• Published 24th Aug 2013
  • 3,528 Views, 187 Comments

The Twinkie Group Collab! - Drizzle Quill



A collection of short prompts all featuring Pinkie X Twilight, totally not stolen from the FlutterDash and Rarjiack groups, who totally didn't steal it from the AppleDash group or anything...

  • ...
9
 187
 3,528

PreviousChapters Next
Nerd - Blue Dragon

Author: Blue Dragon

Prompt: Nerd


How were the Elements of Harmony created?

Twilight smirked and closed her eyes. Her memory was as impeccable as usual, and she recited every word with a passion she’d only known when her magical studies were involved. “The Elements of Harmony have no known origins, as they existed before the princesses found them. It is theorized that the Elements rose from the ashes of phoenixes before the dawn of time, and eventually took on the attributes of the ponies that found them.”

Twilight took in a deep breath as she scanned the page beneath her. She was to take part in a big competition between Equestria and the other neighboring countries—griffons, zebras, and even dragons were going to be trying out. Recognition, money, and jewels were the reward of winning this battle of wits, and Princess Celestia had chosen Twilight, the new princess, to represent Equestria.

Thanks to Cadence’s breathing techniques, Twilight had kept herself under control.

Mostly.

But still, this was so important… This competition, Wits and Whispers—dubbed as such due to all the cheaters—had so much weight on Equestria’s standing both financially and politically. The “friendly” competition helped relations between the different nations, too, and at this point in time that was crucial, especially between the dragons and griffons.

Of course, something that required this much study and practice forced her to push her friends away. There wasn’t any time to relax or have fun.

Pinkie had either taken it the hardest, or the easiest. It was hard to say when it came to her. When Twilight had requested some time alone from all her friends (even Spike and Owlowiscious), Pinkie had asked why, gotten a thoughtful look on her face, before taking off.

It seemed like a normal Pinkie-like thing to do, so Twilight didn’t think much of it.

And she didn’t understand why she was now. Think, Twilight… You should be studying right now. What’s the next question again? …Who is Dracorra the Drake?

Twilight thought for a second, but when no answer came to her mind, she grew frustrated. I should know all of this… Who the hay is Dracorra the Drake? Obviously a dragon, but what did he do?

The alicorn considered this before reaching a decision. “Spike!” she called, “I need you to send a letter to…”

Her voice died out as she remembered that she was the only one present in the library. An embarrassed blush settled over her cheeks, though she didn’t get why. Just as Twilight began wondering once again what she should do about this question, she felt a familiar pony pressing up against her back.

She sighed. “Pinkie, I’m still—“

“Dracorra the Drake,” she said into Twilight’s ear, “was a dragon gladiator. He created what was called Guerrilla Warfare, and was credited with the fall of the griffon village Beakburg back in the day.”

Twilight’s eyebrows drew back in surprise, and she felt Pinkie’s hooves wrap themselves around her waist. “How did you—“

“Not only did that cause tension between the two tribes,” Pinkie continued, “but it also pulled ponies into the mix. No griffon had survived the raid, and rumors spread around that Princess Celestia had taken part in it. Even today, griffons still find it hard to trust others, and some still think it was us that did it.”

Twilight craned her neck slightly so she could meet Pinkie’s gaze. The earth pony looked like she hadn’t gotten any sleep in days, but confidence shown through her big baby blue eyes.

Silence lay over them like a blanket, and Twilight felt both comfortable and uncomfortable at the same time. She loved having Pinkie so close to her, but she knew she should’ve been doing something else.

Pinkie seemed to interpret the silence as something bad. Her ears drooped and she avoided eye contact. “I thought I could help you study if I remembered everything in that big history book you had. I’m sorry for taking it without asking, but I really did want to help you.”

Twilight smiled as she nuzzled her marefriend’s cheek. “Are you sure? I appreciate the gesture, but you don’t have to.”

Pinkie’s grin was even brighter than Twilight’s. “But I want to. Truuust me, it’s more torture stayin’ away from you than it is reading history lessons with you by my side,” she pointed out.

The alicorn let herself relax against the pink pony behind her, whose grip only tightened. As the two continued to go through all of her textbooks, Pinkie was able to recite facts off better than even Twilight could. Twilight may have been a nerd, but Pinkie was her own candy-like nerd. Not just anypony could read through a five-hundred textbook and memorize every word, and even fewer would do so for the sake of somepony else.

They were both nerds, but neither would have it any other way.

PreviousChapters Next