• Published 14th Jul 2013
  • 1,059 Views, 35 Comments

Magically Saturated - r4rBrok



Dropped into an unknown world, James Taylor must learn to fit in and deal with the dangers of this land.

  • ...
10
 35
 1,059

X

"You want to do WHAT?!" Doctor Stable yelled.

While we were going directly to Blueblood's isolated location, we quickly decided to go to the hospital to get that spell the Doc used on me. Needless to say he wasn't very happy about it.

"Come on Doc if we plan on recreating the incident we need to have that spell." I reasoned.

"No, you don't understand. Not only that it is a stupid idea to recreate that blast, but to use a diagnosis spell to do it. You would have no idea how to interpret the results."

"Sir, I have no intention of lowering myself to doing something as mundane as medicine. I am merely doing this to stop the infernal howling of this creature." Ah Blueblood, so lucky that I actually know what is going on with him or I would totally punch him in the face.

"Nope not going to happen. I will not condone the active attempts to recreate a dangerous magical mishap." Wow he was really steadfast on this.

"Mister Stable, while your attempts to retain your credibility are in fact admirable, if you continue to block our attempts at our course of action I will have no choice but to relinquish your medical license." Wow Blue, you really do like pulling your weight when you can don't you.

"You can't do that, nor would you."

"Mister Stable, there are many public hospitals funded by the Blueblood Foundation. And I doubt that the medical board would like to lose any of them over one doctor. So I shall ask you again, allow us to use the diagnostic spell."

Doctor Stable stood there silenced by what Blueblood had said. And I'll be honest, I have no idea if Blue would actually do it or not. The cold calculating finality of his voice made me question what was the facade, the dick Blueblood or the friendly one. "Fine, on one condition." Stable said

"What would that be?" Blueblood asked with a hint of disdain for Stable even disputing his descision.

"You let me come with you while you practice. I have seen the destruction that this darkfire can cause and I don't intend on allowing anypony to get hurt during it."

"No." Blueblood said.
"Fine" I said.

Blueblood glared at me when we both said the opposite thing at the same time. "Listen I was his patient and he has first hand accounts of all the incidents so far. If any other happen I would feel it to be a great boon to have him there."

"And I said no. Besides Mister Stable, what kind of doctor puts one patient over another?"

"All doctors put some patients over others, we need to in order to save lives. And besides we aren't talking about just a patient here, we are talking about my friend." Did he just seriously say that? Like really that actually got said?

"Fine, you can join us." Blueblood said before leaving the hospital.

"I'll just let you finish things up here while I wait outside." I commented before inching my way out.

"Alright, just don't do anything stupid." Stable replied before walking farther into the hospital to finish things up.

I walked outside too see Blueblood standing there by himself. I quickly checked to see if there was anyone nearby and I found there was none. "So what was that ab-" he began saying before I punched in the face. "What in tartarus?!"

I walked right up to him while he was standing up and hovered over him. Now while standing he comes up to eye level, he was still lower down and that gave me so much intimidation power. "You do NOT pull something like that again, EVER!"

He stayed there in a mix between mortified and insulted. "Look I got him to okay our exercise, I don't see what the problem is."

"The problem is you not only threatened his job after a moments notice, but you also threatened to shut down multiple hospitals. You know how that would have played out?"

"Of course, that's why I did it, I knew he would back down."

"After what evidence, huh? As far as you knew he could have called your bluff and forced you to follow through with it to maintain your status. Now if you ever pull something like that again I will castrate you in public, do you understand?"

He stared at my face for a couple of minutes, probably trying to read me. "I never knew you could be so violent." he said with an edge on his voice.

"There is alot you do not know about me, we only met earlier today."

As far as one of us might have wanted this conversation to go, we got interrupted when Stable walked by us with saddlebags on and adjusting his glasses. "So where is this experiment of yours taking place, the Badlands?" Ah how I missed his sarcasm.

"No the diamond dog crags." Blueblood replied. This obviously threw the Doc for a loop as he seemed to recoil from this statement. "Don't worry to much, the diamond dogs have taken to avoiding ponies ever since the elements intervened."

"Excuse me, diamond dogs, elements, what are you guys going on about."

"I'll tell you, but lets walk while we do, its an hour away. The diamond dogs are a race of scavengers and miners." Blueblood said, "They have an insatiable hunger for gems off all kinds, even going as kidnapping ponies to do it.

"Which brings us to the elements, or the Elements of Harmony. They are Equestia's equivalent to a special ops team from the likes of the Griffon Empire and Zebricana. They are what the princesses send in when they need to take down the really big problems."

"Really big problems? Care to specify?" I asked.

"Gods." Doc replied.

"What, you have a spec ops team for taking down gods?"

"Not precisely," Blueblood interjected, "The elements aren't as much a team of highly trained specialists as they are the only ponies that can wield our most powerful artifacts. That is what the team is named after. Those elements have some of the most mysterious magical properties we know of."

"How so?"

"Well the elements seem like a wild card when it comes to what they actually accomplish." Blueblood answered, "Their first recorded use was against the spirit of disharmony, Discord, and it turned him to stone. The second was against the possessed princess Luna, Nightmare Moon, and she was sealed in the moon for a thousand years. When that time ended the elements were used on her again but this time purified her. We never know what happens when the elements are used but one thing is for certain, they stop the problem."

"So I know what the elements are, but how do they relate to the diamond dogs?"

"Wow he is clueless about Equestria, isn't he?" The Doc asked Blue.

"Yes he is. Well about a year and a half ago one of the elements got kidnapped by a group of them and got driven crazy by her, and I quote "the pony that makes the awful noises." Since then the pack that lives in that area does all it can to avoid other ponies."

"How did she do it, a banshee scream?"

"She whined."

"Seriously? All it took for a group of slavers was to whine? I wish issues were that easy to fix on our world."

"Indeed, the ease of that particular situation was admirable. If only life itself was that simple. But, alas." Blueblood finished. "Well we are here."

"Alright that means it is time to give this darkfire thing a shot." I said with resignation.

"Darkfire? Seriously?" Really Doc? That was what you have a problem with?

"Regardless it is time to give this a shot for better or for worse."

"But Darkfire, couldn't have come up with anything better?"

"Shut it."

Author's Note:

Sorry about the lack of chapter yesterday, needed to work and couldn't write. And yes I know that darkfire is a stupid name, but put yourself in their shoes. After all if you can come up with something better by all means let me know.

And as always, please comment. The influx does help with my future chapters.