• Published 24th Aug 2013
  • 3,527 Views, 187 Comments

The Twinkie Group Collab! - Drizzle Quill



A collection of short prompts all featuring Pinkie X Twilight, totally not stolen from the FlutterDash and Rarjiack groups, who totally didn't steal it from the AppleDash group or anything...

  • ...
9
 187
 3,527

PreviousChapters Next
Faith - Blue Dragon

Author: Blue Dragon

Prompt: Faith


Pinkie Pie thrived on friendship. She loved to make friends, to make ponies happy, and she couldn’t get enough of those smiles. She could make even the most depressed of donkeys a happy camper when she put her mind to it.

So it came as a surprise when she made a new friend that wouldn’t smile at all. Her name was Twilight Sparkle, and she was a grumpy one. Never did she want to talk with anyone, and even worse was she never wanted to talk to Pinkie! It was jarring to say the least, and Pinkie set out to fix the situation.

However, Twilight wouldn’t let her anywhere near her. The only pony—or, dragon, really—she let near her was the one she’d arrived in Ponyville with, and his name was Spike. An idea had hatched in Pinkie’s mind to use this dragon’s relationship with the sad pony to her advantage, and she did. They were quick friends with the aid of jewels, and finally she was able to get into the library.

It was then that she got to see what Twilight’s life was like.

It was strange and something the likes Pinkie had never seen before, but it interested her. Her new friend Spike got annoyed when she would rather watch Twilight than play games, and she often wondered how that pony could sit there for so long.

Each passing day left Pinkie more bewildered than the last, and she spent more and more time just staring. Twilight was a bookworm, and she didn’t care for other ponies. It was like she was Pinkie’s polar opposite, and that intrigued her all the more.

Soon, this curiosity became something more. It evolved into something more than simple interest, into something that made Pinkie’s heart race and her knees go weak. All that with just a passing thought of Twilight Sparkle—the way she smiled that victory smile while reading, the way her mane sparkled in the light, and perhaps most of all, just how much she didn’t believe herself to be beautiful.

Spike was the voice of reason. He picked up on Pinkie’s feelings almost as quickly as they’d developed. His sole warning to her was to back off and forget, lest she be hurt in the end. He’d said Twilight wasn’t a pony that cared for others that way, that she would never change.

But Pinkie had faith. It was only when Spike had pointed it out that she realized just how much she’d come to care for Twilight, and it was far too late to back out now. When she’d explained this to Spike, he only shrugged and told her to do what she wanted to.

Now, Pinkie set off to achieve the impossible: Make Twilight Sparkle fall in love with her.

Somehow, Pinkie had confidence in her abilities. Twilight had grown used to her being in the library at this point, and it was only a minor change to her when Pinkie started spending more time with her. Pinkie would sit next to Twilight while she was reading, and scoot closer when she knew Twilight was so into her book she wouldn’t notice.

But still Twilight was oblivious. Even so, it was an improvement now that she spoke to Pinkie like she did with Spike, and even better that she addressed her by her name. She could get away with the occasional hug if she timed it right, and those were always the very best. Twilight was so warm and inviting, that Pinkie could barely keep to herself! She had to keep telling herself to keep her hooves off until she could call Twilight her own, and she had to remind herself to have faith.

Finally, her patience bore fruit. Twilight had started acting funny around her—and not the kind that makes you laugh. Well, sort of, since it was really cute—but not in a joking way. She was smiling more, something Pinkie had been craving since the moment she’d seen her, and they spent less time studying and more time playing games.

It was one of these instances that things had gotten out of hand. They’d been wrestling when it happened. Pinkie had always enjoyed her time with Twilight, but this was one of those rare times that she enjoyed it even more. She pinned Twilight and grinned down at her. She was going to tease her about it, but found herself tongue-tied. Twilight looked stunning underneath her, the way her mane fell just so and the way her gaze was averted. She was embarrassed, Pinkie knew.

“…You’re beautiful, you know that?” Pinkie had blurted out without thinking. She reached one of her hooves up to Twilight’s cheek and gently lifted it, forcing Twilight to meet her eyes. Twilight’s entire face was bright red.

Pinkie’s eyes drifted to something a little lower, and on impulse she leaned forward and kissed her. It was amazing. Pinkie’s heart beat faster than ever before, as if it was running a marathon, and she found her mind to be a complete blank. That had never happened before, and it was the best feeling in the world.

Pinkie had never been more glad for her persistence.

PreviousChapters Next