• Published 14th Jul 2013
  • 1,059 Views, 35 Comments

Magically Saturated - r4rBrok



Dropped into an unknown world, James Taylor must learn to fit in and deal with the dangers of this land.

  • ...
10
 35
 1,059

VIII

So Blueblood, thankfully I was able to get some information about him. Unfortunately it wasn't very good. At the very least though the information was consistent.

Apparently he is a self-centered, ignorant noble who goes around calling himself Prince. However, despite all of his terrible publicity he remains a major player in politics, more than likely due to his families tremendous wealth.

Regardless the Princesses trust him enough to be sent as an envoy, but it is also as possible that he is untrustworthy enough to be sent as a envoy to Ponyville.

I almost immediately checked out of the hospital after receiving the letter. The nurses and doctors argued though but as I put it do you want to put other patients right next to a guy who could blow them up by accident. The correct answer is not very much.

I agreed though that I would make sure to do a check up in a couple of days just to be sure. They and I were also very thankful that the Princess was kind enough to pay for my hospital bill, though I don't think she knew that I had totaled the room.

The trip through the town to my accommodations was a lot more relaxing than I would have thought, and painful. Turns out staying in bed for a couple of days with barely any movement tends to make your legs hurt if you go for a log walk immediately afterwards. But the sky, by gods the sky. It was so incredibly beautiful I could have never believed it. I know that while camping you can see the stars a lot better but nothing ever compares to looking at the sky when there is next to no pollution ever put into it. One of the strangest things was how closely the sky matched with the one from home.

This has made me conclude that I must have been sent to an alternate dimension. I know crazy but hear me out here. From the constellations that I can see from here, such as the big dipper, Orion and his belt, and Draco, I can conclude that I am on the northern hemisphere. However there is no place large enough in the northern hemisphere besides Russia that would be able to hold a self contained society like this. But if the society was in Russia then why is their primary language English? Now how or why I got here is far beyond me.

And shut up I know being crazy is still a very real possibility.

It was only about a half hour of walking out the west of the town that I was able to arrive at Blueblood's get away home. It was a large two storied cottage with a nice overhanging balcony on the second floor. For the impression I got of Blueblood I thought that this place would have a lot more pomp and flair. At this point it felt like a large hunting cottage.

When I entered it felt even stranger. The inside was reminiscent of a bachelor pad. The main room was standard fair with a set of sofas and chairs circled around a large fireplace. There was sport posters of a team known of the wonderbolts posted on one of the walls beside his fireplace with a photo of what looked like a football team sitting on the mantle. Next to the largest of the chairs and the large sofa there was what appeared to be a minifridge.

This can't be the same house of the infamous Blueblood. There must have been some mistake. I looked over the address and direction a second then a third time. Each time puzzled when I found that the answer was the same: this is the correct house.

Maybe this house was his much earlier in life and he hasn't been here in years. In that case why are there no cobwebs or anything around. Well maybe they have a maid that comes by. But why? If they have a maid but don't use the house that they have cleaned what would be the point.

For whatever reason this house had to be here, I wasn't going to complain too much. After all a free bed when I had been unconscious for the largest part of two days was a warm welcome. The thing is I don't feel too good about taking another persons bed if they aren't even home. So whatever I doubt he would have too much of a problem with me taking the sofa.

The sofa and room were fairly warm and I got a good night's sleep.

What not everything I do goes down the shitter the moment that I get involved.

The next morning I awoke without much of a stir. As the warm sun drifted through the window my wake was soft and comfortable of a transition. This world must have some crazy air cause the moment that I got off of the sofa the first thing I wanted to do was go for a long walk. Then again I might just still be used to my camping trip where breakfast and coffee took a half hour to prepare even if you knew where all your supplies were.

The morning air outside was nice and crisp. With a soft scent of dew on the air that helped liven up the morning. As I walked into town all of the villagers were nice and polite bidding me "how you do"s and other niceties. If it weren't for the disconnect of being in a world where multicoloured ponies walked the earth as the primary species I would think this to be a utopia.

That is however, before you take the one exception into account. He was a tan stallion with brown hair and an hourglass for a cutiemark.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. The tattoos on the side of their but are known as cutiemarks and denote a pony's special talent. Now what constitutes a special talent it think they are still fuzzy on.

So I was walking around town enjoying the view when this earth pony makes a b-line straight for me. The moment he gets close to me he shoves me around a corner into an alley. Now it is still very bright in this alley so if he was trying to set a threatening mood he failed on that part. The strangest part is when he started talking to me.

"What are you doing here?" he prosecuted

Me standing there dumbfounded and confused I sputtered out a short, "What?"

"What are you doing in this dimension?"

Now this was confusing, I had never seen this pony before and here he was already with what seemed like irrefutable proof that I was from another dimension. "Wait, what? Who are you?"

"I said what is a human doing in this dimension?"

Wait a sec, he just called me a human. I don't think anyone else in this town knows what a human is let alone can recognize one on sight. "I have no idea, now who by gods are you?"

"The ponies here know me as Time Turner the clocksmith. You may know me already by my former tittle."

"And what would that be, Thor?"

"No, The Doctor."

Processing

Processing

Processing

DING "Wait you're THE Doctor. As in time lord and last child of Gallefrey, that Doctor?"

"Yes now keep your voice down!" he commanded. For those of you who don't know, The Doctor is the main character on the longest running scifi television show, doctor who. He travels around time and space in a blue telephone box saving the universe from aliens. It is a lot better then it sounds.

"Wait how can you be here, you're fictional?" I questioned

"Hmm, you must be from one of those universes." he muttered to himself. "How much do you know of much do you know of multiverse theory."

"Um for every possible action there is a universe in which that option is taken." I answer. After all I know some science.

"Well that's wrong," Well apparently not, "Think of the multiverse as a set of carbon paper. When you write on the top level it transfers carbon down so you can transcribe the information for multiple people. The different levels are slightly different in specifics but all in all they are fairly similar. These individual levels are what are known as microverses. Getting this so far?"

"I think, it would like be in a universe where JFK was killed with a bow and arrow in allowed to being shot. It is different but it is essentially the same."

"Yes, though often even less dramatic then that. Now there are also macroverses, where there was something different written on a different piece of carbon paper. Like the difference between your world and this one. While there are a limited number of microverses, there are many more macro. This being that when a choice in a microverses would make it split off too far from the original, the result becomes it's own separate macroverse."

"Alright Doctor, that is great and all and I really appreciate you teaching me multiverse theory, but you haven't begun to explain why."

"Of course not, I needed to teach you the basics before you understood. You see, going between microverses is a fairly easy task in the grand scheme of things, going between macroverses are not. It is in fact so difficult that I have only done it once successfully, and I have been trapped here aver since. Not that this place is bad or anything. But the question still remains how did you do it?"

"And as I told you before, I have no idea. All I know is at one point I was asleep in a car on my way back from a camping trip then I wake up with a broken leg in the whitetail woods."

"Interesting, you made no attempt to cross dimensions?"

"Nope."

"You have no recollection of the event?"

"Absolutely none."

"In that case, while I don't trust you per-say, I have no reason to further persecute you so. I hope it goes without saying that you tell no one of my past."

"Of course."

"Well then, Mister Taylor, I bid you adieu."

He started walking of the alley with alot more grace then he did when he entered, that is for certain. Now I know what happened to me, but the how and why remain unanswered. Could be worse, he could have ended me like he has others who put those he cares about in danger.

I walked out of the alley a few moments behind Time Turner, with a purpose to get back to the cottage. While being unconscious will make time fly like nothing else, it does continue to make you incredibly hungry. So I started making my way back.

Started and then got interrupted.

Again.

This time it was by a large blonde unicorn with white fur. He stood at eye level, but turned his nose up at me anyway. "Ah, you must be that infernal beast known as James Taylor."

"Excuse me?!" Well that was straight up douchey.

"I do say, let's return to our dwelling before you make a fool of yourself."

Oh no, this must be Blueblood.

Well crap, this is going to suck.

Author's Note:

Well here we go fourth chapter in three days. Hopefully I can keep it up, eh?

And as always please comment.