• Published 2nd Aug 2013
  • 2,904 Views, 68 Comments

Ponykarts: The Grand Canterlot Race - LikeaBaws



When 15 racers compete for 1 million bits, they go through a parody of Mario Karts and a whole bunch of levels, but only one racer will win. They shall go through dangerous worlds, even the human world, but who will come in first place?

  • ...
5
 68
 2,904

Rainbow's Reversed Road

"Yeah!! Huh?" Scootaloo said as she turned to see Spike and Applebloom. They drive as fast as they can to catch up to her, but they all ran to the Item Box. Scootaloo earned the banana, Spike earned the red turtle, and Applebloom earned the three red mushrooms. "'Ello, Gov'na!! Care for a wager?" Spike joked, showing a red turtle.

He threw it, hitting Scootaloo and forcing her to almost fall into the endless pink portal of whatever. She got her wheel back in track, and she sighed in relief. "Leave me alone!!" Scoot yelled with anger.

Meanwhile, Pinkie was having a hard time not trying to fall over to the abyss. She tries her hardest, but not log after A.J. came in. "Howdy, Pinkie!" Applejack said with a wave.

"Hi!" Pinkie replied. They rammed into the item box , both somehow ending up with bob-ombs. They looked back to see Luna and Big Mac glaring at each other. Pinkie and Applejack smiled and rolled the bombs to them, both exploding and them falling over. "Yeah!!" They said as they brohoof each other.

It didn't last long when Fluttershy came up in full speed, her colors changing and her eyes changing from the Star. She sped off, rudely bumping into 7th to 1st in an instant. "OhmygoshthisissoexcitingthisstarfeelsconvientlikecakeIlikecakejustsomuchyay!!" Fluttershy said in her hyper star mode.

As she came up in 1st place, Spike was forced to put his gear in reverse and grab Applebloom by the hoof, making Scootaloo fall by a rampaging drugged tree. Her star power stopped and she saw Spike and Applebloom barely behind her. But the staring contest didn't last long as they went into a cannon. Being blasted hard into the next arena. But barely behind was the lovable Pinkie Pie. Her party cannon filled wit confetti and killer red turtles. "See you guys later!!" She yelled with a smile.

Her turtles blew right out of her cannon, and tracking out anypony 8th and above. Twilight, barely seeing the red turtle, was blasted by Gilda. She gotten a boost by the dumb griffon and the red turtle instead seek for Gilda. She was hit hard and fell off the road. Another turtle came in for Luna and Big Mac, both unwilling to give up. "You should give up." Luna urged.

"Nope!" Big Mac said with a smirk. The turtle was barely behind, creeping up like a shadow. They both looked back to see the turtle. "Farewell, Big Mac!" She said. She sped up her kart, hoping it turned for Big Mac, but it did not. It followed her with great speed, and Big Mac could not help but laugh. She was hit, doing a front flip, and sliding into the barrel, shot out of the cannon. He followed and as shot up with a beautiful sound as Pinkie came up. "Tia! Now!" She yelled.

Celestia, just behind, used a Bullet Bill, and Pinkie was lucky enough to catch a ride. Trixie, who was in fact 10th place, saw this and used a Mega Mushroom. She caught up with the two. And both was shot out of the cannon. Fluttershy, in 11th and Sweetie Belle in 12th, caught up. They both smiled and giggled as they had a plan up their coats. When they hit the cannon however...

(Stop the Music!)

They all made it to the rest stop. All humans cheering for the out of nowhere karts. They all pulled up into their positions, and guess who came to ruin the fun? "Hello, every pony!" Discord said about.

"Discord?! What are you--?!"

"Ah ah ah, my little rainbow haired pony, our host decided to make a few changes." Discord interrupted Rainbow.

"Changes?" Applejack asked.

"What sort of changes?" Scoot came in.

"Well, for the person who was middle most of the time was Pinkie, Sweetie Belle, Luna, and Big Mac. The four of you, come here upfront." He ordered. The four did as followed, and Discord had a smile.

"Now, for your reward for being an average driver, pick a pony who is forced to change karts!" He said.

They all was shocked, yet the four had smiles. They all shook their heads, yet Sweetie Belle was the first to speak. "Well..." She said with a hint of cruelty. "If I had to chose, it would be...Rainbow Dash!!"

"No!!" Rainbow said with sadness, but it was to late. Her kart she built all on her own was rearrange to a brand new hot rod. Instead of breaking into tears, she was shocked to see a perfectly good looking kart.

The four who were chosen were shocked themselves, but Discord was unamused. "Yes yes, a new kart, so what? My favorite part? Your kart is not Automatic. It's now Manual, and if you want to steer, you have to push yourself to the limit." Discord said with a smile.

Rainbow only scoffed and said, "Yeah yeah. I can handle it. Sheesh." However, when she tried to put it into position, the car moved to fast as her acceleration has increased by a little, making her crash into the side of wall. "Uh...it may be getting used to." She said with a sheepish smile.

They all went back to frowning as the four put back on their smiles. "Twilight Sparkle, seems your to good with your kart. It may need some rearranging." Luna said with a smirk. Her kart was changed before Twilight can protest, seeing a brand new, but extremely basic, hot rod.

"Aww." She said sadly. Big Mac didn't even need to say anything. Discord knew what he wanted to change. "I like your sense of style." Discord approved, making. Big Mac smile a bit.

Luna's kart was changed, and she didn't seem to like it's style. She was sadden upon to see her kart change.

Luna growled at Big. Mac for his choice as she whispered, "Thou going to pay for thy did, servant!" She marched angrily back to her kart and both Discord and Big Mac chuckled. "U-um...c-can I have mine change too?" He heard a whisper.

Discord looked to see Fluttershy with a cute squee as he couldn't help but facepalm. "Your lose." He said. He snapped his fingers as her kart was change to a more sturdy kart.

"Your Speed, Acceleration, Traction, and Handling has decreased by one point. However, the readers here, get to choose who to modify and what kart." He added.

"Readers?" Rainbow asked.

"Yeah! The readers? The reason why the race is still going?" Pinkie chimed in to a confused pony.

"Anyway, get ready girls, your going to the mall. The Coconut Mall, that is!" He said with a smile. "I'm so gonna by all the shoes there! They got sneakers!

Derpy came in with a stern face and they all got into positions. "Fuel up your kart and fix the damage. Were in the human world!" She said.

"Roger that!" They all said, other than Discord.

Let's see those results!!

1st Applebloom
2nd Spike
3rd Scootaloo
4th Twilight
5th Pinkie
6th Big Mac
7th Luna
8th Rairty
9th Trixie
10th Applejack
11th Sweetie Belle
12th Fluttershy
13th Celestia
14th Gilda
15th Rainbow Dash

Get ready to shop, 'cause were going to the Coconut Mall!!

Author's Note:

Sorry this race was so short, I'm busy with other stuff. But yeah! Hope you liked this chapter! And holy crap! I thank you guys so much for supporting this story! Without you guys, this story would've been cancelled. But I thank you all for sticking with me, and I hope to see you later!