• Published 8th Sep 2013
  • 1,356 Views, 19 Comments

Spike's Journal 2 - WorkingClassWriter



Spike begins his second diary/journal, covering the whole of the second season. Also contains chapters from the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

  • ...
4
 19
 1,356

Sweet and Elite

Spike's Journal 2

Sweet and Elite

Dear Journal,

Well, it happened. Rarity went on vacation. For over a week. To be honest, I'm not sure what I did during those past few days. I seem to recall it consisted of me peering at the newspaper everyday to find out if the headlines contained something like 'CANTERLOT BURNED DOWN TO THE GROUND BY TRAITOR SOLDIERS; GORGEOUS WHITE MARSHMALLOW PONY MISSING' or 'STRANGE WHITE MARSHMALLOW PONY FROM COUNTRY MAKES UP WITH PRINCE BLUEBLOOD THE THIRD, NOW ENGAGED'.

Fortunately, I saw nothing of note except 'SUDDEN CHANGELING DROP IN POPULATION, MYSTERIOUS DISAPPEARANCE TO BE INVESTIGATED' but that's not as if it's going to be particularly of note to my life, anyway. What would strange bug creatures want to have to do with us?

Still, I've been really missing Rarity a lot, obviously. I mean, it is the crush, but I've actually started to talk to her in these last few months, so I guess you could say we're kind of friends. Applejack's told me that it's probably something called puberty, but I'm not even sure what that is. Either way, I was quite excited when Twilight told me that we were going to spend Rarity's last night in Canterlot with her before getting home for her birthday.

The train ride to the place was a little bumpy. The Running of the Leaves had taken place recently, and some ponies had crossed our path and left some marks on it. Rainbow Dash and Applejack got a good laugh of it when they heard the reason (they had managed to get a good third and seventh place this year, by the way).

When we arrived at Canterlot, I realised something: it's changed quite a bit. There were new roads and extensions built in some places and it took a pretty long time for us to end up at the castle. I guess it's because Discord's chaos ended up wrecking some things permanently. Not even Celestia's magic can fix everything. That's sort of depressing.

The six of us stopped by Twilight's old house for dinner, and we had a nice meal. I've almost forgotten how good Twilight's parents are in cooking. (Pinkie Pie seemed to agree with me.) When I finished dinner, however, it was getting pretty late, so Twilight decided that she and the other mares would fetch Rarity alone and come back at around ten. Which was fine with me, desert and a talk with Shining Armor is a good combination. Plus, ten wasn't that late.

While me and Shining were gobbling up sundaes his father had made for the two of us, Shining Armor mentioned that he was going out with a mare. After congratulating him, I asked what her name was, and Shining blushed and murmured that it was private for now. Which was weird, since me and him like each other quite well, but I respected the dude's privacy. His job was going alright too.

We expected Twi and the rest to show up after a few hours, but they didn't arrive. Worried that something had happened to them, our folks asked us to check up on Twilight. So, me and Shining took a private cab to the castle tower. After a bit of a mess regarding our identities and what we were doing at the castle this late (the main issue was that I was too young to get an ID and that I wasn't a equine. Well, the main issue that I have with the guards is that they forget things fast. I'm kind of under the guardianship of one of the most important unicorns in Equestria, and I have been to the castle on occasion. Heck, I was even born in the castle. Seriously?) we were allowed to go inside.

So, we entered the ballroom, and the two of us got spotted at once. Not by Twilight, or Rarity, or any of the others, but by the upper class. One half of the populace took notice to me and the lack of hooves on my torso, again (really, I'm starting to realise why Twilight is ranting so much about racial discrimination) and the other half focused on the Royal Guard. I really am a victim of fashion.

When we finally found Rarity (oh, and the other girls) she was talking to a stallion. I was about to cry in protest when Shining Armor quickly pointed out that the stallion in question was Fancy Pants, who was a perfectly decent pony and over fifty. Also, he had a wife. Er, I should really learn to stop jumping to conclusions.

...hold on, now that I'm writing this, I just realised something. How on earth did Shining know about my infatuation with Rares? Unless...

...Twilight told him.

That.

Freaking.

Mare.


Alright; I just came back from angrily demanding that Twilight stop leaking details about my private life to other family relatives. She pointed out that Shining Armor has a good sense of deduction, being one of the Royal Guards and all, and that she would never risk the chance of Pinkie Pie murdering her once she split a secret. Also, she's decided I'm getting far too hormonal and is prohibiting me from listening to things like Fall Out Colt until I mature. Sheesh. Ask a random question...

To continue on (I've listened to Fall Out Colt's discography about a million times already anyway), once Rarity spot us she gave me a big hug-yeeeee I totally don't mind that being quite sappy-and said that she had missed me (!). She described her time here, which had been mostly about mingling with members of society. She had learned from the rest to stick up for her friends from the lower class, though.

We hung out for awhile and came home a quarter to midnight. Well, that was quite the extension. Twilight's mum was practically raging, and I'm quite convinced she only didn't murder Shining and me because it was Twilight's birthday. We quickly went to bed, but not before we each wished Twilight a happy birthday.

A few tearful goodbyes were exchanged between family and friends the next morning later, though Twilight tried to promise and visit soon. We went home mostly in peace, though Shining give me a tip before I went on the train. That is, you can drown twelve buckets of ice cream fast enough if you add a Heating Spell to it. Shining always gives me the most useless advice. I love him.

Today, I didn't learn much except that I realised that Twilight's birthday is strangely close to mine. I'm turning eleven next week! That's more than a decade of weird stuff. And if my species life span holds true that's still about a century more to come. Considering how long unicorns and earth ponies live, plus the fact that Dash is super athletic even for a pegasus and that Fluttershy is a vegetarian, that means a century more of strangeness.

Who knows what's going to happen?

-Spike

Comments ( 4 )

WHERE THE F*** ARE ALL THE F***ING COMMENTS?!?!?

Can't wait for Secret to my Excess. :3

Too bad it’s been 3 years since it was last updated. Would have been interesting to see more of these for the rest of the seasons.

Login or register to comment