• Published 14th Jul 2013
  • 1,059 Views, 35 Comments

Magically Saturated - r4rBrok



Dropped into an unknown world, James Taylor must learn to fit in and deal with the dangers of this land.

  • ...
10
 35
 1,059

XI

"So any ideas on how we are going to start this?" I asked.

"Well I have a theory." Stable answered, "If we think of your sensitivity like eating it can give us a good idea. You are used to eating very minimal food to survive, and you have a feast placed in front of you. Now naturally you eat your fill, but it leads to you getting an upset stomach and you stop eating. But if we force you to eat you will have to make room."

"Are you suggesting that we make Mister Taylor magically vomit?" Blue wondered, "If so that is revolting."

"Calm yourself Blue, after all this was your idea." I said.

"Indeed."

"Alright so James, I'm going to reactivate the diagnostic spell and let's see what that does. Be aware though that this is likely going to hurt a lot."

"Noted, now let's get this over with."

The spell started like normal with the uncomfortability I had come to expect from spells. Though luckily there was never that surge of pain that usually comes. Though the pressure was building and quickly. It came suddenly, and the release was just as quick though the affects weren't as I expected. Instead of a blast of fire and force my jaw lowered and I screamed.

"RAINBOWS!" I said as a rainbow colored sludge poured out of my mouth.

I was in shock up until I heard the laughing and a snake like being appeared from no where and said. "Hey Doctor, I think he may be a homosexual!"

"How can you tell?" Doc asked.

Oh dear did he just make an internet reference? And his voice seems familiar. That response just caused the being to make his laughter even louder.

"Discord! What are you doing here?" Blueblood yelled at him. Wait they knew each other.

"Oh dear Blueballs," Blueballs eh? Will need to remember that one. "I am just here to see my new brother."

"What?" Doc and I called in sinc.

"Why you James I'm here to see you."

"Just who are you and how did you know that reference?"

"Reference?" Doc and Blue asked each other.

"Well allow me to introduce myself. I am Discord, former spirit of disharmony and master of chaos." he answered with a bow that resulted with his feet coming over his head as he floated.

"Well Discord, I am-"

"James Taylor the magic eater, of the planet earth. I do know who to are."

"The magic eater? What in the world are you talking about?"

"You mean to tell me you have no idea what you got or why you are here?"

"None. Tell me."

"Well you two, I'm going to have to borrow James here. Be back in a jif." he said before snapping his fingers. Next thing knew I was in a void that had black and white patterns all about it.

"What am I doing here?!"

"Well I need to show you something. You are about to see what happened in the beginning of this world."

"This world?"

"Don't play dumb with me, that's my job. Besides I saw you have that talk with good old Turner."

"Different macroverse theory?"

"Exactly."

He snapped his fingers and in the void two shapes came into being. They were one of straight lines and regimented shifts made of white. While another was formless, constantly shifting and black. "In the beginning there were two beings of absolute power, one was the rigid Creation, and the other the flowing Decay. They were the only beings for millions of years for the moment one attempted to create anything the other would destroy it. It was a long and soooo boring period.

"Creation though wanted more and started to build it's power greatly. Decay saw this and stated to build it's power to counter Creation. This continued for millennia as neither side would dare act in case the other was ready. This was a major mistake for both sides. After millennia of wait Creation released his power." At that moment the regimented being bursted apart quickly followed by the other. "You see that power that they built up, when they released it they both got torn to pieces.

"In their wake however they had made to great beings, Faust and Death." I was then shown two more beings. one was a great alicorn with auburn hair and cream fur bearing a inkpot and quill for a cutie mark. The other was a bleach white stallion with no horn or wings with a black mane and a sickle for a cutie mark. "While Creation and Decay lost their bodies their energies continued. This would become the foundation for the Endless War. Uhg, what a silly name.

"In that first moment of being with a massive influx of energy Faust created Equis and all the life on it. Death countered by making age and disease. Over the millennia the great ones would either create new creations to do their bidding or bring others from other worlds to do that for them."

"And the Endless War? What is that?"

"Well, the energies of the original two were all that remained of them, they still had plenty of it. Whenever one side would gain an upper hand over the other, the losing side would attempt to reset the balance. However, they took very opposing styles to it. Creation would either make something or ascend something that already existed into higher status. That would be your Celestia and helements of armory. While Decay could only bring beings from elsewhere and give them a bit of a power boost or makeover. Makeover in my case."

"So that is what happened to me, I got torn from my world to be a servant of darkness?"

"Ding ding ding, we have a winner! Tell them what they won Paul!" Discord shouted while pointing to... himself?

"With pleasure Discord! Mister Taylor has won, the option to be condemned to a life of misery, incredible magic powers and to be hounded by Celestia's cronies for as long as she sees fit. And thats not all! He also has the inability to ever return home, see another of his kind and immortality!"

"Wait immortality?"

"Well of course! You wouldn't think that Decay would allow his toys to stop working, actually you would but that's besides the point. I only know of one actual granting of immortality in recent ancient history, but that's because Decay tends to pick those who are already immortal. And just because you are immortal doesn't mean you can't be defeated or suffer a fate worse then death, King Somber can attest to that."

"Wow this is a bummer. Seriously how am I supposed to react to this?"

"Typically either go crazy or ignore it."

"Most of all why are you telling me this mister 'master of chaos?' I would expect this is a tad bit out of character for you."

"Because I find humans fun and it would be a welcome change to have someone that respects me that I used to look like."

"Used to... look... like. No way."

"Hmm?"

"You're Q aren't you?"

"Wait what?"

"Yes, you are Q! I thought your voice was familiar!"

"Q... I haven't heard that name in a long time." He said while slipping into a Jedi outfit.

We just stood there in the void for minutes absorbing the information we learned. Me learning the reason for me to be here, and Q learning that there was someone who knew of him from before this world. I broke the silence however. "Hey Q?"

"Please call me Discord, I have spent too much time here to go back to my old name."

"Discord, if you ever want to talk, my door will be open."

"Thank you. Now let's get you back to your friends."

With a snap of his fingers I appeared back in the diamond dog crags. I immediately slumped onto the ground as Blue and Doc ran over to me.

"What happened to you?!" Doc cried.

"He told me."

"Told you what, praytell?" Blue asked.

"Everything."

Author's Note:

Finally all the exposition dumps are done. Sorry it is taking so long for the ball to get rolling.

And thank you to all that commented on which path I should take.

And as always don't forget to comment.