• Published 24th Aug 2013
  • 3,528 Views, 187 Comments

The Twinkie Group Collab! - Drizzle Quill



A collection of short prompts all featuring Pinkie X Twilight, totally not stolen from the FlutterDash and Rarjiack groups, who totally didn't steal it from the AppleDash group or anything...

  • ...
9
 187
 3,528

PreviousChapters Next
Competition - Midnight herald

Prompt: Competition


Twilight tried her best to keep from drooping as she left the stage. The last smattering of applause chased her into the wings and she looked guiltily at her partner with a wry smirk. “Well, we tried,” she grumbled, scuffing the floor.

Pinkie smiled back earnestly. “Yep! We sure did!” she chirped, matching Twilight’s pace evenly, although with much more bounce.

Twilight huffed. “I’m all left hooves, Pinkie, you know that.”

Pinkie hummed for a moment and shook her head. “I’m pretty sure you’re also wings and horn and brain and heart, Twi-Twi,” she sing-songed, her hooves tapping out a catchy rhythm.

Twilight glowered at everything, and nothing.. “And then halfway through, when I forgot the choreography … That couldn’t even be called dancing!” She rubbed her muzzle dejectedly and took a few,shuddering breaths. “Why did I agree to this?”

Pinkie stopped and turned abruptly, an odd mix of playful concern on her face. “Honestly, that was my favorite part,” she admitted, her eyes crinkling adorably. Twilight’s jaw dropped.

“B-but … How … Huh?” Twilight squeaked.

Pinkie’s smile spread even wider. “Because when you’d forgotten everything I showed you, then it was really you out there, dancing your heart out. I got to see my little sugar-cookie grooving it up, her style. And the whole audience got to see it, too. They got to see what you really felt, not what I taught you to feel.” Pinkie kissed the tip of Twilight’s nose and winked. “And I’ve never been prouder.”

Twilight blushed brilliantly and fought the urge to hide her face behind her forelegs. “But Pinkie, I was a mess,” she protested, scowling slightly.

Pinkie rolled her eyes. “Well, yeah,” she giggled, bumping Twilight’s flank playfully with her own. “But you were my mess. That’s different.”

PreviousChapters Next