• Published 24th Aug 2013
  • 3,529 Views, 187 Comments

The Twinkie Group Collab! - Drizzle Quill



A collection of short prompts all featuring Pinkie X Twilight, totally not stolen from the FlutterDash and Rarjiack groups, who totally didn't steal it from the AppleDash group or anything...

  • ...
9
 187
 3,529

PreviousChapters Next
Sick - Blue Dragon

Author: Blue Dragon

Prompt: Sick


“Oh, I’m so sorry, Pinkie… I really shouldn’t have made you do that.” Twilight sniffled, trying to keep her tears at bay. Pinkie was resting in bed—Twilight’s bed, to be specific—with a grimace strewn across her muzzle and a blanket up to her chin. Her face was a nasty green, though nowhere near as bad as earlier.

“There’s no need to feel sorry, silly filly.” Pinkie smiled as best she could. “That was the best cupcake I’ve ever eaten!”

Her face seemed to regain more of its color with that comment. A pinkish hue settled over her cheeks, until at last her name made sense once again.

“But that could’ve killed you! What was I thinking, adding so much salt…?” Twilight scuffed her hoof against the ground, her chest heaving with a sigh. Pinkie forced herself up and nuzzled Twilight’s cheek, but she stepped away.

“Twilight…” A hint of a whine resonated from deep within her voice. “A little salt never hurt anypony. I was only sick for, like, thirty seconds.”

“Thirty minutes,” corrected Twilight, her shoulders slumping. Pinkie pushed herself forward even more, this time her muzzle connecting with Twilight’s forehead, just beneath the horn.

“Nuh-uh. I promise it was yummy. I ate all of it, right? Anything you make is super-duper sweet, Twi!” Pinkie was leaning forward, though her flank remained on the edge of the bed. When Twilight attempted to pull away a second time, Pinkie’s forelegs came down on her shoulders.

“You’re lying… And you really shouldn’t be moving around so much. I should be making you feel better, so lay back down.”

Twilight reached her hooves up to meet Pinkie’s, and nudged her back toward the bed.

Pinkie had other plans.

Just as Twilight had gotten Pinkie back onto the bed, she flipped them over so she was straddling Twilight. “I think you have your priorities mixed up, missy!”

Pinkie,” groaned Twilight, “what in Equestria are you thinking? If you throw up again—“

“This is more important than that!” Pinkie swore up and down. “You’ve really gotta stop being so harsh on yourself, Twily. You’re gonna make yourself sick by thinking so negatively all the time.”

“It’s not called thinking negatively, it’s called thinking realistically. Negative would be saying things like ‘I’m the worst pony in the world. I make too many mistakes, and the pressure is sometimes too much. Sometimes I feel like… like nopony loves—“

“Don’t say it.” Imploring cerulean eyes met Twilight’s. It was then that she realized she’d gotten carried away, and tears of her own were streaming down her face. Pinkie looked like she was just about to cry, too.

She reached a hoof up and wiped Twilight’s tears away. “Don’t ever say that, ‘cause somepony always loves you. ‘In sickness and in health,’ remember? Ya know, that thing we said exactly twelve and a half weeks, five hours and thirty-five minutes ago?”

A small smile graced Twilight’s features. “Yes, I remember our wedding day. How could I forget?”

“You sounded like you were starting to lose sight of it. Anywhoozles… Where were we?” Pinkie’s lips met Twilight’s, and even though it tasted like salt, Twilight returned it.

PreviousChapters Next