• Published 8th Sep 2013
  • 1,356 Views, 19 Comments

Spike's Journal 2 - WorkingClassWriter



Spike begins his second diary/journal, covering the whole of the second season. Also contains chapters from the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

  • ...
4
 19
 1,356

The Return of Harmony, Part 1

Spike’s Journal 2
Written by The39Ponies
Edited by cwiis

The Return Of Harmony Part 1

Dear Diary,

It's happened again. Right after I finally start writing something that isn't a letter to the Princess, there's something new to worry about. Actually, this whole darn thing is so confusing I don't know whether to panic or not.

It all started last morning. Twilight finally had a moment of studying in peace, so all was relatively calm. Then, it started raining. Well, I'm not that sure it was rain. Last time I checked, rain was made of water, not chocolate. Well, I guess the heavens were listening to me. For some reason, I wish they hadn't.

Upon further investigation, we found out that the chocolate drizzle was coming from a cotton candy cloud. I was starting to think this was one of Pinkie's outdoor parties when a group of long-legged bunnies passed by. I don't think even Pinkie can do that.

We decided to check on our friends to see if the town was cursed or something. Twilight brought a book (as usual), and we left Owlowiscious in charge. Since Applejack's home was mostly outdoors, we decided to march near there.

When we got there, it was even more crazier. Not only was there chocolate rain (which Pinkie was drinking for some reason), there were also trees with giant apples being uprooted. Something was definitely wrong here.

Once we stopped staring at the whole thing, Twilight decided to use a spell we'd seen Celestia do every United Nations day. It was supposed to make the whole climate peaceful or something. It worked. Almost. Let's just say that I should be careful of what I wish for next time I do, or else it's going to come back to me in liquid form.

We decided to go to Canterlot (personally, I was thinking that this was another one of Celestia's grand schemes again). The train ride there wasn't exactly peaceful. Somehow, the coal got transfigured into little chocolate mints. After listening to a whoop of cursing from the conductor, we snuck out and took a cab.

The cab was sort of slow-running, and we got of after about three hours. Good thing, because the driver was starting to act like a dolphin. I swear, he was even making sounds and flipping his hooves. We tiptoed to the castle, wondering whether we were supposed to laugh or cry.

The Canterlot sky wasn't doing all that much better—purple pelicans were flying everywhere—but Canterlot Castle looked safe. Still, I'm still not sure whether the Star Swirl the Bearded statues had mustaches on them or not. They probably did.

By now I was feeling kind of grumpy. I decided that I would stay at the Sparkle's house while the gang visited Celestia. I don't think that was a very good choice. Twilight's mom and dad were trying to stop Shining Armor from standing on a couch and reciting some poem about Demon Pox or something. I went to the television room.

Equestria wasn't exactly weird proof. By the end of an hour, I had witnessed a sea of vanilla in Trottingham, exploding elephants in Appleloosa, and The Statue of Pony Liberty hosting a party. Still, that was nothing compared to Ponyville. When they showed footage of it, it was barely recognizable.

Since my cerebrum was exploding from confusion, I asked Twilight's mom for permission to go to Canterlot Castle to see Celestia and ask about the whole thing. Well, actually, I didn't need to. The whole family was on some unicycles I received for Hearth's Warming Eve when I was little, now singing a drinking song. After a few minutes of trying to actually talk to them, I decided I would go with my own permission.

It didn't help at all. The guards were missing for some reason, so I couldn't open the castle gates. I tried to climb a window, but I fell down halfway to a giant crab with maracas. In the end, I squeezed through a hole. The cramps are still affecting me right now.

After I could actually stand up, I searched for Celestia. I couldn't find her in the throne room, the bedrooms, or the record hall. I searched for Luna. I searched for Twilight's old foalsitter. I even searched for that Blueblood lout that tried to steal Rarity from me. No result.

Fearing that everypony but me had been infected by a disease, I broke into the kitchen for a sandwich (hey, food always helps). When I was putting some weird foreign sauce on it, I heard voices from a large closet. I saw Celestia there, wrapping, gathering, and spraying letters.

__________________________________________
Unique Equine Facts #21:
You always see ponies in unexpected places doing unexpected things.
__________________________________________

She didn't even notice me until I uncontrollably burped fire in her face. Being the good little dragon I am, I apologized. And then, to add to the list of weird things that happened today, she wasn't angry at all. Instead, she told me something along the lines of this:

"Spike, you might have a tummy-ache soon, and that's because—well, you'll, er, belch out several letters. I'm sorry that you have to, but it's our only hope. Our only hope. Otherwise, that-that-that—"

Then she said some words I never even dreamed of her saying and continued her work after.

Right now I'm in the guest bed, trying to lessen my pain and puzzle over everything. I have no idea what happened to everypony, but I have this feeling I will soon. Why? Well, I just noticed thunder coming from one of the castle maze gardens. That can't be good, right?

-Spike