• Published 24th Aug 2013
  • 3,528 Views, 187 Comments

The Twinkie Group Collab! - Drizzle Quill



A collection of short prompts all featuring Pinkie X Twilight, totally not stolen from the FlutterDash and Rarjiack groups, who totally didn't steal it from the AppleDash group or anything...

  • ...
9
 187
 3,528

PreviousChapters Next
Logic - The 8-Bit Flame Princess

Prompt: Logic


The purple mare wandered around the gardens of the castle aimlessly, enjoying the peace and tranquility. She needed time to think, and for once the stuffy interior of her private office wasn't going to do it for her.

She stretched her wings and bent down to look at a pink rose. Celestia had told her they’d been genetically engineered using the DNA of two different types of flowers. Twilight had always found genetic engineering fascinating, and in fact they’d there were stories of technology that could clone a pony properly.

Maybe there would be time to oversee and participate in the process, if her royal duties allowed time enough to get away-

“If I pushed you in the flowers, would you tell Celestia?” a male voice sounded from behind her, and Twilight Sparkle nearly did fall in the flowers, from shock.

“Discord, what are you doing here? Are you following me?” she questioned, narrowing her eyes at the grinning draconequus.

“It’s a free country. And you looked troubled. I merely thought I could offer a distraction for your so obvious sorrow.” he smiled at her.

“Well, you’re not really helping, are you?” she frowned, sitting down on the grass neatly.

“Did you expect me to?” he chuckled, then snapped his fingers. A purple cloud appeared, and he rested on it beside Twilight. “Tell Uncle Discord your troubles. Your wish is my command.”

Twilight snorted, then sighed. “You wouldn't understand.”

“Wisdom, comes with age, m’dear. You can’t stay silent forever, Twi.”

Twilight sighed again. “There’s this mare-“

“There always is. Is she cute?” Discord winked at her, and she glared back.

“Not helping.” she said through gritted teeth.

“Don’t worry, I’m sure Pinkie Pie would give you a chance. She sounds like a mare who doesn’t like turning people down.” he smiled- kindly for once. Maybe he really was trying to help.

“Yes, but now that I’m an alicorn, she may think- Wait, PINKIE PIE?! How did you- When did I- What?” Twilight Sparkle stammered, blushing faintly.

She took the ‘kindly’ back now.

“You talk in your sleep.” Discord said with barely contained mirth.

“Have you been spying in my bedroom?” she yelped. He placed his paw on her shoulder.

“I like to help out the guards at night by looking in to all the rooms, using my magic. I may have happened upon you having a … interesting dream.” he smiled at Twilight’s quickly reddening face. “And I’m sure all your thoughts are poppycock. From what I’ve heard, she thinks the world of you. So, off you go. Move.”

Twilight grinned at him warmly. Discord reformed wasn't actually that bad.

“Oh, and take this.” he plucked the pink rose from the flowerbed. “And don’t tell Celestia.”

Twilight walked away, happy with Discord’s reassuring advice. Suddenly, a thought struck her.

“Wait, how can I trust your advice?” she called specifically back to Discord, how was juggling spoons and carrots.

He smiled cheekily back at her. “There is no logic in love, after all.”

PreviousChapters Next