• Published 14th Jul 2013
  • 1,060 Views, 35 Comments

Magically Saturated - r4rBrok



Dropped into an unknown world, James Taylor must learn to fit in and deal with the dangers of this land.

  • ...
10
 35
 1,060

IV

So, the morning. Something you should know is that I am a stubborn sleeper. No not a heavy sleeper, I am actually quite a light sleeper. I can get woken up by most sounds or movement while sleeping, but staying awake is the thing I have a problem with.

This morning at what felt like about 7, the door to my hospital room slid open. It was done quietly as if to avoid waking me, but any noise is too much noise. I was awake. Naturally I rolled over and completely ignored whoever was in the room. Well at least attempted to.

I felt a hoof along my shoulder rustle me, "Wake up sleepyhead, we need to change your bandages before your burns get infected." oh yeah, heavy burns along my entire body. I forgot about that.

I threw the blanket off of me, not that big of a deal seeing how it completely neglected to cover my feet. Still not looking at who was in the room I mumbled, "Go ahead, I want to sleep."

"Okay, if you can feel you can sleep go for it, but if you move while I work you're staying awake." I mumbled back at her before attempting to fall back asleep.

Attempting being the imperative word there. Having someone poke and prod with big hooves while you are tying to sleep is a lost cause to begin with, but that didn't stop me from trying. That is until the nurse spoke again.

"What the BUCK!" That was all I needed in order to be thrown awake again.

"Get the friggin unicorn!" I yelled out in surprise.

"What?" I looked at who was treating me again and of course it was Redheart. I began to suspect that only one nurse worked here or something.

"Oops sorry reflex, don't ask. Now what were you yelling about?" I replied to Redheart. Now seriously don't ask. It's a long story.

"You have no burns left, you don't even have scars!"

"Wait what." Wow I forgot how much I said that over the years. I looked down at my legs to see what she was working on. She was right, my burns were completely gone with no trace of me ever having something happening being my legs were slightly pinker and hairless. "Holy shit, yeah I see the reason why you yelled."

"Why didn't you tell me that your species had a healing factor like this, this could have saved a lot of effort."

I looked flatly into her eyes and said, "We don't."

"I beg your pardon?"

"Were I come from my species would have had difficulty surviving a series of burns like this. Even if I did survive it I doubt that anyone would be completely healed like this after months, let alone a day!"

"Then how would you describe it if not a baling factor?"

"Well do you remember yesterday when the Doc talked about my magical sensitivity?" she nodded slowly, "Well maybe this is just an extension of that."

"So your theory is based off of another theory made by a guy who doesn't even have a bachemeres degree in magical studies?" I nodded swiftly in reply, "Well I guess it then makes perfect sense!" Wow sarcasm as subtle as a brick wall in the middle of Main Street, just my type of girl... er, I mean what a wonderful girl, yeah that's it.

Don't give me that look, if your were thrust into a new world, burned to a crisp, then found out you had superpowers, even weak ones, you would be acting a little loopy too.

And if you start singing I swear to God you aren't hearing another word of this, am I clear?

Good now let's continue.

I rubbed the back of my head and asked Redheart, "Um, so what happens now? Do I walk out of here like nothing happened, or do I wait a while like standard procedure?" And another question is what would I do if I was let go?

"Well, I think I should get Stable to take another look at you," she replied, "then we can see what to do next."

"Just gonna play it by ear? Well sounds good to me."

"Alright I'll be back. And don't go back to sleep on me. The last thing that we need is trying to wake you up just to kick you out."

"Yeah yeah, I'll stay awake. Speaking of, did you get any of the books of off the trolley like you said?"

She chuckled a bit before saying, "Didn't even bother to look beside you." I looked down at the bedside table and sitting there was a nice big hardcover book. It read Daring Do as the cover name and appeared to be an Indiana Jones type affair. "Welcome and see you later."

"Thanks Redheart." I commented as she closed the door behind her. So there I was with time to spare and a new book series from a completely unknown culture before me. Kind of ironic seeing how it was an Indy style book. Regardless I leaped right into the book with little hesitation. About a chapter into the book I noticed something I found quite odd. Two completely separate cultures, from more than likely different universes, and somehow we speak and read the same language. And I'm not even overstating that, they are the exact same language in almost every way. Grammar, the same. Alphabet, identical. Words, mimicking to perfection minus a few changes. Most noticeable changes are in words like someone or everyone is instead somepony or everypony, respectively. That will need some looking into.

At the tail end of my internal monologue was when Doctor Stable trotted into the room. He had a suspiciously wide smile on his face. "Um... Doc? You okay?"

"Oh absolutely fine, and so are you for that matter. Yesterday you came in with a broken leg and severe full body burns, but today you seem as if nothing has ever been wrong with you. So it is with great pleasure that I say you are free to go."

"Really, is that all? Seriously?"

"Oh absolutely, I will just need-" Doc got cut off there by some banging outside and some more heated arguments. I hoped everything was alright, but it was a bit unsettling. My fears were pushed aside in place of shock when the room's door flew open and someone walked in. It was a full size horse of a being, a white alabaster coat and multicoloured hair of green blue and pink. It had a massive horn on its head easily a foot and a half long and sharpened to a deadly tip. Along its sides were huge wings that made the room seem dwarfed in comparison. And the thing that caught my attention was the fact that it wore a golden crown, breastplate and shoes.

She stared directly into my eyes with a fierce penetrating glare and spoke with an extremely authoritative yet soothing tone. "James Taylor, my name is Princess Celestia, and I need to have a word with you."

Author's Note:

And chapter four. Be aware that there will be some tonal whiplash in the next chapter due to following a different character and am going for a different feel. Until then enjoy.

Comment as you see fit.