• Published 1st Nov 2013
  • 13,735 Views, 284 Comments

Time for Spike to be a Kid! - The Soviet Turtle



All his life, Spike has done nothing but work, and has never complained. But he never experienced an actual childhood yet. But that's about to change when the mane six take things a bit to far.

  • ...
34
 284
 13,735

JELLY!!!

Spike soon found himself right outside of the CMC clubhouse. He then walked up the steps and knocked on the door. The door opened to reveal Applebloom.

“Spike, ya here!”

She gave Spike a quick hug. He returned it before the two quickly stopped and blushed.

“Come in.” she said as Spike walked in. he saw the rest of the CMC and the colts as well. They all said hi as he sat at the table.

“Alright, what are we going to do today?” Sweetie Belle asked.

“We could go hiking.” Featherweight suggested.

“Nah, last time I nearly lost my head.” Rumble said.

“Good point.”

“We also have to stay clear of the main part of town.” Spike said.

“Actually, mah sister told me that she was going to a picnic over by a hill just outside of town.” Applebloom said
.
“So, we can do anything in town, but also have to look out for the hill.” Spike said.

“Pretty much.” Scootaloo said.

“Well, let’s go see if there’s anything to do in town.” Pipsqueak said.

Scootaloo hooked up a red cart with her scooter and put her helmet on. Dinky, Applebloom and Sweetie Belle jumped into the cart and put on their helmets. Rumble pulled out from behind the tree a wooden cart and placed it near the top of the hill. It had four seats, with one in front of a steering wheel and a pedal which had a brick on it. With the three other chairs in a row behind it. Rumble got into the front while Pipsqueak and Featherweight got in the back.

“Wow! How’d you get this?” Spike asked.

“My Brother knows a guy. Apparently.” Rumble said.

“Get in already.” Featherweight said. Spike shook his head and quickly hopped in.

“Hey Rumble! Race ya to town.” Scootaloo said.

“You’re on!” Rumble said as he removed the brick and the pedal lifted. As Scootaloo rolled down the hill. The cart slowly began to move.

“I don’t think this is a good ideaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!” Spike shouted as the cart started to speed up dramatically and continued to become airborne for short periods of time.

“Slow down Rumble! You’ll kill us!” Pipsqueak said.

“Calm down, I’m nearly ahead of Scootaloo.” Rumble said as he piloted the cart.
As they zipped past Scootaloo, catching her off guard. The colts soon found themselves of the trees and onto the main path. The open gate just up ahead.

“Rumble! Stop this thing!” Featherweight yelled.

“Don’t worry. I can get us through the gate.”

“I really hope you do. I haven’t gotten wings yet!” Spike shouted.

As the cart rushed forward. Rumble grinned with excitement as the other three in the back all had looks of worry. And slowly started to yell louder and louder as they got closer and closer to the gate.

Spike closed his eyes, his life flashing before his eyes. He raised his arms and screamed at the top of his voice. He was expecting for him to start flying any moment. But as time passed, nothing seemed to change in his bumpy ride. He opened his eyes to find they were on a clear path onto Ponyville. He looked behind him to see the gate and Scootaloo catching up.

“Yes! Rumble did it!” cheered Spike. The other two looked up to see the path and cheered for Rumble.

“Didn’t even break a sweat.” He said.

“Yeah, but can you also remember you have a brake!” Spike said. Rumble just chuckled.

“It’s ok Spike. Don’t worry, we’re still alright aren’t we?”

“Yeah, we’re okay.” Spike replied.

“I swear we should have fallen off of this thing at least once. But at least we didn’t crash into-“

“Jelly ahead!” Featherweight said. They all saw at least three huge glass bottles of jelly. They were too close for them to brake so Rumble quickly turned and shouted.

“Jump!”

The four colts were able to jump of in time before the cart smashed two of the three bottles of class. Also dismembering the cart into splinters and shards of wood.

The colts were thankful they were near some soft grass to soften the landing. Scootaloo and the fillies stopped in front of them. All checking on the colts and drake. They were all fine of course, but Rumbles cart was destroyed.

“No offence Rumble, but ether your brother failed construction or he knows a terrible carpenter.” Spike said.

“None taken.” Rumble said.

“Hey guys. Whose Jelly was that anyway?” Featherweight asked.

“Haven’t we seen that before Sweetie Belle?” Applebloom asked.

A stallion cover in jelly popped up from the last remaining bottle. He look at what was his jelly.

“NOOO! MY JELLY!” he cried as he hopped out of the bottle and picked up some of the broken glass.

“No..No…” he whispered before noticing the seven creped out foals and creped out drake.

“You. You did this?” the stallion asked.

“Guys, he’s seriously creping me out.” Rumble Whispered

“You’re not the only one.” Pipsqueak Whispered back.

“You did this to me…now you will PAY!!” he shouted as he snorted and kicked up dirt. The group of fillies, colts and one drake got ready to run away.

“Guys? I think we better-“

“For JELLY!” the stallion shouted before raging on for the group. They quickly split into two groups. Spike, Applebloom, Pipsqueak and Dinky went one way, trying to get back to Sweet Apple Acres. Going as fast as their hooves and feet will take them.

And Rumble, Sweetie, Scootaloo and Featherweight tried to head into town to seek shelter. Scootaloo taking her scooter and carrying the other three inside the red wagon.

The stallion decided to go for Scootaloo’s scooter and her group. Who went slower than before, probably because there was no hill to help them. As they made their way through Ponyville. Catching some citizens by surprise, but the stallion covered in jelly running after the foals.

Scootaloo saw a gap. An alleyway between two buildings were it lead to the other side of the buildings and onto a less busy street. Scootaloo push down onto the earth hard, her little wings flapping for any more speed. The Scootalo and wagon just making its way through the gap. The stallion didn’t even get in the alleyway before being bounced back off. He shook his head and saw the fillies and colts had gotten to the other side. And then a stampede of hooves blocked his view of them. And once they cleared, the group and gone. He yelled in the air out of anger. But remembered Spike and his group running back up the hill. He chuckled evilly and rubbed his hooves together.

“I will avenge my Jelly.” He said as he raced back though the street and towards Sweet Apple Acres. Once he left the actual town, Scootaloo and the others watched from behind.

“Follow him. He might hurt our friends.” Featherweight said. Scootaloo nodded as she kicked off. But then stopped realizing how tired she was. And breathed deeply as the others got out of the wagon. Rumble came up and held onto Scootaloo before she fell over. He looked at Featherweight and Sweetie.

“Go on. I’ll stay here with Scoots. We’ll meet you back at the farm.”

The two nodded and ran ahead as Scootaloo got her energy back.

Meanwhile, Spike’s group was walking back up the hill. Hoping the stallion wasn’t right behind them. But there fears where confirmed as they saw the stallion rushing through his broken bottles of jelly towards them.

“Go! Go! Go!” Spike said as the group ran with all their might. They spotted the white gate, but the stallion was still closely behind them. They used what energy they had left to make a mad dash to the barn. They heard the beats of hooves get closer and closer as they made their way to the barn.

They crashed through the doors and all fell onto the ground. They looked in fear as the stallion stood at the panting, with a grin of success.

“I finally got you.” He said as he walked closer and closer to his target. The group huddled together shaking wildly.
“I will avenge my Jelly.” He said as he was less than a metre away from them.

But the stallion was soon hit in his side and flied onto the ground, groaning in pain unable to move.

The group looked up to see Big Mac there with an angered look on his face.

“Big Mac, you saved us!” Spike said.

“Eeyup.” Soon Sweetie and Featherweight arrived at the scene.

“Are you guys okay?” Sweetie asked.

“Yeah, thanks ta Big Mac.” Applebloom said, panting madly.

“Where’s Rumble and Scoots?” Pipsqueak asked.

“Don’t worry, we’re here!” the fillies, colts, drake and stallion all turned to see Scootaloo pushing her scooter and Rumble walking next to her.

“What happened to the guy?” Rumble asked.

“Big Mac bucked him, he’s over there now.” Dinky said pointing to the still groaning stallion.

“ohh…that’s gotta hurt.” Scootaloo finished. It was then Big Mac noticed to sun was starting to set
.
“Well, I reckon ya’ll should be heading home now.” He said.

“Aw, do they have to?” Applebloom asked.

“Ah’m afraid so.” Big Mac said. the group all grumbled together.

“What about the stallion?” Spike asked.

“Dontcha worry. Ah’ll take care of ‘im.” Big mac finished. The group all said their goodbyes and headed back to their homes.

Spike knocked on the door, he waited until Bonbon opened it.

“Oh hey Spike. Back from playing I see. So how was it?” she asked as Spike walked in.

“You wouldn’t believe if I told you.” Spike simply said.

“Well, has Celestia responded back atleast?”

“Not yet-“just then Spike belched out some green fire which then turned into a note. He quickly read through it.

Dear Spike

This is most peculiar that I have only now learned about your conditions under my student. But, if what these notes from these townsponies are true. Then I and Luna shall aid you in your plan. Have fun Spike.

Sincerely

Princess Celestia

Spike started to shake more then Pinkie would as he jumped up in the air in excitement. He dropped the note which Bonbon picked up and read. She smiled and called out to Lyra.

“Lyra! We just got note from the princess! She said yes!” Lyra rushed from a room and hugged the still mid-air Spike.

“Yes! This is so cool!” Lyra said. Spike on the other hand was blushing.

“Okay, can you please let me go Lyra?” he asked. She let go of him as he landed on the ground.

“But, you know what you have to do now?” Lyra asked.

“What?”

“Homework!” She said. Spike then groaned and facepalmed.

“The one thing I didn’t like about school.” He mumbled as he walked to his room. Spike completed his homework before wrapping the day up with dinner, shower then Bed. Even though he could barely keep his eyes closed. If today was his first day, imagine what will happen on other days.

Author's Note:

here's another chapter. hope you enjoy. but I seriously wonder what happened to the Jelly guy. I call it jam but for the purposes of this chapter and the show already called it that. i'll call it jelly.

Keep calm and tomahawk on.

P.S. here's a hint as to what the next chapter is about: Multiverse.