctor was moving in. They haven’t told me yet but I think their dating, the signs are everywhere. And the rest is history.” Dinky explained.

“Wow. That’s an incredible story.” Spike said.

“Thanks Spike.” Dinky said.

“So what are we going to do anyway?” Spike asked.

“Oh, you’ll see.” Pipsqueak said as they approached a house.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The salt sea brushed against the huge galleon as it made its way through the sea. The wind blew the sails which powered the ship for its course. On board the ship were glistening golden cannons, a singing crew of pirates, and a white pony wearing pirate captain outfit. The pony also had brown spots all over his body and wore an eye patch.

The deadly captain Pipsqueak looked on at his mighty ship. No other ship in the sea could beat it. But he was distracted as his lookout cried.

“Ship of the Starbard bow!”

The captain quickly pulled out his spyglass and looked out. He could see a brig quickly approaching his, it was travelling at ramming speed. Pipsqueak yelled quickly.

“Don’t stand around your bloody idiots! Man the cannons! Prepare to be boarded!”

“Captain Pipsqueak! Captain Pipsqueak!”

He turned to see his first mate, Dinky, wearing her bandana and stripped shirt, rush up to him.

“What’s happening!? Is it the navy!?” She asked.

“I don’t think so. Come on!”

The two rushed back to the wheel. Pipsqueak didn’t need to look at his spyglass since the ship was within firing range.

“Fire!”

The serious of explosions was heard as the enemy ship was hit greatly. But even though it was in terrible conditions, it still managed to ram the ship. Pipsqueak and Dinky were shaken as the ship swayed heavily in the ocean.

Pipsqueak heard cheering before someone on a rope landed in front of him. He saw a dragon about his height, wearing nearly the same attire as him but instead had a huge feather in his hat. He pulled out his sword and pointed at Pipsqueak.

“We meet again, captain Pipsqueak.” The dragon said.

“Spike.” Pipsqueak replied.

“Let us have a final dance of death, to see who is better.” Spike suggested.

“I agree.” Pipsqueak said.

“Captain, quick, you sword!” Dinky said as she threw her captain her sword before she fought an enemy pirate.

The two faced each other and began to circle. Before they parried through others, falling pieces of wood, and nearly all the way through the ship. Until they reached the front of the ship.

The two clashed swords before Spike managed to disarm the pony. Pipsqueak looked in shock as his sword was lost to Davy Jones. He glanced back at the dragon.

“Admit defeat Pipsqueak?” Spike said.

“Never.”

“Very well. Prepare to-
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
“Pipsqueak! We’re back!”

As a mare looked into the back yard. She saw a cardboard Pirate ship, her son and a dragon fighting with wooden swords, both wearing paper pirate hats. And that filly his son liked in the boat, pretending to fight somepony. They all stopped to look at her in shock, she smiled and giggled at her sons antics.

“I see you’re having fun. But I think it’s time your friends head home Pipsqueak.” The mare pointed to the sky.

The foals and dragon looked up to see the sun slowly lower to the world.

“Oh, I better go.” Dinky said as she dropped the wooden sword.

“I’ll walk you home.” Pipsqueak said. Dinky blushed and grabbed his hoof.

“Thank you Pipsqueak.” She said.

“See you at school tomorrow Spike!” Pipsqueak said as the two left for Dinky’s home.

Spike smiled as he himself left Pipsqueaks backyard and began to walk towards Lyra and Bonbon’s house. He passed Sugarcube corner when he heard yelling from inside. It sounded like Pinkie Pie and Mr.Cake.

“Pinkie, you overreacting again.”

“No, I’m serious! I had 17 sapphire muffins this morning, and now there are only 16! There’s a thief in Ponyville! A Muffin theif!”

Sounds like Pinkie Spike thought.

“Pinkie, can you please be quiet? We just put the twins to bed.”

“How can you sleep when there is a thief in Ponyville stealing muffins? The world is DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMEEEEDDDDDDDD!!!”

I gotta go before her Pinkie sense picks me up or my ears begin to bleed.

Spike carefully walked away as the howls of dogs, cats and a terrified pink pony could be heard throughout Ponyville.

When Spike arrived, he found Bonbon and Lyra watching something on the television.

“Hey Spike, another fun day?” Lyra asked.

“Eeyup.” Spike said as he joined the two mares on the couch.

“You know now I wonder if Big Mac’s rubbed off on you since the meeting.” Lyra said. Spike laughed at her little joke.

“Well, against some of my better judgement. We are ordering Pizza for dinner.” Bonbon told Spike. He instantly smiled at this.

A phone call and half an hour later. There was a knock on the door. Bonbon got up to answer the door since Spike and Lyra were laughing as a group of ridiculously dress up ponies said the word ‘Ni’ several times. So Bonbon elected herself to answer. When she opened the door with bits in hoof, her jaw dropped as she saw who was in front of her.

Pinkie Pie in a pizza place uniform.

“Hi Bonbon!” she said, holding the pizzas in one of her hooves.

“Pinkie, when did you start working at a pizza restaurant?” Bonbon asked.

“Oh, I don’t. I’m just keeping a look out for somepony.” She said.

“Who?” Bonbon asked.

“There’s a muffin thief in town. And I’m looking for him. And i will not stop until justice is served!” She said proudly.

“…Okay. So how much?”

“25 bits.” Pinkie said.

Bonbon counted the pieces of gold and gave them to Pinkie. She in turned handed the pizzas.

“Thank you.” Bonbon said.

“You’re welcome! And remember. Watch out for that muffin thief. He could be anywhere.” Pinkie looked left to right before disappearing into the night. Bonbon blinked before she slowly closed the door.

Maybe lock it to.

Bonbon placed the pizzas down as Lyra and Spike jumped from the couch. They dug in to the cheesy sauce bread before eventually finishing their boxes. Spike excused himself, washed himself and went to go rest for tomorrow. It was Monday tomorrow, the worst day of the week after all.

Author's Note:

Well that was something. and it seems the fun weekend as Spike has to go back to school.

Keep calm and tomahawk on.

BTW: Pinkie is outside my house, trying to find a way in. she might think it was me who-