• Published 14th Jul 2013
  • 1,059 Views, 35 Comments

Magically Saturated - r4rBrok



Dropped into an unknown world, James Taylor must learn to fit in and deal with the dangers of this land.

  • ...
10
 35
 1,059

XVII

"This is too much."

"Excuse me?"

"First off, what the hell are you thinking."

"I am thinking that you would be a great asset to divulge these mysteries."

"And I think you are an idiot and put far too much trust into others."

Celestia stood facing me shocked. Hell I was shocked too, I just called one of the most powerful beings on the planet an idiot.

"What makes you say that?"

"How about the fact that you handed a guy who could be trying to kill you a loaded gun and asked him to tell you how it worked!"

"A gun?"

"Very powerful weapon from home. Do you have crossbows here?"

"Yes."

"Think that but it sends the bolt about three times as fast. And the bolt is as large as a peanut."

"Ah. Well your analogy does make sense, but the reason why I am giving this to you is because I trust you."

"Why in the world would you trust me?"

"I have been around for millennia. That makes you a very good judge of character."

"What about your sister?"

"Don't. Please."

"You trusted her and she turned into Nightmare Moon. Don't you think that you may not be the best judge of character?"

"And you think I do not remind myself of that every day? I let her down."

"And now you want to put the most powerful artifacts in the world into my possession? That's mad, and you know it."

"I want to gain an understanding of these forces. You are the best anchor I can see."

"Do you still not believe just how crazy this is? Fine." I walked over to one of the pedestals that held ribbons of a indigo metal. The metal continuously gave of wisps of a faint smoke. "What is this one?"

"The armour of Nightmare Moon."

"I assume that this probably made it very difficult to hurt her, magically or otherwise." A nod in response. "Imagine me being outfitted with such a thing. Not only massively destructive magics, but nigh invulnerability to boot. And this one?" I said while walking towards a slightly curved and red spike.

"The horn of Sombra."

"Ah, a massive power booster I would assume. This would likely make my powers something near unmatchable just by holding it, let alone if I found out its greater secrets. With just two of these things, the armour," I said pointing to the shreds, "and the horn," while slapping my hand on the case I could..."

I found myself in an endless while void. The only things in the void were a chess table and two figures of smoke sitting on either side of it. One was mostly shapeless, indigo coloured and had some motes of light floating through it to five it the appearance of the night sky. The other was a pure black but had a fully formed head that looked a lot like a pony. I could hear them talking, but I could not tell what they were saying.

I only had to approach them slightly before I got their attention. The indigo one spoke with a velvety feminine voice towards me. "It appears as though we have a visitor after all this time."

The black form condensed into a full pony in response to that. His coat was a dark grey with a grey crystal cutie mark. His eyes were a combination of red irises and the whites were colored green. He responded with a heavy and firm voice, like stern teacher or father. "If you recall this is my mindscape."

"Your point?" She replied.

"He is my visitor."

"And?"

"Begone, I wish to talk alone."

"What if I want to talk to him? Are you going to send me away after all this time."

"Yes."

"You dare-"

"Begone!" With a wave of his hoof the indigo being dispersed into a thin smoke before disappearing all together. With another wave of his hoof a large chair appeared on the other side of the table where the other was momentarily ago. "Please forgive my... compatriot. Why don't you take a seat."

I wearily took a seat in the new chair. It was soft and almost went to the point that I barely noticed it. "Excuse me, but what happened?"

"Oh, I just disconnected ourselves from her. With no connection she reverted back to her own place."

"While that is helpful, I was wondering a bit more about where we are."

He looked at me with the same level look, but stalled a bit before responding. "Tell me, do you know who I am?"

"Um..."

"Nothing, child?"

"Not particularly, no"

That made him smile. It was a smile of unbelievability and mirth. The kind that an older sibling might give you when they realized you forgot something crucial. "I am the once king Sombra."

Now I wanted to keep looking at him with well reserved reactions. But, instead I leapt backwards falling out of my chair. Sombra absolutely guffawed at my reaction almost falling out of the chair himself. He composed himself quickly, however, and when I looked at him the chair in front of me was standing back upright. "It's alright, you can take a seat, I won't hurt you."

I did not want to sit back down in front of him. While I did not know a lot about Sombra, I knew that he was major bad news. "Why should I trust you on that? You are supposed to be dead at this point."

"Not dead, merely... indisposed. And besides, you are the first being I have talked to in millennia besides the Nightmare. It would hardly be befitting of me to refuse hospitality even if I were capable of harming you in this situation."

"Really? I find that hard to believe."

"Regardless, I have spoken the truth in this matter."

I slid the chair back a bit further than it was before sitting in it. If things did get hairy I would want that split second of reaction time. "I noticed you only called yourself once being a king."

"Indeed. I currently hold no stakes in any sort of land, it would be false to call myself a lord, let alone a king. I guess I could call myself a prince, but that just makes me think of a whiney blond twat."

"Blueblood?"

"Who?"

"Never mind."

"It's fine. Though I have a question for you."

"Yes?"

"Who are you?"

"Oh, James Taylor."

"While that is probably correct, that is not what I asked you."

"I'm sorry?"

"Names are relatively meaningless without any past knowledge of a person. You could have said 'Fibbity Wibbity' for all the relevance it has. So I ask you again, who are you?"

It took me a moment to think about what he was referring to. "A victim of Decay."

"I gathered that, though your use of the term victim gives me the interpretation that you too do not like your situation. But, one last time. Who. Are. You?"

"I am the Magic Eater."

"Ahh... so that is it." He said sliding back into his chair. I could have sworn he would be stroking a cat if he could. "I feel like we are quite lucky to have met each other."

"Why do you say that?"

"For what is to come."

"What is coming?"

"Darkness. Deep, all consuming darkness."

"Dramatic much?" I said chuckling.

What? He laughed at me earlier.

"This is no laughing matter. You will need help if we are to survive. And to do that we will need time. I may be locked here, but that needs to change."

"You just want to escape!" I yelled standing up.

"You do not understand!" He called out in a far more booming voice. His hooves slammed on the table in front of him. "There are reasons that I took up shop in the crystal empire! If you want my help you would be wise to take it. But, even then heed my warning. This great darkness will consume everything. If there is not cooperation between us all." He waved his hoof and said, "Begone." and I found myself back inside the Vault.

Author's Note:

Hey there. Sorry for the month, but I started writing this chapter and hated it so I had to throw it out. I didn't want to do it, but it would have been worse if I didn't.

Oh and PLOT! Only took me 17 chapters. I hope that you don't think that this was too much of a letdown.

And as always, please comment.

Comments ( 2 )
Login or register to comment