• Published 24th Aug 2013
  • 3,528 Views, 187 Comments

The Twinkie Group Collab! - Drizzle Quill



A collection of short prompts all featuring Pinkie X Twilight, totally not stolen from the FlutterDash and Rarjiack groups, who totally didn't steal it from the AppleDash group or anything...

  • ...
9
 187
 3,528

PreviousChapters Next
Longevity - Starswirls Beard

Prompt: Longevity


A group of foals shuffled excitedly as they waited for the librarian. Weekly story time at the Golden Oaks Library had become something many of them anticipated. Treasures such as Daring Do were discovered and embraced. The group quieted down as the librarian approached, pulling a pillow with magic and getting comfortable. A cup of tea from Chineigh floated over in the shimmering aura.

“Today we’ll be hearing a story of two Ponyville heroes, Princess Twilight Sparkle and Pinkie Pie, the elements of Laughter and Magic.” The librarian paused for cheering. Taking a sip of tea for throat clearing, story time began.

Once upon a time there was a group of six friends. They held what are known as the Elements of Harmony and in their time they defeated many monsters to defend the land of Equestria. One of them, Twilight Sparkle, was the element of Magic. She could do many things, as she was also a scientist and scholar, but she was amazing with magic. Even though she was a powerful mage, the thing that she was first and foremost was a friend.

Pinkie Pie was more than a pony. She could be described as a force of nature. She could sing, dance, bake, build, create...she was amazing. She always had a song on her lips and joy in her heart, and would throw a party for anypony. When she and Twilight met, she knew that her life would be changed forever, but that never stopped her from making a new friend.

Things were great for the two ponies. Twilight learned to conquer more complicated magic and learn new things, and Pinkie Pie continued to spread joy by mastering baking. Then one day, things changed. Pinkie invited Twilight on a picnic and revealed a secret. That she was in love with her friend, and had hoped for a long time that they could be together. Sadly, Twilight didn’t feel the same way. She hadn’t ever thought about it before she said, and didn’t know how to handle it. Pinkie was upset, but she didn’t give up. She pushed aside her feelings and comforted her friend, and resolved to try again.

And that’s just what she did. She brought Twilight flowers and wrote her songs, and even took her flying on a machine she’d made herself. When the unicorn stayed up studying she brought snacks and even helped her find books. One night in winter while she was up late Pinkie had come by with her favorite muffins and a mug of hot cocoa. When she opened the door and saw a shivering earth pony, she knew she was loved, and said yes. She agreed to be with Pinkie, and the other mare was thrilled.

The pink pony was pleased that she didn’t give up, and that things worked out for the best. But then, things changed again. Her precious special somepony became a princess! Luckily for the two, there were already two princesses living in Canterlot, so Princess Twilight Sparkle was able to stay in Ponyville with her love.

In their time together many things happened. They raised two foals, given to them by the sun princess. They owned a bakery, run by Pinkie Pie with lots of parties thrown there. They even found a way to make the flying machines available for everypony. They spread joy wherever they went, and their lives were Laughter and Magic.

As a princess, Twilight began to realize that she was now able to live many lives of ponies, just like her mentors. While she looked the same, Pinkie and her foals continued to age. As an elderly mare she was still energetic, and still baked every day. Then came a day where Pinkie could bake no more. Twilight still loved her very much, and so made her a promise. That she would always love and cherish her, and that when her time as a Princess ended she would join her in Elysium where they could be together forever and laugh and play. Pinkie told her that she would wait for her faithfully, and with that promise, she closed her eyes forever.

Even though Twilight was sad, she was still happy. Pinkie Pie would wait for her and then they would be together, and she also vowed to make sure the world would know of the love and laughter her mare brought.

“It is said that Pinkie Pie waits for her still, and that as long as this story is told the Princess fulfills her promise anew.”

“Mister Igneous Armor, how’d’ya hear of this story? Is it in a book?” asked a cream colored colt in the middle of the group.

“That’s because these two are my great-great-great grandparents.”

PreviousChapters Next