• ...
1
 43
 2,540

SPT Chapter 12

Super Pony Taisen
Chapter 12 Roaring Lions.

Two stallions were watching as the preparations for their takeover were almost done. The new, secret hideout for Terra Firma was bustling with earth ponies, working the machinery they found in that cave. There were even some unicorn and pegasus sympathizers working with them, although they did not use their magic or wings. They stood on a platform while overseeing the hangar in which the ponies of Terra Firma worked on the machines.

It was considered common courtesy in the organization that unicorn and pegasus members would not use the abilities unique to their kind. Despite Terra Firma being a pro earth pony movement that believed to be discriminated against by the other kinds of ponies, the unicorns and pegasi that supported them were always considered as brothers in their fight for justice.

Despite the preparations going smoothly, the older stallion was still nervous. They would soon go against the regime of Princess Celestia herself, and the princess's student and her friends had some very impressive robots themselves, if their spy in the castle was to be believed. Only the amount of AM's that were being repaired eased his mind. Erde has taken over Terra Firma from his father and he continued the good fight in his name. Although his father preached peaceful methods, Erde reluctantly had to admit that they have already tried every peaceful approach, and that now the time for revolution has come.

To his side was Sediment, his trusty adviser, who showed him this cave. Erde did not really know much about him but that didn't matter. Ever since he employed him the movement has only grown. Now they were an army, prepared to break the chains of oppression, which Celestia disguised as 'trying to be fair'. He took the time to address his comrades.

“My dear comrades, the time to strike has come.” All eyes in the hall were on him now. “For too long we have been cast into the mud while the other kinds of ponies were living lives full of luxury and prestige. Despite the fact that even some of the pegasi and unicorns have a better sense of justice and not only agree with us, but even stand by our side in this hour, Celestia never granted us a single wish.” Nods and murmurs of agreement flooded the hall. “Peaceful negotiations have failed, now it is time for us to take that which we rightfully deserve by force. We did not want this, but Celestia is forcing our hooves. Go forth my proud lions, you carry the future of all earth ponies on your shoulders.”

The crowd erupted into cheering as Erde finished his speech, said stallion turned to his adviser. “We are at the point of no return,” he said in a solemn tone.

Sediment smirked. “Going back is easy, but it is usually the worse choice.” Erde nodded in agreement and then continued to watch his comrades as they prepared for the first strike.


It has been a week since Fluttershy successfully activated the Giganscudo and her training regiment has been revised. Instead of trying to make the super robot move the way she wanted to they concentrated on teaching Fluttershy how to use the Giganscudo’s moves to her advantage.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders were also often in the simulators; apparently, the fillies found the training to be really fun, and they hoped that maybe they could get PT piloting cutie marks, an idea everypony else didn't like so much. Toys have been sent so the fillies could play together, along with homework from Ms. Cheerilee so they would still learn what they needed while they were on the Kurogane. Their classmates and teacher were very worried about them and regularly sent them letters from Canterlot. Even Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon at least refrained from insulting them.

Canterlot and the other big cities in Equestria became very crowded as smaller towns and villages were evacuated. In fact the only small town where ponies still lived was Appleloosa, and only because there were no big cities within safe traveling distance. All of Equestria was afraid, afraid of the first war in history.

Twilight and her friends were sitting together at the dinner table. Since they had to patrol the area, they did not have the opportunity to sit together like this for a long time, but today Derpy would patrol together with Spark and Digger. Fortunately the damage done to the Huckebein and the Wildschwein was not as bad as they first thought. Most of it was the hull.

Eagerly they all waited for Spike to burp up the regular letter from home. Every week their families would come together to write a letter to them. This was their favorite part of the week, since they could finally get a little piece of normalcy. Finally with a burp and a green flame the scroll appeared, which was eagerly snatched up by Twilight. The purple unicorn began to read:

Dear Rarity,

We hope you and Sweetie Belle are alright. All the time we hear about the preparations the soldiers are performing, and we get more worried about you the more we hear. Yesterday we watched the guards as they practiced with those robots. It's still difficult to imagine you sitting in one of them. Please come back safely, and please protect Sweetie Belle.

With love, Carlton and Sparkler.

Dear Applejack,

After the stress of moving to Canterlot, Granny finally calmed down again. The doctor said that if she doesn't stress herself again she will be fine. Please don't overexert yourself and keep an eye on Applebloom.

Love, Big Macintosh.

Twilight continued to read out the letters from their families until she reached her own portion of the scroll. She gasped as she finished reading.

Dear Twily,

It's me, Shining Armor. First I want to tell you how proud I am of you little sis, you are a lot stronger than I ever gave you the credit for. At the same time I'm sad though, I joined the guard so I could protect you from exactly this kind of situation and now you are on the front line while I sit here in Canterlot. I volunteered to pilot your old Gespenst MKII, I hope it keeps me just as safe as it did for you. To end this letter on a more positive note, yesterday I proposed to Cadence, your old foalsitter. We planned on marrying as soon as this is over, I hope you will be in one piece for the wedding.

Good luck and stay safe, Shining Armor.


“My brother is marrying Cadence?” Twilight couldn't believe it, finally some good news. While she practically squealed in joy her friends were confused. They never heard about Twilight’s brother or this Cadence.

“Twilight, who is Cadence and why did you never tell us about your brother?” Asked Applejack.

Twilight didn't really know why she never told her friends about her brother and Cadence. “I don't know, maybe because I never had friends before you that I could tell about them.” Shining Armor and Cadence were the only ponies aside from Princess Celestia that Twilight ever considered as friends and they were both older than herself. “Shining Armor is my older brother, we always got along perfectly, shared our hopes and dreams, played together. Now he is captain of the royal guard.”

Rarity cut her off at this moment. “Captain of the royal guard? Your brother has such a high position and you never told us?” Rarity was aghast: This was not just any title, it was one the top ten list of the most prestigious titles in Equestria.

“Sorry, anyway Princess Cadence is Celestia's niece and she was my foalsitter when I was small. She is beautiful and kind,.I always loved it when she came to visit. Personally I couldn't think of a better mare for my brother.” As Twilight finished, Rarity was almost foaming at her mouth. Twilight’s brother was not just captain of the royal guard, he would soon marry the niece of Princess Celestia, that would mean that her friend Twilight would soon be royalty.

“Twilight, that would mean that you are soon an in-law of the princess, you'll be part of the royal family.” Gasped Rarity.

Twilight never really cared much for titles but the thought of officially being a family with her beloved mentor sounded wonderful to her. “Well Rarity, while it was never official, the princess always told me that she considered me a part of her family.” Twilight happily remembered when she was told this.

“Anyway, I hope that Nightmare Moon stays away from Canterlot. I don't want anything to happen to Shining Armor or Cadence.” This was something Twilight was afraid of: What if Nightmare Moon started to target Equestrian cities instead of the Kurogane? The steel ship was still dormant under the sands, and they would be very vulnerable to attacks if they had to fly the PT's all the way to the city that was being attacked while breaking up to ensure that the dig site was still protected.

Applejack saw the worried expression on her friend. “Now don'tcha worry sugarcube, we'll give Nightmare Moon a good ole hoedown and then Equestria will be safe again.”

This seemed to cheer Twilight up as she gave her friend a smile. “You're right, even after Nightmare Moon got those golems to shoot energy beams we managed to defeat them.” Confidence slowly started to fill the unicorn. “Whatever she can show up with, we have something to defeat it.”

“Exactly, nopony can beat us, after all we have the only PT's in Equestria.” Said Rainbow Dash in her usual, cocky tone. “My Astelion is faster than anything, Fluttershy's Giganscudo is tougher than anything and the rest of you can open a whole can off whoopflank on anything.”

The little pep rally they held had visible effects on their team, even Fluttershy seemed confident. “I'm sure everything will turn out fine.” She said with a calm smile on her face. They continued to chat without worries and laughed heartily. With the PT's on their side, what would they need to worry about?


The next day, Twilight and Pinkie Pie were patrolling the area in their PT's. Today was a quiet one. Only a small group of four sand golems reared their heads and were swiftly dispatched. After their first encounter with the golems that shot energy beams they decided to include defense against long range attacks in their training regiment. At first they thought that would be a waste of time since the golems could only throw rocks and sand at first, both easily dodged if you were paying attention. They also haven't seen any storm golems in a while.

Pinkie and Twilight decided that now was the best time for a little chat. “And I'm telling you Twi, we can totally have a dance party with our robots. It's gonna be the best party EVER!” Reasoned Pinkie Pie, who after their talk yesterday, already planned the victory party for them.

“Pinkie, the joints are not made for dancing, you'll break them!” Scolded Twilight, even her Wildraubtier would not be fit for a dance party despite being able to transform.

By this point, piloting became as natural for them as breathing to the point where they could perform even the most complicated maneuvers in their sleep, Pinkie was even proving her point by doing a little dance with her Weissritter.

Twilight scolded her friend. “Stop it Pinkie, the joints will break.”

Twilight transformed her Wildraubtier back into biped mode and tried to hold the Weissritter, which was not easy since she still held the hyperbeam rifle in one hand.

Twilight dropped the rifle and used both arms to keep Pinkie still. “The robots are not THAT tough, they can break easily when not used correctly. How often do the technicians oil the joints?”

Pinkie finally held still, “Uuuh, I don't know.”

Twilight facehoofed, “You should really oversee them when they maintain your PT. You should know best what your machine needs.” Twilight became less stern as she started to talk about her latest, favorite subject. “Another important thing you need to keep your eye on is the firing stability. You may think your PT's arms are always stiff and straight, but they are actually swaying a bit when you take aim. By fixing the arms correctly you can keep the movement at an absolute minimum to ensure that your aim is precise.”

Twilight continued to talk about various technical specifications and piloting advice, Pinkie already fell asleep halfway through her lecture. “And that is why you should never eat hay fries before piloting. Did you get all of that Pinkie? Pinkie?” The pink mare shot up from her sleep.

“Uh, what? Oh, are you done Twi?” She asked and lazily scatched her ear with her hind hoof.

Twilight let out a frustrated groan. “Nevermind Pinkie, let's just wrap up this patrol and head back.”

The two of them broke apart, ready to continue on their route as something shot past them, just as they separated. Both of them turned their heads as some sort of projectile hit the ground below them and a fountain of sand and dust shot up. They were being attacked!

Quickly, they turned to the direction the shot came from. Both mares gasped at what they saw. Six robots, just like the ones they were piloting, were coming at them. Their legs were thin, more like fins than actual legs. One arm was like a thin barrel and the other one was a flat hand. The body was designed in an aerodynamic way, flat and rounded, pointing slightly forward. Fins were attached to the shoulders and boosters were pointing backwards. They held some resemblance to Rainbow Dash’s old Guarlion.

The thin barrels on their arms were crackling with electricity and more shots were fired at them. Twilight and Pinkie barely managed to dodge the shots, then a communication channel opened. They saw a stern looking grey earth pony glaring at them.

“We are from Terra Firma, Princess Celestia has ignored the pleas of us earth ponies for far too long, now we will take our rights by force.” The pony proclaimed.

Twilight couldn't believe it; Terra Firma was attacking them and they had robots! Twilight desperately tried to reason with the stallion. “We are not your enemies, Nightmare Moon is still active, we should not fight against each other.”

Pinkie Pie decided to help her friend. “Yeah, how about we just become friends instead, then we can have a huge party and everypony will be happy.”

Their words however, did not manage to change the opinion of their attackers and another volley of shots were flying in their direction. “You are with Princess Celestia, that means that you are an obstacle in our way. Surrender now or we'll shoot.”

Both mares panicked: This was different from fighting lifeless golems, these were ponies just like them. They couldn't just shoot them down. Twilight made a decision. “Run!”

She quickly transformed the Wildraubtier back into flight mode and the two of them flew back towards the Kurogane while dodging the fire coming from their new enemies. While they fled, some of the diamond dogs that were tasked with spying on them observed as the newcomers attacked. The dogs just looked at each other before digging down to report to their new mistress.

On the way back to the camp, Twilight and Pinkie could not lose their attackers. While the Weissritters Tesla Drive and the Wildraubtiers flight mode were features, those machines were made to fly. The Kurogane was in their range again and Twilight immediately opened a communication channel to the bridge.


Digger currently had his shift on the bridge. Most of his work consisted of overseeing the others while they figured out more and more of the Kuroganes controls. After spending such a long time on this steel ship, the crew was almost capable of flying the steel ship, should it ever fly again. Spark has implied that he had plans for mobilizing the Kurogane, earlier that day.

One of the communication screens flared up, it was an emergency signal from the Wildraubtier. “Get Twilight on screen.” He ordered the proclaimed communication officer. With a few, well trained key strokes he put Twilight on screen.

“Digger, finally! This is an emergency!” Yelled Twilight, who was obviously distressed.

“Was it an ambush from Nightmare Moon?” Asked Digger, and ordered his communication officer to notify the other pilots.

“NO! It's Terra Firma!” The entire bridge crew gasped in shock as they heard this.

“Terra Firma?” Digger asked in disbelieve. “How is this possible?” He knew that the views of this organization were very radical but he never thought they would attack somepony.

“I don't know how, but they have AM's!” Said Twilight before a blast smashed her against the side of her cockpit. “What are we supposed to do? We can't shoot them down! There are ponies in those AM's!”

Digger was speechless, there were other traces of the Kurogane technology somewhere else? And Terra Firma found them? He shook his head, no time to waste on these ponderings, Twilight and Pinkie needed help. “Twilight, give us visuals of the enemy AM's, we'll search the database for information.”

Twilight put the rear cameras of the Wildraubtier on the screen and showed their attackers to the bridge crew. They immediately typed away at their terminals to look for any info on these new machines.

Evading the continuing attacks from the Terra Firma AM's became more strenuous for Pinkie and Twilight. Not only were the pilots determined to shoot them down, it was downright terrifying for them to think that their fellow ponies would attack them.

From the bridge Digger ground his teeth as he watched many close calls as the two pilots got back into the range where they could tap into their cameras. When the alert went out to the rest of the crew, Spark immediately made his way to the bridge. “Who is attacking Twilight and Pinkie Pie?” he asked furiously.

With a stern tone, Digger answered him. “Terra Firma.” He turned around and looked him in the eyes. “This 'organization of justice' is currently trying to shoot down our pilots.” Spark was shocked, the ponies he always held up to be supporters of true equality were attacking them?

Before Spark could say anything a screen lit up and Fluttershy could be seen. “Uhm Digger, I'm currently in the Giganscudo, would you mind if I launch to help them?” She asked shyly. Normally she would be unusually assertive when it came to saving her friends: the thought about fighting other ponies must have put her off.

“Permission to launch granted, shield the Wildraubtier and the Weissritter but don't attack the AM's until we have more information.” Ordered Digger and went back to addressing the bridge crew. “Hurry up, we need more information ASAP!”


Fluttershy launched as soon as she heard Digger give her permission. Then he also told her not to attack the AM's. Even if he permitted her to attack them, Fluttershy doubted that she would be able to do it. Slowly the rays of the sun came into view and she needed to adjust her eyes for a moment. Luckily Twilight and Pinkie were already close to the Kurogane, they were already in view and Fluttershy could open a communication channel. “Hurry, come to me so I can shield you.”

The two mares were relieved to hear their friend. Straining their boosters to their limits, they rushed over to the large, red super robot that held it's arms wide open. The AM's behind them fired a volley of missiles at them. The large, shielded arms of the Giganscudo closed around them as the missiles hit. Both arms were engulfed in a firestorm but as the flames died down, all three robots were still standing strong.

Fluttershy activated the speakers of the Giganscudo and addressed the pilots from Terra Firma. “Please listen to me, with the threat of Nightmare Moon we should work together instead of fighting each other. We do not hold any hostilities towards you and just wish to ensure that Equestria will be safe. Please join us or leave, I won't let you hurt my friends either way.” She said gently, yet firmly. Fluttershy did not know where she got her strength from;- she suspected that the Giganscudo helped her to feel stronger.

“Celestia is never going to treat us fairly, under the pretense that she doesn't want to treat the other kinds of ponies unfarily. The only chance we have is an uprising.” Snarled one of the pilots from Terra Firma. “You are with the princess, if we attack the palace you'll help her, that makes you our enemy.” The AM's continued to fire, Fluttershy and the Giganscudo curled up to make sure that no shot would hit her friends.

The assault continued, the other pilots requested permission to launch as well but Digger denied it. The three of them would be more than enough to destroy these AM's, but they first had to find a way to do so without killing the pilots.

“I've got it!” Yelled one of the bridge crew members. “Those AM's, the Lions, have an automatic ejection system, as long as you don't destroy the cockpit the pilots will be safe.”

Vigor returned to the three pilots. Now they could take their attackers out without killing the pilots. Fluttershy released Twilight and Pinkie, who immediately returned fire. They aimed at the arms of the Lions, if they can't shoot they have to retreat. Twilight gasped as she almost hit the cockpit of her target but sighed in relieve as she saw that the ejection system was activated.

“Two pilots down, beginning evasive maneuvers.” One of the enemy pilots yelled and they started to scramble.

Twilight changed the Wildraubtier back into flight mode and Pinkie stayed with Fluttershy. “Alrighty Flutters, keep me covered while I break their toys.” Using the Giganscudo for cover, Pinkie took aim and fired at an AM that flew past her. She managed to hit the booster and the cockpit was ejected before the Lion crashed down, afterwards she had to duck back as one of his friends attempted to avenge him.

While he fired at the cowering Weissritter, the pilot did not notice that Twilight flew straight at him with her Wildraubtier. When he finally noticed the white jet flying at him it was already too late. Twilight rammed him and his cockpit ejected before the Lion crashed down. The last two remaining Lions turned around and attempted to flee.

“No you don't.” Said Twilight, not wanting the pilots to bring the machines back to their own base.

Digger tried to stop her, “They are already fleeing Twilight, let them go.”

“If they return with the Lions, they can attack us later.” Reasoned Twilight while she transformed the Wildraubtier back into biped mode and took aim with her hyperbeam rifle. “Also, I'm just gonna aim at his arms, the pilot won't be harmed.” Twilight pulled the trigger and a brilliant beam of purple energy shot straight at the AM.

Twilights smile fell as she noticed something. The trajectory of the beam was off, it didn't head for the arms, the beam headed straight for the cockpit! Twilight panicked and hastily opened a communication channel to the Terra Firma pilots. “QUICK DODGE!” She yelled at them.

It was too late, the energy beam pierced the cockpit of the Lion. The last thing Twilight heard from the pilot was a horrifying scream, then silence. A feeling of horror swept through Twilight, she just killed somepony.

“Damn you,” growled the other pilot. “you'll pay for this I SWEAR!”

Twilight didn't listen, all she could hear were the last screams of the pony she just killed. Pinkie, Fluttershy and everypony on the bridge of the Kurogane were silent. Twilight couldn't move anymore, she was too horrified at what she has done. The Wildraubtier started to fall down into the dunes. Fluttershy managed to regain her composure and caught the Wildraubtier before it fell down. A feeling of dread filled the pegasus mare, this would leave deep psychological scars on her friend.


Authors note: Took me long enough to finish this chapter. Anyway, the last scene was something that was not part of the original plan but I thought that in a war, scenes like this are too commonplace to just make this entire war without any casualties.

The poor Lion pilot might not be the first one, but don't worry about you favorites, I hate to kill off main characters.

Comments ( 6 )

And This is the ressult when a N00b troop fresh out of the StrormTrooper Marksman Academy encounters and try to fight veteran pilots... unfortunately, It looks like Twilight has just done her first kill and by consecuense, the first official kill of the M6 team, looks like Twilight is going to be down for while until somepony BRIGHT SLAP her onto sense(I VOTE FOR SHINING ARMOR TO DO THAT! and somehow, I think this is going to be made as well to the others M6 and Derpy for their own sakes)

So now with the first official Attack of the Terra Firma insurrection movement now Equestria will be fighting two fronts(of possible four for now) So now I do hope that Shining Armor and his 08th Personal Trooper Team, Second Personal Trooper Division (Military speaking The M6 and Derpy will be Listed as the 01st Personal Trooper Team, First personal Trooper Division, while any other Pilot of the Kurogane will be the 02nd, 03rd,04th, 05th, 06th and 07th Personal Trooper Teams from the First Personal Trooper Division with the Kurogane as a Flagship and Headquarters so in a way of speaking, they stopped being civilians the momment Nightmare Moon returned and Attacked them and inmediatly became art of the Equestrian Militaryalthought I wouldn't be surprised if the Mane Six was Listed already as a Special Forces Squadron with actual Milirtary Ranks for each one of them since the frist defeat of Nightmare Moon and none of them even knew about it) speed up thir training and get ready for the incoming battles because if don't then they will have a bapatism by fire in the middle of a training drill in a Mobile Suit Gundam style of FUBAR... until a little foal highjack the most powerful Personal Trooper in the base and beat the manure out of the enemy by simply following the instructions manual he aquired in the midist of the chaos (I Vote for Pipsqeak to pull an Amuro Ray in the middle of a royal Guard Base)

Now the next question will be, When will the CMC and Dinky will pull an Amuro Ray and became the 03rd Personal Trooper Team: CMC(or simply Crusaders) and I assume that the 02nd Personal Trooper Team will be made of by the enginiers and arecheologists that deside to go into training as well, and the rest of the teams will be in a way composed on that and their aviability to be deployed into the field will depend on how many PT's have already managed to restrore and get them combat ready at the time

791591 Gundam, where the best pilots are kids that actually read the manual :twilightsheepish:

Also, I actually have another Bright Slap planned, try to guess who receives it. Also, I admit that the attack happened pretty much just so Twilight can accidentally shoot that pilot, although it can be justified since the Lion pilots don't have as much experience as Team M6.

1783182 Thank you, I should really get out of this F*ing lazyness/writers block and continue. But sadly, no Mazinger since this story is focused on Original Generations.

While I would like to see Twilight get Bright Slapped by Shining Armor, what ever you have in mind will work just fine. :ajsmug:

Thought if you don't mind me adding some input, I personally think that the CMC (Dinky Included) are the next generation of the SRX team with Scootaloo piloting R1:scootangel:, Apple Bloom piloting R2, Sweetie Bell going for R3, and Dinky in R-Gun. That would be awesome!!! :rainbowdetermined2:

What ever you come up with thought is fine with me! :pinkiehappy:

I really like this story!!! Are you going to add some PT's from OG2? Or is it just OG? Anyway, it's going really good! When are you going to put the "Trombe" in?

3678575 For now this fic is on Hiatus but currently I'm on a similar project, please check out Resistance of Steel.

Login or register to comment