• Published 14th Jul 2013
  • 1,059 Views, 35 Comments

Magically Saturated - r4rBrok



Dropped into an unknown world, James Taylor must learn to fit in and deal with the dangers of this land.

  • ...
10
 35
 1,059

XII

"How much do you know?" Blue asked me.

"I know why I am here. I know why Celestia knew where I was. I told you, I got told everything."

"And why are you here?" Doc asked.

"Long story short, to be a servant of darkness." if he was drinking anything at that point he would have done a perfect spit take. "No I am not joking."

"That's insane! Why on Equis would you be a servant of darkness?"

"No idea, but hence here I am."

"I want you to tell us EVERYTHING you learnt. And leave nothing out." Blue commanded.

I did as he said and repeated everything that Discord had told me. I did leave out the fact that he was Q out of respect though. If the way that Blue reacted to Discord earlier I doubt that they would react very well if I told them what Q did before he got sent here. Their faces were both stone cold as I relayed the information. For a moment I thought that they would both try to kill me the moment that I stopped talking.

When I was finished I waited for them to say something. It was a deafening few moments. I knew that I'd they wanted to they could have ended me right there and I couldn't have even hoped to stop them. But it was the Doc that was the first one to speak up.

"So are we going to finish teaching you how to control yourself or what?" He said with a smirk on his face. We both stared at him dumbfounded. Personally if I just learned that someone who looked totally unlike anything I had ever seen before was brought to my world to bring chaos and death the last thing I would have done is help him do it better.

"Are you mad!" Screamed Blue. "After what he just told us we should turn him over to Celestia and be done with it!" seriously Blue? That seemed a little harsh, not that I blame him.

"Look at Discord, even though he was the biggest threat that Equestria had ever seen he has still reformed." Wait so the biggest threat to their safety just told me that I was chosen to bring despair to those around me and he is reformed? I would have hated to see him in his heyday. "The way I figure is we have a much better shot at making him good if we start now."

"Um you guys know that I can hear you right?"

"Yes." they both responded.

"If you want to give him the tools to bring Equestria to it's knees be my guest. I'm going back to my place. And you are free to come when you are done. You are still considered my responsibility after all." Blue said before stomping off.

We waited until he was out of sight before turning to each other. "He'll be fine right?" I asked.

"Probably just needs to blow off some steam."

"I hope so. So what now, I don't think we want to try to initiate another one of those darkfire blasts again." He stated chuckling at that again. "And shut it."

"Well Discord called you the magic eater right?" I nodded. "If that is the case then you would more than likely need a way to find large concentrations of magic right?"

"Sorry, why?"

"A bat needs echolocation of find insects. Moss grows to get into the sun. Hawks travel to find more mice to eat. If magic is your prey then you would have been given some way to find it."

"Alright that makes sense. So what of it?"

"Well there must be a way to awaken it. And if we do then it is likely you will gain more control over your powers."

"What do you suggest?"

"Meditation. It opens your perception to other senses besides sight."

"Have done meditation before Doc?"

"Once or twice, real trippy feeling."

"Alright this is as good as any idea."

I sat on the ground and crossed my legs like they show in most movies and closed my eyes. I sat there for a couple minutes without any real effect before the Doc chimed in. "Try focusing on a mental picture, I found that helps."

Mental picture, alright. I thought about sitting in the ocean up to my shoulders. The waves pushing in and out. The current making me sway. The peace and tranquility that came with it. Time had no relevance. And that it when it started.

I started to see an outline to some objects nearby. I saw a light blue storm of dust swirl around the area. There was areas that the dust just floated past with no impact. It allowed me to see the entire terrain around me. I also saw the Doc there was a massive influx of energy that flowed around him and his horn. After watching this flow I opened my eyes. It remained. The flow of energy was everywhere.

I looked around me and saw the energy that flowed into me. And I could release it. I looked sideways and held my hand out. I focused the energy wound me as a torrent of magic flooded into me. And then it released. A blast of darkfire came launching out of my hand. The force blasted a crater into the ground where it hit. That was the good thing. The bad was newtons law.

I got launched into the air a good ten feet before I hit the ground. Good thing the Doc wanted to come along. I don't know how long it was before I could think straight.

"Comeon James, speak to me!"

"Fuck newton."



It took a couple moments for me to regain my footing and go at it again. It wasn't to long until I could muster the arcane sight at a moments notice. The darkfire blasts however were much more tricky. I would try to make an outward blast and would be launched into the air. And would try a more localized blast and would be launched into the air. Newton was not my friend.

I could not have been happier to have the Doc nearby and to have that new healing factor. I swear if I didn't have that healing factor I would probably have two more broken legs. The Doc stopped running over after the fourth try and I even saw him reclining on a beach chair near the end.

Though the time I spent was quite well spent. I might even be able to master it after a few more sessions.

However I noticed something in the distance. I noticed a large cluster of magical energy approaching and approaching quickly. I was unsure of what was approaching up until it cleared the ridge. When it did I saw Miss Sparkle flying at me. She called out at me before landing.

She approached me on the ground and said, "Mister Taylor, I need you to come with me."

"What do you need?"

"Princess Celestia would like to speak with you at Canterlot."

"No way, last time I saw her she made me pass out by being in her presence. Last thing I need is to be in the middle of the capital when I pass out."

"Mister Taylor, Celestia has authorized any force to bring you there. Please don't make me do this."

"So she's arresting me. Under what charges?"

"Mister Taylor."

"What, charges?"

"Please!"

"What charges!"

"She didn't say!"

I looked at the Doc and said, "Go back to Ponyville."

"What?"

"This is going to get ugly and I don't want you to get stuck in the crossfire."

"Please don't do this."

"I have no choice, you know what happens to those who Celestia views as a threat. They get sealed away for a thousand years."

"Mister Taylor, please come with me peacefully."

"I won't."

"James don't do this."

"Go!"

"You probably should, Doctor Stable, this is not going to be safe for others."

"I am not leaving, I'm going to stay-" Stable said before disappearing in a cloud of purple lights.

"What did you do to him?"

"Teleported him to Ponyville, where he is safe."

"Thank you. I don't think you would happen to let this go and say I beat you in a fight, would you?"

"No, Celestia needs you at Canterlot and that is where you shall go."

"Pity, I am truly sorry about this."

"Same here."

"Hey Twilight."

"Yeah?"

"Think fast." I said before throwing my hands behind me and releasing a large blast. In theory it should throw me towards her and get me in a good grappling position. Unfortunately I forgot to take into account that she would have faster reactions then me and she dropped out of the sky and landed on the ground.

I soared past her flailing with grace akin to a lizard in zero gravity. I impacted quite a ways past her and I think that maneuver stupefied her. I was quick to recover when I hit the ground, despite the pain and went for another shot. This time I leaned forward and shot a blast forward at her. Luckily for me she has a much slower reaction time when she is on the ground.

She got hit right in the midriff and tumbled away for a few feet while I got pushed back an equal amount, though I stayed on my feet for once. The darkfire flickered on her few for a few seconds as she stood up weakly. Press the advantage, I thought. I charged towards her and fired a series of smaller blasts that still kept me off balance but allowed me to continue moving. This would probably be a much smarter combat strategy then the large blasts, how did I not figure this put earlier.

Right when the dark bolts were about to hit her I noticed a flicker around her and she disappeared with a pop. I looked around for her before I noticed the larger shadow hovering over me. Oh yeah, I thought, teleportation and flight. I quickly got hit by a large blast of purple energy from above. Man did that hurt, but at least it was a concussive blast. Twilight is obviously trying to make sure to keep me relatively unscathed.

I quickly rolled away from where I was and started to zig zag around. Last thing I wanted was for Twilight to hit me with another blast.

"We don't have to do this!"

"Will you let me go if I stop?"

"Celestia still needs you to come with me to Canterlot!"

"Then you know my answer." I switched on my arcane sight momentarily after responding. I hoped that I could see when Twilight was planning to cast something before she did, but I got something better. When I looked at her I saw a huge current of magical energy in an up-current beneath her. That explains the flight, wings act as a magical channeler as allowed to standard lift. I prepared a counter to her by pulpit the magical current away from her and towards me. The energy flowed into me with intense fervor as Twilight lost all lift.

I aimed a massive blast towards her as her horn lit up. I didn't know what she was planning, but there wasn't any other flux except for the energy around me. If this worked the blast would most definitely make Twilight think twice before they tell me to become arrested without cause.

However it didn't happen like that. Instead of Twilight launching a blast towards me or teleporting away like I thought she would, she cast a defensive spell. A large pink shield that I had never seen before. The strangest thing though was she cast it on me. When I launched my final darkfire blast it rebounded in the sphere back towards me. The force crushed me. And that is all I remember before I blacked out.

Author's Note:

Sorry about the wait, got stuck on the ending to the chapter and let it sit for a week.

Hope you enjoy, and as always please comment.