• Published 14th Jul 2013
  • 1,059 Views, 35 Comments

Magically Saturated - r4rBrok



Dropped into an unknown world, James Taylor must learn to fit in and deal with the dangers of this land.

  • ...
10
 35
 1,059

XIV

It was early evening when I awoke.

Again.

I really got to stop passing out all the time.

I woke when the sun in the west got low enough to glare directly into my eyes. I rolled over to get out of the sun and proceeded to roll off of the bench. When I finally got my brain to stop rattling around in my head, I got to look around at my surroundings. I knew that I was moving, and saw a large compartment that was empty of people besides me and Spike. He was looking at me and approaching when I was looking around.

"Hey, Spike, where am I?"

"You are on a train to Canterlot." He must of seen me look like I was about to leap out of the window because he waved his arms about and yelled, "Wait, it's okay."

"What on earth do you mean? Where the heck is Twilight?" I am not sure if I was scared or angry at her. He sat down beside me and took a moment to explain.

"Twilight is in the next car over. I figured that you would want her to be away from you when you woke up."

"That is Twilight, but what about me heading to Canterlot? When I get there chances are that Her Majesty Princess Celestia will hit me with the elements of harmony and lock me up for a thousand years."

"Well I doubt that, Celestia is a lot more reasonable than that. I don't think that she would condemn you without at least a trial."

"Did Discord get a trial? Chrysalis? Sombra. Nightmare Moon?"

"What do those guys have to do with this?"

"I am like them! We were all taken from another world and told to do evil!"

"Well, Discord got redeemed by Fluttershy."

"Who?"

"Element of Kindness."

"Ah."

"Chrysalis invaded Canterlot and foalnapped a princess and her groom. Kind of a shut book on that. Sombra was attacking the elements of harmony, enslaving his people, and attempting to steal a magical artifact from the crystal empire. And Nightmare Moon was trying to freeze the planet by not allowing anyone to have access to the sun. So all in all I doubt you are actually anything close to them."

"Really? They were all huge villains weren't they."

"Huge villains."

"Well, now this is still kind of awkward. As far as black and whites go I am still a force of evil, you know that."

"No you aren't. Trust me, I have met evil. You are not evil."

"Some people are born great, others have greatness thrust upon them."

"What does that have to do with anything? It sounds like you just want to change the topic."

"I do."

"Well what do you want to talk about, we have a few hours left."

"Is there any chance of this train allowing me to go back without having to talk to the Princess?"

"I doubt it."

"So you're saying there's a chance?" Spike just leveled a deadpan look towards me, "or not."

"I don't see why you are so afraid of her, she is just a princess."

"Well look at it this way, you have a being that is more powerful that the rest of her race which themselves are all incredibly powerful, who can move the sun with a thought and you are wondering why she is a little intimidating?"

"Even that said, she has no reason to due harm to you. You have done nothing wrong."

"Have I though? I attacked a princess who was also her personal protégé after resisting being brought to her by royal command. In my home that would have been treason, high treason at that."

"So?"

"So? Do you know what the punishment for high treason is?"

"What?"

"Death." Spike's face blanched at that statement. I could watch as his posture deteriorated at an alarming pace. His knees buckled and he looked like someone had hit him with a sick stick.

"But there is no way she can..."

"She could, and she might."

"But there is no way she could justify it! No pony would let her go through with it."

"Who could stop her?"

"But what about the media?"

"What about them, an unknown being enters a small town close to Canterlot from who knows where, attacks and almost incapacitate the country's newest princess. This princess happened to be the only thing standing between the population and ruination on multiple occasions. And this being, is on the same power level as the causes of said ruination. There is no way that the press would vilify her, hell, they would probably commemorate her."

Spike slumped onto the ground and sat there staring at the floor. Everything in the room came to a silence after I finished talking. And Spike seemed to have been hit with a taser. He just stayed, unmoving for entire minutes.

After a little while we heard knocking on the door to the car, "Hey Spike, you okay?"

He moved slowly, looking at the door before standing and saying, "In here."

Twilight opened the door to the car before slowly walking in with apprehension. "Is everything okay in here? It got awfully quiet for a while."

Spike spoke before I could. "It's okay, but you two need to talk. I'll be in the next car with the others." he said before walking past Twilight. "And be easy with him, please."

There was silence between us after Spike left the room. We walked up to each other and sat down on the benches beside each other. When either of us made a move the other would almost flinch away. And neither of us would even begin to try to make eye contact with one another.

"Twilight?"

"Yes?"

"I'm scared." Those words coming out of my mouth surprised me slightly, mostly that I would just say it so simply. No metaphors. No snark. No depressing tangents. Just when out and said it.

"What are you scared of?"

"Everything. I'm scared I will never see my family again. I'm scared I will hurt those that I care about. I'm scared that this will be my last day alive." I leaned forward and stared at my hands. "I never asked for this. I never wanted this. I used to be an average guy. Would go to work, hang out with my friends, read books, and just enjoy life. But no, that was too simple. Instead I had to be picked and dropped in a world that I knew nothing about, and knew nobody in.

"And I get incredible powers which I would normally enjoy massively, if it weren't for the fact I have next to no control over it. What happens if I lose control. I already decimated a hospital room. If fiction was anything to go by then I'll just get stronger over time."

"Don't worry, it'll just get better." she said laying a hoof on my shoulder. "Trust me on this."

"How can I believe that? You never went through this. What happens if ten, twenty, fifty years pass and I lose control then? I could level a building, a block, or even an entire town!"

"I do know what you are going through."

"How? How can you possibly know what I am going through?"

"Because the day I met Celestia, I had a magical flareup. I unleashed so much magic that I turned my parents into potted plants and made spike thirty stories tall. If Celestia didn't intervene I may have leveled the capital by the time I was finished. I locked myself in my room for weeks after that, worried I was going to hurt somepony. It became so bad they had to have ponies teleport food into my room so I wouldn't starve myself."

"Have you ever had another outburst like that."

"Nowhere close to as bad."

Silence reigned again as we sat there. We both absorbed what the other had opened up to the other. Our closest moment was about how little control we had.

"What is Celestia going to do to me?"

"I don't know, I'm sorry."

The rest of the ride was in silence. Twilight left about an hour after our conversation and I didn't talk to anyone else while the train was in motion.

We reached Canterlot at round eight in the evening. When the train reached the station there was a group of guards waiting there for us ready to chain my up and carry me off. Twilight flagged them down and instead she and Spike flanked me while waking with the guards staying a good step back from them. The guards were close enough to step in if it was necessary, but they made sure to give me my space.

The walk through the capital was a nice and long one. If I was being sent to my death it was nice to know that I could stretch my legs first at the very least. The atmosphere was nice though monotone. You could most definitely tell that this was the business capital. Most ponies on the street would be wearing high class dresses or suits. I most definitely saw a large number of both monocles and top hats on ponies as I walked by. They did give me long series of bad looks, but screw them.

Approaching the castle was a sight to behold. The magnificently tall spires. The bright brickwork. It was gorgeous. I didn't get as much time as I would have liked to be able to enjoy the castle as I was rushed into the primary court chamber.

There was a large number of nobles and guards stationed in the chamber. The chamber was large and mostly empty except for a gigantic throne on the opposite end. On it sat Princess Celestia whom immediately noticed out arrival. On that moment she stood from her throne gathering the attention of everyone in the court.

"I apologize to you all for the interruption, but it appears that a prior engagement has arrived and must ask everypony else to leave for now. I will be back to assist tomorrow in all your issues. Again I apologize." It didn't take very long before it was just Celestia, me, Twilight, Spike, and Blueblood. Wait, when did he get here?

Celestia approached us after descending from the throne. I got very uncomfortable from her magic aura, but it was nowhere close to as when we first saw each other, and she made sure to stay a fair but farther away from me then one usually would. "I am sorry, but I need to ask you three to also leave. I wish to talk to James alone." I could watch all three of them begin to protest before Celestia shut them down. "Please do not argue, my little ponies." the three of them looked like they were trying to come up with something before looking at the level stare that Celestia gave before walking out of the chamber.

"Now, I must apologize for Princess Twilight's behavior, Prince Taylor."

"Well that's okay I kind of... wait what?"

Author's Note:

Thanks for waiting. And I can explain why he was called a prince don't worry
Though hearing theories would not be amiss

And as always please comment