• Published 14th Jul 2013
  • 1,059 Views, 35 Comments

Magically Saturated - r4rBrok



Dropped into an unknown world, James Taylor must learn to fit in and deal with the dangers of this land.

  • ...
10
 35
 1,059

XIII

Chapter 13

"Spike! Time to get up!" Twilight yelled up to her assistant in the late morning.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm up." He said as he walked down the stairs. "What time is it?"

"About noon, sleepyhead."

"You let me sleep in for that long? What's the occasion?"

"Figured you would want the sleep when you came back from the hospital. By the way what happened over there, you were kind of out of it."

"Oh nothing much. When I got there his room was totaled-"

"What!?"

"Everyone was fine, just a mishap. Though he did act strange when he found out I was a dragon."

"How so?"

"He kind of bowed before me and treated me like a princess."

"Spike, be careful, we don't want another birthday incident."

"I know Twi, but it was still kind of nice."

"What happened next?"

"Well he opened his letter and asked about Blueblood. Apparently he is going to be living at his house for a while."

"Wait he is going to Canterlot?"

"I don't think so."

"Why Spike?"

"I don't know, but he seemed like he was just going for a stroll around town, not going for a trip to Canterlot."

"But you aren't sure?"

"Twilight, seriously? Are you so untrusting of the guy that you think he is going to lie where he is going to live, even when he has next to no knowledge of Equestria?"

"Maybe, but nopony knows who or what he is. And we have even less of an idea of what he wants."

"Is happiness out of the question?" Spike asked deadpanned.

"Ha ha, Spike." Twilight sighed and went into the kitchen. "Let's get you something to eat before you get too hungry."

"Thanks Twi."


Twilight started lunch for the two of them almost immediately after. The conversation was light between the two of them. For a while the day was calm inside the library. It was shortly after the meal while they were cleaning up that Blueblood crashed through the door.

"What in Tartarus is going on here?!" Twilight shouted.

Blueblood came screaming across the room over to Twilight before grabbing her shoulders and telling her, "I need to write a letter to Celestia."

"What?"

Blueblood pillaged drawers and desks for supplies. "I just found out that Discord told James that he was brought here to be an agent of Decay. Where is a stupid quill around here?"

"Decay? That is just an old myth. There is no way that is true."

"Aha, there we are," as Blueblood pulled a quill and ink pot off of a stand. "Regardless of it being true or not it does explain a lot." He ran over to the other side of the room and whipped a piece of paper off of another desk. "Personally I am more afraid of what will happen if he begins to act on that information." He began furiously writing on the piece of paper he had.

"Oh it can't possibly be as bad as you think it is." Spike interjected. "There is no way that he would want to harm anypony on purpose."

"Discord, the Nightmare, Sombra, Chrysalis, all servants of Decay from what I heard. If he is close to strength to anyone of those he will be a force to be reckoned with." Blueblood argued. He sprinted over to Spike and shoved the letter in his face. "Send this, now."

"Why should I?" Spike said hostilely.

"Spike, listen to Blueblood." Twilight said calmly.

"Really? You want me to send you a letter now?"

"Correct."

"Fine, under one condition. You apologize to Rarity."

"Who?"

"The purple maned unicorn at the gala from a couple years back."

"And why would I?"

"Because you want to send this letter, and I won't until you agree to apologize."

"Spike!"

"I don't think James is a threat, but you do and you need to let Celestia know. And I will not send this letter until you agree to my terms."

"Fine, fine, just send the bloody letter." At that moment Spike blew his flames and sent the letter to Celestia.

"Done."

"So how long do you think it will take for a reply?" Blueblood asked.

"Typically takes a few minutes." Twilight responded.

"So when are you apologizing to Rarity?" Spike said with a smirk.

"Soon...?" Blueblood trailed off in response.

"Spike seriously, not even going to wait a moment?"

"Well I don't see what the big deal is."

BRUUP!

A scroll dropped out of the air onto the ground. Before anyone else could grab it Blueblood had already opened it and was reading.

"So what does it say?" Twilight wondered.

Blueblood's face dropped as he hovered the letter over to Twilight. "It's for you."

Dear Princess Twilight,

In response to this new information that Blueblood has no doubt transposed to you, I request that you attempt to bring James Taylor to Canterlot so I can speak with him. I leave the specifics up to you as Princess. I do however hope that you bring him with all due haste. Further more please bring Prince Blueblood with you on your return to Canterlot.

Princess Celestia,

"Blueblood, where was he?" Twilight asked when she finished reading the letter.

"He was by the diamond dog crags, when I left at least."

"Alright, I want you to stay here with Spike until I return."

"Why on Equis?" Blueblood responded.

"Because when I get back we are going directly to Canterlot. All of us." Twilight said before heading out the door and flying off.

It was a stressful hour that the dragon and unicorn were waiting. Spike could not stop pacing about what was going to happen. He had never liked it when something went on that he couldn't help with, but even worse when he was a burden. Blueblood on the other hand was sitting on a couch looking down. He was not sure of what he started and was afraid that he would end up paying the price. But it was his job to keep an eye on James and to report back to Celestia and this was what he was supposed to do.

After that time Twilight came back through the door carrying a limp body of James over her back. "Alright everypony grab your stuff, we are heading out."

Spike ran over to Twilight and looked at James, "By Faust, is he dead?"

"Spike language! And no he is just knocked out. Though I do need to keep casting a sleeping spell to make sure he stays that way."

Spike looked down at Twilight's side and saw a large bruise on one side and lots of scratches on the other. "Twilight! Are you okay? What happened?"

Twilight's horn lit up as it pushed Spike back a little while she responded. "I'll be fine just some scratches. Now hurry up we need to get a move on."

"Princess, with all due respect, would it not be wiser to stay and rest, leaving him with me then it would be to over exert yourself bringing him to Canterlot?" Blueblood said as Twilight made her way to the door with James in tow.

"Can you cast a sleeping spell on him to make sure that the train doesn't explode when he wakes up?"

"No?"

"Then let's go."

"What about me, Twi?"

"You are coming too Spike."

The three of them made their way to the train station for Ponyville with little opposition. There was however a tan stallion with an hourglass cutiemark that shook his head in disappointment when they passed. When they got to the train station they did have a bit of a glitch in their plan.

"I am not allowing you on to this train with an unconscious beast on your back. No way, no how." The conductor argued when the three approached.

"Sir, please, do you even know who we are?" Blueblood commented pointing his hoof between him and Twilight.

"Don't know, don't care. If you have business in Canterlot and you want to bring this bloke along, you will need a royal order."

"Um...?" Blueblood wondered while looking at Twilight. "Sir, do you have any visual impairments per chance?"

"Nope, perfect vision. I get it checked every year too."

"That would be my fault," Twilight whispered to Blueblood, "I have an enchantment that prevents people from noticing my wings if they have not been made aware that I ascended."

"Why would you do that?" Blueblood asked in a matching volume.

"I don't want to be worshiped at my every step, and this allows for those who do know not to think I am hiding anything."

"That is... Actually a good idea, but do you mind dropping it for a while?"

"It would take me far to long to reactivate the spell afterwards."

Spike sighed while rubbing the bridge of his nose and said, "Fine, I'll take care of this." He then stepped forward towards the conductor. "Good afternoon, sir. I believe we may have a bit of a misunderstanding."

"Oh really?"

"Oh yes. You see I am Spike the dragon, godson of Princess Celestia and personal assistant for the newest ascending Princess."

"So?"

"Wow, he's dense." Blueblood whispered to Twilight.

"I'm more questioning how Spike learnt to talk like this." Twilight responded.

Spike was completely ignoring them and continued talking to the conductor. "Well you see, I doubt that either of them would take very kindly to me being delayed in my attempt to bring this being to Canterlot by their request."

"Um..."

"So if you don't want to explain to two princesses why they had to wait, I suggest you let us pass." Spike beckoned the ponies behind him to follow. With a bit of apprehension they followed and the conductor let them past, though he definitely showed regret on his part.

After they arrived at the station platform and boarded the train for Canterlot, they sat down and started to relax.

"See, wasn't that hard." Spike said after reclining on a bench. "And you guys thought that he wouldn't let us by."

"Well, we still had several options if he continued to disagree with letting us by." Blueblood retorted, standing closer to a window. The train had yet to leave the station so needing to be safely secured was less vital.

"Blueblood, how can you say that? He was just doing his job." Twilight chastised. Twilight was sitting on a pair of conjoined benches with James slumped beside her.

"Doing your job still doesn't condone ignorance."

"Speaking of which, how did you learn to talk like that? I doubt Celestia would have taught you that." Twilight directed towards Spike.

"From Blueblood a few years ago." Spike said nonchalantly.

"What?!" Twilight exclaimed. Blueblood began to fidget and become anxious at this line of questioning.

"You didn't think that I spent all my time with you, Shining, and Celestia, did you?"

Blueblood began to blush furiously as Twilight began to glare at him. He began to slink away before Twilight grabbed him in a telekinetic field. "What did you teach Spike?"

"ALL ABOARD!" the conductor cried, interrupting the interrogation.

"Ughh..." James mumbled and began to wake. The trio leaped back in shock and Twilight's horn began to light up with a spell.

"What are you doing?!" Spike objected while jumping in front of James.

"Putting a sleep spell on him again. There is no way that I am letting him loose in this car!"

"I would have to agree with Miss Sparkle-"

"Thank you."

"-here. But is there not another spell you could use."

"Yeah this must be doing something to him if you keep putting the same spell on him."

James groaned again and appeared to be almost awake, but he rolled over and appeared to be going back to sleep.

"Um... Twi?"

"Not me."

"Blueblood?"

"Not at all."

"So no need for the spell then?"

"I guess so." Twilight finished.

"I'm going to need you guys to leave the car though." Spike commanded.

"WHAT?" Twilight and Blueblood questioned in unison.

Spike began by shaking his claws in front of himself in defense before completing. "Listen, if he wakes up with either of you in the room he will most likely freek out and attack. If I am in the room, maybe I can calm him down and we can avoid this train exploding."

"Since when did you become such a diplomat?" Twilight asked.

"Around the time that I needed to keep track of the CMC, or when you flipped out about that letter. Don't know honestly, but the fact remains that you guys need to get out of this car."

Twilight leaned over to Spike and gave him a hug. "Alright I trust your judgement, but don't be afraid to call out if you need any help." Twilight released the hug slowly before turning to Blueblood and saying, "Come on, let's get out of here."

"Be careful." Blue said before following Twilight out of the car.

Left to his own devices Spike began by adjusting James into a more comfortable position. He was quite heavy in compared to Spike, but he had lifted heavier. James was moved from being slumped over the bench to lying down it with his feet off the end.

It was about an hour later that James awoke on the train.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the wait, new school simester just started and I am still getting used to it a bit.

If you see any discrepancies please make sure to tell, I noticed a couple while writing and want to make sure I don't mess up.

And last but not least enjoy and as always please comment.