• Published 1st Nov 2013
  • 13,816 Views, 284 Comments

Time for Spike to be a Kid! - The Soviet Turtle



All his life, Spike has done nothing but work, and has never complained. But he never experienced an actual childhood yet. But that's about to change when the mane six take things a bit to far.

  • ...
34
 284
 13,816

Time for the Show!

Twilight’s pillow by now had enough water soaked in to fill a bathtub, her tears seemingly never ceasing. Her mind a mess, thinking over everything she did to Spike again and again. Her body felt weak and could only silently cry.


I left him behind, I made him work for nothing, I never thanked him, and I used him.

I was there for him alright, there to make him work.

I’m so sorry Spike, I’m so sorry Spike.

I’m sorry.

I’m sorry.

I’m sorry.

I’m sorry.

I’m sorry.

I’M SORRY!

I’M SORRY!

AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

A thump in the library that broke the silence pulled twilight away from her pillow. A book had fell off one of Twilight’s bookcases, a very dusty and thick book.

She sniffled and used her magic to pull the book over to her, setting it on her pillow in front of her. She blew the dust off the reveal the title.

Memories

She flipped the cover over to reveal pictures of her and Spike in Canterlot. She remembered the photographs were the first she and Spike had together. There was a picture of a younger her holding a newly hatched Spike in her hooves for the first time, the first study lesson Spike helped her with, His first birthday, and the two for them sleeping next to a fireplace.

Twilight was about to break into tears again, possibly ruining the photographs, but something inside her stopped her. Something weird began to surface inside Twilight, she felt like she would cry and should cry, but she couldn’t. Something inside her wouldn’t let her cry, no matter her attempts to. Instead, a smile slowly began to form on the Unicorns face; a small one, but a smile none the less.

She turned the page over, and over, and over. Each page revealing more and more pictures of her and Spike together as the years went on. She saw as Spike’s spines grew, his baby fat decreased and he got slightly taller; her mane and height also getting bigger.

But as she flipped more and more, Spike began to fade away and was replaced with her new friends. It got so bad until the point where he was relatively non-existent in the last photographs, and all that was left of the book was empty pages. Twilight closed the book and placed it back on the shelf as she fell into her mattress.

I thought you were happy Spike, being my little number one assistant.

I was wrong.

I was so, so wrong.

I forgot my promise to you, but the ironic thing is that I think you’ve done what I promised.

You were there for me to bring me down to earth.

You were there to clean up after me.

You were there to put me back into bed after late night studying.

You were there to give support when I first arrived in Ponyville.

You were there to cook breakfast because I was so terrible.

You were always there, when it should have been me.

You always listened, when I should have listened to you.

You were always so determined to help me, no matter what I did.

You were always there to help me.

You wanted to help me.

Twilight looked out of her window to see the lights of the Ponyville talent show.

“And it’s time I gave something back.”

Twilight hopped out of her bed and rushed to her bathroom, trying to clean herself up as her hair was a mess and her fur was stained with tears. She quickly brushed her hair and dried her fur before rushing out of the library and locking the door. Her mind focusing on getting to the show in time.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ponyville’s Talent show was lighting the town up, almost everypony in town was there. The backstage crew using all their strength and ability to make sure everypony in the show got to perform perfectly and on time. The crowd watched from the bleachers while in front sat the three judges of the show. The Mayor of town, and the two princesses, Luna and Celestia; both of which are the two most powerful beings and rulers of Equestria. So no pressure.

Many performances had already been completed for the night. Many natives of Ponyville showing to their princesses just what they can do. Acts ranged from Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon’s cutie mark dance to Scootaloo’s Scooter tricks, the latter being better than the former.

Now among the audience was the mane five, either here to perform, to support or because the others were going so they decided to come along. Pinkie Pie had already performed and joined her friends. Rainbow, Applejack and Rarity all coming for their sibling’s performance to cheer them on. And Fluttershy was the pony that decided to join her friends.

Although the talent show kept them entertained, it couldn’t distract them from the looks they got from others and the feeling of guilt weighed them down. Each of them still had no idea how they would fix the issue, no clue on how they should carry it out. Their minds using all the spare resources to try to find a solution, but to no avail.

Their thought process was cut off as the duo of Snips and Snails brought the talent show to a halt as their magic trick with sawing the box in half had gone wrong, causing the curtains to close and the manager call for a five minute break to fix any technical issue.

It was at that moment Twilight burst through the side doors, getting the attention of the princesses. The two walked up and stopped Twilight from running through the stage by holding her back.

“Calm down Twilight, calm down.” Luna said.

Twilight eventually stopped trying to burst through and stopped moving, allowing the Princesses to let her go.

“What is the rush Twilight?” Celestia asked.

“I was trying to find Spike. Trying to apologise.” Twilight explained as she caught her breathe.

“The hay are you doing Twi?”

Twilight saw her five friends walk over to check up on her.

“Trying to apologise to Spike.” Twilight said.

“Darling, you were just going to rush in a try to immediately apologise?” Rarity said.

“Well at least I’m trying instead of just sitting and watching a show!”
Twilight said.

“We’re thinking of a plan! Not rushing in!” Rainbow said.

“Oh you’re one to talk miss ‘crash through the library window every other week’.” Twilight said.

All six of them began to have an argument, everypony else in the theatre either watching or trying to ignore the noise.

“ENOUGH!”

Everypony in the theatre did turn to look at Princess Luna, who immediately blushed at the attention. Celestia coughed, giving the sign to everypony to resume to usual activities.

“Thank you Luna. I think we really need it.” Celestia said to her sister before looking down on her student and her friends.

“Now I am personally ashamed of you all. You are the elements of harmony, representatives of the magic of friendship and heroes of Equestria. So when I got a letter from Spike on how you’ve apparently been treating him, I was completely shocked.”

“Indeed Sister. Twilight, you were the one who introduced me to the concept of friendship after a millennium on the moon, yet from what I have heard you’ve treated Spike like a dog.” Luna said.

“I thought I could trust Spike with you Twilight, you were so happy when you first started to take care in him, and I thought a beautiful connection would bloom in the future. Now I am disappointed in you, and your friends.” Celestia finished.

Twilight’s mind immediately froze and she went into shock. She always feared Celestia being mad or angry with her, but her worst fear was Celestia being disappointed in her. Now that it was a reality, she felt worse than ever before. She was about to cry from disappointment, but kept herself together.

No, no crying. Be strong, for Spike.

Twilight looked right up at Celestia and Luna’s eyes.

“I know I haven’t treated Spike right. I have probably hurt him more than I could ever fix. I know he won’t forgive me straight away. But he is special to me, to us, and I’ll keep trying to fix our relationship, no matter how long it takes. As long as I can call Spike my friend again.”

Twilight then turned to her friends who she had yelled at.

“Girls, I’m sorry for yelling at you. I was just under stress and wasn’t thinking straight. Can you forgive me?”

“Sure, don’t sweat it Twilight.” Rainbow said.

“We’ll apologise to Spike together.” Fluttershy said, patting Twilight on the back.

“Thank girls, you’re the best.” Twilight said.

Celestia and Luna watched the six ponies and small smiles grew on their faces, they looked past their previous actions to see they at least learn something. They felt hopeful that the mane six could fix their relationship with Spike.

“Okay everypony, we’re about to start the next act! Please take your seats and we’ll continue on with the show.” The manager announced before heading backstage.

The mane six walked back to their spots and sat down while the princesses returned to the judges table. The curtains pulled back to reveal Spike standing in the middle of the stage.

(Five minutes earlier)

Spike was stressed to say the least. He was waiting backstage while the crew tried to fix the mess Snails and Snips made. He was trying to get some last minute practise in before he went on, trying to perfect it so he wouldn’t mess up on stage. He finished his act before Sweetie Belle came up, wearing a dress Rarity especially made for her and the talent show.

“Hey Spike.”

“Oh hey Sweetie Belle.”

“Last minute practise?” She asked.

“Yeah, trying to not stuff it up.” Spike said.

“Come on, you’ll do fine. You’ve practised plenty to get it right.” Sweetie Belle said.

“Yeah but still; I could stuff this up.” Spike said.

"Trust me Spike, you’ll do great.” Sweetie Belle said.

Spike smiled and pulled the pony into a hug.

“Thanks Sweetie Belle, and good luck with your performance.” Spike said.

“No problem Spike.” Sweetie Belle said as she returned the hug and let go of Spike.

“Plus you wouldn’t want to disappoint Applebloom would you?” Sweetie Belle said. Spike immediately went red at the cheeks.

“How did you know that?” Spike asked.

“I’m one of her best friends, she tells me stuff you’ll probably never know.”

“Like what?’

“Ah ah ah! It’s a secret!” Sweetie Belle told him before she trotted away to get ready for her performance. Spike just smiled before getting a tap on the back. He turned to see the manager of the talent show.

“You’re on next Spike, get to the stage quick.”

“Okay, thanks.”

Spike walked out onto the middle of the stage, and took a deep breath as the curtains opened up. He watched through the crowd to see his new friends, Applebloom, Lyra and Bonbon wave from the back of the theatre. But what he wasn’t expecting to see, was Twilight, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Fluttershy and Rainbow also in the theatre.

Spike would have to ignore the shock as he had a performance to do, and took one final breath before beginning.

Everypony in the chairs watched with curiosity as Spike seemed to begin aimlessly slapping his knees, clapping his claws and snapping his fingers. Although it began as sporadic, the audience could slowly make it out as a beat to a song. They we’re intrigued as to where it was heading, and to see where he would go with it. They got their answer when he opened his mouth.

If you love somebody
Better tell them while they’re here ‘cause
They may just run away from you

Spike’s act soon began to reveal itself as he was able to copy the sound and beat of the song fairly decently with his clapping and slapping. The first three lines quickly struck Twilight and her friends.

You’ll never know quite when, well
Then again it just depends on
How long of time is left for you

Spike looked out of the crowd and directly at Applebloom, who was in awe at Spike’s singing.

I’ve had the highest mountains
I’ve had the deepest rivers
You can have it all but life keeps moving

I take it in but don’t look down…

‘Cause I’m on top of the world, ‘ay!

The audience was pleasantly surprised to see Spike stop slapping his knees and snapping his fingers, just to clap at a constant pace, stamping his foot and singing at the top of his voice with what one could only describe as complete joy.

I’m on top of the world, ‘ay
Waiting on this for a while now
Paying my dues to the dirt
I’ve been waiting to smile, ‘ay
Been holding it in for a while, ‘ay
Take you with me if I can
Been dreaming of this since a child
I’m on top of the world.

There wasn’t a pony in the theatre who couldn’t smile at Spike’s performance. He was having so much fun with his performance, you couldn’t help but feel good inside. Spike’s new friends and caretakers began to cheer spike on as he sung. Twilight and her friends even began to smile, seeing Spike displaying joy a way she had never seen him show it before. Kinda made her think just how much did she know about Spike. Pinkie Pie was the first one to start dancing in her chair, earning some odd looks from her friends.

“What? It’s a good song.”

Her friends agreed and focused back on Spike as he began to snap his fingers once again.

I’ve tried to cut these corners
Try to take the easy way out
I kept on falling short of something

Spike took a deep breath and looked at the audience with a smile before singing again.

I coulda gave up then but
Then again I couldn’t have ’cause
I’ve traveled all this way for something

I take it in but don’t look down

‘Cause I’m on top of the world, ‘ay

Spike once again started to clap and sing at the top of his lungs. He once again forced ponies to smile just from the effort he was putting in, but with a little extra. Lyra began to stand up and openly dance, causing ponies to stare with wonder and Bonbon to blush with embarrassment. Her dancing got Applebloom, Rumble, Pip, Dinky, and Featherweight to join in with the dancing. Ponies around them started to dancing in their seats, finding it hard to not dance.

I’m on top of the world, ‘ay
Waiting on this for a while now
Paying my dues to the dirt
I’ve been waiting to smile, ‘ay
Been holding it in for a while, ‘ay
Take you with me if I can
Been dreaming of this since a child
I’m on top of the world.

Oooooooo... OoooAhhhhhOoooAhhhhh

Oooooooo... OoooAhhhhhOoooAhhhhh

As Spike sang the chorus once more, something really shocked the residents of Ponyville. Sure, colts, fillies and regular ponies dancing to this song was understandable; But a Princess openly dancing? Yep, Princess Luna had been itching in her seat before and now she was dancing like mad in front of her sister and her subjects. This caught everypony’s attention in the room, except for Spike who was to in the moment of his performance.

This act from their princess eased the tension or fear some ponies had and they to begin to jump from their seats and danced to the song. Pinkie Pie, already up since Lyra stood up, was joined by her friends and they all dance together, cheering Spike on as they did.

I’m on top of the world, ‘ay
Waiting on this for a while now
Paying my dues to the dirt
I’ve been waiting to smile, ‘ay
Been holding it in for a while, ‘ay
Take you with me if I can
Been dreaming of this since a child
I’m on top of the world.

Spike opened his eyes to a sight he thought he would never see. He saw everypony in the audience dancing to his singing. His earlier questions of stuffing up where blown away from the sight of his friends all cheering and dancing, which encouraged him to smile deviously and keep on singing.

And I know it’s hard when you’re falling down
And it’s a long way up when you hit the ground
Get up now, get up, get up now.

Spike looked at the only few ponies left sitting as he told them to get up, which they quickly did joining the rest of town. Even Celestia decided to join in on the fun and was dancing like nopony had ever seen before. Spike got ready as he was prepared to wrap up the last of his performance, raising his claws as he clapped loudly.

And I know it’s hard when you’re falling down
And it’s a long way up when you hit the ground
Get up now, get up, get up now.

I’m on top of the world, ‘ay
Waiting on this for a while now
Paying my dues to the dirt
I’ve been waiting to smile, ‘ay
Been holding it in for a while, ‘ay
Take you with me if I can
Been dreaming of this since a child
I’m on top of the world.

Spike then slapped his knees and snapped his fingers a few more times before finally finishing his performance. He took a bow as everypony in the audience cheered at the top of their voices, clapping or stomping if unable to clap. Spike stood back up to see the mane six all standing and clapping for him, smiles on their faces. He took this as a message, that maybe they do care, or their now trying to show how much he means to them, so he smiled with glee. He waved to everypony before walking off backstage.

Spike soon joined Applebloom in the stands, we’re he received a huge hug out of nowhere.

“That was incredible Spike! You were fantastic!” Applebloom said.

“Thanks Applebloom…could you, uh, let me go now?”

“Huh? OH! Right, right, sorry.” Applebloom said letting go of Spike, the two left red at the cheeks.

“Um, Spike, there’s something ah gotta ask ya.” Applebloom said.

“Okay.” Spike said.

“Um…Ah’ll tell ya after tha show, alright?”

“Alright then. Cool.” Spike said, the awkwardness of the situation still not leaving until Rumble, Pip, and Featherweight came over.

“That was awesome Spike!” Rumble said.

“Yeah, you knocked it right outta Tha park.” Pip added.

“Thanks guys, could have done it without you.” Spike told them.

“Oh, and what about us, hmm?”

Spike looked up to see Lyra and Bonbon.

“I guess you didn’t really care for the pizza we got you.” Lyra said, Spike however laughed at her.

“I couldn’t forget you guys of course.” Spike said going up and giving the two’s legs a hug, which they replied with happily.

“Quick guys, Sweetie’s on next!” Featherweight said, which led to everypony and dragon to sit down as Sweetie Belle took the stage.

The rest of the show passed on through the night. Sweetie belles singing got an applause similar to that which Spike got, and the rest of the acts were entertaining and quickly over. Soon it was time to announce the winners.

Mayor Mare, Celestia and Luna all stood on stage while the podium was placed in the middle for the winners to collect their gifts, which were held in the air by Celestia’s magic.

“My dear subjects, my sister and I thank you all for showing up tonight to show your support of your fellow towns’ ponies. And we thank the mayor for inviting us to judge alongside her. I would also like to congratulate everypony that performed tonight, it takes a lot of courage to stand in front of so many ponies. Now it is time to announce the winners of tonight’s talent show.” Celestia said, gaining an applause for the audience.

“3rd place goes to Bulk Biceps for his thirty pony push-up demonstration.” Celestia said as Mayor Mare gave Bulk a coupon for the local spa.

“YEAH!” He yelled as he took his place on the podium and his coupon,
several ponies giving their round of applause for his extensive feat.

“2nd place goes to Spike for his unique ability and singing of ‘On top of the world’”.

Luna walked over and gave Spike a check for five hundred bits, which he accepted with a smile and listen to the applause he got from the audience.

“And 1st place goes to…Sweetie Belle! Whose singing earns her the first place prize!”

Celestia walked over and gave Sweetie Belle a trophy roughly the size of Spike, who tried to lift with her hooves but had to place it quickly on the podium. Nevertheless, she smiled and waved to the crowd as the audience, the Princesses, Mayor Mare, Bulk Biceps and Spike applauded her. Rarity was essentially emotional, blowing hard into a tissue for sheer joy and getting her coat wet with tears.

Once the show had ended and a lot of ponies began to go home, Spike was looking at his prize backstage when he noticed Applebloom come up to him.

“Hey Applebloom.”

“Howdy Spike.”

“You want to tell me now?”

“Not here, can ya follow me please?”

“Sure, let's go.”

So the two left the theatre, the two saying goodbye to their friends for the night and Spike telling Lyra and Bonbon he would get home later. They left the busy part of town and ended up in a quiet little street. The two just walking in silence, looking at the stairs above.

“Ya know, ah’m kinda disappointed.” Spike turned to Applebloom.

“About what?”

“Well, ah’m glad Sweetie won and all, but…ah kinda wanted you ta win.”

“Yeah, I would have liked it to Applebloom. But you know something.” Spike told her.

“What?”

“I don’t need a prize. Sure it would have been nice but I don’t need it to feel happy. Spending these last few days with you, the crusaders, Rumble, Pip, Featherweight, Lyra, Bonbon, have been some of the happiest days in years. As long as I’m with you, our friends and I’m happy; I don’t need anything else in Equestria.” Spike explained to her.

Applebloom smiled at Spike, getting closer and closer to him as he talked.

“As long as you’re here, ah’m happy to.”

“I’m glad Applebloom, I’m glad.” Spike returned with a smile.

“Alright, this should be a good spot.” Applebloom said, checking to make sure nopony was around or in the street.

“Okay, what did you want to tell me?”

“Well…”

The next day.

In Lyra and Bonbon’s house, Spike was going through a pain most people go through his age.

“Ow!”

Trying to get comfortable in a suit.

Spike stood in front of a mirror as Lyra’s magic messed with his suit, him trying to fit her every step of the way.

“Come on, stay still Spike so I can do the bowtie!” Lyra said.

“I can do a bowtie you know.” Spike argued back.

“Yes but you suck at it, so stay still.” Lyra said.

Bonbon was standing at the end of the room, smiling.

“Now I understand how fun it is to watch.”

“Oh shut up Bonbon.”

Bonbon giggled until she heard the doorbell ring. She left the two to fight over the suit while she went to open the door.

She opened the door to reveal Twilight, Rainbow, Pinkie, Applejack, Fluttershy and Rarity. Her happy mood immediately left her as she saw their faces.

“Oh, hey.” She said in a monotone voice.

“Hello Bonbon. Could we borrow Spike for a moment?” Twilight asked.

“What for?” Bonbon asked.

“We’ve come too apologised to him.”

Bonbon thought about it for a minute before sighing and moving out of the way.

“Alright, come in.”

“Thanks Bonbon.” Twilight said.

“I’ll just go get him then.” Bonbon told them as she walked back into the room where Spike had finally gotten his suit finished.

“Spike, they’re someponies here for you.” Bonbon said.

“Okay.” Spike said casually as he walked out of the room.

Spike walked out to see the six mares he had run away from waiting for him in the lounge room. His cheerfulness replaced with just a notice he acknowledged their existed.

“Oh…Hey.” He said to them.

“Spike, we want to talk to you about something.” Twilight said.

“…Ok.” He said, not letting his guard down. Twilight took a deep breathe before letting it out and standing up straight.

“We want to apologise to you. We care about you Spike, you mean a lot to us.”

“Really, because I haven’t really gotten that message across from all the stuff you guys make me do.” Spike argued.

“We know Darling, and I think we’re all ashamed at what we’ve done.” Rarity said, her friends nodding behind her.

“But you’re still important to us Spike, we’ve just forgotten to thank you for it.” Twilight followed.

“That makes it better?” Spike asked.

“No, but you’ve still impacted us. I actually discovered last night that you’re more important to us then you would believe. “Twilight argued.

“How so?” Spike asked.

“You represent each of the elements of harmony Spike. You’ve represented it in one way or another.” Twilight said.

“Ya work as hard as Big Mac in apple season on tha farm, and ya do it without asking for a thing. Ya never fib about ya work, and you’re always honest.” Applejack said.

“You’re always so nice to the animals, and you looked after our pets when we went to the crystal empire. You’re the kindness dragon I know.” Fluttershy added.

“I cannot possibly count the number of times you have put yourself physically after trying to help with my projects. That is a level of generosity I may never achieve.” Rarity said.

“You're always try to lighten to mood and make everypony look at the positives! You like a little bundle of laughter!” Pinkie Pie said.

“I’ve seen you and Twilight hang out, you always help her with what she wants. Loyalty at it's finest, I admire you dude.” Rainbow said.

“When I hatched you in Canterlot, I hatched you using my magic; and since I’m the element of magic, you have a direct link to the element of magic.” Twilight said.

“You still hurt me, you still didn’t thank me.” Spike pointed out.

“We know Spike, we each know how much we hurt you.” Twilight said.

“I don’t think you do.” Spike shot back.

“Beg your pardon?” Twilight asked.

“Girls, I’m still a kid and yet you expected so much from me. I did all of this but I wasn’t happy about it. And what exactly are you saying? You’ve told me the impact but I don’t really know why I should come back. You can say you know what you’ve done, but unless you’ve gone through a similar situation, you really don’t” Spike pointed out.

The mane six were silent, knowing full well Spike was right. They knew they couldn’t fix everything, but they weren’t going to give up yet.

“You’re right Spike, we don’t know what you are going through. And you have the right to be angry or mad at us after what we’ve all done. But we still want to fix things.” Twilight said.

“We wanna be pals again sugarcube, real pals this time.” Applejack said.

“I don’t know girls.” Spike said.

“Give us a chance Spike, try to prove to you we want things to be better.” Twilight asked.

Spike looked at the mane six, they had looks on their faces telling him they were serious. One voice in his head told him to yell at them, tell them no way and keep them out of his life forever, but another voice telling him to go back, to forgive them. He thought on it, taking a deep breathe before talking.

“If I do give you a chance, what are you going to do?”

“From now on, whenever ya come down to tha farm, y’all get paid the same as anypony else who helps at the farm. And ah’ll teach you a few apple family recipes ta use on ya own.” Applejack said.

“No more practical jokes until you say it’s okay, and no more involving anything life threatening. Plus, as an extra bonus, I’ll take you up to Cloudsdale whenever you want.” Rainbow said.

“I will no longer use you as a pincushion when making a dress, and I once again deeply apologise for doing what I now realise is…barbaric! And as the element of Generosity, I will give you gems for whenever you help me.” Rarity said.

“I’m going to throw you a HUGE party! They’ll be candy, present, music, dancing, and CAKE! All for you! I’ll also help you create that gem cake you’ve been itching to make.” Pinkie said.

“I’ll take you see all the animals, I-If you want to. I-I also promise to always listen to you from now o-on. “Fluttershy said.

“Spike, from now own, I promise we each do half the chores, I’ll clean up after myself, to give you days off, let you go to school, and to give you your own room. I’ll also cook breakfast for you if you decide to come and live back with me.” Twilight said.

“I don’t know girls…” Spike said.

“I know you won’t forgive us right away spike and it’s not a lot, but it’s a start.”

“Well…”

“Please Spike, just one chance.” Twilight asked, hoping for the best. Spike just sighed and look at Twilight.


“Okay Twilight, I’ll give it a shot one more time.” He said with a small smile.

Spike was then given a little scare as he got hugged from all sides by the mane six, each smiling as they held the little dragon. Bonbon and Lyra looked at the sight and couldn’t help to smile themselves.

“Thank you Spike.” They all said at once, the dragon smiling before hugging back to the best of his ability. They stayed like this for a while before Spike spoke up.

“Girls, can you let go now? I have to be somewhere soon.”

The mane six let Spike go, who brushed off his suit and checked to make sure it looked good.

“Where do you have to go darling?” Rarity asked.

“Oh, I’m going on a date with Applebloom.”

“WHAT!?” The mane six yelled.

“Yeah, she asked me out yesterday. See ya later!” Spike said as he rushed out of the door and headed for his date.

The six mares just stood there, jaws dropped nearly to the ground. They stayed like this before Applejack stood up and spoke.

“What the-“

The end.

Author's Note:

Another story finished, after two year since it came out.

Hello everyone! here is a late Christmas gift for you all! I know my stories have been slow and updates take months due to work, life, etc. But i'm still glad your all supporting me and have been since the first chapter of this story; I'm trying to speed up my updates and finish these stories faster for you guys. Thank you all, have a Merry Christmas, and a Happy new 2016!

Comments ( 21 )

I liked this whole story though i feel kinda bad for everyone in the end, at least everyone is getting a second chance which is always good.

I still think Spike should not go back to live with Twilight.

Hahaha! Good ending! But I think he shouldn't live with Twilight, at least not right away.
Oh, found some typos:

The two just walking in silence, looking at the stairs above.

Stars above.

You’re the kindness dragon I know.” Fluttershy added.

Kindest dragon, I think.

What if Celestia decides to drop everything and spends some time with her dragon son?

Well, I'm glad for the happy ending and all, but how didn't AJ know about the date? Or was Applebloom still giving her the silent treatment? Guess that'd make sense.

Also I was really hoping to see the date! But I'm a SpikeBloom nut, so that's that I guess. :twilightsheepish:

Certainly ended a little better than Dragon Assassin regardless, and I liked that Sweetie Belle ended up winning. It'd seem a little weird if Spike was better than her. Though I thought he was going to do some skateboard tricks since he was looking at one at the start of the story. Plus Celestia not just waving off what Twilight and her friends did was nice a touch, so they truly knew the impact of the situation.

Overall, I give this story a 9/10 and a moustache paired with a bow! :moustache::heart::applecry: (Still waiting on the happy AB emoticon!:twilightsheepish:) A fun little read that I have re-read several times while it was being written! :pinkiehappy:

That was really good. You should be proud of this. Would've loved to see Spike and Apple Bloom, but hey. Still a great story.

I was listening to Good Riddance/Time of Your Life by Green Day when I got to Spike singing. Good Riddance fit considering what Spike has gone through. Don't mind me, just some Green Day maniac.

I need some mlg horns for this. Spike chewed them up, spit them in their own faces, and burned them to ashes. :pinkiesad2::pinkiecrazy:

I finally finished this story. Now they have to show him how much he means to them. Have a like.:twilightsmile:

6778727 Equsteria will fall apart.

please tell me there's a sequel!?

7016179 why not its so great there needs the sequel you don't let the people know how Twilight number going to earn his Trust will he stay at the Castle go back To layra and bon bon so many questions left unsaid.

He's right there must be a sequel.

It's good but it was kinda too rushed...

And I wanted Spike to stay with Lyra and Bon Bon....damnit...

Please do a sequel

SEQUEL!!!!!!:flutterrage:

No sequels and you are good there because for every good artist needs a break.

Nice story.

Everypony in the chairs watched with curiosity as Spike seemed to begin aimlessly slapping his knees, clapping his claws and snapping his fingers. Although it began as sporadic, the audience could slowly make it out as a beat to a song. They we’re intrigued as to where it was heading, and to see where he would go with it. They got their answer when he opened his mouth.

Login or register to comment